Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

40 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Skullgirls and granblue are nice surprises.

One because of the fundraiser they did way back when, and grubble is pretty.

There were quite a few surprises for me.  The one game I thought would be in there for sure was DNF Duel and it didn't make it lol.  

6 hours ago, elliephil said:

Fuck yeah, maybe people will start playing Melty Blood again.

They never stoped. They just play the better version of Melty Blood in AACC

I am certain that Type Lumina already is done for, they played their cards, played them bad and all the Melty Player immedietly went back to AACC

And the people they made Lumina for, the Tsukuhime Remake people, they hated Lumina too, because of the exact mechanics that were put in for them.

Just download AACC and play there if you want Melty.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

They never stoped. They just play the better version of Melty Blood in AACC

Basically a whole other game. I get it. I enjoyed Type Lumina. I've played it since launch with a group of players that don't bitch about the mechanics non-stop. I think a lot of the discourse surrounding the game is a mixture of valid criticism and scrubs who wanted to be good week 1 at the game.

I really don't think it's done for if it got put into Evo. I think that validates a reason for people to keep competing and working hard instead of hopping on to another game and abandoning Lumina.

9 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Basically a whole other game. I get it. I enjoyed Type Lumina. I've played it since launch with a group of players that don't bitch about the mechanics non-stop. I think a lot of the discourse surrounding the game is a mixture of valid criticism and scrubs who wanted to be good week 1 at the game.

I really don't think it's done for if it got put into Evo. I think that validates a reason for people to keep competing and working hard instead of hopping on to another game and abandoning Lumina.

French Bread literally put in Mechanics for people who hate the mechanics.

They missed the people they were targeting and double missed the old playerbase.

And no, it is now a whole other game. It has Melty Blood writen on the cover so I get treated like Melty Blood.

You don't buy SF and then get MvC and say "it's a whole other game!"

I don't think they can turn the car around, even with DW now being out of the picture and Aniplex being very aggresive with improvements on FGO, what might mean they want the same for Lumina. You still have French Bread as developers and that is not something good.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

French Bread literally put in Mechanics for people who hate the mechanics.

They missed the people they were targeting and double missed the old playerbase.

Okay, how? I'm not doubting it, but I hear this argument all the time for other games but there is never any sources or interviews or anything to back those claims up other than what people think designing a new fighting game is like. The closest I ever heard to an admission of this was in some interviews for Strive where the guy said "yeah, this is not going to be a legacy game. This is for a new audience."

12 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

And no, it is now a whole other game. It has Melty Blood writen on the cover so I get treated like Melty Blood.

You don't buy SF and then get MvC and say "it's a whole other game!"

You're trolling lol. I'm pretty sure Lumina is not AACC. It says so right on the cover. Sure, comparing the two is reasonable, but it "literally" is not the same the game lolol. Have we not spent the past 6 years talking about how sfv is so different compared to the past entries? If I bought SF and it played like MVC, I would definitely say "wow this plays a lot like mvc for an SF game." 

I'd like to remind you that Skullgirls at Evo is like opening Pandora's Box. This timeline is officially cursed.

Regarding the picks... MK11 means that NRS has been doing nothing but scratch their collective balls idly. No new game. Not that it matters because they don't make good games.

No DNF ensures that the game will not be rushed for Evo, which is good because it reduces the risk of another SFV-tier launch, but it sucks because I wanna bless people up with Crusader at some point.

No Project L because that game doesn't even have a name yet.

Honestly, I get the feeling that we had some good games that were hyped up since last Evo, so this line-up looks extremely lackluster and I can't put my finger on why.

GBVS clearly bought its spot. Honestly, +R should've made it in. I low key feel that they should've done a boomer side-tournament for the games that got good rollback during the pandemic like +R, BBCF and KoFs 02 and 98.

Oh well. Can't say I give much of a damn tbh.

15 hours ago, Skort said:

Yes it's a racing game, yes it's featuring Juri on her bike.

Cyber-Juri-red-1.png

Full res :  https://postimg.cc/d71JYqRR

Welcome back, dude. Good to see you are still alive.

That image looks cool. When are you gonna show us a video of how that game is coming along?

23 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Looks good. Luong was always a second rate Juri .There can only be one!

edit: expired

Edited by AriesWarlock
4 hours ago, elliephil said:

Okay, how? I'm not doubting it, but I hear this argument all the time for other games but there is never any sources or interviews or anything to back those claims up other than what people think designing a new fighting game is like. The closest I ever heard to an admission of this was in some interviews for Strive where the guy said "yeah, this is not going to be a legacy game. This is for a new audience."

You're trolling lol. I'm pretty sure Lumina is not AACC. It says so right on the cover. Sure, comparing the two is reasonable, but it "literally" is not the same the game lolol. Have we not spent the past 6 years talking about how sfv is so different compared to the past entries? If I bought SF and it played like MVC, I would definitely say "wow this plays a lot like mvc for an SF game." 

