Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

59 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Thanks Marvel and 2k for announcing a game based off the awesome Midnight Sons team while having basically none of Midnight Sons roster present besides Doctor Strange and Blade 

(They show ghost rider who was apart of the roster at one point but the ghost rider shown isn’t Johnny Blaze. It’s Robbie Reyes)

There's still more characters to announce. It's set to drop in March. I'm holding out for Moon Knight

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

There's still more characters to announce. It's set to drop in March. I'm holding out for Moon Knight

Yeah I know. Moon Knight better be apart of the roster. He was one of the founding members. 

Elsa Bloodstone, Brother Voodoo and Man-Thing are my other wishlist characters 

Edited by iStu X

hell yeah they just showed a trailer for Blood Hunt.  Would be nice if they port that to console... then again, Steam Deck is a nice option in the near future though....

so more than likely they'll follow-up with "clan reveal" trailers for the other ones too; the others currently in are Nosferatu and Brujah, and Ventrue is being worked on as well.

Early access September 7 on Steam.

sheeeittt, my dream would be to have this available to all major platforms with an offline story mode though I realize there is sadly no hope for that 😞 

More wishful thinking---if I were making this, of course I'd just throw ALL the vampire clans in that shit, man....or at least eventually.  It's already set up perfectly for a DLC plan, actually... I'd start with a higher # of playable clans though.   I imagine that in a pure action video-game like this... naturally some of them will be hilariously OP compared to the others....but such is the nature of gaming in general, when there's different playable things that have drastically different attributes, specialties and weaknesses.  Heh, weakass Salubri.... just off the top of my head they would be bottom-tier shit no one wants to seriously play, imo... (*at least if they were accurate to the lore, of course.  Their curse is that their blood is *especially* irresistible to other vampires.  To make matters worse...they have a 3rd eye that BLEEDS whenever they use their supernatural powers....the more intense the power, the more the eye bleeds.  It can actually cause a "hunger-frenzy" in other nearby vamps.  Basically, play this character in your average session and you are doomed to die at some point by another vamp.)

*heyyy this girl they have on here by the name of Natascha is quite the smokeshow....  I'd eat.

Edited by MillionX

HZD just got a 60 FPS patch for PS5!!

I've been waiting for that to go back and play it again and finally do the DLC expansion.

Oh, and HZD2 is releasing February 18, 2022. So I got time to finish TLoU, go back to Dark Souls and finish that, play through Tsushima again on lethal with the new content, Metroid Dread, finish Link's Awakening (I'm close to the end), play TLoU2, Battlefield 2042, and get through some of the new Destiny stuff that dropped yesterday.

12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

That a a full plate Chad.

Yeah, dude.  There's no way I finish all that before February.  Add to it Dark Souls 2 and 3, and then Elden Ring in January. Plus I play Rocket League every day.  And have a 15-month old.  But hey, i can get by on six hours of slee...🥱😴

Huh?  What were we talking about?

Edit:  Gonna stock up on Mountain Dew Flamin' Hot that i just saw in the lounge 😂

Edited by Chadouken
11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah, dude.  There's no way I finish all that before February.  Add to it Dark Souls 2 and 3, and then Elden Ring in January. Plus I play Rocket League every day.  And have a 15-month old.  But hey, i can get by on six hours of slee...🥱😴

Huh?  What were we talking about?

Edit:  Gonna stock up on Mountain Dew Flamin' Hot that i just saw in the lounge 😂

Chad trying to get his Fuudo on. Gaming with his baby right beside him. Maybe you can no look body people while you take care of your kid too.

More adventures of fucking around in Lordran. Gonna be a 3 part upload today. Had the time to get the back episodes out. These are the last of the ones done with the Drifting PS4 Controller. Everything else from here on out will be with the new one. Things should go smoother now.

This is the episode where Sen's Fortress just Mollywops my ass lol.

For whomever watches them, enjoy. Despite the controller frustration, i had fun making them.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

April looks fun. That game looks really fun. The surge of quality brawlers lately is greatly appreciated. 

Right? Her move set looks fun as hell. A lot of homages to all the females we’ve seen over the decades in brawlers and fighting games. It’s a nice tribute to those games and simply cool as fuck to see. 

I see it as a total win. Do I hope other characters become playable? Sure. Splinter would be cool (I guess?), Slash (Comic not cartoon) would be choice, Casey Jones would be excellent cause outside of Raphael he’s my favorite TMNT character. 

I’ll bet shedder is a super secret character you unlock too 

But April being in it is dope. I’m excited. 

Edited by iStu X

haha I saw this coming... check out that juicy like/dislike ratio there

the commentary on this is bound to be interesting soon *popcorn gifs*....

Fortunately, I've heard that YES... character customization will still be in there.  If that is still indeed the case then that takes care of one major concern I had right from the start.

