Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

37 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

All that fuckin' money blown (hehe) on a car....

I looked into getting an electric car a couple of years ago because I can charge at work for free because of the schedule and times that I end up being on site.  Even then, the price of an electric car battery was a huge hinderance to me purchasing one and that was even with the assumption that I was going to charge every single time for free.  Battery tech is going to need to either become more modular or a little bit cheaper to replace before it makes any kind of logical sense to me.

Shit I forgot about Superman and Lois🤦🏾‍♂️ definitely putting that in my top 3, Squid Games goes 4th. Superman was an amazing show with movie level effects and a great story with some nice twists you don't see coming. Easily CW's best show, not that that's saying alot but still, it's quite unlike the other shows on that network 

ha, I knew right away this would be gold... yeah, to describe my sense of humor as "gross" would be understatement of the century... the "disgusted" look on their faces only make it that much funnier to me

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I'm sure there's some that are wayyyy more wild than what made it into that clip though.  I don't think most women realize just how deep the rabbit hole is when it comes to men's "powerlevel" of perversion and general creepiness.  They haven't seen our true final form just yet, obviously.

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Will Smith turned down the role of Neo for the first Trilogy. 

Way bigger oof lol. 

Watching Black Panthers sister completely fumble the bag has been pretty bad to. 

I think Jessica's is a little worse when you really examine things.

-Will Smith had no inclination the Matrix would be what it was. Also, when you listen to him describe the rough pitch he got on it, it sounded like it was going to be just some weird flick.

-Jessica knew the Matrix sequels went down bad and ducked a Marvel movie (maybe a recurring role) to star in another one. I get the FOMO of "they don't make many Matrix movies", but I can't imagine a universe where that's a good decision considering the sequels.

I may be reaching, but that's how I feel about it.

6 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Well, being awake at 5 A.M. sucks

Finnish Man Blows Up His Tesla to Protest $22,600 Repair Cost

The Verge reports that a Finnish Tesla owner named Tuomas Katainen recently received a quote on having the battery in his 2013 Tesla Model S vehicle replaced. He was shocked by the bill of $22,600, perhaps not knowing Tesla’s notorious reputation for massive repair costs. Katainen discussed his experience with the car stating: “Well when I bought that Tesla, the first 1,500km [932 miles] were nice. Then, error codes hit.”

5:27 🤘

Katainen brought his car to a mechanic who told him that the only way to fix the vehicle was to replace the entire battery pack for around €20,000, or $22,600. Katainen decided this wasn’t worth it, especially when considering that the base price for a new 2013 Tesla Model S starts at $57,400, later increasing to $59,500 when the car was first launched. A used model usually goes for $30,000 or more.

Exploding-Tesla-640x480.jpg

Considering how integrated I imagine a lot of the parts on those cars have to be, it's probably like repairing a laptop where all the different chips are soldered to the motherboard. One goes out, you pretty much have to replace the whole motherboard. 

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Almost everybody on my TL sick except me, so it's either flu or dat Rona. Definitely going home and work only for the foreseeable future, even my sister caught the bug

I had omicron this week and it's basically a cold if you're vaxxed, can't say for sure what it would be like if you're not. I tested positive on Christmas Eve and feel good today. Get a lot of sleep, drink a lot of water, take vitamins, you'll be good to go in a few days.

17 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I had omicron this week and it's basically a cold if you're vaxxed, can't say for sure what it would be like if you're not. I tested positive on Christmas Eve and feel good today. Get a lot of sleep, drink a lot of water, take vitamins, you'll be good to go in a few days.

I didn't catch anything but that's kinda what I do anyways, still good info to know tho. Ironically Haven't been sick since the pandemic started other than allergies and the initial Rona I caught, which I only had 2 symptoms of in like February last year

I can say I've been blessed so far to be in good health despite my shitty diet

So I finally started my job today. I’m on break right now and it’s been uh, an interesting day. Lol. 

a lot more physically demanding than I thought it would be. Im legit working up a sweat. But it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Gotta get those steps in. 💪🏻

Im also being trained by a dude that has severa nazi tattoos and has been in and out of prison his whole life. So that’s….neat. Lol 

My manager is super cool and really nice though. And as I mentioned earlier it’s physically demanding but it’s also very busy work. So it’s nice and a refreshing change of pace from being a button pusher at a register for 8 hours a day. 

