Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I miss the old FGC community. I Don't think being nice and inclusive has really done us any favors. The community is whinier then ever, Exports has been a huge fucking net loss, we have to pretend our games and us are cleaner then we really are. 

FGC these days is super fucking fake and I don't like it at all. Full of posers who are only in it for the money and not the games. 

this brings up something that I was contemplating doing a video on....

Should Gatekeeping be a thing again? I know it get a very negative perception when it's said and people don't like the idea of being excluded from something HOWEVER, the argument for it is by allowing anybody and everybody in, being super inclusive, you get people who show little to no respect for the established scene and demand the scene caters to the new crowd. 

We have seen within SRK what happen when we gatekeep TOO hard and you do get the appearance of a cliched basement dweller "no gurls allowed" mentality full of peeps saying "if you can't do x then GTFO and kill yourself" 

just curious about everyone's opinion on this. 

To me, the old SRK wasn't very approachable. It was a sorry excuse for a community due to taking the games that were played a bit too far, which broke the barriers further beyond than I ever took it. What would the community gain by going back to being that mean and bitter to each other?

Even one of my friends in Pennsylvania told me that she feels that it wouldn't be a good idea for me to go back to tournaments again. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
1 hour ago, Lord Vega said:

You have no understanding of the Esoteric. Maybe you should educate yourself about it. The Bible actually has a lot of Esoteric knowledge and if you understand it, you might become Omnipotent. Also read the gnostic texts which are texts that are left out of the Bible. The Gospel of Thomas which are the words of Jesus refers to Androgyny. 

Ma'am. There is a reason why religion discussions are banned, it's for your own damn good. Don't poke me with your gnostic crap that has been refuted ever since early AD.. I may specialize in atheist ass whooping (because I studied HIS posts) but you are easy meat for me as well.

46 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Should Gatekeeping be a thing again? I know it get a very negative perception when it's said and people don't like the idea of being excluded from something HOWEVER, the argument for it is by allowing anybody and everybody in, being super inclusive, you get people who show little to no respect for the established scene and demand the scene caters to the new crowd. 

We have seen within SRK what happen when we gatekeep TOO hard and you do get the appearance of a cliched basement dweller "no gurls allowed" mentality full of peeps saying "if you can't do x then GTFO and kill yourself" 

Gatekeeping never stopped being a thing. I don't know who follows fgc Twitter or are in any fb groups but it's a constant complaint. 

But this is also why srk is important. They gatekeep the tech because they can, because info is oddly not easily found even in this day and age. Srk still has a place to be a hub for the tech. 

Edited by Maxx
3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Who's implying that the current fgc is like that? All I've seen is talking about the pedos. Which I've said before may be directly connected to how pre-09 fgc was. The moral panic is pretty new. People getting outed for their language online only started really blowing up in the past 2-3 years if that. Whenever the Noel shit went down is when things really started

There are always threads on r/fighters from  people believe that the fgc is a majority nasty creepy people who don't want new people joining. Thankfully there will be people to set those folks straight, but it doesn't stop those threads from popping up. There was just a thread last week about "does trash talking keep new people from joining the FGC?"  which is pretty soft coming from someone interested in a genre that is, in and of itself, aggressive, and common sense would dictate, attracts some aggressive people. 

56 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Depends on what you mean by "gatekeeping." A lot of people define things as gatekeeping that aren't, but I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, "this is how our community is and if you don't like it or can't hang, we're not going to dumb it down for you." 

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

There are always threads on r/fighters from  people believe that the fgc is a majority nasty creepy people who don't want new people joining. Thankfully there will be people to set those folks straight, but it doesn't stop those threads from popping up. There was just a thread last week about "does trash talking keep new people from joining the FGC?"  which is pretty soft coming from someone interested in a genre that is, in and of itself, aggressive, and common sense would dictate, attracts some aggressive people. 

