Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

https://news.hisstank.com/2020/10/05/detailed-info-on-g-i-joe-operations-blackout-video-game-71021

News on GIJOE Operation Blackout...

The game consists of a story mode and several multiplayer features typical to most video games of this genre. 

The story mode is NOT in two parts as earlier reported by gaming websites. It’s a mix. On one mission we play as Cobra and the another as G.I. Joe. But the story progression is linear. There are 4 difficulty settings, namely: Action Figure, Government Issue, Man Of Action, and Real American Hero.

There are total of 12 playable characters:

Cobra: Cobra Commander, Destro, The Baroness, Zartan, Storm Shadow, and Firefly
G.I. Joe: Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Roadblock, Sci-Fi, and Lady Jaye

NPCs include B.A.T.s, Red Ninjas, and unnamed Joe soldiers. We also have vehicle based missions.

There are 17 missions in total.

oh, is there another one I'm somehow not aware of?  The only major ones I know of at the moment are Vampyr and Code Vein (*and CV is a "kinda" situation... they're referred to as "revenants" there, and they aren't quite hitting the mark even though I still bought the game...also--the co-op in that game is horrible, by the way.)... and the upcoming VtM: Bloodlines 2 which was sadly delayed into next year.... speaking of that, I know it's a longshot but my dream there is that they're adding an option for 3rd person perspective.  This was the only major issue that many of the fans were complaining about (until the disappointment of them firing the creative lead...that rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way, big time)

There's one on PS4 based on that anime with ghouls...I remember it now... Tokyo Ghoul...though there was something I heard about it that was disappointing; forgot what that was...

ESO adventures---heh, my badass newly-turned vamp character (Redguard; Nighblade class) is already on quite the rampage... fed on at least 9 or 10 folks in town without any witnesses... 😄

Edited by MillionX
8 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

https://news.hisstank.com/2020/10/05/detailed-info-on-g-i-joe-operations-blackout-video-game-71021

News on GIJOE Operation Blackout...

The game consists of a story mode and several multiplayer features typical to most video games of this genre. 

The story mode is NOT in two parts as earlier reported by gaming websites. It’s a mix. On one mission we play as Cobra and the another as G.I. Joe. But the story progression is linear. There are 4 difficulty settings, namely: Action Figure, Government Issue, Man Of Action, and Real American Hero.

There are total of 12 playable characters:

Cobra: Cobra Commander, Destro, The Baroness, Zartan, Storm Shadow, and Firefly
G.I. Joe: Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Roadblock, Sci-Fi, and Lady Jaye

NPCs include B.A.T.s, Red Ninjas, and unnamed Joe soldiers. We also have vehicle based missions.

There are 17 missions in total.

This GI Joe game doesn't look half bad. I might pick up on sale if it's not shit. 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

My Copy of Cyber Punk 2077 is locked in

I’m getting a free digital copy + season pass thanks to me buying the CP2077 Edition Xbone.

tbh I likely would have given it to someone who wanted it. However the system makes you redeem the digits voucher for it in the system set-up menu and you cannot advanced until you redeem it. 

Edited by iStu X

Stuff that I knew already from being in the discord for the Early Access but still bad ass. Its just an amazingly well put together game. My favorite part about it is that it, among with a bunch of other games, show how much of a folly a lot of high graphic games are. Don't get me wrong, the visuals in Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsunishima are amazing. But then you get a game like Hades that isnt' doing any of that, looks great, runs at 60 FPS and provides gameplay of more hours than those big budget games. Its something.

@Angel I know you loved Wizard of Legend (which is fucking sick). Not sure if you have a gaming PC or not, but when if you do, buy Hades. Game is just as sick.

49 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Stuff that I knew already from being in the discord for the Early Access but still bad ass. Its just an amazingly well put together game. My favorite part about it is that it, among with a bunch of other games, show how much of a folly a lot of high graphic games are. Don't get me wrong, the visuals in Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsunishima are amazing. But then you get a game like Hades that isnt' doing any of that, looks great, runs at 60 FPS and provides gameplay of more hours than those big budget games. Its something.

@Angel I know you loved Wizard of Legend (which is fucking sick). Not sure if you have a gaming PC or not, but when if you do, buy Hades. Game is just as sick.

I got it just haven't installed it yet.  

@MillionX yeah it is code vein, haven't tried co-op since know one I know even has it lol

Cyberpunk is literally going to be my last full $60 Day 1 purchase.

After that, I will exclusively wait for deep sales... at least until games are 3/7 or less of next gen idiotic price gouging.

Life is too short to pay full price for $70 games, in light of half a decade's worth of quality backlog.

And Imma wait until at least a year out, before dipping into next gen. Those <50% of the SoCs that DID pass muster have 50/50 odds of not going the way of the RRoD.

it irks me when companies get the co-op wrong...or any other feature that others have demonstrated several times now how it's done "right".  

The strange thing is that in Code Vein, if I recall there is an "invite friend" button on menu...but it doesn't work...as if they were making a sensible co-op mode then remembered "oh wait....almost forgot, the boss told us to make this shit as annoying as possible....ok...".  My buddy and I will probably never play that shit in co-op ever again because it's THAT bad.....only Fable 2 co-op is worse. (*off the top of my head--CV requires you to set a password up for the session, then your friend searches for the session and uses that password.  Also, your healing/support items are cut in half for co-op. ...and if you defeated the boss of an area already...you cannot play that area with a friend.  Then if either 1 of you dies, that ends the session...so now you'd have to create a session with the password all over again.)

