Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

After my first week at my new job my body is insanely sore and I’m covered head-to-toe in bruises. It’s a lot more physically demanding than I was expecting. I’m glad I’m off the next two days. My body needs rest.

That said: I actually don’t dislike it. It’s much better than just being a name tag behind a register or walking in proverbial circles in a small brick and mortar for 8 hours a day. 

All my co-workers are super nice, my manager is cool, plenty of exercise, I deal with customers all day but in an extremely limited capacity. My department is also really small so we’re left to are own devices most the time. So there’s not constant micromanaging or bullshit sales goals or quotas, etc. Also no dress code is a huge plus. 

I don’t know if I’ll stick with it long term but for now I don’t see myself going anywhere. 

Edited by iStu X

Olivia definitely inspired a good number of loads.... also---Anna David.  She and Anna had that "In your Pants!" segment, I remember....it was easy for the imagination to fill in the blanks there... the 2 of them on the couch, getting freaky with each other, so we could all see... Anna would preferably keep her glasses on the whole time, of course.

G4 brought us a LOT of fine ones though... besides Anna and Olivia we had Layla Kayleigh, Andy Allo, Kristin Holt (*her last name is something else now since she got married), Diane Mizota, Sarah Underwood, etc.  There's quite a few I still keep tabs on even now.  Andy Allo showed up on Black Lightning for a while in recent years; but she's been more known for her singing and music, actually.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

But yeah her and John mulaney is a whole ass mess. He was with his wife for like 10+ years, marriage ends.. He's back in rehab(he has a big coke addiction and drinking problem) which he's been dealing with. Then not even like a year done with his marriage hooks up with Munn and gets her pregnant 😂

This man was supposed to be Pete's mentor. Niggas barely out of rehab and out here busrin random nuts 

As somebody whose been married for that long...if my marriage suddenly came crashing down, best belive I'm gonna end up in rehab too after smashing some weebs.

It ain't right, but it is what it is. Who was that actor that got divorced and end up on one of the Coyotr Ugly locations with a bra on his head?

Women get to Eat, Pray, Love after a marriage. In turn you gotta let a man Drink, Cuss, Smash to settle his own stuff.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

As somebody whose been married for that long...if my marriage suddenly came crashing down, best belive I'm gonna end up in rehab too after smashing some weebs.

It ain't right, but it is what it is. Who was that actor that got divorced and end up on one of the Coyotr Ugly locations with a bra on his head?

Women get to Eat, Pray, Love after a marriage. In turn you gotta let a man Drink, Cuss, Smash to settle his own stuff.

His marriage was crashing because of his drug addiction. His friends held an intervention over it. He spoke about the whole thing on Seth Myers a few months ago

On 1/5/2022 at 10:55 AM, Maxx said:

I was more about Pokémon but apparently the tcg game of yugioh has gotten so bad it's basically like the worst game of tekken where you make 1 mistake and get juggled from wall to wall but instead of getting a round 2...thats the fucking game. 

The big 3 (MtG pkmn tcg and YGO)  all have their major issues but MtG has more issues with the company not being supportive vs the other two that have issues with in game balance. 

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

The big 3 (MtG pkmn tcg and YGO)  all have their major issues but MtG has more issues with the company not being supportive vs the other two that have issues with in game balance. 

As long as I can remember Pokemon has never had OTK’s unless it’s in Unlimited which isn’t even a supported format by Pokémon TCG.  Have they had some crazy good tournament decks? Yeah, sure, every game has. Budget haymaker was one of the best decks in the format. 

But Pokemon has always had a surprisingly balanced meta. I think the only time it ever got super mad in modern times was when Mewtwo EX from the set noble victories came out.. But this was over a decade ago. It was so broken because there were so many ways to set it up for the sweep by turn two. When it boiled down to it the card was so powerful the only tech to it, even in a popular mill deck at the time was running several yourself

This may have changed over the last few years because I haven’t played in about 5 years but despite the constant power creep that I know that’s been happening nothing has been outwardly busted like Mewtwo EX was afaik

Edited by iStu X

sheeeittt, for a few years now, there's only 1 pizza I get from Domino's -- that "ultimate pepperoni"....that's the real deal there.  Papa John's has an "ultimate pepperoni" I tried recently which is about the same....it's good stuff.  Still, Jet's deep dish is my absolute #1 though.

