Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

There's 1000 easy points on the ms rewards thing at the moment... something pertaining to the Boys & Girls Club organization; haha yeah I skimmed over whatever the hell it ws talking about; I'm just there for those juicy points.  It's 500 per achievement so this is an easy 1000 reward points for 2 achievements in any game.  It pays off to keep tabs on that rewards app, folks....it never takes long to get up over 10k which can get you about 5 to $10 bucks off whatever your next purchase is.

AMALUR - sheeeitttt, it's been so long since I played this far into the game that this part of it was like playing again for the first time... I forgot just how crazy things get with the Scholia Arcana story...and the "final boss" for that faction storyline is quite an awesome battle.  I loved every minute of this...(of course anything I say about how things ended up with Scholia Arcana is a spoiler; people should experience that for themselves)

...so now, our hero "Zuul" was off on other adventures... he heard rumors of an interesting old pirate by the name "Dead Kel"...perhaps that would be the next grand battle...he grinned to himself and continued on his way...

edit--oh yeah, Torchlight 3 is out today

Edited by MillionX
7 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Funny how Next Gen consoles touting 60 fps for game okay like it's an achievement.

Man that should not be an achievement, oranything that should of been rewarded, it should of cam expected last gen. 

With PC gaming if you aren't hitting 120 or more FPS, than you are not even trying. 

They did that last generation too.  I can understand why they'd want to show it off.

It's the easiest thing to promote when a new gen comes out.  Show the older gen games running at high framerate.  For people who don't game on PC it's a big deal.  If you don't have a gaming PC then being able to play your favorite game at a high framerate is game-changing. 

It's only boring for people who have a powerful rig and have always been playing games at 60fps, and those people aren't the target market anyway.

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

It's only boring for people who have a powerful rig and have always been playing games at 60fps,

I get your point, and I'd agree if you were talking about 120fps. But 60?

60fps for all games is such a low standard that it'd be like Nintendo trying to flex graphical power with the Wii U when it released because its games were on HD.

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

I get your point, and I'd agree if you were talking about 120fps. But 60?

60fps for all games is such a low standard that it'd be like Nintendo trying to flex graphical power with the Wii U when it released because its games were on HD.

60fps has not been a standard for a long time.

30fps has often been the go-to for consoles for years because graphics are always prioritized over performance.  Most AAA titles on console do not run anywhere near 60fps.  For many people playing a last-gen game on a new console is the only time they will experience those games at high framerates.

4 hours ago, misterBee said:

It's only boring for people who have a powerful rig and have always been playing games at 60fps

People with powerful rigs will never see 60FPS. 60 would be the accepted minimum. With the rig I have I'll be pissed if I was doing 60. 

1 hour ago, M A R T I A N said:

Yeah, not to be that guy, but 120 FPS really doesn't look too different from 60 FPS. 

120FPS is meant to feel different not look different. Once that threshold is reached the differences are immediately apparent. You will never want to go back. 

Yeah, I've said this before but, I'm in no rush to push my games past 60FPS/1080p anytime soon. 

I've gotten the chance to play a lot of stuff on more powerful hardware, and while the difference in responsiveness is undeniable it's still not enough that I need to be aiming for it to enjoy any of the games I play. 

But hey, I was also able to fully enjoy a bunch of games that released this year locked at 30 FPS. Maybe most peeps think that's weird now. 🤷🏾‍♂️

20 minutes ago, iStu X said:

@M A R T I A N

you free at all tomorrow? Maybe even tonight? I wanna throw down in some MUA3 whenever it’s good for you. Right now I’m stuck in wakanda. The AIM snipers who attack you after meeting T’Challa are basically one shotting my team and it’s the fucking worst.

Let's try for tommorow. I'm gonna be testing out my new CPU all night tonight. 

Anotha one!  Sheeeitttt, I played the hell out of some Pit-Fighter back in the day; at the arcades and later on Genesis... my usual character of choice was Ty the kickboxer...

haha I still remember that Ultimate Cheese--- with Ty at least you could just keep doing his spin-kick special over and over again, basically cancelling the move into itself repeatedly.  Most enemies would be stun-locked as a result.  I *think* Kato could do something similar with his punch-combos.

Edited by MillionX

heh, more on Pit-Fighter... I was always amused by how similar Buzz looked to Jerry Lawler...at least that's what he looked like to me....and that Kato appeared to have on some MC Hammer "genie" pants...like he could break it down with the "typewriter" dance move at any moment.  

It's a shame that Pit-Fighter II never happened though.

