Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Finding out the hard way to be honest, but you can still save the money and come get this L for free in +R since you already got that.

So, which one do you want?

Give me a time tomorrow. Once I get out of work. I'm going home, taking a shower, grabbing my shit, and driving to VA. Should be there by midnight. Bruh you better cook me in +R, I know as much about that game as Cyclops knows about fidelity. 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

The DNF game looks like a low budget Guilty Gear from what I can tell. Not bad, but real combo heavy.

Looks better than Guilty Gear in my opinion.  Maybe not in terms of pure graphical power but the character designs and artistic direction is right up my alley.  I couldn't find a main in Strive but almost every character in DNF so far has looked interesting to me.  The gameplay looks way more fun as well.

Edited by HeavensCloud
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh you better cook me in +R, I know as much about that game as Cyclops knows about fidelity. 👀

Ain't no point then. I don't care for W's I steal out of unfamiliarity.

Despite the fact that one match I won obviously allowing me to live rent-free in your head to the point you found it necessary to write a whole paragraph shitting on me, @Sonerowas the one ethering you. Go play him instead.

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

Ain't no point then. I don't care for W's I steal out of unfamiliarity.

Despite the fact that one match I won obviously allowing me to live rent-free in your head to the point you found it necessary to write a whole paragraph shitting on me, @Sonerowas the one ethering you. Go play him instead.

Ethering me? That's disrespecting Nas. I think the only person I haven't played in a game here Cipher. Hell I even played SFIV with peeps here and hate that game. So Ether? Nah. If enough of my friends are playing game, I'll play it even if it isn't my cup of tea because playing shit with people you know is usually fun. Unfortunately, its the closest thing left to the arcade experience for me and probably most of us here.

PS4 licensed controllers don’t seem to work with the PS5 version of DNF (at least in the beta).

PS4 version should be okay, but this will likely be a PC purchase for me, if I like it

edit: also, there is no training mode in the beta, just online matches, so it really is like stumbling on that new game in the arcade you know nothing about lol… should be fun

Edited by Mattatsu
52 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games. Mainly due to Duel Shock 4s not having the features unique to the duel sense. 

Third party PS4 licensed controllers used to work with PS5 games. Every other PS5 fighting game I have works with my PS4 obsidian, without any issues.

anyways, this beta is brucked. I can’t seem to find a room to join so I made my own but cannot move around in it to join a station. The room looks similar to Rev2 lobbies fwiw

edit: just tested PS5 versions of MK11 and  Strive, and my controller works fine of them.

anyways, DNF doesn’t seem like a game I’m going to buy

Edited by Mattatsu
31 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Third party PS4 licensed controllers used to work with PS5 games. Every other PS5 fighting game I have works with my PS4 obsidian, without any issues.

anyways, this beta is brucked. I can’t seem to find a room to join so I made my own but cannot move around in it to join a station. The room looks similar to Rev2 lobbies fwiw 

Looks like it ain't fully up yet. Sonero is labbing vs the CPU and talking about it on Discord.

Game sounds BANANAS. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

Looks like it ain't fully up yet. Sonero is labbing vs the CPU and talking about it on Discord.

Game sounds BANANAS. 🤣

I don’t know. I played about 10 matches against the CPU and turned it off. There are a few things I don’t like about it. Could just be me though.

The characters have a lot of moves. There are two attack buttons, two skill (special) buttons, and one super button. Each of the skill buttons has like 4 specials tied to it, so there may be a lot of combo options/juggles I haven’t explored, but I wasn’t having much fun… I was expecting this game to be something else though. I’ll give it another shot later and see if it peaks my interest more.

Edited by Mattatsu

Hold is your throw and your conversion skill sacrifices health for meter. Your health can regenerate at times, but I haven’t figured out under what circumstances.

the MP skills are your EX specials. They use meter to do and are done with one-direction + button. Meter seems to recharge by itself, at least enough to do one MP skill.

Super is done when your meter is full and can be done by a single button press. seems like you can maybe only do it once a round, even if meter is full (I could be wrong though)

no air dashes. You can double tap and hold forward for a run. Double tap back for backdash. Movement feels on the slower side to me, but tbh, I was disappointed there was no air dash, so my opinion may be skewed.

the buttons are big.

Edited by Mattatsu
2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Your health can regenerate at times, but I haven’t figured out under what circumstances.

Gray/White health regens. Probably with time like most games.

Apparently, only Blue/Metered specials do real Red damage tho, which is kinda wild. They don't want you to hold meter at all.

Just now, Volt said:

Gray/White health regens. Probably with time like most games.

Apparently, only Blue/Metered specials do real Red damage tho, which is kinda wild. They don't want you to hold meter at all.

Oh, so doing non-MP skills allows your opponent’s health to regenerate, but MP skills don’t. That’s interesting 

40 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I watched that video and it looks cool but I still don’t really get how the HP works

There are essentially four attack buttons: A, B, skills (normal specials), and MP skills (EX specials).

The A, B, and skills buttons inflict normal damage which leaves a little bit of white health that is recoverable. This white health recovers if you aren’t being attacked (getting hit or blocking attacks)

when you hit an opponent with an MP skill, which uses the blue meter below the health bar, the health removed is non-recoverable, and it also takes away any white health they had.

here’s another match I just found. If you watch the meters on during the match, it may click. Also, the small blue meters near the clock are guard meters. I believe there may be guard crushes if it runs out

38 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I watched that video and it looks cool but I still don’t really get how the HP works

Think of it as a team game, you got real damage + recoverable damage on hit. EX/MP/Metered Skills eat the opp's white health and do full damage.

The white health can be used for recovering by waiting a bit like normal chip health or for Conversion.

12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

So this game has a guard button? How do the MK haters in here feel about that? 😂

I'm enjoying all the salt in this thread in the last couple pages too lol

I ain't even mad, you can also hold back to block like GBVS.

And y'know, this game actually looks good unlike MK. 🙃

45 minutes ago, Volt said:

And y'know, this game actually looks good unlike MK.

This game looks good, no doubt, but it’s also somewhat generic with so many other games looking similar nowadays.

Personally, I think MK11 looks better that this. The realism in the character’s faces is frankly incredible… It’s definitely not perfect, and there’s lots of room for

improvement, but that’s my opinion. I’ve mostly preferred realism over anime/cartoon aesthetics. 

Edited by Mattatsu