1) Thats actually pretty easy.

First the AutoCombos, which are universaly hated. While you can get used to it, being literally forced to have them the way they are is not good. If you double tap or are used to BB, you will get fucked by this eventually. Also despite what FG Developers think, casuals usually hate AutoCombos, DBFZ is the big exception because DB.

Second would be the way shields work in Lumina. I am not even sure if that was made like it is for new people, but outside of a few people here, no one I know likes the Lumina shields. They are to versataile, they are to easy to use and they are to rewarding. They're not even that easy to bait either

Also why is Saber in that game? I know Takeuchi tries to shove her down everyones throat but why is she in Melty Blood?

2) Lumina is Melty Blood, I don't buy Melty Blood to get Under Night with new Skins.

There are enough gameplay differences that makes it not Melty outside of the name.

I mean this is the only FG in the past 6 years where I had no expectations and was still disappointed.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

What?

I thought you didn't like mvc2. Maybe I remembered wrong oops my bad.

It would just be nice to have a port of mvc2 again that someone could buy and play casually and then if they were serious, they would go the route of NullDC bear, Fightcade, etc.

A good port would be great for myself and a lot of other people that are still playing mvc2 almost every day. If Digital Eclipse were responsible for a new mvc collection / port, those are literally the bare requirements. A version of the game that doesn't play ridiculously weird (ps2, xbox, ps3/xbla, etc) and good online play. At least the second part is possible.

Good call on EVO to include Melty and Granblue

Melty definitely flew under the radar for most people (plus it left a sour taste due to issues with the pc port at launch), so hopefully like UNIST a couple of years ago, it gets noticed by a lot of players who never even heard of the franchise

Granblue finally gets its spotlight after being shafted by

- corona

- lack of offline events

- bad netplay

- poor business practices

- overpriced dlc

- questionable balance patches

- next to no marketing overseas

- and people migrating to games with better netcode in general

during the new years stream in December, the devs hinted at delivering a big patch with brand new mechanics/system changes in the summer, as well as a potential 3rd season of DLC characters (some/most of which will be voted in by the public, afaik it's going to be a total of 5), so it'll be a perfect time for GBVS to be featured at EVO in its latest version, though I don't expect it to have a netcode update unless ArcSys/Cygames do a completely new SKU (which they sorta made recently with the Legendary Edition which includes S1+S2) for nextgen platforms

It probably won't give that much more life into the game but hey, at least it'll be at a truly massive tournament

49 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Digital Eclipse can miss me with how they handled 30th.

I'm still kind of lost as to why people don't like the 30th port? I've been to lots of tournaments and locals where it's used as a substitute for legitimate arcade hardware.

I gather the menus and online are bad and some extremely minor input delay. Anything else?

1 hour ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Good call on EVO to include Melty and Granblue

Melty definitely flew under the radar for most people (plus it left a sour taste due to issues with the pc port at launch), so hopefully like UNIST a couple of years ago, it gets noticed by a lot of players who never even heard of the franchise

Granblue finally gets its spotlight after being shafted by

- corona

- lack of offline events

- bad netplay

- poor business practices

- overpriced dlc

- questionable balance patches

- next to no marketing overseas

- and people migrating to games with better netcode in general

during the new years stream in December, the devs hinted at delivering a big patch with brand new mechanics/system changes in the summer, as well as a potential 3rd season of DLC characters (some/most of which will be voted in by the public, afaik it's going to be a total of 5), so it'll be a perfect time for GBVS to be featured at EVO in its latest version, though I don't expect it to have a netcode update unless ArcSys/Cygames do a completely new SKU (which they sorta made recently with the Legendary Edition which includes S1+S2) for nextgen platforms

It probably won't give that much more life into the game but hey, at least it'll be at a truly massive tournament

I won't get excited for GBVS until they announce rollback Netcode as a playable character.

I heard they did something against the year of gutting everything they had been doing all the time, but I still don't have any excitment left for that game.
Maybe they make Yuels Wife playable, that could be funny.

28 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I'm still kind of lost as to why people don't like the 30th port? I've been to lots of tournaments and locals where it's used as a substitute for legitimate arcade hardware.

I gather the menus and online are bad and some extremely minor input delay. Anything else?

it's barebones, has a bad netcode, somehow only alpha 3 had netplay but not alpha 2, the training mode is nothing special, and the collection is essentially a 40$ romdump and not "arcade perfect" as it was advertised

Lobbies are flaming trash and still have the same issues after supposedly fixed. They still freeze, fail to switch positions in the lobby properly etc.

Only way to find a homies lounge is through invite. You can accidentally exit out and then need another invite to get in.

Training mode options are barebones by 1999 standards. It's all emulators without 0 emulator features.

