Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Hori has a new fight pad and a new stick coming out.  The fight pad looks like a huge update over the current model, though I wish they had stuck with the form factor they used to use on the Fighting Commander Pro.

I was going to to get this stick for PS5 but decided to just get something else after looking at reviews of the Xbox SS/X version - I think they made some odd design choices with this thing (mostly in regards to cable management).

I just hope Sony doesn’t go back on their “official PS4 controllers will work on PS5 games” before something better comes out.

Edited by Mattatsu
4 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I was going to to get this stick for PS5 but decided to just get something else after looking at reviews of the Xbox SS/X version - I think they made some odd design choices with this thing (mostly in regards to cable management).

I just hope Sony doesn’t go back on their “official PS4 controllers will work on PS5 games” before something better comes out.

I've been rocking my PS4 Qanba Obsidian on my PS5 without issue for going on a year and half now.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've been rocking my PS4 Qanba Obsidian on my PS5 without issue for going on a year and half now.

Oh yeah, for sure. My Obsidian Hitbox and my PS4 Hori Fighting Edge work great on my PS5 (with exception for the ShareFactory app).

What I am worried about is now that an official PS5 specific stick will be released (after Aug 31st anyway), that there will be a future PS5 firmware update that won’t allow for PS4 controllers to work anymore… Either that, or future PS5 games won’t allow for legacy controllers (which a PS4 controller technically is).

Probably won’t be an immediate thing (if it ever happens), but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was an eventuality.

Edited by Mattatsu

Yeah, Japanese CPT22 events will be Luke mirrors all over the place now. It's not going to be an enjoyable watch.

I wonder if Tokido will jump ship as well. I'm not sure if Urien's nerfs would impact his playstyle too much but I've also not looked into them too deeply.

Well the Balrog ship might have sailed but I could totally see him going to play Luke in the future. He might have no disgusting Aegis stuff but he's basically a character without weakness, so ideal for tournament play.

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I think the target audience for it usually prefers it to be wired, because it's one less vector for causing input lag.

Also bypasses that annoying "is it turned off and desynchronised or not?" issue you constantly run into with wireless controllers on PS4.

Edited by delete_me

That tap nerf to Balrog was like 5 years late lol

I think it makes him just a great character now instead of a cheap asshole lol

You can get an easy confirm into knockdown now from standing jab with Balrog by linking into st.mp, st.lp xx dp or ex low blow. I can regularly get it to be +3 on backwards quick rise. Decent little buff.

5 hours ago, Reticently said:

I think the target audience for it usually prefers it to be wired, because it's one less vector for causing input lag.

If I'm not mistaken isn't most of the input lag from console caused by the console itself? I remember reading an article how the PS5 version of KOF 15 runs on a five frame delay and the PS4 version on 4 frames. With the versions on Xbox running lower than that. Can't imagine the wire doing much to help when the problem isn't on the peripheral end.

Edited by Hawkingbird
49 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

isn't most of the input lag from console caused by the console itself?

Sure, but if people can still do things to shave off  

a frame or two of lag here and there they're going to do it.  Idk how much time it takes to interpolate to Bluetooth and back, but it's definitely more than just sending it down a wire, and opens up the possibility of RF interference in the worst case.

8 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

If I'm not mistaken isn't most of the input lag from console caused by the console itself? I remember reading an article how the PS5 version of KOF 15 runs on a five frame delay and the PS4 version on 4 frames. With the versions on Xbox running lower than that. Can't imagine the wire doing much to help when the problem isn't on the peripheral end.

Input lag is a combination of 4 key factors.

* The Control

* The Console/PC

* The Screen

* Optimization

The minimum of input lag that you can have, is 3f, at least in theory.

1 for each element, assuming that the optimization is so on point that is essentially 0, which in reality is never the case, and since how games work, in reality, even if you have a 3.01 of input lag on all parts, in the end you end with a 4f input lag, since the move will show on the 4f after all the process is said and done.

Which leads us to the controllers, having your control wired instead of being wireless actually has an impact, since wireless communication can have package loss due multiple reasons like interference on the environment, and could require extra processing compared to wired.

It is the same principle of why is preferable to play online wired instead of using wifi.

As for the case of KOFXV, the difference of performance on the input lag department was due optimization.