Once again it's rough keeping up with youtube--- I missed a 2nd livestream from Angryman a few hours ago (*apparently getting on J. Budden's case since I guess he tried to defend "STRAGGS!" from Fresh n Fit? 😆 I missed some gold then), and fell asleep during Coach's stream which was right after AM's first one today; so I'm getting caught up on that.... then I'll have to get caught up and see what Roxy, J. Campea, and "Blerds"(maybe...I wish they would stick to pop-culture stuff)  were talking about today...and that's just the people that come to mind right away for me.

ooh but now Dark Shaadows is on!  I missed the first few seconds... it looks like Barnabas actually stabbed Angelique! (yep, now she's bleeding out on the ground, presumably dead) Then a bat she summoned came in and bit him, so this has to be how he turned then...

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I sometimes wonder what it's like to have very little shame like that. At this point, I wouldn't care if I didn't do it. I'd be keeping my mouth shut now and forever.

Out of all the things that can show up on a pizza, it's just weird to me that pineapple is the thing that kicks up holy wars.  I wouldn't order it or make it like that, but if that's what's set in front of me I'll eat it and it's fine.  Better with some salty ham on there to to counter balance it though.  Nobody out there starting flame wars over anchovies or olives, which I would think would be much more controversial toppings.

In other news, both Neil Peart and Sidney Poitier passed away 😪

And as an example of why you shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, I was in the grocery store last night and saw that People magazine had a special issue out on the racks celebrating Betty White's 100 birthday.

8 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Out of all the things that can show up on a pizza, it's just weird to me that pineapple is the thing that kicks up holy wars.  I wouldn't order it or make it like that, but if that's what's set in front of me I'll eat it and it's fine.  Better with some salty ham on there to to counter balance it though.  Nobody out there starting flame wars over anchovies or olives, which I would think would be much more controversial toppings.

And as an example of why you shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, I was in the grocery store last night and saw that People magazine had a special issue out on the racks celebrating Betty White's 100 birthday.

Double post but I dun cur.  Not like I do it often.

But, yo, you ever had them shits on pizza.  They are actually good on pizza.  And you can remove them and not taste them when you eat the pizza after.  Not like pineapple.  It soils the pizza the second it touches it.  Even if you remove it you still taste it.  Its not good.

Oh, and if someone put some pineappled pizza in front I be like - spacer.png

"I aint eatin' that shit.".  I'll oder my own pizza or eat something else.  Or just not eat. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
8 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Back home the hobby store I worked at was right next door to a dominos. My co-workers and I had a go-to pizza which was pineapple, feta, pepperoni and jalapeño. It was really really good. Everything incorporated really well and no flavor overpowered the other. Just a really good sweet and salty with a hint of heat.

Edited by iStu X

I figured that's what Roxy Striar gets when she orders pizza.  It's forever stuck in my mind that she doesn't like cheese, because that's such a bizarre food stipulation to me.  It's tough to imagine pizza with no cheese....or anything else that usually has cheese suddenly being without it.

I'll eat burgers sometimes with no cheese but that's just due to laziness or me being out of cheese at the moment.

Broccoli ---as a kid I only liked broccoli if it had cheese melted on it....but now the idea of that is disgusting to me; broccoli should only have a bit of butter on it...nothing else is needed there.

Coach is live at the moment with another good one

Edited by MillionX
5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I figured that's what Roxy Striar gets when she orders pizza.  It's forever stuck in my mind that she doesn't like cheese, because that's such a bizarre food stipulation to me.  It's tough to imagine pizza with no cheese....or anything else that usually has cheese suddenly being without it.

I'll eat burgers sometimes with no cheese but that's just due to laziness or me being out of cheese at the moment.

Broccoli ---as a kid I only liked broccoli if it had cheese melted on it....but now the idea of that is disgusting to me; broccoli should only have a bit of butter on it...nothing else is needed there.

Coach is live at the moment with another good one

Yo, Million.  You a smart guy and successful and shit.  Why you watch the shit that makes people retarded?  How have you not become retarded by watching all that retarded shit?

