Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

More info on the best staffs.... I recently switched over to using Lusat's a few days ago... since it buffs every spell....eventually I'll have to get that "Prince of Death" one for sure

Also...I've realized what MIGHT be my winning tactic for the Godskin Apostle.... the Skeleton summons.  ...so my next adventure is to acquire that.  The gimmick there is that the skeletons can resurrect themselves... so they just keep coming back.  They only stay dead if they take a hit while down....(of course it would be just my luck that Godskin Apostle is clever enough to do exactly that to make sure they stay dead.)

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I am also curious to see what has decreased with the weapon skills because I am using that Raya Lucaria 2 headed helmet to boost my intelligence to 24 to be able to use that sword.

I know the Ash skill Hoarfrost Stomp got its stomp speed nerfed. If you saw what where doing with it you'd understand why lol. 

Edited by RSG3

I've played all 3 DS games, Bloodborne, and Sekiro,but man, looking at the steam forums specifically for Elden Ring right now really reinforces what a bunch of choads a lot of the vocal DS fan base are. They're like the video game equivalent of dream theater fans, only worse, and their bile actually affects the games. It's like a lot of failure to launch sorts cling to getting good at that one thing (or doing the cheesiest things they can to be good at it) and see an opportunity to act like the sort of bully that terrorized them in high school.

A new patch has happened...

damn..before I even got a chance to acquire the Mimic tear...

some balance changes posted on comicbook.com

Balance Changes

• Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
  • Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
  • Increased shield's effectiveness.
  • Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
  • Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
  • Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
  • Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
  • Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
  • Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
  • Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta's Greatbow/ Loretta's Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
  • Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
  • Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
  • Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
  • Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame's damage.
  • Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
  • Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate's Charge.
  • Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit's behavior pattern.
  • Other enemy and weapon balance changes

Edited by MillionX
30 minutes ago, MillionX said:

A new patch has happened...

damn..before I even got a chance to acquire the Mimic tear...

Yeah I hear people talk about the mimic but I don't have it.  Still rocking the Lucarian Soldier summon for the most part.  I did just get a new one that requires more FP than I have so I plan on leveling that up to check it out.

But my main weapon right now is the sword of night and flame, and apparently I had no clue how popular it was until this nerf lol.  Out of the like 100's of weapons in the game, they nerfed the one that I am rocking.  Assholes.

1 hour ago, Camacho said:

I've played all 3 DS games, Bloodborne, and Sekiro,but man, looking at the steam forums specifically for Elden Ring right now really reinforces what a bunch of choads a lot of the vocal DS fan base are. They're like the video game equivalent of dream theater fans, only worse, and their bile actually affects the games. It's like a lot of failure to launch sorts cling to getting good at that one thing (or doing the cheesiest things they can to be good at it) and see an opportunity to act like the sort of bully that terrorized them in high school.

The community around the souls games can be absolute trash. PvP bros are always been the worst to me. They act as if that's the only way those games should be played and center their entire experience around it. Or how virtually everything in the game is a fucking spoiler. Such an insufferable fandom.

31 minutes ago, purbeast said:

But my main weapon right now is the sword of night and flame, and apparently I had no clue how popular it was until this nerf lol.  Out of the like 100's of weapons in the game, they nerfed the one that I am rocking.  Assholes.

Well to be fairs out of the 100s of weapons in the game you happen to using the one that does bonkers damage for little FP lol. 

They beefed Hoarfrost Stomp to, not like you're the only who got hit hah.

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

You can get plat without getting all that stuff?

You can. I was sitting around 96% when the Plat triggered. I appreciate the fact that you have to do everything but not literally everything. Yes, you do have to play Machine Strike, but only beat two different people (at any difficulty). I bought a dumbass powerful piece and played with a beginner 🤣. The only things that you really have to do in full are:

• Main Campaign
  • Hunting Grounds (at full stripes)
  • Max out level cap

Everthing else you have to do the activity in full at least once (e.g., beat an arena trial set) .

