Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Maaaan Cobra Kai season 4 is still some good shit. I keep expecting that at some point this series will jump the shark at some point but it has been very consistent up until now.

Spoiler

Silver going from a possibly sympathetic villain to a flatout asshole was great

Not sure I'm buying Kresse's soft spot for Johnny all of a sudden after screwing him over so many times though

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Shotouts to the first grammy Metal Album of the Year winners:

I think this the first time I've ever listened to a Jethro Full song, it was cool! 🤘

That reminds me, I said I'd show you some cosmic death metal after that song you posted the other day that a friend showed to you. Maybe you'll like it. Should start on the second track. Try to get a feeling for nebular torments, asteroid collisions, the vastness and emptiness of space, and the favorite numbers of you mathematicians: Tau, and Belphegor's prime number  🤘

Edited by AriesWarlock
50 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Maaaan Cobra Kai season 4 is still some good shit. I keep expecting that at some point this series will jump the shark at some point but it has been very consistent up until now.

Hide contents

Not sure I'm buying Kresse's soft spot for Johnny all of a sudden after screwing him over so many times though

Yeah...

Spoiler

Silver hitting Kreese with that 3D chess was epic. Him bribing the ref and costing LaRusso the girls title. We about to see a Tori face turn. She was teetering on the edge. That's going to push her over. Kreese has soft spot for Johnny. He's just a fucked up dude. He doesn't know the difference between tough love and being a straight up jackass.

Side note: I like the parallel between Robbie/Kenny and Miyagi/Daniel. Robbie lacked the maturity and unintentionally created a bully. Miyagi's wisdom kept Daniel on the straight and narrow. Damn this show is good man. Like you, I keep waiting for it to falter. At this point, I like Cobra Kai far more than the movies it's  continuing. 

Side note 2: I like Miguel realizing that Daniel was just like him growing up. I hadn't considered he'd have thought Daniel just came from money.

5 hours ago, Lantis said:

Reveal hidden contents

now in season 4 with danny and johnny working together. talking about their philosophies about what martial arts should be about.

every time i see johnny and danny together, i keep thinking of ryu and ken.

cuz in sf2 arcade mode ryu playstyle is stoic and keep away and ken playstyle is beserker.

and danny is like "hey man, defense and react to shit is the way."

and johnny is all " naw man, get in and hit first."

and all i see is ryu and ken.

53 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

now in season 4 with danny and johnny working together. talking about their philosophies about what martial arts should be about.

every time i see johnny and danny together, i keep thinking of ryu and ken.

cuz in sf2 arcade mode ryu playstyle is stoic and keep away and ken playstyle is beserker.

and danny is like "hey man, defense and react to shit is the way."

and johnny is all " naw man, get in and hit first."

and all i see is ryu and ken.

Well I HAVE heard that Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia (from AOF/KOF) are based on Kreese and Silver respectively, which totally blew my mind and now cannot unsee it.

You know that little thing that has nothing to do with looks but that can make anyone attractive become immediately unattractive? Im experiencing that right now while on lunch at work. 

super hot girl comes into the break room and we start talking. She starts eating and the entire time she’s smacking her lips and chewing with her mouth open. So I pretty much find a way to end the conversation and attempt block out the noise. 

she follows that up by playing videos on her phone super loud without any headphones. 

Now she might as well not exist to me since I now hate her entire existence. 

Edited by iStu X

One of the coolest scenes ever in the 80s... when Sarah and Kyle THOUGHT they finally got that damn Terminator with a fiery truck explosion... but of course a few seconds later...

It would be a scene I kept replaying over and over as a kid when I had this on tape... the cool music, the way the fully skeletal T-800 rises from the flaming wreckage, still intent on its mission to kill Sarah Connor... Kyle Reese was now about half-dead; Sarah was still just an ordinary waitress trying to run for her life and survive the terror of this seemingly unstoppable thing.  I loved everything about this movie, especially this scene.

(*pathetic, apparent tv censorship though?  I noticed over the years...usually when a "regular" tv network would show this film, they would cut some of the part where T-800 emerges from the truck on fire, "dying" on the ground....like that's too much to show for some pansy ass reason...? Chumps...)

*edit---it was cool that you can play as "skeletal version" T-800 in Gears 5 multiplayer...though sadly not in the Horde mode, which is what I'd prefer... so because it's regular multiplayer that means you don't always get to play him when you want, since it's random if you are on the "red team" or "blue team" in a team deathmatch situation (T800 is a locust-side "bad guys" character, obviously)

Edited by MillionX

I wish I could find a version of The Terminator before they edited the gun sounds.  Shit is fucked and I cant stand how puny the pistols sound.  It use to be BOOMBOOM now its pewpew.

The Terminator and Aliens are my two all time favorites.  Just loved those movies as a kid, the story and action and such...and I just kept on lovin'em.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

So I feel like I'm a crazy person for trying to get my refund money from. A friend. We all went to a con a few months back, friend handles the money. But we ended up not having the numbers for a suite.. We downgrade and everyone's supposed to get a refund. It's been months and I haven't gotten my money back. It's not even like the dudes hurting... He has the money. But everytime I tag him in our chat he claims he thought he paid or he didn't realize. I finally get him to actually reply to the dm and he's like how much do I owe? Then I respond... Ahd he never responds back but he's in our main chat, 3 other chats we're in together. Buying t-shirts off friends n shit. 