15 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Since I started my diet back in May I’ve almost completely cut out dairy. I’ll grate some Parmesan here or have a handful of feta there for a salad or something but don’t really do dairy a lot unless it’s Greek yogurt. Even then I can count on my hands how many times I’ve had Greek yogurt since May. I use to love dairy products (probably a little too much lol) but Now when I try to have dairy like milk, cream cheese, sliced cheeses, etc it just tastes really “heavy” and/or unpleasant to me.

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

But, yo, you ever had them shits on pizza.

Oh yeah, had them and gone on to make pizzas of my own with them on there.  Shit, I've even had pizzas with whole sardines or smoked salmon on there.  And the smoked salmon was at a pizzeria in Italy, so who was I to tell them otherwise?

But those are all some strong flavors that a lot of Americans do not abide, so it's strange to me that pineapple is always the thing people have internet arguments over.  Meanwhile pineapple hits some of the same sweet and acid notes the tomatoes and the vinegar in the pizza sauce are hitting, so it's not even that out of left field to taste them on there (to me anyway, everyone else is welcome to dislike whatever they dislike).

The reason then is most have not tried those things on pizza.  Well I think most have tried olives.  Those are kinda normal.  But anchovies and other salted/cured fish most people (in the west at least) have not tried on pizza.  So they dont know.  But they do know that pineapple is nasty. 

Sure, there are a few guys with totally busted palettes that like that shit on pizza (pineapple).  But they're unruly savages. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
4 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

American kids have a   limited palate;they should be exposed to different types of food early on imo.

Otherwise, you end up with a country full of Kevin McCallisters.

One of the few benefits of growing up as an army brat was I got to try a lot of different foods from all over thanks to my dad working with so many different people from different countries and cultures. 

thanks to that upbringing I’m not even remotely weary of trying new food. I’ll try anything once and go by the “three bite rule” my parents made me use when I was a kid. It’s a simple but effective rule.

If I don’t like the new thing I’m trying after three bites I simply don’t finish it. It’s a rule that’s treated me well. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Nobody out there starting flame wars over anchovies

Because it's not even a question that only true degenerates will stoop to putting THOSE on a pizza

spacer.png

There's a song my kid likes where they ask a kid if they like, say, mushrooms, kid says yes, then do they like popsicles, kid says yes, then do they like mushroom popsicles? Kid goes 🤮 That's kinda how I feel about pineapple pizza. I like pineapple, I like pizza, but not both together.

Edited by DoctaMario

oh yeah, it's clear by now that I enjoy a good bit of "train-wreck", trashy entertainment... especially when it showcases certain ugly truths people (*like my "tribe" so to speak) don't like to admit are a reality....like anything showing women to be just as horrible, crass, stupid and/or evil as any man can be.  It's always a good thing to see that exposed for the people that don't want to believe it.... it can be satisfying to see them squirm when solid irrefutable proof is there in all its glory, right in their face.  

The stories of trans people in sports is a good source of that too; I enjoy watching for the reaction of the ultra-Libs in particular.... I want to see how they squirm a bit as they have to pretend like that silliness makes sense. (*a reason I should check the last few Blerds podcast, to see if they mentioned that trans-swimmer that was in the news recently...)

...there's also the bonus of wild, scandalous, stupid shit just being fun to laugh at. 🤣

*...and yeah, pineapple is great....and pizza is my favorite food of all time... but those things should never be together.  To me, that combo is just like someone offering me a plate of lasagna that also has vanilla ice cream and jelly.

I haven't had Little Caesars in a long time... there's one really close, but it became tough to justify going there since there's also a Jet's Pizza and that ultimate pepperoni from Domino's or Papa John's now.  LC just can't hang with that, even though they're the cheapest option....but yeah here they should be about 6 bucks for regular "hot-n-ready"s , I think....but at this point it's been a couple of years since I had one.

if the streets were fully clear, I'd get another Jet's pizza today.

There's another place for calzones I like called Roma's... I haven't been to one of those since before the pandemic; I could definitely go for a "Roma Calzone" now as well.... SO good...

Playing all this Pacman/Ms. Pacman lately got me in the mood to watch the cartoon...and of course youtube came thru for me...a bit of a shame that no one younger than Gen-X remembers this:

Edited by MillionX