Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah. TLDR Fuck guest characters. Could my favorite Italian restaurant offer Chinese Food? Sure but if I wanted Chinese Food, I go to a Chinese restaurant. People act like crossover fighters aren't a thing. Who looks at KOF and says "You know that SNK fighting game that doesn't have enough slots for SNK characters? How about we waste slots on non SNK characters?" Dafuq outta here with that nonsense.

I feel like content creators are pro guest characters just because it creates more buzz and helps with views/clicks.  They don't make the actual game better in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah. TLDR Fuck guest characters. Could my favorite Italian restaurant offer Chinese Food? Sure but if I wanted Chinese Food, I go to a Chinese restaurant. People act like crossover fighters aren't a thing. Who looks at KOF and says "You know that SNK fighting game that doesn't have enough slots for SNK characters? How about we waste slots on non SNK characters?" Dafuq outta here with that nonsense.

I don't know, man. Guest characters are pretty hype. I know what you're saying and in an ideal world, guests wouldn't take up first party character slots, but I can't in good conscience say that I don't enjoy their inclusion.

22 hours ago, elliephil said:

That's not how it works, you can vary your timing by linking instead of gatling normals together to make it more difficult to be broken. There is plenty of depth behind the system and exposing a player who will just mash combo breaker is not really that difficult to do.

None of that even takes counter breaker into account. Landing a counter breaker feels so fucking good 

On 12/2/2021 at 3:22 PM, Shakunetsu said:

Max is really someone that advocates guest characters, not a fan.

Uh... I have to be completely honest with you. There is a short-story to tell: 

Disclaimer, there is a wall of text in the spoiler. 

Spoiler

Max Dood... 

Isn't a KOF player. He only knows KOF because of CVS2 and he has a distinctive boner for Rock Howard specifically. 

The problem with Max Dood is that he has a bad habit of putting really bad takes or really surface-level/misguided commentary on his material, specifically when it concerns fighting games outside of Capcom. Obviously, the man *is* a Capcom shill. 

Not that anything is particularly wrong with that in of itself. Folks can like what they like. They can dislike what they dislike. 

It's the misinformation he puts out that irks the hell out of me. 

Let me get into the specifics. 

He tries to play DOA because Mai Shiranui is in it. Cool. 

So starts a stream for DOA5LR. 

Coincidently, my DOA peeps from FSD, like DestructionBomb, Emery, FoN, KasumiLover, and a few other folks who go to events and the rest of homies show up to the stream. 

Clearly, he is having a hard time. Either attempting to play it as if it were Tekken. Or, just making blatantly stupid mistakes otherwise. 

There is a tutorial mode available. He passes it over, despite outright telling the chat that he does not know what he is doing. 

Myself and almost everyone from FSD was literally screaming at him that we were there to teach him and play him online in a lobby. 

Even his own base was telling him that there was "Tutorial" mode. Instead, he just keeps talking shit like an idiot. 

In addition. In regards to KOF, he has been known for making really suspect comments about KOF. 

Recently, he *just* discovered* that Chris' walking animation pays homage to the Moonwalk. Even people that *don't* play KOF at least know about Chris. 

He was an infamous character from the franchise who turns out to be a catalyst for the final boss of KOF97, Orochi. Not only that, but Chris *often* ends up being top tier in a lot of the KOF games he shows up in, 98 being the more notorious example. Not just for his tools, but also his secondary form, and the general properties of his own normals (like his jCD). 

Most people (specifically in the FGC) are *somewhat* aware of this, even if they don't necessarily play KOF, or at least heard of it if they've been around the FG block for more than 20 years. Yet, somehow Max was unaware of Chris, even on a basic level. 

