Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I loved the way it wrapped up. I didn't find it all that funny, but seems like a fine take on what's going on now. Fun was poked at all sides represented. 

Yeah, it's a pretty good metaphor for climate change. Jonah Hill was great in it, as was all the cast. But he fucking cracked me up 😂 Can't wait to see him as Jerry in the Scorsese Dead movie.

I don't normally go for shows or movies that are *not* supernatural in some way... but I'm hooked now on this Chicago PD.... Ion network is showing the usual marathon at the moment; it's TOO damn good, folks.  It was just on that storyline involving a guy named "Pulpo", when they tracked him down... Voight and the older hispanic dude were going to straight up murder that guy....cool line from Voight - "Pulpo aint makin' it back to a jail cell tonight.  Is that clear enough for ya?"  Sheeeeitttt, the almighty Jack Fuckin Bauer would be proud.

14 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Considering Ben Shapiro has been called a white supremicist by some of the left-leaning rags I'm pretty skeptical of what's "white supremacy" these days since it seems to apply to everyone who is to the right of Stalin.  It's just a boogeyman term they use to discredit their ideological opposition.

We're talking anti gay anti black brown white is best. 

backlog...do people still call it that.

Ta5mfsu.png

I got all these...thats like 1/4 of my games and I tried most of them.  Plan to finish some of them some day and some others I'm not sure if I'll ever pick up again.  Lots of shitty games out there.

Like that Nykra game.  I think the game is cool but its bugged as shit.  twice now it deleted my save and even after updates the dev says that shit can still happen.  So I'm not sure if I'll ever touch it again. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
30 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Why is everybody so angry in this thread?

Y'all got no backlog of games to clear?

Who’s angry? I’m just sitting here playing video games and enjoying my new job 

These past few months have been great honestly. I also plan on having a great New Years by making sliders and wings with my best friend. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Weird. Today Twitter is teaching me about how white trans people tend to fall into white supremacists groups. 

My brain tells me they are opposing sides. But this trans person is explaining how common it is. Wild 

Goes to show you that no matter what you affiliate yourself with, even among your own, most in that group still won't care for you. 

Think it's imperative to make who people are much less of the attention and get to know and talk things through on matters that they are misinformed of. For there, they could be inseparable of giving each other time, rather than what materialized matters that they could get out of you.  Saves a lot of trouble, if both sides can come to a common ground.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Weird. Today Twitter is teaching me about how white trans people tend to fall into white supremacists groups. 

My brain tells me they are opposing sides. But this trans person is explaining how common it is. Wild 

You're surprised minorities are capable of racism? Semi related but LGBTs have infighting and aren't as unified as normies think. 

Matrix 5 excerpt.

Neo: I've come to free you.

Morpheus: What do I have to do?

Neo: Take this red pill. It will restore you to your true form.

*Morpheus takes red pill. His titties and booty grow to unrealistic proportions. He changes from looking like Black Manta to Fishburne* His dick and balls  fall off like a Strain Vampire.

Morpheus: That's better. I am now Montana. Where HD-man at? I need some menthol cigarettes and some red booty shorts.

Agent Smith: What sorcery is this, Mr. Anderson? Only whites can be trannies! Goes and slaps Morpheus in a cat fight 

34 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

You're surprised minorities are capable of racism? Semi related but LGBTs have infighting and aren't as unified as normies think. 

No I'm surprised white supremacists accepted them. From what he's telling me it's not a trans exclusive circle of white supremacists. It's they are joining the others ranks.. Which is weird to me.  Minorities self hatred isn't abnormal. 

Edited by Maxx

There's always a Twilight Zone marathon going on for New Year's Eve going into the new year... and I see the Decades network has one starting now with the "In His Image" episode.... the marathon lasts all weekend, of course.

Whoah this one starts off with a guy shoving this ranting, raving woman onto the tracks of the subway as the train comes through.

Edit---ah, here's Tommy covering more foolishness in the news; I'm tellin' ya... women have been the new "usual suspect" of child molestation for the past several years now.  It's amusing to me how they took that over from the Catholic priest stereotype.  