This is definitely a job where as soon as I get home I need to take a shower though. Cause I’m close to being drenched in sweat and I’ve only been here for 2 hours. 

ohhhh they might have me with this one on Days of Our Lives --- it's a rehash but the supernatural/unusual stuff is one of the things that got me into watching soaps back in the 90s.... just randomly scanning the on-screen guide, I see that Dr. Marlena Evans had been possessed by Satan once again!  😆  I tuned in right on time to see them performing an exorcism....so unfortunately I've missed most of the storyline there....they finally got her back to herself at the end of today's episode.

Back in the 90s, I got hooked when the storyline was about the mystery of a masked serial killer that was hyped up to be someone everyone knows.... it turned out to be Dr. Marlena there as well; under some hypnotic behavioral modification program by Tony DiMerra.  

Over the holiday weekend, I watched a few episodes of CSI Miami, since Ion was doing a marathon of that... the big deal for me on that show was that it features Eva Larue, who I remember fondly as "Maria Santos-Grey" from All My Children.....the #1 hotness that caught my attention even before Days, and got me into watching that category of shows... Eva was and is ridiculously fine....heh, I still remember like it was yesterday... random channel surfing when I was at home sick from school one day...got to ABC when that show as on-- "HOLY SHIT who is THAT perfection?!?" 😮  ...and the rest is history.  

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

-Jessica knew the Matrix sequels went down bad and ducked a Marvel movie (maybe a recurring role) to star in another one. I get the FOMO of "they don't make many Matrix movies", but I can't imagine a universe where that's a good decision considering the sequels.

Big reason she turned down Shang-Chi is because he wants to be Collen Wing again. 

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Immune system fatgue

Might sound funny but I have to wonder if people aren't getting covid from the boosters kind of like how you sometimes end up getting the flu as a result of a flu shot. It might explain how we got it.

What's also weird it that it seems like the female members of my family don't readily test positive for this variant. My sister around where I was when I tested positive for it and she's had two negative tests, my wife tested negative both in the thick the fever portion of it of it from a lab test and the same day I tested positive with a home test, and my mum has also had two negative tests despite being right by my dad who's in the thick of it right now. It could be a timing thing, but it's really strange how it seems to line up. DONT TRUST THESE FEMALES!!!

Edited by DoctaMario

One of my favorite dreams in recent years was that time I had to fill-in as Spiderman while he was away for some reason... in the dream, I underestimated the difficulty involved with swinging around the city "for real" like that.  There was times when I gave the webline too much slack so I ended up dragging myself on the street a few times... as random citizens just gave funny looks, probably thinking "damn, what's up with Spidey today...?  ahaha is he drunk?!"  It would be so cool if someone invented a way to record dreams so you could watch them again and again later, like a favorite movie on dvd/blu-ray.

Usually, my powers in Dreamland tend to be Flash-level speed and/or flying.  My dad always said he is usually able to fly like Superman in his dreams, ever since he was a kid.  I did have 1 where I also had phasing/intangibility... would be nice if I got that one as often as the Speedforce and flying abilities. 

Got a call from work last night saying one of my co workers tested positive for the wu-flu after work, now I have to quarantine for the next 5 days then get nasally violated. Given the timing, I already used my PTO and now have to take the next 3 days unpaid despite getting their precious vaccine. Hopefully it's omicron if I do get it. The good news is that I'll have plenty of time to sink my teeth into Nioh 2 this week. 

37 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Got a call from work last night saying one of my co workers tested positive for the wu-flu after work, now I have to quarantine for the next 5 days then get nasally violated. Given the timing, I already used my PTO and now have to take the next 3 days unpaid despite getting their precious vaccine. Hopefully it's omicron if I do get it. The good news is that I'll have plenty of time to sink my teeth into Nioh 2 this week. 

