Stage Select

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

All the SW Legends stuff I can speak on are the video games and remembering reading a pages of a comic adaptation or tie in for Shadows of the Empire.

I heard stuff in passing like about Thrawn being the best story, the force filled tales of the Solo kids, Luke going dark, Luke's bae being a badass and the such but that is it. 

Oh and that one Chewbacca death story they did if I remember right.

5 hours ago, GreyFoxx said:

So from the legends side of things what is your favorite story? I do like the Rule of 2 and the stories around that era.

I have a soft spot for Shadows of the Empire because it was how I was introduced to Star Wars. 

I remember reading a bunch of Episode 1 to Episode 2 time gap explanation books that were solid. But I was in Jr. High. So they likely weren’t lol. 

I also remember as a kid listening to a lot of audio books. I couldn’t tell you what they were called but most were about Luke trying to rebuild the order while also studying the ways of the sith. 

Edited by iStu X
53 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I love the idea he just took a sleep aid and got over it lol. That's funny. 

Anakin looks fucking dope as hell in that picture. .

Honestly I wouldn't be against some Marvel style alt world what if stories where something akin to this happened. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finished Rebels.

It was fine. Sabine and Chopper were my favorite characters by far.

A few of the episodes of the last season were major turn offs for me as they were just there to ass pull Ashoka out of dying on Malicor when she could have just been shown to survive later. But it is what it is.

I wish they had of shown Ezra being manipulated by the Sith Holocron more instead of it being a thing that lasted like 2 episodes. That was such an interesting dynamic to me.

I always wondered why everyone liked Thrawn so much outside of just being a “well written character” from the trilogy of books. And man I can see why now. His first appearance without even speaking of word of dialogue you could see why he was such an intimidating threat.

I appreciate that they always made Thrawn look like this overwhelming undeniable and arguably undefeatable wall in the Rebellions place. He never truly lost a battle against the Rebels.

It was always Imperial personnel trying to undermine him, over shadow him, take credit for his tactics, or just flat out not listen to him. If mid and high ranking officials in the Empire would have just fucking listened to Thrawn the rebellion genuinely wouldn’t have stood a chance against the empire.

I also like that him being taken away via hyperspace whales ended up being the turning point in the war since the empire no longer had his tactical genius.

Ashoka asking the chick about Thrawn in Mando now makes a lot more sense too. If she finds Thrawn she finds Ezra. 

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Hey if it gets me live action Hera, I am all for it. 

Gina had her chance and she pissed off the mouse. 

That's not the situation at all. Corporations still stupidly think Twitter is representative of their consumer base. How many times do they have to listen to Twitter and lose money before they learn.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

That's not the situation at all. Corporations still stupidly link Twitter is representative of their consumer base. How many times do they have to listen to Twitter and lose money before they learn.

I didn't really care for Gina Carlo in the first place. The Mandalorian was the first acting gig that she had dialog in, and it wasn't that compelling to me. 
All she had going for her is the representation of a positive role for a woman of her body type.

I don't actually care about the satiation ether way, I know that Jon Favreau stuck his neck out for her once months before to try not to get her fired and she still ran her mouth.
You think when your manager sticks his neck out for you, that should be a clue to stop that behavior before upper management does away with you.

This was from 2 months ago. Before she was fired. 

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/jon-favreau-reportedly-protecting-gina-carano-fired-mandalorian/

So she only has her self to blame. Werther she said was offense or not, she was a public rep for the company and she put the company in a bad spot PR wise. 

I'll agree to disagree. I don't share same view. Twitter is not the public. There is a tiny group of people on Twitter that actually try to get people canned that they don't like for arbitrary reasons. This isn't even a James Gunn situation. He actually said what he was accused of saying. Granted, firing someone for shit they said years earlier is a slippery slope. James Gunn got his job back BTW. 

So the reason I think Amber being fired is ok while Gina (for the "public" reason) is not is because Gina just has a stupid opinion. Amber has proven herself to actually be dangerous to the people around her and causes trouble for anyone involved with her. She's actually dangerous and no one working on an action movie needs to work with someone who can't be trusted. 

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

So the reason I think Amber being fired is ok while Gina (for the "public" reason) is not is because Gina just has a stupid opinion. Amber has proven herself to actually be dangerous to the people around her and causes trouble for anyone involved with her. She's actually dangerous and no one working on an action movie needs to work with someone who can't be trusted. 

We know for a fact that she's beaten her sister, her ex girlfriend, and Johnny. Not to mention she lied about the 7 million dollar charitable donation of her divorce settlement. On top of that, she grifted 7 million from Elon Musk like she was going donate and pocketed it that too. That's not even getting into how she  used being a "domestic violence victim" for personal game. Amber is a bigger piece of shit than that the dump she left on Johnny's bed.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's not the situation at all. Corporations still stupidly think Twitter is representative of their consumer base. How many times do they have to listen to Twitter and lose money before they learn.

It isn't even about listening to Twitter or social media folk. Gina said some dumb and offensive shit too blatantly to be backed as a potential star or even just an employee. Freedom of speech doesn't protect a company from firing you because you said something in your off time.

11 hours ago, Wellman said:

It isn't even about listening to Twitter or social media folk. Gina said some dumb and offensive shit too blatantly to be backed as a potential star or even just an employee. Freedom of speech doesn't protect a company from firing you because you said something in your off time.

