Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

41 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Went to a Japanese streamer's channel. He was playing SFV. Don't even know his name...since it was in all Japanese. 

Right as soon as I arrived, I heard T-Pain playing. When that track was over, a Big Sean track came on. Then Jodeci started playing.

I've officially seen it all.

I could see Matsumoto doing that. Dude has a clean ass fade. He honestly looks like someone that would be playing at NLBC.

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Shyt can really be unbearably ass at times tho fr.

Against some of the people with crazier backdashes, its nutty.  Tried to play Cammy against some random Ed. Dude did one backdash and flew all the way to South America. Don't even know how people pretend they hit confirm anything under this conditions.

12 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Pretty curious to see how they handle ranking in the next game.

I'm curious how they handle fucking everything in 6

it's been almost 6 years since V launched and in that period they made *one* brand new fighting game, and it was ass pretty much all around

Like I'm not even going to be surprised if SF6 turns out to be worse than V. Belive me there are plenty of ways it could happen

I wish that I could go further with the quantity of the genre in comparison to 15 years ago, but having Schizoaffective Disorder is an awful thing to have.

That really hinders concentration, patience, and other things for me. I'm kinda proud of myself to reach high level play in something like Fighting Ex Layer Another Dash in recent times. One of the top players from that game series  said that I'm capable of reaching the grand finals, which is kinda flattering. Samurai Showdown 7 was on the verge of high level play.

I still think that this genre was with merit and the chess tournament mass from the late 1990s, even if I overworked myself in the process.

I'm a returning user here. I need to remember things about account information. Memory decline is just a pain. XD

Just watched the new MK movie last night. It was good up until it wasn’t. Lots of build up then the last 20 minutes the movie gives off heavy  “the studio said we gotta wrap this up” vibes. 

Lots of cool nods to the game, great fight choreography, and cool looking character designs, but tbh I think it fell flat in pretty much every other area. 

Most of the actually cool characters you want to see, (Goro, Scorpion, Mileena, LK, etc) get barely any screen time or character development. Plenty of Sonya, Kano, and this made up character Cole who has no personality other than “I love my family”. There is no tournament and most of the fights feel like one of the combatants is blatantly throwing. 

Just had a some random car follow me home, pull up in front of me and my house, then speed off after a minute. I went in my house to grab a weapon and tell my mom to potentially call the cops but the guy left before anything happened.

I was going to let it go but I was talking to my mom and she saw the vehicle come back around the block like a minute later, so I hopped in my car to look for them but I didn’t find them. 

There isn’t really a point to the story but now I’m mad as fuck and can’t calm down. I hope this dude pulls up again so can ask him wth his deal is.

Edited by Vhozite
15 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Just had a some random car follow me home, pull up in front of me and my house, then speed off after a minute. I went in my house to grab a weapon and tell my mom to potentially call the cops but the guy left before anything happened.

I was going to let it go but I was talking to my mom and she saw the vehicle come back around the block like a minute later, so I hopped in my car to look for them but I didn’t find them. 

There isn’t really a point to the story but now I’m mad as fuck and can’t calm down. I hope this dude pulls up again so can ask him wth his deal is.

Maaaybe it's a lost Diner Dash driver or somesuch.  

Stay safe.  🙏

Edited by Pair of Rooks

Invited over a friend who also knew nothing about Strive to play some games together and had a blast. I tried most of the cast, and had the most success playing like a total asshole with May and Axel, but also enjoyed Ram a good deal. I think I had the most fun trying to figure out Jack-o, but I kind of feel like pursuing that as my first Guilty Gear character might be ill advised.

I'll keep at it.

1 hour ago, Yiceman said:

Invited over a friend who also knew nothing about Strive to play some games together and had a blast. I tried most of the cast, and had the most success playing like a total asshole with May and Axel, but also enjoyed Ram a good deal. I think I had the most fun trying to figure out Jack-o, but I kind of feel like pursuing that as my first Guilty Gear character might be ill advised.

I'll keep at it.

If you like jacko stick with jacko imo

She does demand elbow grease relative to the rest of the cast but I'm a strong believer that you should always play who you like the most

Regardless of who you choose to play though, have some matchvid channels if you're into learning that way

https://youtube.com/channel/UCMSWrtLpEP6u7ikNcOQc41A

https://youtube.com/channel/UCUaVfjcZLVd-SQQVhYfGdoQ

1 hour ago, Yiceman said:

I'll keep at it.

Nice.

IfI can ever get my brother to try it out that'll be the day I try to figure out Zato

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Tweet with the survey for GBFVS, asking what chars people want to see on the game, what series or game people want to see the game have a crossover and sugestions for the game (we all know what people will ask, rollback XD )

Developers reading the survey "Who is Rollback Netcode and why is everyone requesting he join the roster?"

10 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Should've tried to throw him off, now he knows where you live.

Ngl, consider getting a strap, an alarm system or moving. Preferably all of those.

If the guy turns out to actually be a threat, remember to stay calm at all times, have your mom call the cops ASAP, and never let your guard down on a scrap.

And of course, try to not break your hand on the dude's face like I did. Still not fully recovered.

Edited by Volt