Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

UNDECEMBER ‘Concept’ and ‘Skills’ trailers, teaser website opened

UNDECEMBER is built with Unreal Engine 4 to vividly depict the thrill of exploring dark dungeons and hunting monsters in classic hack-and-slash RPGs. A wide array of both player-versus-environment and player-versus-player contents will be offered to keep players engaged.

First unveiled during LINE Games’ lineup announcement event “LPG 2021” held earlier this year, UNDECEMBER has been gathering interest of enthusiastic gamers as a new multiplatform hack-and-slash RPG for both mobile and PC. UNDECEMBER will be serviced in the second half of 2021.

Asterix & Obelix: Slap them All! launches November 25

The game will be available in the following editions:

• Limited Edition
    • A copy of Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All!
    • A keychain
    • Two sticker sheets
    • Three lithographs
  • Collector’s Edition
    • A copy of Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All!
    • A 27-centimeter (10.5-inch) Asterix figurine
    • A keychain
    • Two sticker sheets
    • Three lithographs

Here is an overview of the game, via Microids:

Be prepared to prove your bravery! Asterix & Obelix: Slap them All! is set in 50 B.C.E. Gaul, which is entirely occupied by the Romans. Only one small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. Play as Asterix and Obelix and set sail to the most iconic places in the comic book series while battling Roman legionaries, pirates, brigands and even the dreaded Normans.

Mr. Nutz Studio is in charge of developing Asterix & Obelix: Slap them All! and making this adventure as faithful to the original material as possible. The developers chose to go with an artistic direction very close to the comic book where the characters, the scenery and the animations are hand drawn. It’s a real tribute to the 2D animated classics and is executed in a style that will surely appeal to Asterix fans and retro gamers alike.

Unlike Getafix’s magic potion, there is no secret ingredient to the gameplay besides good, old-fashioned fun. Think about the core mechanics defining the beat’em up genre and sprinkle with some local co-op! By Jupiter, by Teutates.. These Gauls are crazy!

I remember when ScrewAttack did a video on an older game, and Europeans got mad:

Considering how long it takes to dev normal games in general that aren't ridiculous in budget... 5 years is usually pretty good time for a game to be in an oven (announcement trailer was 12/07/2017 for Bayo 3).    They may have announced it pretty early but we're probably not too far off from the finish line on that game.  I wouldn't doubt if that game gets a release date for next year.  I'd be great if we got a new trailer at the VGA's but I'm not going to hold out hope for it.  If we don't see an update for the game next year though I'm going to start getting a bit worried.

Most recent scoops. 

spacer.png

Never played this before but I've heard good things from time to time so I figured I'd give it a look.

20210824_131832.jpg

Classic for the collection

20210824_131821.jpg

Also for the collection. I play this on PC with the Sneaky Patch fixes.

20210824_131812.jpg

And of course a Shmup. Zanac is a classic, a precursor to the Aleste series. I paid a bit much for it at 25 dollars but it's in excellent condition, the labels perfect no scratches or scuffs so I think it was worth it in the end.

8 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So I tired out Hoa.  Its seems like a simple platformer/puzzle type game.  Its very pretty and the music is also very pretty.  Real relaxing game to play it seems.  Its real cheap too.

Check it out -

Px1HEZK.png

4hqtImf.png

I was going to buy this too but then read it's only 2 hours so I passed.  Maybe when it gets to like $5 I'll grab it.  But at $15 I'm going to pass for now.

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I'm really interested in Riders Republic. 

It just looks like a fully baked Steep, and I thought steep was a fun (albeit incredibly flawed) game 

Same, it has been a while since i played a extreme sports game and this one seems to be right in my ally.

It kind of reminded me of Coolboarders 2 for some reason, lol.

It was a PS1 game that i loved to play daily back in the day.

they're showing Saint's Row right now... initially it was hype... 

...until I realized there's more than likely no superpowers this time 😞 

There was a woman speaking with Geoff K., and she voices "The Boss" player character this time.  I'm hoping they just neglected to mention there's a male option here.  I wouldn't be surprised if there simply is no option though, since you know... Girl Power is the new rules for all entertainment these days.  Male main characters are not allowed anymore.

*HOLY shit Laura Bailey and her fine ass legs are on stage right now...

Thanks Marvel and 2k for announcing a game based off the awesome Midnight Sons team while having basically none of Midnight Sons roster present besides Doctor Strange and Blade 

(They show ghost rider who was apart of the roster at one point but the ghost rider shown isn’t Johnny Blaze. It’s Robbie Reyes)

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Wolverine just a team whore, slutting himself to any team that'll take him 😂

you’re not wrong. Wolverine was definitely this in the early to late aughts. Him being in almost every marvel title being printed at the time was so agitating I stopped reading Marvel titles for about 6 years.