You seem to be assuming I disagree with that overall point. I don't. However that isn't why the fired her. Multiple people have done worse and still have their jobs at the very same company the double standard means its not about what she said. Hell she didn't even say what all of the Disney spin articles that came out said she did. She was supposedly fired for anti-Semitic social media statements. Which is why she was immediately hired by someone that practices Orthodox Judiasm. 🤔 

Almost none of those articles actually show what she said, because if they did, it would show that they were full of shit. When a bunch "news" articles hit, don't show the alleged offense, and are so similar that a teacher would fail them for plagiarism. The "fix" is in. This is the same shit, I see with the reporting on Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. There is what the "news" articles say and then there is what actually happened.  

I mentioned James Gunn earlier he got fired, but is now rehired, for some things he said on social media. And he actually said what he was accused of saying. They didn't have to make shit up. When his situation went down, the articles covering the situation actually posted what he said verbatim. Whether he should have been fired is another debate all together but they didn't have to push a false narrative. They just had to post what he said.

Of course that gets into a bigger and separate issue all the together of journalist posting stories that end up being untrue after the facts come out and instead of posting any sort of retraction. They double down and refuse to admit fault. If I say you kicked my dog and you get vilified for it, but produce video evidence that show I kicked my own dog. The right thing to do would be to call me out on the carpet and apologize to you. That isn't how things seem to work these days. People push an angle, only look for things that support that angle, ignore anything that contradicts it, or just flat lie about things that disprove their narrative. :tldr:

Edited by Darc_Requiem

The situation will continue to get interesting as KK is now laying low and is hoping people get tired enough for her to rear her head and act like all is cool. So far...things aren't going well at Lucasfilm and with Disney upper Execs. here is what I do know.

Years ago Bob Chapek (current Walt Disney Company CEO replacing Bob Iger) came from consumer products as he moved up so the guy knows what sells and how to make cash for the mouse. Why is this important? Because KK is rocking the boat and in the long term can be a liability from that side of the company as the return on investment isn't what the mouse was expecting from Star Wars vs say Marvel. The way to make it easier to get KK out is to have some info come out that KK is a terrible person/she's abusive/has said something controversial, just basically have kk in the same situation that allowed her to kick out Gina. If that happens Chapek will have an easy way to boot her. 

Slightly unrelated but say what you will about Ben Shapiro, he was intelligent enough to pick her up and give her work with a studio he formed under his company. If a conservative orthodox jew hires you even though everyone else says you made Anti-Semitic remarks...who is the liar? 

In a nutshell like any company, virtual signaling, conceding to the twitter mob for now is acceptable by society and is profitable, once it's not, these companies including Disney, will stop. KK better hope it doesn't end or her days will be numbered. 

One thing I'm wondering about the Gina thing: when she was first saying controversial posts last year, did Disney have a sitdown with her and say "hey, you gotta stop that"?

I've been assuming they did, and that's painted what I feel about the situation. I didn't see it as cancel culture or whatever; just "3 strikes and you're out" like most companies. But has there been any official confirmation of them warning her before they fired her?

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Supposedly some crazies are trying to get Rosario Dawson cancelled over an incident that already got resolved and did an apology tour for. 

Yea see you don't get second chances with these people. They demand apologies but they have 0 intention of ever actually accepting them no matter how sincere you are. They will just hold it to their chest until it's in their interest to rail you for it again. 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Supposedly some crazies are trying to get Rosario Dawson cancelled over an incident that already got resolved and did an apology tour for. 

The Rosario Dawson situation was also bullshit. Of the 20 charges brought 18 where dropped. The 2 remaining charges are against Rosario's mother and not her. Going back to my Dime length post. The information doesn't match their initial narrative instead of admitting fault. They just double down.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
11 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I brought this up in the lounge and mentioned that KK does have her in the crosshairs...the whole thing is about breaking down what opposes her...and everything Mando reps is that unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I brought this up in the lounge and mentioned that KK does have her in the crosshairs...the whole thing is about breaking down what opposes her...and everything Mando reps is that unfortunately. 

Dawson stuff isn't popping thankfully. I imagine the crazies will bring this back up when the Ahsoka hype train gets moving. 

Kathleen Kennedy is going to be in Lucasfilm for years to come, according to Bob Chapek on an investors call:

https://collider.com/is-kathleen-kennedy-being-replaced-lucasfilm-reason-why/

I have no dogs in the Star Wars fight, but I'm curious to see how things go from here. If Infernoman is right at all about KK, I'm interested to see exactly how KK drives things into the ground.

Edited by axeman61
6 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Kathleen Kennedy is going to be in Lucasfilm for years to come, according to Bob Chapek on an investors call:

https://collider.com/is-kathleen-kennedy-being-replaced-lucasfilm-reason-why/

I have no dogs in the Star Wars fight, but I'm curious to see how things go from here. If Infernoman is right at all about KK, I'm interested to see exactly how KK drives things into the ground.

I wonder if this is the case because no one wants her job. 

Thing is you can be a force user without ever being a Jedi or Sith. 
Ahsoka is more of a former Jedi (as she ended up renouncing the order) who more for the side of light than any of the Jedi has show.

Example: the Witches of Dathomir aren't Sith despite being a order of dark side users. 

She isn't a Grey Jedi. there no such category shown in canon. 
Cause if Ahsoka and Erza were Jedi, you will run into issues of Star Wars Ep 6 The Return of the Jedi.
Until Luke chose to confront (and redeem) Vader there were no Jedi to be had. 
Ahsoka left the order during the clone wars, and Erza was never an actual Jedi in the first place. 

Here a modern day analogy.
It's like you are raised Catholic, but you later abandon the Catholic church, don't join any other church but still believe God/Jesus.

Edited by DarkSakul

I don't get your example because that's literally how different denominations of Christianity where formed. They left the group and formed their own. Off your own example Grey Jedi would just be a different denomination of Jedi, would simply require someone calling themselves such, just like Protestant Christians who broke away from Catholicism.

Edited by RSG3