Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

12 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I wish I could find a version of The Terminator before they edited the gun sounds.  Shit is fucked and I cant stand how puny the pistols sound.  It use to be BOOMBOOM now its pewpew.

The Terminator and Aliens are my two all time favorites.  Just loved those movies as a kid, the story and action and such...and I just kept on lovin'em.

If you cannot add Predator to the list, then............................

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

I finally got THE RONA.  I've been coughing for a few days and both my kids had it (but never tested positive).  It's basically like having a really shitty cold, I'm pretty unimpressed by this disease.  I'm vaccinated, but my kids aren't and it wasn't any harder on them.  🤷‍♂️

My son was over it in 2 days. Hope you guys heal fast!

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Nice to hear you're somewhat OK. I'm hoping that when my turn comes for Rona, it'll be as merciful.

On a random as hell note:

WTF happened to Rogan? I haven't been keeping up with him much outside of the news he's been making when saying or promoting something stupid about COVID. But I did see the very first clip in that video, where he was hyping vaccines up as a great thing. I didn't know the clip was from March 2020. I thought it was from years back. How the fuck did he turn coat on that shit in just one year? I'm asking seriously. I don't follow Rogan that much any more since around 2018 when I got spotify and he wasn't on it. Even now it's like "eh". So, I really don't know how this descent happened.

Texas changes you

I'm never going to get sick with my invincible mind power. 

I'm terrible at USFIV now, but I was never really good, IMO. 

If I can have an arcade game in cabinet form, it would be USFIV.

A really beautiful girl basically asked me if I was interested in a really excited and girly way, but she asked me that question while handing me a teeth whitening brochure, I said "No" to her question. It's so obvious that she is into me, but I kept on rejecting her because I was with another girl, but that other girl is just an online thing. I'm done with that online girl. If I see that girl again at the mall, I might ask her out or just talk to her and get to know each other. 

Girls are weird. 

Edited by Seth Vega
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Nice to hear you're somewhat OK. I'm hoping that when my turn comes for Rona, it'll be as merciful.

On a random as hell note:

WTF happened to Rogan? I haven't been keeping up with him much outside of the news he's been making when saying or promoting something stupid about COVID. But I did see the very first clip in that video, where he was hyping vaccines up as a great thing. I didn't know the clip was from March 2020. I thought it was from years back. How the fuck did he turn coat on that shit in just one year? I'm asking seriously. I don't follow Rogan that much any more since around 2018 when I got spotify and he wasn't on it. Even now it's like "eh". So, I really don't know how this descent happened.

As we've learned more about the virus and the vaccines, his understanding of it has evolved.

Not everyone has had the same experience though, and no matter how much "science" you put in front of them, they'll never budge from their March 2020 understanding of the whole situation. That's a problem on both sides of the issue. I don't think it's bad to be skeptical of the pharmaceutical companies, the government, and places like the CDC when the information they're providing doesn't check out or seems to have motives they aren't being up front about. My whole family is vaxxed and boosted and we still got it.

Edited by DoctaMario
50 minutes ago, Seth Vega said:

I'm done with that online girl. If I see that girl again at the mall, I might ask her out or just talk to her and get to know each other. 

Girls are weird. 

See now it's going to be harder for you because you are available.  Women can just smell another woman on you and they go after you hard.  They get off on stealing some other woman's man, it's like the quickening for THOTS.

I started to get cold approaches from women about 2 weeks after I got married.  It got even worse once I started taking my daughter places, that equals GOOD DADDY status and those homewrecking hoes get wet just thinking about burning my happy life to the ground.

Edited by J-ride

sheeeittt, that's once again another reason vampirism wins.  In nearly any supernatural lore, they (and usually werewolves too) don't have to worry about getting any of the trillions of bad health situations that weak-ass regular humans have to put up with during their pitifully short lifespans.  I always question the judgement of those who would pass up such an incredible deal.... foolish mortals.

7 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

If you guys could have just  1 full size official Arcade cabinet in your home, which game would you get?

Rules:You cant say one of those 20 pack SNK ones either lol.

For me, It would be a difficult choice between :

CVS2 (2001)

SF3: Third Strike (1999)

Tekken Tag 1 (1999)

Forgot to respond to this!