Oh and because it uses save states for some of the stuff, it causes issues in ST where you're locked in to certain stages.

Good times.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I thought it was MvC3 that @Sonerodidn't like.

Team Game Power Hour:

Gawd Game Tier

MvC2

We Laughing tier:

BBTag

Sucks but its better than the stuff below it:

MvC3

Game is way overhyped with wack gameplay:

DBF

Why did they even bother making this trash tier:

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid full of Unblockables and ToDs on purpose

There's a lot of panty shots because it was marketed at a niche audience of people hellbent on making others uncomfortable:

Skullgirls

I think you told me you don't really play mvc2 in response to something else, I remember now, my bad.

17 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Lobbies are flaming trash and still have the same issues after supposedly fixed. They still freeze, fail to switch positions in the lobby properly etc.

Only way to find a homies lounge is through invite. You can accidentally exit out and then need another invite to get in.

Training mode options are barebones by 1999 standards. It's all emulators without 0 emulator features.

Oh and because it uses save states for some of the stuff, it causes issues in ST where you're locked in to certain stages.

Good times.

Fair enough. I honestly didn't bother playing 30th online because I almost exclusively played it offline and almost never used training mode except to check controls.

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

The game was touted as arcade perfect as a way to justify that lose of stuff added on the console ports, and it has the same input lag cycle that SFV has where the input lag keeps increasing in intervals.

Because of that, the games play worse than older ports 🤣

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

The game was touted as arcade perfect as a way to justify that lose of stuff added on the console ports, and it has the same input lag cycle that SFV has where the input lag keeps increasing in intervals.

Because of that, the games play worse than older ports 🤣

Okay, I understand that. I remember playing those old ports and there being issues where interactions did not play out the same. Input lag I can understand. Genei Jin not scaling is a completely other thing lol.

Maybe it's just my boomer nostalgia talking but I think it would be dope if EVO would give one or two older games main stage. 

I know they were talking about doing the mvc2 exhibition last year or the year before, prior to Corona and the Mr. Wizard stuff. 

9 hours ago, Dayaan said:

@DoctaMarioam considering either learning Gouki or Remy... If I learn Remy I'll make that guide that your dumbass asked for!

Any advice going into it that you can afford?

I can write the guide for you right here:

"Remy sucks sweaty Cheeto dusted neckbeard balls. Unless the idea of playing SF with your face to make things more interesting appeals to you, you should pick ANYBODY else. Alex Jones did a little known conspiracy video purporting that Capcom devs purposely designed Remy to be ineffective and it is the most truthful thing he ever published. He is the REAL Dan. If, after all I've told you, you still feel compelled to pick him, there is no hope for your poncey soul, and you are treading a path alongside people who play Russian roulette with all six chambers loaded or people who drink gasoline for fun. See you in the afterlife."

A Remy guide would probably be more useful since there's more info on Akuma out there than Remy, but prepare for frustration if you do it. 

It's probably stuff you already know, but, charge partitioning is a cornerstone of his game, both SA1 or 2 are useful, 3 is too if you're trolling, and unlike most characters, his cr.mk is trash, so use his jabs, shorts, or cr.mp for SA his confirms and combos.

Edited by DoctaMario

Everyone is saying that things would be better from now on because Ono is gone.  Let see if both the 1st and second reveal of SF6 combine can match 1st reveal SFV

Presentation of SF6 is terrible okay let's give a chance with the second reveal.

Most of the influencer saying everything would be better from now on. And this influencer are the one desperately wanting SF to be Capcom Fighting Jam 2.0 instead with SNK characters as guest characters. Influencer that are not really into SF but more on Capcom crossover games. 

28 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Everyone is saying that things would be better from now on because Ono is gone.  Let see if both the 1st and second reveal of SF6 combine can match 1st reveal SFV

Given how Ono's games were revealed, he would've pushed for a better teaser than what we got. Showing SF5 gameplay super early was probably a bad idea in retrospect. But man if ArcSys and NRS didn't kill it with their reveal trailers.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I can write the guide for you right here:

"Remy sucks sweaty Cheeto dusted neckbeard balls. Unless the idea of playing SF with your face to make things more interesting appeals to you, you should pick ANYBODY else. Alex Jones did a little known conspiracy video purporting that Capcom devs purposely designed Remy to be ineffective and it is the most truthful thing he ever published. He is the REAL Dan. If, after all I've told you, you still feel compelled to pick him, there is no hope for your poncey soul, and you are treading a path alongside people who play Russian roulette with all six chambers loaded or people who drink gasoline for fun. See you in the afterlife."

A Remy guide would probably be more useful since there's more info on Akuma out there than Remy, but prepare for frustration if you do it. 