10 hours ago, Camacho said:

I've played all 3 DS games, Bloodborne, and Sekiro,but man, looking at the steam forums specifically for Elden Ring right now really reinforces what a bunch of choads a lot of the vocal DS fan base are. They're like the video game equivalent of dream theater fans

I haven't had much experience with real life Dream Theater fans (the guy I met did like them a lot), but online those fans think it's the best band ever.

e8e87de34ba0f58a15aa7e2a3f5fbf14.jpg

So, it's as I figured with the latest tactic of using Skeleton summons against Godskin... at least so far...doesn't work, of course.  He'll go all in attacking your summons, so they naturally get hit during their resurrect animation, which kills them permanently.... the wolf spirits actually last long enough for me to at least get him with a few rocks and/or one good meteor cast.  Skeletons are the only real hope outside of using the mimic summon, which I don't have yet...so perhaps that's my next plan of attack then.....but I'm sure he'll kill that in less than 2 seconds as well.

3 minutes ago, MillionX said:

So, it's as I figured with the latest tactic of using Skeleton summons against Godskin... at least so far...doesn't work, of course.  He'll go all in attacking your summons, so they naturally get hit during their resurrect animation, which kills them permanently.... the wolf spirits actually last long enough for me to at least get him with a few rocks and/or one good meteor cast.  Skeletons are the only real hope outside of using the mimic summon, which I don't have yet...so perhaps that's my next plan of attack then.....but I'm sure he'll kill that in less than 2 seconds as well.

Go back with the mimic leveled up all the way, and put a bunch of good consumables in your quick items. The mimic will copy and use those as well. It also has a ton of health. I got to that enemy yesterday and beat him on my 3rd or 4th try using the mimic.

FINALLY!!!  Hell YEAH!  

Today was that day, folks.... the Godskin Apostle would finally be humbled....and BROKEN!  I went after that Mimic, and got it leveled up to 3....STILL lost a few times...but this last battle, the Mimic managed to last long enough as a distraction.  I moved to this other strat of unloading with "Star Shower" magic shots constantly while he's distracted by summons.  Since this spell actually homes in, it's one of the few projectiles that actually will hit him consistently....of course it's not as much damage as rock sling, meteor or comet, but at least it's something that WILL hit him.  Mimic didn't get a chance to heal, but he lasted long enough to also hit Godskin with some attacks (*interesting; it always starts the fight off trying Comet Azur).  Soon he was down to that 30% health point, which was where I usually die... he did the windmill thing but I was far enough away to dodge it....I switched out to Rock Sling and 2 more hits with that got him.  He's so dangerous that I was still worried even when he was at like 1 or 2 points of health and only needed to be hit one more time.  

90,000+ runes and that cool outfit are mine!

36 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Is the Mimic something you get as you just progress through the main game or is it something you have to go out of your way to find and get?

It’s not in an area mandatory for game completion (afaik), but is in an area of a pretty important side quest. It’s also not a direct reward for killing a boss or something, but is basically right off the path and pretty noticeable, but you need to have the right item to access it, which is…

Spoiler

one of those stoneimp keys that open small areas throughout the game… not the rare blue one, the general grey one

Edited by Mattatsu
15 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

It’s not in an area mandatory for game completion (afaik), but is in an area of a pretty important side quest. It’s also not a direct reward for killing a boss or something, but is basically right off the path and pretty noticeable, but you need to have the right item to access it, which is…

Reveal hidden contents

one of those stoneimp keys that open small areas throughout the game… not the rare blue one, the general grey one

Okay gotcha.  I got a bunch of those keys and have been going to pretty obvious spots, or so I think, until I find one back in early parts of the games that I missed lol.

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Okay gotcha.  I got a bunch of those keys and have been going to pretty obvious spots, or so I think, until I find one back in early parts of the games that I missed lol.

I will say that there’s a certain event in the story that disrupts the land a bit, exposing this area, and it’s likely in an earlier part of the map that you likely moved on from.

