Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You left out a digit. I'm sure you meant SFIV. 

V-Triggers were (very poorly) based on BB's Overdrive system. I said what I said. 🤣

As for the netcode... just played @Mr.CipherConnection as smooth as my brain despite being like, 230ms. That netcode is great.

Anyone wanna run some quick matches before I hop back into Xenoverse?

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

V-Triggers were (very poorly) based on BB's Overdrive system. I said what I said. 🤣

As for the netcode... just played @Mr.CipherConnection as smooth as my brain despite being like, 230ms. That netcode is great.

Anyone wanna run some quick matches before I hop back into Xenoverse?

I really like SF3. I like SFV. SFIV can eat a cockmeat sandwich. 

7 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm with Highlandfireball on this one.  I like some SF's better than others and each iteration has flaws.   No game is perfect but at the end of the day I love each SF.

Outside of some characters being added as playable, I just don't like SFIV. I can't think of another mainline game in the series that I just flat out don't like. 

31 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Announce the game, go radio silent for a year and then drop 10+ character trailers and announce a beta in the span of one month.  Still know absolutely nothing about the game.  They don't give a fuck.  I like their style. 

I'm pretty sure they're mostly targeting the DNF players anyway, and those people will buy it for sure.

Game is like 20 years old by this point.  Anyone still playing it in 2021 is gonna buy anything with the DNF name on it, no questions asked.  It's like how GBVS attracted Granblue mobile players, except way more powerful because DNF players are crazy old people/confused zoomers who don't know what year it is.

7 hours ago, misterBee said:

I'm pretty sure they're mostly targeting the DNF players anyway, and those people will buy it for sure.

Game is like 20 years old by this point.  Anyone still playing it in 2021 is gonna buy anything with the DNF name on it, no questions asked.  It's like how GBVS attracted Granblue mobile players, except way more powerful because DNF players are crazy old people/confused zoomers who don't know what year it is.

So basically, should we expect Granblue but good?

14 hours ago, misterBee said:

It's like how GBVS attracted Granblue mobile players, except way more powerful because DNF players are crazy old people/confused zoomers who don't know what year it is.

Granblue players bought Versus primarily because of the bonuses for the gacha that came with every copy, many of which included endgame items that one would otherwise have to grind for extremely long or wait for months on end to obtain. That's not to say that most of the GBVS sales from people that don't give a shit about fighting games period, but that's just some foor for thought. And now theyr'e doing it again with the Legendary Edition (plus the new skins that come with the Avatar Belial, gotta get that djeeta booba)

5 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Yes they are! For example:
Tsukihime is an acceptable alternative to getting bitches.

While I'm throwing out triggering takes. The original FFVII is an average RPG that isn't ground breaking in anyway and is vastly overrated. Not only was it not the best RPG off all time. It wasn't the best in franchise. Not best on PS1. Not the best on PS1 released that year. Not the best FF game released on PS1 that year. 

• It wasn't the first RPG to kill a major party member. Phantasy Star had already done that twice. PSII and PSIV
  • The CGI background with 3D model graphical style was done better by RE1 and it released earlier.
  • Final Fantasy Tactics dropped the same year. 
  • Despite being on three CDs it had MIDI audio 
  • It lacked voice acting despite other CD based RPGs, like Lunar, on older consoles having it. Hell Lunar 1 had a fully vocalized theme song opening.

LFTOMV.gif

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Yes they are! For example:
Tsukihime is an acceptable alternative to getting bitches.

I don't think there's a single person on here who thinks Tsukihime is good.

7 hours ago, Volt said:

So basically, should we expect Granblue but good?

I don't know what you mean.  Granblue is borderline SF with a BS anime story.  It's basically made for you.  👀

15 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You're an Alex playing  09er, you love the attention.

SF4 squiggas run you squiggas, ask Bchan Simmons.

Get it right. I'm 91er bitch. I've been playing Street Fighter since SF2 hit Mindboggle Arcade in Southpark Mall, in Colonial Heights,VA when I was in 6th grade. I saved my 5 dollar a week allowance plus lunch money to buy Naki SNES/Genesis arcade stick because I wanted to be able to "practice" like the arcades. 

Edit: My first arcade stick.

snes_naki_proplayer_stick.jpg

Side note: Motherfucking Electronics Boutique was gouging when SF2 dropped for SNES they were charging $77.99. I had to get my granma to buy it because, as much as my mom spoiled me and brother, she was like nope. SF2 and PS4 (Phantasy Star IV) were the only games my mom straight up balked at the price. PS4 was like $90 no bullshit.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I heard someone was bashing FFVII and I came as fast as I could.

Cloud was a terrible Protagonist, despite all the hate he got, Squall was miles better.

Sephiroth was a shallow and one dimensional villian that SE tried to desperately make deep and complexe with 20 spin offs and  10 other things, yet he is still inferior to someone like Exdeath, who is just a moustache twirrling villian, but one done really well.

The only reason many people hold FFVII in such high regards is because it was their introduction to the series.

Ironically same people also love FFX, while superior as a product, it has Tidus and is therefore a war crime.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I heard someone was bashing FFVII and I came as fast as I could.

Cloud was a terrible Protagonist, despite all the hate he got, Squall was miles better.

Sephiroth was a shallow and one dimensional villian that SE tried to desperately make deep and complexe with 20 spin offs and  10 other things, yet he is still inferior to someone like Exdeath, who is just a moustache twirrling villian, but one done really well.

The only reason many people hold FFVII in such high regards is because it was their introduction to the series.