For me, probably a legit SamSho V Special cab, or Tetris The Absolute Grandmaster 3 in an Astro. None of the Tetris TAG games have ever been released in a way that they're easy to come by, but TAG 3 is the most rare even though it runs on a Windows machine.

Dark Shadows -  the episodes airing now (Decades) - so Angelique has finally gotten just about everything at this point; even managed to get people thinking Victoria is the witch....so now there's absolutely no more suspicion of witchcraft going on now.....but Barnabas has found out the secret!  Her assistant can't say the name without choking, but he got the guy to draw the first initial of a name in the sand---"A.", and he was already starting to suspect her at this point.  He poisoned a drink to have with her, BUT... Mom just came over and Angelique offered her the drink she was holding!  So now, B has to figure out how to stop Mom from drinking that of course....which will probably alert Angelique that something is up.   Ah, that was brilliant---he faked like there was a chip on the glass and "accidentally" knocked it out of mother's hand.  Oh yeah it got good again, folks.

15 hours ago, Maxx said:

I find this interesting... Mainly because I have alot of memory issues with my middle and high school years. So hearing this different perspective and not necessarily about it being concussion related is interesting. 

that crew looks like they belong on breaking bad. i can hear the meth bubbling.

Well, George Floyd's niece got shot apparently

some of the comments brought up an interesting thing I didn't consider until now... if it's true the Floyd family got millions(???) after his murder... why are these people still living in what appears to be a cheap apartment in a bad area?

*edit---yep, quick internet research is telling me they got a settlement of 27 million....

Edited by MillionX

^hahaha, YuGiOh the cartoon was always good for a laugh; any time a character went into an explanation you know 'here comes the bullshit'----usually when they say "ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN..." It cracked me up every time, man.

-------------

back on The Floyd family situation:

even if taxes cuts it down to about 16 million being the actual amount received...sheeeeittt, I'm out of there asap.  It's best to move as far away from the hoodrats and hoodgoblins whenever you can in life.  No way I'm staying in "da hood" if I just got that kind of settlement....especially since it's in the news so everyone knows your family just got a big payoff.

Yeah. The only thing I can think of that might have happened is that the settlement got split among the ENTIRE family (i.e. anyone who shares a drop of blood) somehow. Then it makes sense, as you're probably down to thousands per person. But that's lunacy, and I don't know how settlements work. All I know is if I had that money, I'm throwing a smoke bomb down and getting the fuck out of a bad neighborhood immediately.

Edited by axeman61
11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Some people are scared of going anywhere that isn't where they've spent their entire lives. I worked with dude in Mass who had never left the little 2k population town they grew up in. Like never left...not once. 

I dunno tho. 

Mass has alot of these people. Like it still fucks with me talking to a girl in college who grew up in western mass and college was the first time she met black people. Like me and my table of all minorities had our minds blown

47 minutes ago, MillionX said:

^hahaha, YuGiOh the cartoon was always good for a laugh; any time a character went into an explanation you know 'here comes the bullshit'----usually when they say "ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN..." It cracked me up every time, man.

-------------

The real bullshit was when Dark Magician got pulled out of his ass.  Then you knew some RIDICULOUS NONSENSE was about to go down.

16 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Mass has alot of these people. Like it still fucks with me talking to a girl in college who grew up in western mass and college was the first time she met black people. Like me and my table of all minorities had our minds blown

Yea it's fucking wild. The craziest is how so many of those people will talk about the rest of the world like they know fuck all about it. Bro you've never been west of Connecticut River. 

I never watched much YuGiOh but I did catch some of the Pegasus Arc when I was in like 9th grade. What I remember was everyone being l ije "Whaaaooo how did he know what card I was gonna use?!?!?!?!?!" *Pikachu face* and me just sitting there like "His stupid ugly eye patch can see your cards."

That's about all my exp with YuGiOh.

Edited by RSG3
20 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea it's fucking wild. The craziest is how so many of those people will talk about the rest of the world like they know fuck all about it. Bro you've never been west of Connecticut River. 

I never watched much YuGiOh but I did catch some of the Pegasus Arc when I was in like 9th grade. What I remember was everyone being l ije "Whaaaooo how did he know what card I was gonna use?!?!?!?!?!" *Pikachu face* and me just sitting there like "His stupid ugly eye patch can see your cards."