Fable 2 man...that shit was astoundingly awful in co-op:

If you are the player that is visiting your friend's world, you can't play your hero.  You play a generic "henchman"...and I don't think your exp carries over to your game when you go back.  Also, you are tethered...so you cannot stray too far from your friend.  This was another one where I played once with 1 friend and another time with another, and never again.

There's plenty of games over the last 3 or so generations that have shown how the online co-op thing should be done.

Edited by MillionX

Sins of a Solar Empire is a Space-based Real Time Empire building strategy game
There is Ashes of the Singularity which is by the same people as Sins of a Solar Empire

Command and Conquer Remastered is a Remaster of the Original C&C (retroactively renamed Tiberium Dawn) and the first Red Alert, and all the expansions. It got rebuilt by the C&C Community and much of the original Westwood dev staff. And yes it's from EA. 

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II is good (I would avoid Dawn of War III) which is squad tactics using Space Marines. 
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus is also good, the difference from Dawn of War II is you are The Adeptus Mechanicus raiding a Necron Tomb world with a Risk/Reward motif. As you want to avoid waking too many Necrons forces, but you want to steal there tech, which you do enough you wake the Necorns. 

Age of Empires is what I was told also a good series to look into, I need to look into it my self. 

Star Wars Empire at War is good even though it's dated now, came out in 2006 

Homeworld series is also a good one to look at, they just had a remastered collection not long ago. 

5 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Sins of a Solar Empire is a Space-based Real Time Empire building strategy game
There is Ashes of the Singularity which is by the same people as Sins of a Solar Empire

Command and Conquer Remastered is a Remaster of the Original C&C (retroactively renamed Tiberium Dawn) and the first Red Alert, and all the expansions. It got rebuilt by the C&C Community and much of the original Westwood dev staff. And yes it's from EA. 

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II is good (I would avoid Dawn of War III) which is squad tactics using Space Marines. 
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus is also good, the difference from Dawn of War II is you are The Adeptus Mechanicus raiding a Necron Tomb world with a Risk/Reward motif. As you want to avoid waking too many Necrons forces, but you want to steal there tech, which you do enough you wake the Necorns. 

Age of Empires is what I was told also a good series to look into, I need to look into it my self. 

Star Wars Empire at War is good even though it's dated now, came out in 2006 

Homeworld series is also a good one to look at, they just had a remastered collection not long ago. 

I have dumped more hours, than I would like to admit into the Age of Empires games lol. Loved those games back in the day 👍

sheeeitt, it would've been so nice if Skyrim was as stable as ESO seems to be... ESO so far has crashed  once and that's it. (my theory is because it's just developed and maintained by Zenimax instead of the notoriously half-ass  company Bethesda, actually; I realize one owns the other but perhaps Zenimax is where the more capable people are?)  The constant crashes in "Special Edition" (oh it's special alright..) Skyrim eventually murdered the experience for me.  It's no longer fun if you're always wondering "..is this going to crash again when I leave this cave area? ....yep...of course." 

Odd thing is that the "regular" Skyrim from the Xbox 360 days was more or less fine, at least in my experience playing it.  I had one potentially game-breaking glitch but that was my only real technical complaint with it back then. (*and it was quite a doozy... you have to abuse another glitch to get out of it if you don't have a recent save to go back; it's a certain cave where your character gets trapped in there...there is only 1 way in or out of the stupid place and that door never opens again...I had to "clip" through the wall to get out.)

Sad thing that this ESO is my last time having fun with the franchise, most likely....because I've already given up all hope on the next Elder Scrolls, after F76 exposed that pitiful company for what it really is.  As long as the "B" company is the one developing that, there is truly no hope....it's probably not due out until another few decades anyway.

Edited by MillionX
11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The VR is why I want to play Squadrons. I have a headset and I keep hearing how it's the best way to play the game. 

I was thinking of picking up a headset as a birthday gift to myself. Getting a tattoo instead lol. Might check out craigslist and see if anyone is trying to get rid of one cheap

10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I was thinking of picking up a headset as a birthday gift to myself. Getting a tattoo instead lol. Might check out craigslist and see if anyone is trying to get rid of one cheap

That won't be a problem. A bunch of Oculus Quest units hit the used market since the Quest 2 is dropping next week.

15 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

is this like a new Rogue Squadron game?

From what I've gathered, pretty much. Space/air combat star wars game. 

Rouge leader is one of my favorite games of all time, but really it was just because I loved looking around the cockpit of each ship. All squadron needs is cool cockpits in VR and a training mode for me just to fly around and I'd be happy 

Edited by KingTubb
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Has anyone reached out to Sonic Human? I was fine with harrassing @M A R T I A N , he'll just send my Kolin crying back to Gill with his Urien anyway. I don't know Sonic well enough to needle him like that.

@bious plays online with him on the regular, ehh guess he's not here or has a different name but I've seen him on the megashock discord.

Edited by rukawa_kaede
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Has anyone reached out to Sonic Human? I was fine with harrassing @M A R T I A N , he'll just send my Kolin crying back to Gill with his Urien anyway. I don't know Sonic well enough to needle him like that.

Tbh I don’t even know if Sonic even knows what’s going on or why. Outside of the video game oriented threads he doesn’t really post anywhere else.

He actively stays clear of all the drama and dumb shit GD does. Which I don’t blame him for. 

pretty sure I can count on one hand how many times he’s posted in a lounge thread or anything else other that video game related GD threads 

Edited by iStu X