Ironically same people also love FFX, while superior as a product, it has Tidus and is therefore a war crime.

First of all shut the fuck up, I'm still dodging spoilers. 

2nd of all... Remake coming to PC.

They changed a lot for the Remake.

Still, they made the remake specificaly to profit of people who yell about FFVII all the time.
This is also why they chop the game into multiple pieces and have you pay full price for all of them.

The current Remake is just the first act of the game and was in the original like 1/8 of the full thing.

14 minutes ago, Volt said:

First of all shut the fuck up, I'm still dodging spoilers. 

2nd of all... Remake coming to PC.

My dude Final Fantasy VII came out in 1997. People born after it dropped are 24. I'm all for spoiler tags but not after two dozen years. FFVII:Remake, despite what SE claims, isn't really retelling the same story. They changed a lot in the Remake. Probably why I like it and hate the original.

@Mr.CipherWhen it comes to FFVII, we are in full agreement. Sephiroth  was literally the same as the original Broly. He was strong, looked cool, and had the depth of a thimble. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I heard someone was bashing FFVII and I came as fast as I could

Lol

I'm also not fond of FF7. 2 and 3 were great but I haven't liked a FF since. FFX was the only one I've significantly played and it was meh. Squall seemed ok but... meh. 

Legend of Dragoon though, man I liked its battle system. It's also the only action figure I ever bought as an adult.  I think I still have it somewhere. Will probably give it to my daughter soon.

2 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Ive never played a FF game.

I haven’t played an FF game until last year when I played the FF7R. I was obsessed for a week but can’t see me playing it, or possibly another FF game again.

btw, I’ll be playing MK11 tonight a little bit after 8 ET if you’re around. Otherwise, I’ll be around this weekend in the evenings as well.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

While I'm throwing out triggering takes. The original FFVII is an average RPG that isn't ground breaking in anyway and is vastly overrated. Not only was it not the best RPG off all time. It wasn't the best in franchise. Not best on PS1. Not the best on PS1 released that year. Not the best FF game released on PS1 that year. 

• It wasn't the first RPG to kill a major party member. Phantasy Star had already done that twice. PSII and PSIV
  • The CGI background with 3D model graphical style was done better by RE1 and it released earlier.
  • Final Fantasy Tactics dropped the same year. 
  • Despite being on three CDs it had MIDI audio 
  • It lacked voice acting despite other CD based RPGs, like Lunar, on older consoles having it. Hell Lunar 1 had a fully vocalized theme song opening.

LFTOMV.gif

Excellent post! However, due to the lack of "no cap," "frfr," "on god," and, "ayooooooo????" I cannot understand what you posted.

Also, having played the original FF7, I will say that out of all of these takes, the one I have the least qualms with is the last one. I don't need excellent voice acting (or any, really) to enjoy a game. I had a TV in my parents' room as my only way to play games for over a decade and they never allowed me to have audio on, so while I am grateful and extremely appreciative of video game sound design, I can definitely still play them on mute.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Get it right. I'm 91er bitch. I've been playing Street Fighter since SF2 hit Mindboggle Arcade in Southpark Mall, in Colonial Heights,VA when I was in 6th grade. I saved my 5 dollar a week allowance plus lunch money to buy Naki SNES/Genesis arcade stick because I wanted to be able to "practice" like the arcades. 

Kolin got you hot 'cause you kept your fingertips in her boots
What you think, you getting dubs now 'cause of your moves?
Smasher please
You no footsies having with DPs like a bronze
Compared to Volt you wack

20 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

btw, I’ll be playing MK11 tonight a little bit after 8 ET if you’re around. Otherwise, I’ll be around this weekend in the evenings as well.

We will see I have to help my mom fix her printer and my coworkers may want to play Halo. If i get free I’ll get in tonight or tomorrow to play 👍🏽

lowkey the fact that 7 got a remake before 9 or 6 only speaks that people care exclusively about the popularity aspect of specific FF games and not their intricate details such as: gameplay, characters, story, lore, world, and more

don't get me wrong it's REALLY fucking awesome to see 7 remade and Square bringing all those characters somewhat faithfully into a modern era of graphics but... yeah this saga is gonna take like a decade considering where Part 1 left off and unless the team considerably nerfs or outright skips certain content from the original, they got a LOT of shit to remake for Parts 2 and 3 (inb4 each of them also have their own intergrade releases like Part 1)

52 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Kolin got you hot 'cause you kept your fingertips in her boots
What you think, you getting dubs now 'cause of your moves?
Smasher please
You no footsies having with DPs like a bronze
Compared to Volt you wack

Not trying drag you Volt but he brought you up fam. Volt has beat me exactly one time when I picked a rando character. He's never beaten me with my main, secondary,  tertiary, quaternary, quinary, nor senary character I'm silver scrub. Never said any different no need to exaggerate. I've beaten you more than once in more than one SF game. Way more than Volt has ever beaten me. I maybe a silver scrub but those are the facts.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not trying drag you Volt but he brought you up fam. Volt has beat me exactly one time when I picked a rando character. He's never beaten me with my main, secondary,  tertiary, quaternary, quinary, nor senary character I'm silver scrub. Never said any different no need to exaggerate. I've beaten you more than once in more than one SF game. Way more than Volt has ever beaten me. I maybe a silver scrub but those are the facts.

What's up Silver, hey yo, I know you ain't talking 'bout me dog
You, what?

dahell_shades.png

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Don't let it get to you Darc.  In our 3s tourney my win vs Volt was a heck of a lot closer than my win against Sonero.

Just saiyan. 😉