😂😂😂 Ohh fucking reddit. Yeah I am staying farrr from Reddit. Nothing I have ever seen there isn't some whiney shit 

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

😂😂😂 Ohh fucking reddit. Yeah I am staying farrr from Reddit. Nothing I have ever seen there isn't some whiney shit 

Exactly, but reddit, twitter,  and discord are where the majority of the new blood comes from and it's almost always got a number of whiny/easily offended people. 

11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I miss the old FGC community. I Don't think being nice and inclusive has really done us any favors. The community is whinier then ever, Exports has been a huge fucking net loss, we have to pretend our games and us are cleaner then we really are. 

FGC these days is super fucking fake and I don't like it at all. Full of posers who are only in it for the money and not the games. 

I’ve been saying this shit since 09 and everyone thought I was being a hater and/or didn’t understand the direction the scene was going. 

it’s one of the many reasons Wiz fucking shadow realmed me from $RK. I was extremely vocal about it constantly and many other things constantly. I would tag him and other members of the evo staff every time I did. Whether it was forum or front page. 

fuck the wiz, the people in charge of evo and fuck the modern day fgc. 

fake ass bitches with their fake ass hype and bullshit esports 

Edited by iStu X

Paging:  @MillionX

Ladies and gentlemen:  We got him.

"Derrick Jaxn, the Dark Lord of the Simps, has fallen.  Even here within the All-concealing shadows we have felt the powerful disturbance.  It was as if millions of QWEENZ had their very souls crushed, distorted, and melted in a single instant.  All the pandering, the lies, the sweet nothings were destroyed and vanished as if they had never been.  As the ashes fall, we will see what remains of the one who was previously known as the ambassador of self love. "

More epic jam sessions... I also enjoy a good workout to this stuff... 

I'm running combos on the heavy bag daily at this point; there was some slight adjustment since it's not as good as the weight bags at the fitness place I was in last year, but I see now this will be a good addition to the routine.  A punching bag is also good for any of my fellow "anger management issues" folks out there.  

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’ve been saying this shit since 09 and everyone thought I was being a hater and/or didn’t understand the direction the scene was going. 

it’s one of the many reasons Wiz fucking shadow realmed me from $RK. I was extremely vocal about it constantly and many other things constantly. I would tag him and other members of the evo staff every time I did. Whether it was forum or front page. 

fuck the wiz, the people in charge of evo and fuck the modern day fgc. 

fake ass bitches with their fake ass hype and bullshit esports 

The Modern FGC makes FGC read like some strange form of Hebrew, wherein the letter C gets pronounced "soft".

Spoiler

Yes, this one takes a tad bit of thought, prior knowledge, and/or Google skills. But damn it all if it is not hilariously apt.

Edited by JHDK
5 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Paging:  @MillionX

Ladies and gentlemen:  We got him.

"Derrick Jaxn, the Dark Lord of the Simps, has fallen.  Even here within the All-concealing shadows we have felt the powerful disturbance.  It was as if millions of QWEENZ had their very souls crushed, distorted, and melted in a single instant.  All the pandering, the lies, the sweet nothings were destroyed and vanished as if they had never been.  As the ashes fall, we will see what remains of the one who was previously known as the ambassador of self love. "

Now they're all acting like they were NEVER fans of the guy Derrick. Dude used to convince women everything was never their fault, so they loved his dirty underwear. But Women just not gonna admit they were wrong 😂

26 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

get_attachment_url.png

So... he was a parallel universe version of Fishjie?

Fish:

1. Asian.

2. Bedded hookers left and right.

3. Sought council on how to run game.

4. Simped hardcore.

4.a Even with a taser embedded in his skull.

5. Finally married (Asian).

6. No apologies. (SRK O.G.)

Edited by JHDK

I've also been having stomach problems.

I don't if it's just me, but how many of you play "giant king" when on the toilet? There are times where I am taking a dump and I imagine myself sitting on a throne with a bunch ant-size people worshipping me and taking my orders. I used to have fun imagining this when I was a kid and I have returned to this form of bathroom entertainment in the last recent weeks. 

