Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Bloodborne Remastered 💪

Ya know, I actually hope they wait till late in the PS5's lifetime or early ps6 before they do that. With PS5s being so hard to come by any sort of remaster project would be hard to get ahold of and it would just split the playerbase which is already smaller than souls but still enough that you can actually get a surprising number of duels and invasions due to the fact that everyone is playing on the same platform. 

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Ya know, I actually hope they wait till late in the PS5's lifetime or early ps6 before they do that. With PS5s being so hard to come by any sort of remaster project would be hard to get ahold of and it would just split the playerbase which is already smaller than souls but still enough that you can actually get a surprising number of duels and invasions due to the fact that everyone is playing on the same platform. 

Fine.

Metroid Prime 4 💪

Multiversus stuff. Don’t look if you still want some surprises. I’m serious.

Spoiler

Two images that was on the subreddit got deleted today. One of them showing what characters were found in the datamine at the time. The two characters next to Rick are Original Characters for the game.

tsmpdxF.jpg

Another being a screenshot of the game and skins for the starting(?) roster.

pOrufsD.png

There’s also a Fleschier style Superman that was found. 

CKkpHI6.png

More data mining has happened since then. Voice lines confirm that Fiona (Genderbent Finn) will be a skin for Finn, Beetlejuice will be a character, and a MK character (most likely Scorpion) will possibly be in with Jake saying Flawless Victory.

https://vocaroo.com/16p0zaVbG9vi

First line in the audio is apparently Beetlejuice. 

Man this is exciting but I wish they would put out another trailer already.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

EVO 2022 Lineup:

SFV

Guilty Gear Strive

MK11

Tekken 7

KOFXV

Melty Blood Type Lumina

DBFZ

GBVS

Skullgirls

It bears repeating, now that Evo is free of the stench of Smash

youtube the evil is defeated GIF

Shame they didn't try to do MvC2 again since Covid completely fucked the year they were going to do that.  I think that would have been a really fun and hype tourney to have.  They should have tried it again.

hell yeah...saw a random powerful mage in a field and killed him... purple item dropped... and *boom* it's the whole "Battlemage" set!!  

edit---whoah and it's a classic pointy wizard hat!  Oh yeah this is part of the new look for sure.

I also just barely scraped by in a fight with another "Greater Foe", some giant lava-spewing lizard creature.  The powerlevel of my mage at this point... it's a night and day difference from when I started as a lowly "prisoner" chump, of course.  My character has also aligned himself with some others who appear to be....less than savory people....in fact, I've already done something horrible at the behest of one of them.  Heh, that former associate never saw it coming.

Face Smile GIF

Edited by MillionX

It's a shame that in a lot of games... hybrid builds tend to just not be quite as good as pure ones... because the concept of something like melee+sorcery for your character's combat style is a bit more interesting to me.  There have been some times lately in Elden Ring where I was glad I had the option of sword attacks that do some decent backup damage if I'm out of magic or just low on it.

...anyway, I made a good deal of progress on the main path last night; I'm well into the northern side of the map now, and got to some large city....with of course some extremely dangerous enemies wandering around out there.... I'm at level 77 now, around 90 hours in.  

Considering the time frame of Evo and the fact that NRS didn't show what they were doing at the game awards....We might officially see what they're doing aeound that time frame.  Best case scenario would be a reveal around E3 and then maybe an exhibition at evo/giving people a chance to get hands on.  Worst case we get nothing at E3 and its just a reveal at evo (other than nothing period).  Hoping for the former to happen.

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I almost feel like they should have kept this under wraps cause Miyazaki seems like the kind of person to see this and be like "...Oh no this won't do at all" and patch that out lol.

Miyazaki probably put it in because he knew it would piss off a portion of the fanbase 😂

13 minutes ago, globe said:

Advance Wars, delayed

Is that serious?😂 Man this is as goofy as how Konami renamed Super Contra to "Super C" because of the Iran/Contra scandal going on back in the 80s.

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Is that serious?😂 Man this is as goofy as how Konami renamed Super Contra to "Super C" because of the Iran/Contra scandal going on back in the 80s.

Wow is that the reason they named it that?

Almost as stupid as when Capcom decided to remove "Tiger Genocide" and "Genocide Cutter" from CvS 2's voice samples after 9/11

Edited by Lantis
20 minutes ago, globe said:

Advance Wars, delayed

I reeeeally don't think they needed to do this but at the same time from a company social perspective I get it.  Can't run the risk of seeming insensitive at this time when you have games with tanks and wars and invasions and all that.  We aren't the ones being invaded and having our kids getting bombed out because of an assholes whims so I can't even rightfully say 'You guys don't need to do this' cause I'm not the one being directly effected.  Sucks a duck but again I get it.

40 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Wow is that the reason they named it that?