It's probably stuff you already know, but, charge partitioning is a cornerstone of his game, both SA1 or 2 are useful, 3 is too if you're trolling, and unlike most characters, his cr.mk is trash, so use his jabs, shorts, or cr.mp for SA his confirms and combos.

I will probably include that paragraph in the actual guide if I choose to make one. The rest seems accurate except his charge partition being a cornerstone. Plenty of strong Remys (Remies? Let's go with morons) don't use it, but it's really powerful. These guides are meant to be for beginners anyway so I doubt that even if it was as important as it may seem, I would not include it.

On the topic of shorts, that's a good point. None of my characters use their standing shorts all that much so I could've easily missed this. Thanks!

I generally agree with Darc when it comes to guest characters.

Sure,they can be hype and it's also used as a good bait to draw in new playerbase from one franchise to another.

However,let's face it, when a guest character gets added in favour of a character that actually belongs to the franchise,you can't help but feel a bit dissapointed,especially when your fav is still missing from the roster.

Let Street Fighter be Street Fighter. But I am all in for a Capcom all star later down the line. They have many great characters from many franchises. 

Edited by Skort
24 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

What are your guys thoughts on other Capcom  game chars in SF?

We already have Final Fight and Rival Schools.

Would it be too outlandish to have a Darkstalkers char since Capcom will probably never make a new DS game?

I don’t mind FF and RS, I guess because they’re more natural, whereas having vampires and werewolves in SF feels wrong to me… Then again we have Blanka so idk lol.

great avatar gif btw, “Here’s a hint!”

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

What are your guys thoughts on other Capcom  game chars in SF?

We already have Final Fight and Rival Schools.

Would it be too outlandish to have a Darkstalkers char since Capcom will probably never make a new DS game?

Final Fight characters have always been in the same universe. The original title to Final Fight was Street Fighter '89. Game development was different back in the day. These was literally a misunderstanding and they developed a beat em up sequel to SF instead of a 1 v 1 fighter. Rival Schools characters are similar in ability to SF characters. Darkstalker characters are top tier comic book character levels of strength. The strongest SF characters would would get merc'd by the weakest DS characters it wouldn't be close.  It would be like a toddler fighting Darkseid.

2 hours ago, Dayaan said:

I will probably include that paragraph in the actual guide if I choose to make one. The rest seems accurate except his charge partition being a cornerstone. Plenty of strong Remys (Remies? Let's go with morons) don't use it, but it's really powerful. These guides are meant to be for beginners anyway so I doubt that even if it was as important as it may seem, I would not include it.

On the topic of shorts, that's a good point. None of my characters use their standing shorts all that much so I could've easily missed this. Thanks!

Got for it, you have my blessing lol

Charge partitioning is useful for playing a bit more aggressively, which, imo, is the most efficient way to play Remy considering you can't really zone. Pushing them to the corner with grabs, pokes, and dash up LoVs can work but depending on the opponent, you can get fucked. His s.mk and s.hp are nice pokes and you can even cross up with his j.lk. if you can get off a couple taunts to raise his stun and then mix them up, it can work fairly well.

26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The strongest SF characters would would get merc'd by the weakest DS characters it wouldn't be close.  It would be like a toddler fighting Darkseid.

Akuma fucking dying to little girl with a gun is probably the only reason I would want a DS character in this series. Really don’t want those two series crossing over so much unless it’s a crossover game.

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

I don’t mind FF and RS, I guess because they’re more natural, whereas having vampires and werewolves in SF feels wrong to me… Then again we have Blanka so idk lol.

great avatar gif btw, “Here’s a hint!”

You also have Necalli who is an 'Emissary of the Gods'. And he was sent on a mission (of three) to consume the one who serves the God of fire, to consume Dhalsim.

I'd like to see some SF characters like Alex in a Final Fight game.

4 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, Power scaling and the whole establish lore about how death works will be messed up.

Like what's the point of Gill DNA genetic manipulation to attain powers like resurrections and Bison desperate need for a clone body to exist. If the dead has been walking among with the living all of this years. Like every conflict and goal the two super secret organization all over the years in SF universe had became totally pointless lol.

Even the reason why this powerful supernatural individuals never tried to be involved with the world events and tournaments. It's like the same messed up reason in MCU that why the ETERNALS weren't involved in the END GAME conflict. 

It's already been a problem why Gill choose Ibuki, Lee brothers and the likes Elena to join his SF3 tournament instead of those that are actual historical fighters that are a strong in SF universe.

This is why I had various fanfic about why SF3 tournament end up with those participants. same did with @Doctrine_Dark. I have the same issue with SF1 that's why I didn't wan't it also as a tournament.

I don't really think a story base on a tournament of the world best warriors to works in SF because most of their champions and participants line up doesn't age well like Alex, as someone to be a better fighter. A Samsho like phasing like story is better suited in SF, just like Alpha.

Edited by Shakunetsu