Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Cross Hype Battle has rollback?

🤯

It will in 2022 (not sure when).

Anyone know which is more populated between PS4 and PC?

CF’s rollback is being implemented tomorrow.

also, I think as of Tuesday, both games are going on a decent sale on Steam

5 minutes ago, misterBee said:

For CF you should def play on PC.  It's a PC/Discord game for sure.

sorry I wasn’t clear, but I was curious about Crosstag specifically.

I have CF on Steam already and agree that it’s the better version  (PS4 doesn’t even have all of the DLC lol). I’m going to get into it more in the next few weeks, but this news will get be to pull the trigger on Tag, just not sure which one I should get.

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

sorry I wasn’t clear, but I was curious about Crosstag specifically.

I have CF on Steam already and agree that it’s the better version  (PS4 doesn’t even have all of the DLC lol). I’m going to get into it more in the next few weeks, but this news will get be to pull the trigger on Tag, just not sure which one I should get.

Up until now BBTag was a poverty game, so I'd imagine most people are on PC.

Then again, the PC port came much later, so who knows... 🤷‍♂️

Probably best to find the BBTag Discord and ask people in there.

I haven’t played Strive since about 2-3 weeks after launch, when I got bored of Millia and haven’t been motivated to play since.

I will boot it up to try Baiken though, but I’m sure I’ll likely her play her for one evening, like her, proclaim her to be my main, and never play Strive again 🤣 I’ll become one of those people.

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I already own Central Fiction but I won’t pretend that will make me play it lol

Lol, I hear you. I do want to play it more, as I liked if, but I hate my current laptop so much that I can’t seem to be motivated enough to boot it up to play it.

with my new one coming in, I was hopeful to play it more even before the news, but there are so many other games I am really excited to play that I’m starting to be realistic that it won’t make the cut as something I’ll play a lot of.

tbh, Cross Tag will probably have a similar fate.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

@Mr.Cipheris oddly quiet considering the news. 👀

I was sleeping, at work, am now home and will have to delay playing CF, because Endwalker is taking priority right now.

While I am definitly extremly happy, I am a bit disappointed by the timing, because before next year I will not have time to play CF. Not long anyway.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I didn't even know that Punk played Marvel

Apparently neither did Punk. He seemed genuinely surprised he did so well. 

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Y'all think that after all the ArcSys announcements Capcom will put rollback in SF5?

It'd be nice to be able to play that online with people

The trick to that is, 

Go to Options.  Find wireless settings for controllers, and enable it for NFC or Bluetooth or whatever it's called.

Then go to the local vs mode, the offline mode. Get to the characters select screen, and wait a bit for the Fightcade port in six year's time.

You're welcome.

I was hoping a Persona 5 Arena was one of their announcements last night, myself. The Strive top 8 was pretty enjoyable, even for someone like me who doesn't know much about the game. I want to get into it, but I still don't feel like any of the cast really match my style. I like spacing/zoning characters with safe pressure, but everyone seems so aggro and setplay focused in that game. Except for Axl, but I've always preferred fireballs over big buttons/weak up close characters.

7 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I want to get into it, but I still don't feel like any of the cast really match my style. I like spacing/zoning characters with safe pressure, but everyone seems so aggro and setplay focused in that game. Except for Axl, but I've always preferred fireballs over big buttons/weak up close characters.

If you don’t mind vanilla sex and unseasoned chicken for the rest of your life, Ky might be up your alley if you ever buy Strive. 

Ram has pretty good midrange too, but no fireball in the traditional sense.

15 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I want to get into it, but I still don't feel like any of the cast really match my style. I like spacing/zoning characters with safe pressure, but everyone seems so aggro and setplay focused in that game.

Stop asking games to do the SF4 thing and give 30 flavors of the same play style so you can find the one snowflake way you wanna go about playing a game.

Go out there blind, try the cast and learn se new stuff to do. You might end up finding new styles of gameplay you like.

Yeah Ky looks a little too Anime Protagonist for me. Happy Chaos piqued my interest at first, because gun, but then I watched the previews and they were like "use gun to get close and mixup/setplay" so meh...

I don't know anything about Ram except for the thirsty thigh memes. Maybe I'll check out some footage.

4 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I don't know anything about Ram except for the thirsty thigh memes.

It seems like you are aware of what matters 😉

Edit: Hey Yiceman, if you want to mess around with Strive. Hit me up. I never clicked with the game either. So I wouldn't have any sort of head start over you.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Happy Chaos piqued my interest at first, because gun, but then I watched the previews and they were like "use gun to get close and mixup/setplay" so meh...

The thing about Happy Chaos is that he can turn games around on a dime. Any time he makes you block a normal, you're eating a mix up. He can also make himself very hard to hit between clones, steady aim and his curse moving him backwards. 

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Stop asking games to do the SF4 thing and give 30 flavors of the same play style so you can find the one snowflake way you wanna go about playing a game.

Go out there blind, try the cast and learn se new stuff to do. You might end up finding new styles of gameplay you like.