Another topic: Since top players was brought up. Here is a Fun fact. Chris G's success in UMVC3 is largely attributed to the Greatest Poster. Back in the UMVC3 thread in SRK, the Greatest Poster was like a prophet who visioned some of the most advanced tech months before it became meta. He predicted and foresaw the shell of Morrigan/Doom before anybody started using it. Many of the posters there where bloggers and creative writers who would cry and bash him (which is why preppy made the mistake of banning HIM) for being wrong.. but then some homeless bum walks in a computer café, browses that thread, read HIS great posts and then became the Morridoom player known as Chris G. 

Edited by weneedhim

A National Guard convoy transporting doses of the COVID-19 vaccine was ambushed Monday morning in west Texas, according to police.
Larry Lee Harris, 66, allegedly started following the three National Guard vans, en route to Matador, Texas, after they stopped at a Love’s gas station in Lubbock, and “attempted multiple times” to run their vehicles off the road, Idalou Police Chief Eric Williams said in a statement.
After those attempts failed, Harris then turned his truck in front of the convoy, forcing it to stop. He got out of his truck and aimed his .45 caliber handgun at one of the guardsmen, who was unarmed.

Claiming to be a detective, he ordered all 11 soldiers to exit the vans so he could search them, Williams’ statement said.

y4gZRjD.png

Melanin saved his life.

18 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

I don't if it's just me, but how many of you play "giant king" when on the toilet? There are times where I am taking a dump and I imagine myself sitting on a throne with a bunch ant-size people worshipping me and taking my orders. I used to have fun imagining this when I was a kid and I have returned to this form of bathroom entertainment in the last recent weeks. 

Maybe discord was right about my eyes not being real, especially from reading this post? Lord. You just can't make this stuff up. 

14 hours ago, weneedhim said:

Ma'am. There is a reason why religion discussions are banned, it's for your own damn good. Don't poke me with your gnostic crap that has been refuted ever since early AD.. I may specialize in atheist ass whooping (because I studied HIS posts) but you are easy meat for me as well.

You're a dumb shit or a clown and troll or maybe you are both serious and a troll. You could also be a genius who likes to troll. Anyways, you are entertaining. Actually, I don't think you are dumb since you are very funny and you seem to be good at deception and getting under people's skin. You seem to know people's weakness and that is a sign of high intelligence. 

Edited by Lord Vega
3 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

Why do they think your eyes are not real?

I guess it was jab on my username and the nature of my post history here.

Though this does come to mind about coming into the world, my eyes were originally blue, then green, hazel, and currently greenish grey. Why the the change of different eye colors? I don't know for sure. It's weird to me that my eyes changes colors depending on my mood, just like my Dad. 

23 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

I guess it was jab on my username and the nature of my post history here.

Though this does come to mind about coming into the world, my eyes were originally blue, then green, hazel, and currently greenish grey. Why the the change of different eye colors? I don't know for sure. It's weird to me that my eyes changes colors depending on my mood, just like my Dad. 

You say you are black, right? You seem to be part white due to your colored eyes. White people with colored eyes tend to have their eye color change due to mood and age. 

Edited by Lord Vega
6 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

You say you are black, right? You seem to be part white due to your colored eyes. White people with colored eyes tend to have eye colors change due to mood and age. 

Come to think of it, my grandmother never budged on the full extent of my ancestry and she hardly look black at all. I think that's the reason of the eye color and originally having fair toned skin at birth. 

10 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

Come to think of it, my grandmother never budged on the full extent of my ancestry and she hardly look black at all. I think that's the reason of the eye color and originally having fair toned skin at birth. 

Yes, you are definitely mixed. I am mixed myself since I am Filipino. I have Chinese, Filipino, and maybe some Spanish in me. I'm often mistaken for Chinese or Japanese and hardly Filipino. Some people think I am Mexican. I can pass for Indian. My Mom looks half white and half Asian. Many people in both sides my family look Filipino, Chinese, and Spanish. One of my brothers is often mistaken for Mexican. 

Edited by Lord Vega