Of all the versions of KOFXV, only the PS5 version ran like at 5 frames on launch, while the others run around 4.

And from what i understand, it was patched to be on pair at later date to put it at the same range as the other versions.

The severity of the input lag was hugely misinformed, i remember that some people were even saying that the inputlag of kofxv on ps5 was almost double of the xbox one, when the difference was only 1, lol, and some people even going on dumb console war shit saying that it was a showcase of the ps5 being inferior, despite multiple of other games running on par or better on the ps5 than the xbox family, clueing us that it was an optimization problem, aka a problem of software instead of hardware.

The reality is that most people don't understand how inputlag works, and when saw the numbers reported jumped on to say the usual dumb shit and perpetuate dumb myths.

Many saw the 70ish ms of inputlag and thought it was bad when in reality puts it on 4fs which is the desired number.

So in summary, while the theoretical lowest inputlag that you can have is 3, the reality is that the number will be 4f.

And while 5f is not optimal, is on the range of desirable, and is actually the standard for many games.

6f is on the upper hand of what is tolerable, and sadly has become the standard for basically most games outside action, racing and fighting games.

And even some current high profile fgs are on the 5.x aka 6f spectrum like SF4, KOFXIV which has natively on all versions 5.6, KOF 13 around 5F, and older KOF being a mixed bag with some even having 6+ at times.

Just to give you an idea 

Injustice 2 5.3

Mortal Kombat XL 5.4

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite - 6.0 

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 6.0

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 6.0

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition 6.3

With all of them being essentially 6 due how it works and SFV being essentially 7f, which is exacerbated by the input lag cyle that pushes it to 9f to 10f at top and resets to 6.x to 7.

Edited by Hecatom
6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I remember hearing about it a long time ago, but a sequel for Chaos Code has been officially shown.

There will be a special exhibition for this game after a tournament of the original game ends.

Wow, nice to see it back

For those who don't know

The game was basically the project of 2 brothers.

The sequel got cancelled some years ago because one of the brothers died, and it was basically kept a secret from everyone.

The brother that was still alive tried to push forward to honor the memory of his brother, but the depression of the lose was too much that some days after the official trailer it was cancelled.

I think VS1/VT1 Gill is now a better zoner than Rose. Meteor's placement is invisible at first, it builds V-Meter and it doesn't disappear when he gets hit. Also just a fraction of the startup or recovery frames of Soul Punish. I realise Soul Punish has more utility overall but you need to it in fireball wars to get an advantage and Meteor just does that job way better.

Someone told me you can't unlock the new tracksuit colors in survival mode.  While looking into it I saw that all the colors will unlock for free at the end of the 2022 CPT season.  It says it in the description of the color packs in the shop. 

I'm glad I only bought Juri's colors.....always gotta read the fine print.  Though, I'm sure at this point most people still playing have the FM to spare.

6 hours ago, Fatal Error XI said:

Someone told me you can't unlock the new tracksuit colors in survival mode.  While looking into it I saw that all the colors will unlock for free at the end of the 2022 CPT season.  It says it in the description of the color packs in the shop. 

I'm glad I only bought Juri's colors.....always gotta read the fine print.  Though, I'm sure at this point most people still playing have the FM to spare.

10k FM for tracksuit colors of 1 character 

100k FM for tracksuit colors of everybody

Unlocked free when shitty CPT is over 

My problem is i had like 250-300k FM after Luke release and level up gimmicks, but knowing there was nothing left to save FM for, used them all for Menat predictions, to unlock EX colors and classic art 🤣 

On the bright side for vast majority of characters the tracksuit alt is very not-needed, as most have multiple better alts or tracksuit does'nt fit their style... planning to unlock it for like 5-6 characters lol

So far unlocked just Luke ones, next 10K is going to be probably Dan or Falke i guess

That Lucia kara throw looks solid. Matter of fact I've lost to every Lucia I came across this patch so far (all two of them). I kind of want to go back to her to see how much she has improved but now that I've ranked up a bunch I doubt I'd be able to properly use a character I haven't touched in over a year. Moments like these make me appreciate the two-factor ranking in SFIV (one for the player, one for the character).

Kage seems kind of all over the place now btw., I see him more often than Ken. I have no clue what they have done to him outside of some fireball things but it's probably my least favourite shoto to face.