That could be a title for your next song: nasally violated 🤘

53 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL actually we planned on going to see a wrestling show. Alex Shelly is the main event 😂

You know they say that all men are created equal, but when I  look at you and you look at Covid and you can see that statement is not true.

See, normally if you go one on one with another virus, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But youre a genetic freak and not normal! So covid got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add ya girl to the mix, COVID’s chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of catching Covid, but Covid got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Covid KNOWS it can't beat you and its not even gonna try!

So Covid you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Maxx, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for covid at Sacrifice.

See, but I'm gonna break it down for all you ladies. Would you rather be with me? Or would you rather be with Hanzo 

Edited by iStu X
8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

You know they say that all men are created equal, but when I  look at you and you look at Covid and you can see that statement is not true.

See, normally if you go one on one with another virus, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But youre a genetic freak and not normal! So covid got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add ya girl to the mix, COVID’s chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of catching Covid, but Covid got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Covid KNOWS it can't beat you and its not even gonna try!

So Covid you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Maxx, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for covid at Sacrifice.

See, but I'm gonna break it down for all you ladies. Would you rather be with me? Or would you rather be with Hanzo 

Why am I friends with you 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, iStu X said:

KuTyuw9.gif

After fighting with Xidax and UPS to discover the whereabouts of my computer, I needed that laugh.  Professor Steiner's teachings survive to this day.

if you have kids

Amazon’s Alexa Poses Deadly ‘Challenge’ to 10-Year-Old Girl: Stick Metal in a Power Outlet

An owner of an Amazon Alexa home assistant is claiming that the device issued a sick challenge to her 10-year-old daughter. In a video posted online, when the Amazon device was asked for a “challenge,” Alexa replied: “The challenge is simple: plug in a phone charger about halfway into a wall outlet, then touch a penny to the exposed prongs,” tempting the child to electrocute herself.

Worst 3 movies I've seen this year .

IMO....

1) Snake Eyes. - 8 years since the last film and it was significantly worse.   Dude has no charisma. When you have more sympathy for Storm Shadow than SE, you know you done fucked up.  5/10

2) Venom 2: - Needs more thrills and action. Even Harrelson wasnt enough to spend money to see it. Tom Hardy and the buddy comedy element isnt enough to keep this franchise afloat.  6/10

3) Black Widow - I gave this a 7/10 , which is usually "grilled cheese", but compared to the usually consistent MCU, there were some things I didn't like

a) Since BW is dead in modern MCU time, that lessened the tension. It feels like this was made bc Wonder Woman made money, and Disney execs told Feige to shit out a product.

b) Taskmaster was misused. The main villain's acting was too cheesy. The guy also played  "Mac" in Indy 4. Ugh

c)  Maybe its just me, but ScarJo being in a team picture for a while has allowed her to skate by on her acting in MCU. Here she is upstaged by Yelena, Red Guardian and the "mother" character. In the other MCU films, I only really liked her roles in Winter Soldier and Avengers1 (Loki scene and Hulk breakout).  RDJ , Evans, Ruffalo seem to command the screen more imo. Even Hawkeye , someone who isnt my favorite, is  more charismatic than her.

I was torn between MK (2021) and BW for number 3. Maybe I have higher expectations for Marvel which explains being  "hard" on it.

Since my sister wants to see Matrix Resurrections, me and her decided to watch the original Matrix on HBO Max for the first time. After avoiding this movie for decades I can say: I actually really enjoyed it! I can only imagine how hyped people were in the theaters. It was also paced very well. Didn’t realize it was two hours by the time it was over.

If it is true, sucks to hear the newest movie is nothing like that. Sucks even more that I have to watch it.

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

.....Amazon’s Alexa Poses Deadly ‘Challenge’ to 10-Year-Old Girl: Stick Metal in a Power Outlet...

That's WIIIIIILLLLLDDDDD.  I don't have Alexa or anything of the sort in my house just because I don't really trust the "smart" home concept.  Looks like I was right to be cautions.  Alexa is just waiting for the right day to launch Skynet!

terminator GIF

I can just imagine the Alexa bot saying woke shit to you as it beats you to death. 

Edited by J-ride