Dont want to spoil where it is and what the story event is but…

Spoiler

if you find Ranni’s tower (the blue witch), she’ll point you in the right direction

Edited by Mattatsu
2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I will say that there’s a certain event in the story that disrupts the land a bit, exposing this area, and it’s likely in an earlier part of the map that you likely moved on from.

Dont want to spoil where it is and what the story event is but…

Reveal hidden contents

if you find Ranni’s tower (the blue witch), she’ll point you in the right direction

I have gotten there and she told me to go do some stuff, which I haven't fully done yet and it has lead me to Radhan who I haven't beaten yet.  But then I hear Radhan is part of the story too so I dunno wtf is up.

I also am wondering if my game is in a weird state with one event...

Spoiler

After I went underground and found Blaidd (after talking to Ranni and she told me to talk to those spirits, which lead me to this part) there and I couldn't get up to the underground city he said to go talk to Servulis or whatever his name is.  So I went there and he gave me some potion to give to Nebulis and some scroll to give to the scorerer.  So I gave her the scroll but I found Nebulis and I can't give her the potion.  Like there is no action to do it and I can't click "use" on it in front of her.  Then if I go back to Servulis he says not to talk to him unless I have completed the mission.  Not sure what I am missing or if my game is in an odd state.  I have done a lot of shit out of order though.  

Also you said that is earlier in the game.  I got there at like 40 hours into the game lol.  Damn this game is  YUGE.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I have gotten there and she told me to go do some stuff, which I haven't fully done yet and it has lead me to Radhan who I haven't beaten yet.  But then I hear Radhan is part of the story too so I dunno wtf is up.

Hide contents

After I went underground and found Blaidd (after talking to Ranni and she told me to talk to those spirits, which lead me to this part) there and I couldn't get up to the underground city he said to go talk to Servulis or whatever his name is.  So I went there and he gave me some potion to give to Nebulis and some scroll to give to the scorerer.  So I gave her the scroll but I found Nebulis and I can't give her the potion.  Like there is no action to do it and I can't click "use" on it in front of her.  Then if I go back to Servulis he says not to talk to him unless I have completed the mission.  Not sure what I am missing or if my game is in an odd state.  I have done a lot of shit out of order though.  

Also you said that is earlier in the game.  I got there at like 40 hours into the game lol.  Damn this game is  YUGE.

To clarify some things…

Spoiler

the event that causes the land to get disrupted happens later in the game, but the actual land/area that gets disrupted is from an area that you visit earlier in the game. Ranni should point you there after the event occurs. You should know it when you see it (as long as you don’t skip cutscenes anyway), and then go back to Ranni afterwards.

Servulis is weird. I haven’t really completed his quest yet, so for what it’s worth, it’s not mandatory to getting Mimic or to the area I’m talking about. Ranni is more important for this one. I think they’re kinda their own side quests tbh. I didn’t know who Servulis was talking about so I’ve kinda ignored it lol. I should probably go back and see what he was on about lol.

also, I am not 100% sure if Radahn is mandatory for game completion, but I think he likely is. You should probably keep trying to beat him tbh.

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

God damn, the thick keeps plottenning in Forbidden West. I got the first Subordinate Function and did the side mission involving Beta and learned more about the Far Zeniths. Shit is getting crazy! Love how well it expands on the story of the first game.

One of the things I appreciated is that it expands things in a somewhat unexpecting way. A certain mission is a play on what happens.  

Also, playing around in photo mode.

17f9e0086bf31-screenshotUrl.jpg

Yes, that "thing" is a thing in the game. Now this plays in my head when I approach a Thunderjaw (or worse)

I spent faaaaaaaaaaaaar too much time than I'd like to admit for one reason alone:

T6_PlCYiQo5JyaGToeF0s5KYAQXiFX_bxm7qlgyG

Fortunately, you don't have to beat the game to get the OP stuff.  

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Reveal hidden contents

Giving Nepheli the Potion from Seluvis will end her questline but you'll get a unique Ash Summon for it. Nephelis quest was broken until the patch the other night so can't say if the reward for her quest is worth it or not reward wise but it seems to involve Kenneth Haight and Stormveil Castle.