Almost as stupid as when Capcom decided to remove "Tiger Genocide" and "Genocide Cutter" from CvS 2's voice samples after 9/11

Yes it is. It was quite the scandal.

16 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

it seems more specifically:

Interesting. I don't really know anything about the game but I guess that would make a bit more sense.

Russian Twitch Streamers hit by sanctions, can't make money

https://www.ign.com/articles/twitch-streamers-in-russia-hit-by-economic-sanctions

Gotham Knights gets a release date

https://www.ign.com/articles/gotham-knights-release-date-2022

10/25/2022

Pricing for GTA 5 on new gen announced, no free upgrades

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-5-online-ps5-xbox-series-price-free-upgrade

Found the Raya Lucaria Soldier summons yesterday and found a bunch of the things to upgrade my summons as well.

Upgraded that to +3 and then went back to Godrick with my +5 uginata (was +4 last time I face him) and I completely whooped him on the first try. Still had 3 flasks left when I defeated him and had my summons left still. Funny how leveling things up helps!

I haven't felt so addicted to a game I don't think since I was into SF4 and playing it online and going to local comps.  Like I would think about SF4 all the time when not playing it, and that is kind of how I feel about Elden Ring too.  Just constantly wanting to play it and think about it when I can't play it.   The game is like crack.

Hit the level cap in Horizon Forbidden West. I've got about five story missions till I hit the endgame. The last couple of story missions have been a walk in the park 🤣. I've just been hunting some of the larger machines and doing the appropriate upgrades. I already got through half of the Arena matches. Gear and Valor Surges can make or break a hunt. 

You're smarter than me. I tried racing through the story and found out the hard way those numbers next to the quests mean something. There was one quest with lures that had a Thunderjaw and a Tremortusk. That battle killed me 20+ times before I smartened up and came back later with better stuff.

But now I'm well past the end of the story and have nothing but side quests to do. Hell, mostly errands, really.

Edited by axeman61

I'm still lagging behind you guys- I think I just hit level 18 or so and just got done with finding and establishing the Base.  I'm about to go look for the Subordinates but I think I want to do a little exploring first.  One of my favorite things in the Horizon games is going all assassin mode and stealthily wiping out the bandit camps.  Got a couple of those lined up for me tonight.

35 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

You're smarter than me. I tried racing through the story and found out the hard way those numbers next to the quests mean something. There was one quest with lures that had a Thunderjaw and a Tremortusk. That battle killed me 20+ times before I smartened up and came back later with better stuff.

But now I'm well past the end of the story and have nothing but side quests to do. Hell, mostly errands, really.

Oh I remember that mission. Top tier fuckery 🤣. I did a really good scan of the area before jumping into the battle. There was one place under the hill you could scurry to that was completely concealed. For that battle, the stealth valor skill and the braced shot did wonders (adds 200%damage while concealed). Throw on some stealth damage coils and you're in one shot kill territory. I think I was around level 35 when I did that one. 

I'm going to complete all of the side quests and then move to finish up. Honestly the only reason I progressed through some of the story is because some of the side quests were locked behind story components. 

EDIT - That's not to say that I'm not enjoying the story, but I like to do all the side quests first. It's even better this go around because the world around you does change as you complete certain actions. 

23 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I'm still lagging behind you guys- I think I just hit level 18 or so and just got done with finding and establishing the Base.  I'm about to go look for the Subordinates but I think I want to do a little exploring first.  One of my favorite things in the Horizon games is going all assassin mode and stealthily wiping out the bandit camps.  Got a couple of those lined up for me tonight.

I appreciate the fact that there are many playstyles in this title. You can just walk up to the camp and go full Rambo or go into Predator mode and just pick them off one by one. 

Also, you want some good ass backup in this game, override one of these:

Aloy-Clawstrider.jpg

Level up the Machine skill tree and set it to aggressive. With all the perks, it's a hard one to kill. In a rebel camp (especially the acid one) it's pretty much "set it and forget it". 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
53 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

😭😭😭

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH....

I HATE that fucking shit.  Who the hell thought that was a good idea?  I probably do that like 75% of the time I open the fucking map.  And I don't even know wtf the 2 options in the dialog that comes up even say, and I've seen it like a bajillion times.

So that Evil Dead game is one like that friday the 13th game?  Seems lame to me.  There have been a number of Evil Dead games and I'm pretty sure they've all been trash.  Maybe there was a good one...I dunno.

I found this cool camera mod for Elden Ring.  Took some screenshots while I was testing it out.  I gotta mess with the key configuration for it.

wE6xDe6.png

Lqd1PZR.png

cnzKm6Z.png

7cnc2Vy.png

Check it out if you like -

https://opm.fransbouma.com/Cameras/eldenring.htm

Download links for it -

Also, free on EGS.
Edited by Faltimar the Dark