Trying out new things is easy. I'm just not about to drop 60 bucks on it unless I think I'd have fun. Wanna buy me a copy? I'll try the shit out of the whole roster.

2 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Yeah Ky looks a little too Anime Protagonist for me. Happy Chaos piqued my interest at first, because gun, but then I watched the previews and they were like "use gun to get close and mixup/setplay" so meh...

I don't know anything about Ram except for the thirsty thigh memes. Maybe I'll check out some footage.

Happy Chaos can be real slippery. He isn’t Deadshot, but he can definitely stuff approaches and control space with his gun and clone. He can also be aggressive with those same tools. 

Ram can good midrange buttons with healthy disjoints. It can be hard to get a knockdown depending on the starter but she has her conversions. If she can push the opponent to the corner her pressure is quite safe lol. she can technically shoot her swords as projectiles but you don’t do it to zone, and she loses sword normals doing it.

4 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Trying out new things is easy. I'm just not about to drop 60 bucks on it unless I think I'd have fun. Wanna buy me a copy? I'll try the shit out of the whole roster.

Don't have the money at the moment. Otherwise I'd buy it for you out of pettiness.

Honestly you'd probably end up liking I-No. But if you go into the game hoping for Rose or bust, not much is gonna happen for you, fam.

24 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's exactly what I did and I still didn't like the game, even though I did like Axl and Nago from an aesthetic point of view.

There is much more variety in playing styles in SFIV than there is in Strive. Strive may have very distinct characters, but unless you play them hyper aggro, you're not getting anywhere. Compare that to how differently you have to play, for example, Yun and Dhalsim in SFIV. 

9 minutes ago, Volta said:

That's exactly what I did and I still didn't like the game, even though I did like Axl and Nago from an aesthetic point of view.

There is much more variety in playing styles in SFIV than there is in Strive. Strive may have very distinct characters, but unless you play them hyper aggro, you're not getting anywhere. Compare that to how differently you have to play, for example, Yun and Dhalsim in SFIV. 

I agree with your overall point, but this isn’t exactly a fair comparison. Strive has been out like half a year while SF4 is a finished product with 7(?) years under its belt and like 40 characters.

Edited by Vhozite
12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Don't have the money at the moment. Otherwise I'd buy it for you out of pettiness.

Honestly you'd probably end up liking I-No. But if you go into the game hoping for Rose or bust, not much is gonna happen for you, fam.

I don't need a Rose clone, I just know what I usually have the most fun with. I tried every single character in UMVC3 but always gravitated back to Taskmaster, because I had the most fun with him.

But say I liked sniping in shooters, and you wanted me to play a FPS where everyone just had shotguns and rocket launchers, I might be a little skeptical, y'know? I'd try it out, just not for $60 bucks.

The amount I'm willing to pay for a game like this depends on the amount of fun I reasonably think I would have with it.

2 minutes ago, Volta said:

Strive may have very distinct characters, but unless you play them hyper aggro, you're not getting anywhere.

That's a great way to die. Playing hyper aggro is easily the biggest mistake people make in neutral with a bunch of characters.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

That's a great way to die. Playing hyper aggro is easily the biggest mistake people make in neutral with a bunch of characters.

Strive is an honest footsie game now? I guess somebody forgot to tell Chipp and Giovanna players.

Maybe at the highest levels you have to be a little bit more deliberate, but anything below that you better not even think about doing anything but gorilla'ing your way in. I'm curious though, if you think that not even Strive is a hyper aggro fighting game, which game would fit that definition according to you?

8 minutes ago, Volta said:

I guess somebody forgot to tell Chipp and Giovanna players.

You think Gio players win without footsies? Yeah she can add extra distance to her normals with her dash but if you don't do it right you just deliver counterhits to people.

Hell they made her dash game better but by doing so made her way harder to play since you have to cancel your dashes correctly now. This means that you can fail whiff punishes you need against a chunk of characters to really be threatening in the neutral.

Chipp is a bitch squigga though.

Edit: Seriously she can't really do much in the air and I've been 6Ped out of my 2S.  Odds are 98% and higher that the really cheap stuff she has to force her way in is not really happening at lower levels.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I agree with your overall point, but this isn’t exactly a fair comparison. Strive has been out like half a year while SF4 is a finished product with 7(?) years under its belt and like 40 characters.

True, but I don't see any character(s) really changing up the meta in Strive. If you look at Axl in a vacuum, he has some insane zoning tools: unblockable full screen command grab, insanely fast fireball with follow ups and Dhalsim-like normals. Yet even he is forced to play the Strive way. SFIV, for all its flaws, was a lot less restrictive and did allow you to play a  multitude of ways, sometimes even with the same character. Compare for instance Daigo's Ryu and Poongko's Ryu; even if you didn't know who was behind the buttons, you could easily distinguish them by the way they played.

6 hours ago, Yiceman said:

It seems a bit more difficult than using Chaos’s gun to mix it up, but some players play a really annoying zoning game with him. Gobou is one of the best at this, barely going in.