His KOF game play is marginally above average. Very marginally. And yet he still makes a lot of suspect (and potentially hypocritical, if his "insights" towards Shermie or Angel are to be taken seriously) comments that give his base the wrong kind of impression towards the franchise. Then, of course, the occasional misguidance on KOFXIV and his constant comparison to KOFXIII, which is the game he (apparently) started on before. Folks asking some Capcom shill such as Max for advice on KOF, is like trying to ask Rip from the Tekken community on how Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, or DOA is supposed to play at a higher level. 

You... don't... *do* that. Anyone with comments knows that this is not going to work. 

If I seek advice on Street Fighter V? There is no way in hell I ask someone like Rip for that sort of thing. Because he doesn't *really* play SF. I would ask experts or people highly familiar with SFV. Like @Darc_Requiem, @Skortor pretty much anyone else on this forum. Because they understand the intricacies and nuances of SFV. So listening to them is always a better idea. 

This may sound a bit long-winded and just me shit-talking but it is just a number of things I notice. 
Max... frankly needs to simply stay in his lane. This is not me necessarily trying to gatekeep people from KOF (because that would be detrimental from a certain perspective). But, Max isn't necessarily helping anyone with his constant meandering about and blathering on the subject of KOF, especially when it is made very clear he has no clue what he is actually talking about. 

I don't have anything against Max personally but at the same time, I don't have the patience for the nonsense he is prone to. 

Edited by GreatDarkHero
Disclaimer
8 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

DNF DUEL – Striker trailer

"The human embodiment of punches and kicks."

The gleam effect every special is obnoxious af.

It's weird, I like the designs, the game looks good, but it just... doesn't have that thing, y'know?

No, I'm not talking about rollback. 🤣

You know, for all my complaints about SFV I do really like Nash as character. He looks cool, and at this point in the game he checks basically every box I want gameplay wise. Definitely usurped Vega as my favorite FG character.

I sincerely doubt he will be in SF6, so I may actually have to hop back on 5 occasionally and play him. Might even play today. 

Edited by Vhozite
2 hours ago, Volt said:

The gleam effect every special is obnoxious af.

It's weird, I like the designs, the game looks good, but it just... doesn't have that thing, y'know?

No, I'm not talking about rollback. 🤣

I'm more worried that you didn't mentione the nice assshot her Intro has.

So far the most interesting character for me, however I NEED MORE INFO ON HOW THIS WHOLE THING PLAYS!!!

10 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Uh... I have to be completely honest with you. There is a short-story to tell: 

Disclaimer, there is a wall of text in the spoiler. 

Reveal hidden contents

Max Dood... 

Isn't a KOF player. He only knows KOF because of CVS2 and he has a distinctive boner for Rock Howard specifically. 

The problem with Max Dood is that he has a bad habit of putting really bad takes or really surface-level/misguided commentary on his material, specifically when it concerns fighting games outside of Capcom. Obviously, the man *is* a Capcom shill. 

Not that anything is particularly wrong with that in of itself. Folks can like what they like. They can dislike what they dislike. 

It's the misinformation he puts out that irks the hell out of me. 

Let me get into the specifics. 

He tries to play DOA because Mai Shiranui is in it. Cool. 

So starts a stream for DOA5LR. 

Coincidently, my DOA peeps from FSD, like DestructionBomb, Emery, FoN, KasumiLover, and a few other folks who go to events and the rest of homies show up to the stream. 

Clearly, he is having a hard time. Either attempting to play it as if it were Tekken. Or, just making blatantly stupid mistakes otherwise. 

There is a tutorial mode available. He passes it over, despite outright telling the chat that he does not know what he is doing. 

Myself and almost everyone from FSD was literally screaming at him that we were there to teach him and play him online in a lobby. 

Even his own base was telling him that there was "Tutorial" mode. Instead, he just keeps talking shit like an idiot. 

In addition. In regards to KOF, he has been known for making really suspect comments about KOF. 

Recently, he *just* discovered* that Chris' walking animation pays homage to the Moonwalk. Even people that *don't* play KOF at least know about Chris. 

