Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

48 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I still don't really know what this game is or where it came from, but I enjoy that more people seem to be trying to make quality fighting games lately.

As for this trailer, bro looks like a grappler with crazy Jesus lasers and some kind of aegis reflector wall to bounce people off of. Why not.

29 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

As for this trailer, bro looks like a grappler with crazy Jesus lasers and some kind of aegis reflector wall to bounce people off of. Why not.

Damn..what did I do to Yiceman? Told him to try other games, he snorted some TOTSUGEKI and now he wants to crank neck with anime crusaders.

This is probably how ObiWan felt watching Anakin all burned up and fucked up.

😭

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Damn..what did I do to Yiceman? Told him to try other games, he snorted some TOTSUGEKI and now he wants to crank neck with anime crusaders.

This is probably how ObiWan felt watching Anakin all burned up and fucked up.

😭

From my point of view the Sol players are evil.

But I don't actually have any interest in playing Sparkly Reinhardt over there, I just appreciate how big they're going. The Vanguard spear-bro looks more up my alley.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

ggs @Mattatsu

I forgot how many characters MK11 has that I like. Gonna have to break out the Kotal Khan or my own Mileena next time 👍🏽 

Yeah, I’ve really been meaning to test the waters outside of Kitana and Mileena. The character designs are so good in this game, it’s got me wanting to play characters I’ve never ever wanted to play, even Johnny Cage who has never interested me in any game.

also, I really like it on PC. That 60 FPS option for cinematics is awesome. I have no idea why they didn’t allow that on the next gen console versions

16 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, I’ve really been meaning to test the waters outside of Kitana and Mileena. The character designs are so good in this game, it’s got me wanting to play characters I’ve never ever wanted to play, even Johnny Cage who has never interested me in any game.

also, I really like it on PC. That 60 FPS option for cinematics is awesome. I have no idea why they didn’t allow that on the next gen console versions

I know what you mean. I was watching the new MK movie the other day and even though it was shit it made me want to try out other characters. Kano, Scopion, and Sub all had good showings. Honestly if scorpion had a cooler idle animation and walk I’d like him a lot more lol.

Game looks like it may be a three button fighter (ABC), or at the very least is two buttons (AB), plus three “skill” buttons: one looks like it’s for one direction + button moves, another looks like it’s another set of one direction + button moves (though it seems like you can do QCFs, QCBs, and SRKs for these ones as well), and the last is a single button press for some super or buff or something.

The game seems a little light on the motion inputs from what I see.

4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Not complaining but I feel like you could change this thread to Fighting Game General and nobody would notice lol.

Nah, you gotta honor the reasons why we're all here. This thread title is for the culture, unironically.

Also, somebody needs to get Daigo a girlfriend or some shit:

Man really did st.lk xx sonicboom, flash kick as a combo.

Dude is optimizing stuff that didn't need to be optimized.

Seems like DNF is going to have a somewhat regenerating health bar.

gotta say, the marketing on this game is odd as hell. The beta is out later today I think and we get all of this info the day of? It’s kinda like stumbling on a new game in an arcade and just trying to figure it out, which is kinda cool I guess, but so far from the norm these days.

whatever, I’ll play the beta this weekend and see how I feel. Unfortunately don’t have much time this weekend to do that though 

Edited by Mattatsu
20 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

the marketing on this game is odd as hell. The beta is out later today I think and we get all of this info the day of? It’s kinda like stumbling on a new game in an arcade and just trying to figure it out

Honestly that's my favorite part of the marketing so far. We got a whole lot of nothing then just random character trailers, then a random ass beta.

We don't even know what the buttons are or anything. It's either going to be freaking hype or freaking trash. 

Battle is about to explode!

2 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yep.

I currently have no consoles.

Shit, If I would known things would play out this way, I would have gotten the PC version. I think I have played that game an hour total. I figured since PS5 and PS4 have crossplay with one another it would be the safer bet. But like when I decide which lane to get into during a traffic jam, I always choose the wrong one. I think I really am Peter from Office Space.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Shit, If I would known things would play out this way, I would have gotten the PC version. I think I have played that game an hour total. I figured since PS5 and PS4 have crossplay with one another it would be the safer bet. But like when I decide which lane to get into during a traffic jam, I always choose the wrong one. I think I really am Peter from Office Space.

I'll play you PS5 Strive, just picked it up last week. I'm bad yet enthusiastic.

52 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Fu--dge.  After Vhozite jabbed me out of my everything I was wanting to play another oldie without those kinds of reactions. 😭

Forget Happy Chaos, I want Happy Crossplay.

You’re probably way better than me at Strive at this point. I have like 70 hours total maybe, and only just now found a character I want to main (until Baiken). I think I’m on like floor 8, but I also don’t play ranked and have no intention ever doing so. I’m still down to play if you want to play games though feel free to shoot an invite if I’m online 

Also the office just sent to a bar for lunch and I don’t think I’m doing much more for the rest of the day 

Edit: I just checked I have 51 hours lol

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honest question, why didn't you just get it on both?

A lot of people here play on both sides and even if it is to expensive, you can always wishlist on steam and buy when the games get cheaper.

+ on some special occasions I will actually buy multiple keys. I gave 10 people in my FFXIV FC keys for BBCF the other week.

54 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Honest question, why didn't you just get it on both?

A lot of people here play on both sides and even if it is to expensive, you can always wishlist on steam and buy when the games get cheaper.

+ on some special occasions I will actually buy multiple keys. I gave 10 people in my FFXIV FC keys for BBCF the other week.

Didn't want to buy the same game twice when I wasn't sure I was going to play it. Thus far, that was the write decision. Plus I was hoping they implemented cross play by now.

Edit: @SoneroMaybe you should have said something when I was asking who would get what version BEFORE I bought the game. 🙄

Edit 2: @VoltYou know I'm Eminem levels of petty and would buy the game to play you and not play Pertho on principle right. 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem