Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

8 hours ago, Yiceman said:

. I want to get into it, but I still don't feel like any of the cast really match my style

If you wait though then you won't play later cause everyone else has a 3 year headstart on you. 

Play it for what it is, a good looking well made product with great netcode and OST.

And us.  :used-car salesman smile:

Edited by Pair of Rooks
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

@Mattatsuare you going to get MK11 on PC? I haven’t played in a while but I’d be down to run sets if you are interested. Same thing with Strive (can’t remember if you own that).

I’ve been thinking about getting MK11 for PC, but I’m not sure. I didn’t want to have to grind for skins/gear again, but thinking about it now, I’d only need stuff for Kitana, so it wouldn’t be hard to get something half-way decent. I also just realized I wouldn’t need the DLC, so I it wouldn’t cost as much… I should’ve grabbed it on Black Friday, but I didn’t think it through too much

we usually have Boxing Day sales in canada (it’s the day after Christmas), so I’ll see if it’s on sale then and grab it if it is.

also, it is heavily rumoured that MK12 will be announced at the game awards on Thursday. Hopefully that’s a spring launch again. I’d likely buy it on both.

I won’t buy Strive on PC though... I haven’t even booted it up since before Goldlewis came out lol

43 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Vhozite out here talking about playing MK11.

Where are all the peopless at to run the set?

Smells like cowards in here.

🧐

Personally, I have more fun in MK11 than I have in any other new game for a long time… It does have some mechanics that I think are wack, but there are things about it I really like, especially its neutral.

Hey guys I was excited to get BBCF on Steam since its on sale and I plan on resuming my position as the best Susan NA, but for some reason the game is 49 gigs to download. My PC harddrive is almost full and I literally only have 3 games installed on it. Is there any way to circumvent this download? 

I googled it and apparently CF is so big because of uncompressed audio or something, is there anyway to like, I dunno, opt out of downloading that part of the game?

16 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Hey guys I was excited to get BBCF on Steam since its on sale and I plan on resuming my position as the best Susan NA, but for some reason the game is 49 gigs to download. My PC harddrive is almost full and I literally only have 3 games installed on it. Is there any way to circumvent this download? 

I googled it and apparently CF is so big because of uncompressed audio or something, is there anyway to like, I dunno, opt out of downloading that part of the game?

Do you have a USB 3.0 on your PC? I have two extra thumb drives 256GB and 512GB that are fast enough to run games from. I could part with one of them if it would help you out. I run my PS4 games, on PS5, via 1TB USB 3.0 drive. They are pretty fast. Not NVME fast but close to SATA SSD fast. 

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Do you have a USB 3.0 on your PC? I have two extra thumb drives 256GB and 512GB that are fast enough to run games from. I could part with one of them if it would help you out. I run my PS4 games, on PS5, via 1TB USB 3.0 drive. They are pretty fast. Not NVME fast but close to SATA SSD fast.

Y'know I actually never considered downloading it onto a USB. I don't game on my PC much outside of League/Valorant/LoR so I didn't even know that was an option. I do think I have a usb drive somewhere, so that's all good though man, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

You have to download the whole thing and can delete the Arcade Mode files after, (and story mode) as they take up the largest part of the game.

Ohhhh I see. It's certain modes that take up all the space. That's an option too, thanks

3 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Y'know I actually never considered downloading it onto a USB. I don't game on my PC much outside of League/Valorant/LoR so I didn't even know that was an option. I do think I have a usb drive somewhere, so that's all good though man, thanks.

It has to be fast USB 3.0 or 3.1 drive. 2.0 drives are too slow as are cheap 3.0 drives.  Now that I think about it, I have 4 extra thumb drives. All are at least 3.0 but only two of them my PNY 512GB (400Mb/s) and USB 3.1 Samsung 256GB(400Mb/s) are fast enough to run games on. For reference a 5400rpm hard drive is around (100Mb/s) and that is more or less the speed of a SD Card in the Switch. My other two thumb drives are an old Sandisk 128GB and an offbrand 512GB. The off brand is supposed to be 400Mb/s but it's not. I tried using it on my PS5 and the loads times were absurdly slowly. I tested on my PC it was bouncing between 15Mb/s to maybe 60Mb/s. You have to be careful with thumb drives their listed speeds are ideal situations at best. Some companies will list the speeds for a certain file types that are fast but then other's are dirt slow. My off brand drive is like this. I moved a large movie file with it and it hit 195Mb/s. I copied a game to it, which was made up of several smaller files, and it gave me the speeds I listed previously.

TLDR: It has to be a fast USB 3.0 Drive. I've tested my drives and two of them fit the bill.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

TLDR: It has to be a fast USB 3.0 Drive. I've tested my drives and two of them fit the bill.

Oh jeez wow I am really out of my element here I guess lol.  I'm gonna PM you so I don't clog up the thread with my caveman questions lol

3 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Oh jeez wow I am really out of my element here I guess lol.  I'm gonna PM you so I don't clog up the thread with my caveman questions lol

Hey fam, they aren't cave man questions. I literally learned all of this via trial and error over the past year. I literally played Russian Roulette with thumb drives. I hit on two of my first 3 and gave one to my brother for his PS5. The 1TB I have for my PS5 is literally a larger capacity of the 512GB I gave my brother.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Downloaded the whole Luke thing the other day (took forever) and actually ran into one Luke player who was somewhat decent. He did rely on jumps and grabs a bit too much but that's often the case when figuring out a character. One thing I noticed though is that his fireball seems to be really, really good. If I don't have Soul Punish set up as Rose he straight up beats her in the fireball war. Other than that he seems straightforward but strong but still absolutely unlikeable as a character and visually unappealing, so I'm not too mad that I don't have enough FM to unlock him (but still mad I didn't get that friggin' colour, such a stupid system).