Edited by MillionX
12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I don't fold or hang shit, I throw that shit in a drawer. And I just iron whatever clothing I'm bout to wear that day. If it's a work shirt, no ironing at all, wrinkle me, B😂😂

You savage.🤣

Really though.  I've always hung my clothes.  Shirts all have to face the same way and they start with collared shirts to none collared shirts.  Pants all hang the same direction.  Only thing I fold is my sweats and pj's and undies and socks (yes I fold my socks).  Shit I only wear at home.

I hate that I missed this one live... Nick and Drexel poking fun at the Jack Murphy situation apparently; already starting off with gold 😆

Ohhhh this episode of Twilight Zone though---Escape Clause---about a man who makes a deal with Satan for immortality.

Right away I'm fully on board with it, especially since Satan also specified that his body would be indestructible.  Immortality without invincibility would be terrible, so that solves the problem right there.  There's really no downside with that.  He has the titular "escape clause" as part of the deal too...at any time he can call upon the Devil to take his soul so he actually dies....heh, sheeeittt, I'd never use it though.  It could be millions of years later, with humanity long gone.....nahhh I would still be having fun with my immortality/invincibility combo.  Most people would only be bored (*the typical silly complaint people bring up regarding immortality) because their imagination and creativity is lacking, imo.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Yeah I fold some people roll.  Whats not good is when you put the socks together and fold them so one sock goes into the other.  I dunno how to word it.  But doing that fucks up your socks.  Stretches them out makin' it so they wont stay up.  Socks have gotten more important the older I've gotten.

It doesn't hurt my socks because just wearing mine stretches them. The standard men's sock is for size 6 to 12. I wear 13's, so my socks get overstretched via normal use. Honestly, my socks are more comfortable after they've been stretched out a bit.

y'all got busted socks.  I cant have loose fitting socks.  Shit aint right, it dont feel right or look right.

I wear dickies socks.

Years ago when I worked at diamond they had a truck come once a year that sold socks and shirts.  I'd always get a dozen pair of the socks cause they were so fuckin' nice.  Miss those socks.

I was born at the end of 1980 and what he is saying is 100% true.  I went to school with all different races and it didn't become a big social problem until I was out of college.  I don't think it was just social media, but I think something like Identity Politics couldn't grow without social media.  Even so it seems odd to me because I know so many bi-racial people who are suddenly strongly  identify as one race which seems pretty silly to me.  I was born right on the edge of a generational cutoff but I've always felt like a Gen-Xer because of the music that influenced me and because I reached adulthood before 2000.

Edited by J-ride
14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Wherever he lived is a very idolized view. My sister Def dealt with racism because she was so light skinned girl in Boston during the 80s. 

I probably had a way easier time than she did. I wouldn't be shocked if that dude grew up in Cali. 

2 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I was born at the end of 1980 and what he is saying is 100% true.  I went to school with all different races and it didn't become a big social problem until I was out of college.  I don't think it was just social media, but I think something like Identity Politics couldn't grow without social media.  Even so it seems odd to me because I know so many bi-racial people who are suddenly strongly  identify as one race which seems pretty silly to me.

Alot of things always existed but they only now have labels. Identity politics.. Cancel culture these aren't new to the world.. We just label things more to easily identify with and people who are scared of new things keep freaking out and acting like they haven't always existed. 

Culture wars is prob what they all knew it as and labeled it under before. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Wherever he lived is a very idolized view. My sister Def dealt with racism because she was so light skinned girl in Boston during the 80s. 

I probably had a way easier time than she did. I wouldn't be shocked if that dude grew up in Cali. 

Nah it's not an idolized view. I'm a black kid that grew in redneck country. Sure there was racism, there will always be racism, but he was by large correct. Shit is far worse now. The advent of social media along with the 24 hours news cycle has made things far worse.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nah it's not an idolized view. I'm a black kid that grew in redneck country. Sure there was racism, there will always be racism, but he was by large correct. Shit is far worse now. The advent of social media along with the 24 hours news cycle has made things far worse.

Is it worse or were we kids and so we didn't have a great understanding at the time of situations that were racially charged because we weren't there mentally yet.