Anyway, here's Bluddshed talking about the best starters for the upcoming D3 season... I'm definitely looking forward to it as usual (*one new thing is that a "shadow clone" of yourself spawns to help you for 1 minute when you activate a pylon...too bad it's only a seasonal thing and thus temporary...also I think there's a 4th slot on the Kannai cube for this season?!  That's going to make for some interesting build potential there.  The Kannai cube in general was the biggest game-changer they added to Diablo, btw... that shit was a stroke of genius, imo.

[*quick explanation for the uninitiated-- the Kannai cube lets you save 3 special powers from legendary gear; 1 from armor, 1 weapon, and 1 from jewerly... so the result is that you can equip them like new "passives" without having to actually have said items equipped.  This opened the door for all kinds of interesting new shit in terms of character builds, compared to what D3 was previously.])

I could have sworn I saw Pit Fighter II announced in video game magazines back in the day (exclusive to Sega consoles for some reason)...did my research and yep, turned out it was cancelled

pit-fighter-2-15.jpg

pit2b.jpg

With 3 new characters and shit.

SNES Pit Fighter brings me HORRIBLE memories. Literally the only time (as a 12 year old kid) that I literally cried out of frustration for some piss poor game (and believe me, I've been through some NES crap). That game was TRAAAAAAASH. I could beat the game by only using Ty (fuck the other 2, they were worthless) by exploiting his jump kick...but you needed some rhythm to it or risk getting your ass kicked in 3 seconds. The enemies also had some weird S&M theme to then....even the last boss looked like some fetish guy.

CTHwSS1.jpg

*SHUDDER*

Oh, and FUCK that MH movie...you can already tell how seriously bad it is gonna be. I'm still baffled at why Capcom continues to hand over their precious franchises for the Paul Anderson/Milia Jovovich duo to fuck up. I bet Tony Jaa (who looks like the only REAL monster hunter in that movie) is gonna play her sidekick but end up completely overshadowed by her. Fuck that nonsense.

35 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Oh, and FUCK that MH movie...you can already tell how seriously bad it is gonna be. I'm still baffled at why Capcom continues to hand over their precious franchises for the Paul Anderson/Milia Jovovich duo to fuck up. I bet Tony Jaa (who looks like the only REAL monster hunter in that movie) is gonna play her sidekick but end up completely overshadowed by her. Fuck that nonsense.

I mean...just look at how much money the RE movies made. Is it really that surprising or confusing why a company would continue to give their franchises to the two people who continue to print them fat stacks of cash?

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I mean...just look at how much money the RE movies made. Is it really that surprising or confusing why a company would continue to give their franchises to the two people who continue to print them fat stacks of cash?

Well, I wouldn't say FAT sacks of cash, but from what I gather, the RE movies HAVE gathered some sort of profit (not to blockbuster levels, of course, but at least enough to keep the money train going), due to low production costs and somewhat decent box office revenue.

BUT AT WHAT COST?

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Well, I wouldn't say FAT sacks of cash, but from what I gather, the RE movies HAVE gathered some sort of profit (not to blockbuster levels, of course, but at least enough to keep the money train going), due to low production costs and somewhat decent box office revenue.

BUT AT WHAT COST?

They make money and keep the IP in the mind of the general audience. Thats all Capcom cares about. 

Sadly these movies arent for us. 

Edited by RSG3

Rhykker's thoughts/review on Torchlight 3... I'm craving some new action-RPG fun so I'm more than likely getting this very soon; from what I see so far though... I wish there was more character classes.  Also---just 3 Acts seems like a relatively small amount of "world content" there...hopefully they intend to build on that with some dlc; more than likely that's the plan.

edit---UNLIKE the handicapped ver..., I mean.... pc-version of Diablo 3, this is another one that is playable offline as well as online, like a normal goddamn game.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

BUT AT WHAT COST?

They are made on the cheap, so they can easily recoup costs. 

Their real pull is all the syndication and now streaming money they get. 

It was the same for the og sf movie with Vandame, it was a flop on theaters, but made bank and more on tv

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Is like sony is begging to be sued left and right, since this is illegal pretty much everywhere. 

And this is without taking into account that this can also lead to them monitoring minors hence violating even more laws across the globe. 

Well, they could start BY MAKING FUCKIN PSN WORK AGAIN

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

EkUBoZ-XkAYDY8-.jpg

Is like sony is begging to be sued left and right, since this is illegal pretty much everywhere. 

And this is without taking into account that this can also lead to them monitoring minors hence violating even more laws across the globe. 

Moral guardians often don't understand how the law works. Wanting Sony to police the people who use their platform means they have to do so with dystopian means.