That said SFV has runs its course for me I think. I really enjoyed Rose for the last couple of months but despite V-Shift and balance changes and whatnot it's still the game I started playing in 2016. I'm a bit fed up with the prevalence of DLC in the genre and kind of losing interest as a result, so I might just take a break here and see where SFVI is going. And maybe give KOF a shot just for fun, though I doubt it'll be "my" kind of game.

My guess is he means the partial charge of his QCB Punch. If you don't charge at all you leave damage on the table, but if you charge all the way it's not a true combo from his normals anymore, so you have to find the sweetspot to get the extra benefits of the move (launcher or wallbounce) without the combo dropping. Think Abigail's VT1 combos or Hilde juggles in SC. One of his V-Skills also adds an extra charge level.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Luke's QCB charge combos are actually quite difficult - I was surprised by how strict the timing is.  I'm not sure even the pro's are using the fully optimized charge combos at the moment.  

Aesthetics  aside, although I do like his "NY Costume", Luke has been interesting to watch. I haven't played him much myself, but based on the reaction from those that have. He seems like really good edition. I've watched Jibbo/Automattock try out each new character and typically bleed points. Not with Luke though. I'll believe it when I see it, but Daigo says he's thinking about maining Luke for next years CPT. This last season gives me hope for SFVI. The new guys in charge have put out some interesting characters from a playstyle stand point. They don't seem near as restrictive as characters from the first couple seasons.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

BlazBlue Centralfiction's active users increase 3000% with rollback beta release, rivals Guilty Gear Strive and Street Fighter 5

Also set new peak player record for the whole series almost instantly

08_roll.webp

BlazBlue Centralfiction began its rollback netcode beta test earlier this week on Steam, which saw the active users jump nearly 3,000% from where they were prior and places the game currently right up there with the biggest titles in the genre.

By looking at Steam Charts' player tracking data from the past few days, BlazBlue has seen the highest numbers ever for not only Centralfiction but the entire series on Steam including Cross Tag Battle.

Just last month, BBCF averaged only 153 players online at a given time, but it's reached as high as 4,733 concurrent users.

That's an increase of 2,993%, and its numbers are consistently rivaling or beating other fighting games like Guilty Gear Strive and Street Fighter 5.

There were even too many players for the server to handle at the start that began causing the game to crash, but Arc System Works quickly put in a hotfix to quell the situation.

Centralfiction's 24-hour peak according to Steam Charts is 4,323 players while Street Fighter 5 reached 3,573 users and Guilty Gear Strive at 3,733.

The only fighter it can't seem to beat at the moment is Tekken 7, which retains its high PC user base with a 24-hour peak of 5,897.

Edited by AriesWarlock
49 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Capcoms Problemsolving.
2016: Fix the Servers! Fix the Netcode, this shit is unplayable!
Capcom: best we can do is give you a costume.

2021: Fix the god damn Netcode, it is still absolute garbage!
Capcom: best we can do is give you a costume.

From a general FGC person...it's rough. SNK started it with retrofitting old games and now ArcSys is really drawing that line in the sand for Japanese devs: either the online is worthwhile or your product doesn't matter.

Older ArcSys games that were designed with 0 intention of rollback now have a better netcode than Capcom flagship title. TBH somebody should be tweeting this to them on a daily basis. If anything to save SF6 from living in the same turbulent spot as SF5.

I fear they won't have learned their lesson.

They know that they can just rest on their legacy and tournaments and people will flock to them. There would need to be a massive stop of support for SF in general.

No support from player, no tournament presents and no content creation.

I think then they either get the wakeup call or they just burry the series somewhere in the desert and release every 5 years their anniversary editions.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

From a general FGC person...it's rough. SNK started it with retrofitting old games and now ArcSys is really drawing that line in the sand for Japanese devs: either the online is worthwhile or your product doesn't matter.

Older ArcSys games that were designed with 0 intention of rollback now have a better netcode than Capcom flagship title. TBH somebody should be tweeting this to them on a daily basis. If anything to save SF6 from living in the same turbulent spot as SF5.

Never played it but apparently netcode for MVCI was amazing.  I'm sure they'll just use that for SF6.  

On 12/9/2021 at 12:25 PM, Dayaan said:

Yeah that's me right now. Don't even play anymore but I'm still assmad.

Honestly, and this before you time, the Arcsys announcement reminds me of Kungpow. There is a scene in the movie where the protagonist thinks the villain has killed all his master, girl, dog, and arch rival. He discovers that the first three are just injured before he runs over to his rival and says. "That must mean Wimp Lo...." and Wimp Lo is actually dead. Wimp Lo is DBFZ. 

23 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Never played it but apparently netcode for MVCI was amazing.  I'm sure they'll just use that for SF6.  

MVCI has solid netcode. It's the one thing everyone agrees they got right. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Epic wants to rival steam very very badly, so they throw money at devs for exclusives.

What usually only ends in Epic and the Devs getting shit for it and the sales staying mediocre/bad until the game hits steam and reaches the other  99% of PC player.

Or just less sales overall. There have been quite a few times, I'm hyped to buy a game on PC. Its Epic exclusive so I pass and then by the it loses exclusivity, I've lost interest. This isn't the 90s. There are more good games out there than there is time to play them. So I just move on to something else.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Holy shit, Space Marine 2 was announced, after such a long time the Sequel comes. 
Damn, I really hope that game will be good, I loved the first game, it was monotone Ork mass murder, but it was fun monotone Ork mass murder.

I'm still hoping for some Sisters of Battle focused game. It's been since Soulstorm that nothing quite like that came out, and GW is giving them a spotlight recently for a change.

I'm probably going to wait forever though.