He was an infamous character from the franchise who turns out to be a catalyst for the final boss of KOF97, Orochi. Not only that, but Chris *often* ends up being top tier in a lot of the KOF games he shows up in, 98 being the more notorious example. Not just for his tools, but also his secondary form, and the general properties of his own normals (like his jCD). 

Most people (specifically in the FGC) are *somewhat* aware of this, even if they don't necessarily play KOF, or at least heard of it if they've been around the FG block for more than 20 years. Yet, somehow Max was unaware of Chris, even on a basic level. 

His KOF game play is marginally above average. Very marginally. And yet he still makes a lot of suspect (and potentially hypocritical, if his "insights" towards Shermie or Angel are to be taken seriously) comments that give his base the wrong kind of impression towards the franchise. Then, of course, the occasional misguidance on KOFXIV and his constant comparison to KOFXIII, which is the game he (apparently) started on before. Folks asking some Capcom shill such as Max for advice on KOF, is like trying to ask Rip from the Tekken community on how Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, or DOA is supposed to play at a higher level. 

You... don't... *do* that. Anyone with comments knows that this is not going to work. 

If I seek advice on Street Fighter V? There is no way in hell I ask someone like Rip for that sort of thing. Because he doesn't *really* play SF. I would ask experts or people highly familiar with SFV. Like @Darc_Requiem, @Skortor pretty much anyone else on this forum. Because they understand the intricacies and nuances of SFV. So listening to them is always a better idea. 

This may sound a bit long-winded and just me shit-talking but it is just a number of things I notice. 
Max... frankly needs to simply stay in his lane. This is not me necessarily trying to gatekeep people from KOF (because that would be detrimental from a certain perspective). But, Max isn't necessarily helping anyone with his constant meandering about and blathering on the subject of KOF, especially when it is made very clear he has no clue what he is actually talking about. 

I don't have anything against Max personally but at the same time, I don't have the patience for the nonsense he is prone to. 

That's what happens when you're the main casual fighting game youtuber and you're expected to play literally anything of value that comes out in the genre and then give your opinions about it: you end up having to play with stuff you don't know and don't really care about, and you half-ass it horribly because you have no deep knowledge of the franchise or any intention of really playing it for long.

I think Max is actually in a no-win situation here: he either plays and makes commentary on a game he doesn't genuinely care about because that's basically his job, or he ignores some games and then I can see some other people complaining because he's not giving a spotlight to historic franchises like KoF or DoA.

3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

That's what happens when you're the main casual fighting game youtuber and you're expected to play literally anything of value that comes out in the genre and then give your opinions about it: you end up having to play with stuff you don't know and don't really care about, and you half-ass it horribly because you have no deep knowledge of the franchise or any intention of really playing it for long.

I think Max is actually in a no-win situation here: he either plays and makes commentary on a game he doesn't genuinely care about because that's basically his job, or he ignores some games and then I can see some other people complaining because he's not giving a spotlight to historic franchises like KoF or DoA.

Yeah, he's pretty much obligated to play anything FG related at this point.  I do wonder if he actually gives a fuck about some of the games he's covering.  Noticed he didn't do anything about Melty Blood Type Lumina but other than that he's basically played and made vids about every fighting game out there.  

45 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bison possessed Rose again

That would actually be dope for SF6.

Too bad we already got a genderbent villain in Seth. Well not too bad, the way he was done in 5 is cool. But it Bison swapping bodies is always teased as the thing he is trying to do but never actually does.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That would actually be dope for SF6.

Too bad we already got a genderbent villain in Seth. Well not too bad, the way he was done in 5 is cool. But it Bison swapping bodies is always teased as the thing he is trying to do but never actually does.

To be fair, he did swap bodies before. Iirc, he swapped them after Alpha and after 2. V is actually the one time he didn't. It's implied that is still his IV body.

As for Seth... He went from one of the least popular characters in the franchise to a fan-favorite.

All it took was this: 🤣

Seth_pls.png