Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

oh yeah, I had quite a few--- in terms of the game-watches: Q*bert, Legend of Zelda, and one simply called "Plane & Tank Battle"...whoahhh, I found videos of it!

all these memories....and yeah--- I was dorky enough to be walking around in 7th grade with a Legend of Zelda game-watch.  Those of my generation know the deal...this was back before gaming "subculture" was cool/acceptable.  Actually, even now it would probably be pretty cornball shit for a kid to show up at school with a videogame watch or a videogame-related t-shirt, I imagine... especially in certain schools with a lot of "DEEBO" types.  I was fairly lucky to already be socially "invisible" in the first place.

15 hours ago, MillionX said:

oh yeah, I had quite a few--- in terms of the game-watches: Q*bert, Legend of Zelda, and one simply called "Plane & Tank Battle"...whoahhh, I found videos of it!

all these memories....and yeah--- I was dorky enough to be walking around in 7th grade with a Legend of Zelda game-watch.  Those of my generation know the deal...this was back before gaming "subculture" was cool/acceptable.  Actually, even now it would probably be pretty cornball shit for a kid to show up at school with a videogame watch or a videogame-related t-shirt, I imagine... especially in certain schools with a lot of "DEEBO" types.  I was fairly lucky to already be socially "invisible" in the first place.

Oh man! That plane and tank one was the the one I was trying to think of! That one was pretty good. I also had the TMNT Konami hand helds and those were actually pretty good for what they were. 

spacer.png

BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites launches September 9

Limited Run Games to release physical edition.

Here is an overview of the game, via Ziggurat Interactive:

About

Released in 2011, the original BloodRayne Betrayal was met with passionate reviews for its gorgeous graphics and punishing difficulty. This installment in the series changed things up by switching from a 3D, third-person format to a fast-paced, 2D side-scroller. As the deadly dhampir Rayne, players will battle through 15 levels as they wend their way through a hidden castle where a sinister vampiric gathering is taking place. It’s Rayne’s last job—will she “clean house” or find herself six feet under?

Key Features

• All-New Voice Acting – Originally released without any spoken dialog, the new BloodRayne Betrayal will feature AAA-quality voice acting by Laura Bailey and Troy Baker reprising their roles as Rayne and Kagan. Patrick Seitz and Todd Haberkorn are also featured as voice actors in the game, bringing more of its characters to life.
  • Enhanced Edition – Higher resolution character sprites and support for HD displays (up to 4K) are just a few new details added to the game that help Rayne strut her stuff on modern PCs and consoles.
  • Advanced Controller SupportFresh Bites brings improved support for haptic features on modern console controllers.
  • Modern Console Release – Rayne returns to console including a first-ever release on Nintendo Switch.
  • Physical Edition – Collectors rejoice! Fresh Bites will receive an exclusive physical edition release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch through Limited Run Games.

@Skort

Edited by AriesWarlock
3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites launches September 9

Limited Run Games to release physical edition.

Here is an overview of the game, via Ziggurat Interactive:

About

Released in 2011, the original BloodRayne Betrayal was met with passionate reviews for its gorgeous graphics and punishing difficulty. This installment in the series changed things up by switching from a 3D, third-person format to a fast-paced, 2D side-scroller. As the deadly dhampir Rayne, players will battle through 15 levels as they wend their way through a hidden castle where a sinister vampiric gathering is taking place. It’s Rayne’s last job—will she “clean house” or find herself six feet under?

Key Features

• All-New Voice Acting – Originally released without any spoken dialog, the new BloodRayne Betrayal will feature AAA-quality voice acting by Laura Bailey and Troy Baker reprising their roles as Rayne and Kagan. Patrick Seitz and Todd Haberkorn are also featured as voice actors in the game, bringing more of its characters to life.
  • Enhanced Edition – Higher resolution character sprites and support for HD displays (up to 4K) are just a few new details added to the game that help Rayne strut her stuff on modern PCs and consoles.
  • Advanced Controller SupportFresh Bites brings improved support for haptic features on modern console controllers.
  • Modern Console Release – Rayne returns to console including a first-ever release on Nintendo Switch.
  • Physical Edition – Collectors rejoice! Fresh Bites will receive an exclusive physical edition release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch through Limited Run Games.

@Skort

Oh yes I know and I welcome it.

However I still think Rayne deserves to be brought back into the modern age of gaming. We need a BloodRayne 3 or a proper reboot. A 3D third person game like the first two, not a 2D sidescroller  game with Rayne.

7 hours ago, KimuraLOX said:

Correct.

If you are going to have a Guilty Gear character in SamSho it is going to be one of three, Baiken, popular female one armed and eye Kenshin inspired samurai, Anji, fan yielding dude also from Japan or leaning more into the time travel aspect Axl Low, the time traveling British rocker.

Given her popularity Baiken is not a surprise. And sadly makes me want to buy the DLC even though I barely play.

Going back through a few old titles and spent some time with Transformers: Devastation. 

I really wish that the game would get a sequel. It's a simple extreme combat game but they nail the attributes of all the characters all too well. The fact that they had the original voice actors (where applicable) return for their roles was the chef's kiss. Kudos to the sound team for making sure that the transformation sound scales up when going to robot mode and scales down transforming into the alt mode. It's a minor detail that seems to get overlooked especially in some of the more recent series. 

On 8/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, Hecatom said:

I loved Shantae and the Seven Sirens.

Is different, more metroidvania than Half Genie, with the world being a huge maze that you are unlocking as your progress and get new abilities.

It still carries a lot of what made Half Genie good, although, the abilities on this game are different, since they are tied to the npc's you interact on the game.

Played like 6+ hours of this and really like it.  It's pretty dang easy and I'm like not dying at all, but it's just a super fun  game and I really like the world and how you gain access to the different parts.  Definitely recommend and thanks for the short review that pushed me over tthe edge.

11 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Going back through a few old titles and spent some time with Transformers: Devastation. 

I really wish that the game would get a sequel. It's a simple extreme combat game but they nail the attributes of all the characters all too well. The fact that they had the original voice actors (where applicable) return for their roles was the chef's kiss. Kudos to the sound team for making sure that the transformation sound scales up when going to robot mode and scales down transforming into the alt mode. It's a minor detail that seems to get overlooked especially in some of the more recent series. 

yeah, it's a shame this game wasn't more successful.  An old college buddy is a fellow Transformers fan, and yet he never got around to buying it for some reason...even though I made him aware of that game's greatness.  The only downside was the small # of playable characters, and that you only get to be Autobots.  Imagine a sequel where you get to play Decepticons' side of the story as well.

38 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I got my copy and season pass for free when I bought my xbone and I still feel ripped off since the system forced me to redeem it when I was going through the set up process of the console. 

I gladly would have just given the codes away to someone on here. 

i hope jack o turns out to be the secondary character I've been looking for pot is hilarious and i managed to sweep/ close s garuda setup all the way to heaven but i desire a new way to piss off random people. 

what i really want is a character that fills up the screen with bullshit but not random bullshit like faust but calculated bullshit randomly.

Edited by nickmanx5