Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

17 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Nah, disagree.  You can juggle peeps almost endlessly by jabbing their ankles. Those physics with those graphics have always made Tekken looking like it has an identity crisis since 1 released in arcades.  Then when you add farting bears and wooden puppets, well, wrap it up it's a cartoon.

Oh, right. I was talking more as a general model and animation thing.

When the real Tekken stuff starts happening, well, there's a reason KBD looks goofy as all hell.

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Does the Strive Battle Record not show your overall win/loss ratio? It sounds like it should but I don’t see it anywhere.

Also what’s the taunt command? Some guy was just doing it to me to be friendly (we were messing around) and I couldn’t figure it out

No. Just number of wins which is useless.

Taunt isn't mapped by default.

17 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

GGs your jabs are as on point for retaining match control as ever. 

also Nago is bullshit why fullscreen clone

I assume it’s so characters can’t do whatever they want at full screen. Like Faust and Ky would throw their shit with impunity if clone wasn’t full screen to at least keep them honest. 

It’s definitely a bullshit move, but that’s what I’m assuming the rationale is.

Edit: I’d trade full screen clone for a super jump without 100 startup frames

Edited by Vhozite
25 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Sure. 

New room ID is inh25g

i need a drink 

brb

EDIT the amount of hilarious bullshit in that set. Did you see me tryingto aircombo you with my back turned?  Or the corner combo into RtL that somehow COMPLETELY MISSES a falling Faust, who has the largest hurtbox in the whole game? The trumpet on the floor cleverly hiding a banana peel behind it?  so much lol 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I assume it’s so characters can’t do whatever they want at full screen. Like Faust and Ky would throw their shit with impunity if clone wasn’t full screen to at least keep them honest. 

It’s definitely a bullshit move, but that’s what I’m assuming the rationale is.

Edit: I’d trade full screen clone for a super jump without 100 startup frames

I can understand that. But with it being  full screen and still destroying projectIles, it's becomes super busted. Taking away either property would make it less bullshit. I would favor the full screen being gone over the eating projectiles.

1 minute ago, Pair of Rooks said:

GGs. 

What was it about game 9 that you suddenly rememberd Goldie has a reversal super? 😂 It was really the deciding difference there. So many rounds stolen from me.  

Thanks for the set dude. It was a ton of fun. It was my first time playing Goldlewis. I remember the super, I was just pressing the wrong button the entire time.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I can understand that. But with it being  full screen and still destroying projectIles, it's becomes super busted. Taking away either property would make it less bullshit. I would favor the full screen being gone over the eating projectiles.

What I’m afraid is going to happen is they are going to keep clone full screen but nerf him in another area where he actually needs to be good and it will ruin the character. 

7 hours ago, Volt said:

This man deadass said Doujin like bitches are out there doing ahegao faces mid combo.

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Pardon, wrong word. The word I meant to use was KUSOGE. Or poverty, whichever you prefer. This game looks like trash in terms of its gameplay, like Power Rangers or some mid 90s SNK crap that had infinites and dumb busted shit out the wazoo. Hopefully they fix stuff because in it's current state, this game looks like junk nobody will be playing a year from now. 

Actually, @DoctaMarioyou didn't you the word wrong. The meaning of doujin is a fan made work. That can definitely apply to a video game. Touhou is an entire franchise made up of fan games. 

48 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

Anything more than that? I honestly had trouble figuring out how the game worked (outside of the obvious), from the tiny trailers they posted.

the control scheme seemed hella wierd.

I ended up playing the KOF beta most of the weekend since DNF didn't have training mode.

From what I did play the game seemed to be like a 1 v 1 Marvel but with easier execution.    There's simple and motion inputs but the motion inputs don't seem to be that necessary.  Not really a fan of this but it's not a deal breaker for me.  The game seems to be all about managing your crazy plus on block special moves and locking your opponent down.  Each character has some broken stuff at the moment - not sure if the game will actually end up this way on release.  

2 hours ago, sKreetFighteZ said:

Is this another gaming forum. Because I have a question. Does anyone have any scans from the street fighter champion edition style guide? Of so can yell send them to me please.

You'll probably have more luck in this thread: 

They seem to rock heavy with the memorabilia stuff. Not my cup of tea tbh, but if I hear someone talking about those scans, I'll let you know. 👍

Hi guys

What if future SF starts reducing buttons making it LP, LK and HP then HK?

Something like Tekken and KOF button layouts.

Is that something that improve accesibility to casuals or doesn't make a big impact to them?

Is that something that makes SF lose another fundamentals and essential in gameplay?

Base on your own opinion no right or wrong.

Edited by Shakunetsu
25 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys

Is that something that improve accesibility to casuals or doesn't make a big impact to them?

Is that something that makes SF lose another fundamentals and essential in gameplay?

Personally, I would hate to see SF lose the medium button. That’s a big button to lose in neutral and in some punishes. I’m sure you could keep the attacks as unique normals (direction applied to the lights and heavies), but I don’t think that would make it more accessible.

Edited by Mattatsu
21 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys

Weird question, I don't see why that aspect of the franchise would change. Street Fighter's problem since V hasn't been claims of being inaccessible, it's being a flawed package.  Online that just isn't up to par, inconsistent model quality, things like that are what drive people away from SF now. V already eliminated the biggest barrier SF was associated with by adding large buffers for inputs/making links fairly trivial

If Capcom has any sense they'll focus on what the franchise's most cited weaknesses are and work on strong netcode and high quality aesthetics. Their main competitor, Arcsys, only focuses on accessibility so much because they had a legacy of making hard to play games that they're trying to shake imo

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys

FGs problems is not that they are inaccesable, their problem is that there is literally nothing that explains you how the games work.
You get tutorials on mechanics and Combos, but no one ever tells you how to play the game.
ASW Mission Modes come close to this, but it's still mostly wall of text with "Do that 5x correct!"

Reducing complexety and removing things doesn't make the games more accesable, because the core problem remains.

Lower execution requirements is always good tho <.<

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys

Midrange is already borked as is, removing mediums wouldn't help casuals and would make the game asstastic.

SF just isn't getting done right tbh. Sha already mentioned a lot of things about the overall package, but they're also trying to get SF pacing with flashy comeback mechanics and a lot of "fuck your neutral, I wanna get IN" moves for the sake of being more interesting for stream monsters.

Meanwhile, ArcSys looked at GG, did the exact opposite, and wound up with a much more interesting game to watch.

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys

I stop playing Street Fighter. If I want a four button fighter I'll play KOF. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys

It's the motion and charge inputs they dislike, not the number of buttons.