I was more about Pokémon but apparently the tcg game of yugioh has gotten so bad it's basically like the worst game of tekken where you make 1 mistake and get juggled from wall to wall but instead of getting a round 2...thats the fucking game. 

I honestly don't know who's worse the people who don't get out of their towns but talk about the world like they know. Or the people who have actually lived in other places and talk conspiracy shit. My iq drops everytime I go into the shop to get my dreadlocks retwisted. I feel like I'm giving Ted talks on why everyone's wrong every time I'm in there. 

Edited by Maxx

I wondered if that was the situation...like maybe they don't actually have the money yet....in that case they would be in quite a bad spot, still basically "trapped" in the cesspool (an apt description for any low-income area of the U.S., imo; never any hope of such places magically getting better.) while everyone knows big money is coming their way soon.... imagine the break-ins on the way then, as "Deebo" and his boys are thinking about what kind of nice stuff they've bought lately if they got the money by now....

32 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

The good season is Season 1, which got cut entirely in the US. Known over here as Season Zero. 

The series was less about cards and more about Horror, Yugi was straight up killing people left and right. 
Set one guy on fire. Also the whole Shadow Realm BS was an American edit, people were straight up killed and their souls were sent to Hell.   

The Manga was supposed to be more about Lovecraftian horror, but readers wanted to know more about a BS card game made up for like less than half an issue, so they BS together a half baked MTG Parody.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Has the settlement actually paid out yet? They don't just direct deposit the cash when you win the case. 

Isn't it like the jackpot of the lottery? As I understand it, they don't deposit the entire amount in one go, but instead keep depositing a certain amount over a certain period of time (but I'm most likely wrong)

4 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Isn't it like the jackpot of the lottery? As I understand it, they don't deposit the entire amount in one go, but instead keep depositing a certain amount over a certain period of time (but I'm most likely wrong)

Not sure. I just know in general, whether it's a lump sum or not. It takes some time to get the initial payment. Even when that payment is issues, it takes 10 business days for large sums to clear. At least it did when I worked in the financial industry. 

4 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

The good season is Season 1, which got cut entirely in the US. Known over here as Season Zero. 

The series was less about cards and more about Horror, Yugi was straight up killing people left and right. 
Set one guy on fire. Also the whole Shadow Realm BS was an American edit, people were straight up killed and their souls were sent to Hell.   

The Manga was supposed to be more about Lovecraftian horror, but readers wanted to know more about a BS card game made up for like less than half an issue, so they BS together a half baked MTG Parody.

To add to this yugi was mad petty. He'd send 12 yr olds to hell for minor bullying. Make fun of a kid for his glasses and the Pharoah is challenging you for your eternal soul 

Edited by Maxx
On 12/20/2021 at 4:06 PM, AriesWarlock said:

Of course, on the extreme end of the pettiness scale lies TikToker Kassie Yeung (@kassieyeung). She traveled 5,953 miles from Los Angeles to Seoul, South Korea, to remove a “love lock” she attached to a popular tourist attraction with her former flame.

In 2019, the then-couple ascended to the top of the Namsan Tower to add a padlock together honoring the bond of their relationship. Yeung returned in the spring of 2021 to remove it out of “pettiness,”

Me.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Pakistan has a lot of that too, but I think it's fucking hilarious because as soon as a foreigner lands there everyone laughs their collective smoky asses off at how strange they look.

That also applies to me, because I dress different to them and I rock myself pretty happily, so I get teased a lot in the streets. It's a fun bit of banter if you know what's going on, but if you don't it can seem super standoffish... which only makes me laugh harder.

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

The real bullshit was when Dark Magician got pulled out of his ass.  Then you knew some RIDICULOUS NONSENSE was about to go down.

whenever jaden from YuGiOh GX looked like he was about to lose, you KNEW some bullshit was about to happen.  1 HP left, both arms broken, no cards left, one monster on the field, the field is on fire, the opponent has 10 dragons, Airwolf, a full lifebar with six x-factors activated, an orbital weapon, Knights of the round, Master Tonberry, AND a cactuar ready to activate next round, and what does Jaden do? 

Jaden: "Alright!!  It's time to get my game on!"  

Opponent: "................I'll just take my things and go wait in the shadow realm.  GGs."

I'd rather just face the demons.  At least I may die from something that makes sense and doesn't take an hour to explain.