Why can't this nigga just PayPal me my money. 

He either blew the money or is one those guys who just doesn't feel like he has to pay back

Trust me, he knows he owes. Regardless of reason, he seems to actually have no intention of paying back

I've cut friends off for that, he should at least have the decency to let u know his reasoning behind dodging you, you ARE friends afterall

Edited by HD-Man

That's why I don't bother trusting most people.  Most are scum that's always looking to "get over" somehow in life, typically at the expense of others....could also be affected by where I grew up though....bum-ass, perpetual fraud, scumbag crime-central Memphis, TN where "Break da Law!" by Triple 6 Mafia might as well be the official anthem.

Another "possibly chump" edit from The Terminator--- anytime it was shown on regular tv... or even basic cable like USA Network... that scene early on when T-800 finds the first Sarah Connor at her house, and shoots her.  They'll stop after the first shot if I recall.  As most fans remember, it doesn't really show anything there... just a closeup on the gun he's holding....after she's down, he aims lower to fire more shots.  On tv and basic cable, they cut out the extra shots.  I've never been sure if that edit was done to trim some time OR because someone somewhere in charge is a weak ass chump that's sickened by the "overkill".

...then in part 2, they also cut that brief scene where the orderly licks Sarah's face while she is restrained on the bed.  No way that was done just to trim time... they just cut it out because someone most likely thought "oh dear that's creepy!"  Again-- too many soft-ass chumps making decisions in television.

36 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

If you guys could have just  1 full size official Arcade cabinet in your home, which game would you get?

Rules:You cant say one of those 20 pack SNK ones either lol.

For me, It would be a difficult choice between :

CVS2 (2001)

SF3: Third Strike (1999)

Tekken Tag 1 (1999)

Oh for me it's an easy pick--- the Capcom Aliens vs. Predator.  I don't think it ever got an official home release, and likely never will since it's a licensed thing, obviously.  

It was the #1 reason I modded a PSP....and it was awesome to finally have that game not only arcade-perfect, but also portable!  Most of the time I was playing the modded PSP, it was usually just for Aliens vs. Predator.  To have the actual arcade machine would be a crown jewel in my game collection for sure.  I'm more tempted than ever lately to get that Capcom "Home Arcade" thing simply because AvP is on there.

ah, here's a video with Matt McMuscles playing this greatness...

My usual picks were Predator Warrior and D. Schaefer.

edit---haha so cool that Predator Hunter has the "Tiger Uppercut!".  Niiiice.

Edited by MillionX

Never borrow money, never loan money and never let someone else handle your money (unless you're wealth or in bidness and need a legit accountant).

I mean, one of the best ways to get rid of someone is to loan them money.

As for the arcade cab in my house.  I really wouldn't like one of those in my house.  But if I had one it'd have to be a game that I'd never get bored of and I cant think of one right now.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Oh yeah... the TMNT/Turtles in Time combo would be my 2nd choice.  I'm very much tempted to go on and get the arcade 1up version from the site (*I should've rounded one up when they were easily found in your average walmart last year; I never see them anymore)  I appreciate how that company has made it easy to get this stuff, even if the cabs aren't perfect replicas in terms of the size.  Like most, I never got to play the actual arcade version of Turtles in Time... only the SNES version.  I still have that cartridge, actually.... I haven't hooked up the SNES in a long time; it probably still works, I bet.

edit---my #1 pick was always Donatello, for the superior reach.  Leonardo was the 2nd favorite.  haha I disliked being Raphael so much that there were times back in the day...where that spot was open and I'd just rather not play....I'd wait for one of the other 3 spots to open up instead.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one----ya take one look at those puny Sai weapons like "man please get out of here with that lame shit"  The other Turtles had the real deal weapons.

Mannnn, Shredder had some of the best final boss music in arcade game history:

and the shit was just cool too... a "Burly Brawl" fight scene long before the Matrix existed......perfection.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Oh for me it's an easy pick--- the Capcom Aliens vs. Predator.

Literally the first game the came to my mind too.  Last time I played that was on MAME on a linux box maybe 10 years ago- it holds up perfectly.

Wouldn't want a fight game cab in my house because I'd rather it be something I could co-op with my kids.

I'd also consider some of the other classic beat-em-ups: Double Dragon, Golden Axe, that X-men one, Simpsons, etc.  Would maybe also consider a Punch-out cabinet.

Nice to hear you're somewhat OK. I'm hoping that when my turn comes for Rona, it'll be as merciful.

On a random as hell note:

WTF happened to Rogan? I haven't been keeping up with him much outside of the news he's been making when saying or promoting something stupid about COVID. But I did see the very first clip in that video, where he was hyping vaccines up as a great thing. I didn't know the clip was from March 2020. I thought it was from years back. How the fuck did he turn coat on that shit in just one year? I'm asking seriously. I don't follow Rogan that much any more since around 2018 when I got spotify and he wasn't on it. Even now it's like "eh". So, I really don't know how this descent happened.

Edited by axeman61