I see some saying this new version of the Saints gang doesn't look threatening at all but.....the SR franchise left that behind a longggg time ago, tbh.  Non-stop silliness has been the main thing with this franchise since at least part 2, which is precisely why I love it so much.  GTA series is like watching C-span in comparison.

edit---truly sad thing is that we will probably NEVER see the return of shit like the "Dookie Derby" that was in part 2.  That and the whole side mission with the septic tank truck are probably the funniest things I've ever played in a videogame.  There were so many times I had to pause just to recover because that shit was killing me man 🤣

Edited by MillionX

One other big problem though is that SR4 exists.  This was so far beyond everything that it's going to be difficult for me to go back to a more "slightly realistic" yet still crazy sandbox crime game.  Whenever you serve up stuff like superhuman powers, The Matrix, hostile aliens, laser weapons and Tron-like vehicles, etc. etc. etc..... anything less is just undeniably a step backwards in evolution to me.  I don't really want to go back to "regular human" status after you've let me play around as a character that's basically Superman/Neo/All-Might status, man.  In part 4 you could easily outpace any vehicle on foot since you had speed like the Flash, and you could glide thru the city basically flying....jump as high as skyscrapers, run up buildings, throw various objects and people around with telekinetic powers, throw ice, fire and other projectile attacks, the list goes on.  It's a hard sell to go back to being a relatively normal human after all that greatness.

heh that reminds me I still have so much to do on my latest playthru of part 4 on XB1... my latest character was customized to look just like Homelander.  I even have a patriotic red/white/blue superhero outfit for him so the resemblance is pretty awesome.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

More adventures of fucking around in Lordran. Gonna be a 3 part upload today. Had the time to get the back episodes out. These are the last of the ones done with the Drifting PS4 Controller. Everything else from here on out will be with the new one. Things should go smoother now.

This is the episode where Sen's Fortress just Mollywops my ass lol.

For whomever watches them, enjoy. Despite the controller frustration, i had fun making them.

Good to know there's a bonfire after the archer fucks in the event that I ever make it by them. Good videos! 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't know if we have a Sonic thread but I'm gonna post this here. This fan remake of Sonic Riders looks pretty sweet

So far the demo only has four tracks and 3 characters. I hope these guys continue working on it. 

No Sonic thread yet...We are getting pretty close to Sonic Colors Ultimate release so I'll put one up.   Also yeah they did a really good job on that remake.

Edit: thread done

Edited by Sonichuman

That Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beat 'em up is looking better and better. April looks cool AF. How many of ya'll crushed on April as lads/lassies? Don't lie, you know she was fine. 

Been listening the Kirby Star Allies soundtrack and it just makes me wish Nintendo would put their music up on streaming sites because it is sooooo good. Lotta new themes in there as well as fantastic arrangements. 

Also, I was recommended this very cool Kirby video last week.

Kirby lore is just so awesome and fascinating. Not the kinda stuff you would expect from a kid's series, but I'm all about it.

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Good to know there's a bonfire after the archer fucks in the event that I ever make it by them. Good videos! 

Yea it's right after all the archer bullshit. What I did in the video is the best strat I've found after years of playing. Most of the time the archer on the left won't shoot you in the back once you get right up in the face of the archer on the right. Once you are in his grill he puts away the bow and pulls out his silver straight sword which is free parries all day imo. 

If you use a better weapon then I am using (Barbed Straight Sword isn't a terribly good weapon for PVE) you'll most likly one shot the silver knight with a repost. What i will.advize is don't try to squeeze past him, it won't work there just is not enough ledge there for the both of you. You have to kill him or knock him off the ledge. A good alternative to parry/reposting him is to just kick him with Forward R1 if your current weapon has a kick attack. One, two kicks in the right direction will send him plummiting.  

Psychonauts 2 is fun so far... I never got the first one though.  One thing that always stood out to me was the character design and art style going on here... I love what they have going on here; hopefully it's a franchise that keeps on going.  The design/style and the concept of using psychic powers; that combo really sold this for me.

Note-- you get 6,000 MS Rewards points for this.  There was an easy 250 just for getting an achievement in it too, but that disappeared from the page for some reason; I'm not sure if it went away when I got the achievement or not (that would be strange; usually those points challenges stay on the app screen even after you got them)  There's also 5,000 points for spending $50 on things in the "Summer Spotlight" category... I wasn't even aware I got something from that list so I'm already close to getting that.... I might get that Aliens Fireteam game soon which would seal the deal for the 5000.

7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yea it's right after all the archer bullshit. What I did in the video is the best strat I've found after years of playing. Most of the time the archer on the left won't shoot you in the back once you get right up in the face of the archer on the right. Once you are in his grill he puts away the bow and pulls out his silver straight sword which is free parries all day imo. 

If you use a better weapon then I am using (Barbed Straight Sword isn't a terribly good weapon for PVE) you'll most likly one shot the silver knight with a repost. What i will.advize is don't try to squeeze past him, it won't work there just is not enough ledge there for the both of you. You have to kill him or knock him off the ledge. A good alternative to parry/reposting him is to just kick him with Forward R1 if your current weapon has a kick attack. One, two kicks in the right direction will send him plummiting.  

I'll probably use the kicks, I'm not terribly confident with my parrying.  But either way that gives me hope I might be able to get by it. I think I was close once but I stupidly used the Reinforced Club R2 and hopped my ass off the ledge. 

Anor Londo is such a cool part of the game, but I can't wait to be done with it lol