Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

44 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

i hope jack o turns out to be the secondary character I've been looking for pot is hilarious and i managed to sweep/ close s garuda setup all the way to heaven but i desire a new way to piss off random people. 

what i really want is a character that fills up the screen with bullshit but not random bullshit like faust but calculated bullshit randomly.

Everyone here knows how i feel about Strive (is garbage), but man, if i were playing it, i would be pissed with how Jack-O is being designed on this game (she is one of my mains), since she is absolutely not the same character as in Xrd in any way, lmo. Which tbh, i am not surprised, since most of the chars are either gimped or quite different, but in her case is quite absurd.

I would say that is even worse than the transition of Juri from SFIV to SFV on how she is changed.

Edited by Hecatom
2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Everyone here knows how i feel about Strive (is garbage), but man, if i were playing it, i would be pissed with how Jack-O is being designed on this game (she is one of my mains), since she is absolutely not the same character as in Xrd in any way, lmo. Which tbh, i am not surprised, since most of the chars are either gimped or quite different, but in her case is quite absurd.

I would say that is even worse than the transition of Juri from SFIV to SFV on how she is changed.

well i knew jack-o wasn't gonna keep almost any of her xrd shit so i  made my peace with that when the datamine happened.

when i saw her kick the minion into another one i imagined someone asking daisuke can we have venom?  and he was just like" we got venom at the house"

on the topic of strive itself i already said im okay with it becoming its own beast over time. my only real complaint is i don't know how long getting exploded is gonna be hype. feels like alot of the time im either rolling over people or getting rolled not a lot of back and forth.

Edited by nickmanx5

Among Us calling out Imposter mode for Fortnite

https://www.ign.com/articles/among-us-developers-call-out-fortnites-sus-new-mode

To be fair...this might end up being Fortnite's MO to just take other ideas and implement them into the game cause that's how it worked out for them with the Battle Royale genre.    They might just keep sticking other ideas as game modes since the main game mode that they had that BARELY anyone played was a bust.  If this is successful for them then don't be surprised if they just announce other modes taking ideas and genres from elsewhere and putting them in the game.

I really hate it when people can't separate what's real and what's not

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/08/17/boyfriend-dungeon-eric-actor-abuse/

This shit is intolerable.  It's bad enough the game is getting critisized for not providing a big enough warning for triggering part of the game but attacking people who are playing villain/antagonist characters is out and out wrong.  Anyone who does this needs to have their internet privileges revoked for a month.

47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I really hate it when people can't separate what's real and what's not

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/08/17/boyfriend-dungeon-eric-actor-abuse/

Sadly it’s nothing new. Laura Bailey got hate sent her way for playing Abby in The Last of Us 2. Can’t think of any more cases that’s game-related, but I seen it happen with Star Wars at least three times. The hate that Jar Jar Blinks actor was so bad and frequent, that he almost committed suicide. It’s always upsetting when people don’t realize they’re just playing a character.

1 minute ago, BornWinner said:

Sadly it’s nothing new. Laura Bailey got hate sent her way for playing Abby in The Last of Us 2. Can’t think of any more cases that’s game-related, but I seen it happen with Star Wars at least three times. The hate that Jar Jar Blinks actor was so bad and frequent, that he almost committed suicide. It’s always upsetting when people don’t realize they’re just playing a character.

I know it's nothing new but that just makes it worse.  The actor who played Joffrey in Game of Thrones got shit on IRL too. 

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

For me I don't hate Ahmed Best for Jar Jar, I hate George Lucas for that shit. Best was trying to collect a paycheck, Lucas influenced and gave the okay on the final designs in the prequel trilogy. 
Laura Bailey did a wonderful job as Abby in TLUS2, it's a bunch of man-children that got but hurt 

25 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Should I play TLoU Remastered that's included in the PS+ library now, or wait for the remake? Never played TLoU, but I did play Uncharted and loved them for mindless wind-down fun when I want to just chill and not worry about execution so much.

The remake is just rumor at the moment.  TLoU Remastered is really good so I do recommend it.  Also since you are a relatively new parent the story may hit a bit harder for you now than before.

Old games that could be brought back... what about Little Nemo the Dream Master?  Most people probably forgot about that one by now; I had a lot of fun with that one way back in the day . It's from a super-old comic strip though (like 20s or 30s), so of course Capcom most likely hasn't had the rights to do a game with that character in a long time.

Kid Chameleon would be a fun one to be resurrected with some updated graphics....of course it's owned by "That Company" with the hedghog mascot so there is no hope.

Guardian Legend -- I was only able to rent it since I never saw it in stores for sale...this game was the shit, man.... I loved it...check it if you haven't heard of this:

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Should I play TLoU Remastered that's included in the PS+ library now, or wait for the remake? Never played TLoU, but I did play Uncharted and loved them for mindless wind-down fun when I want to just chill and not worry about execution so much.

LoU is one of my favorite games of all time. Don't expect to wind down in that game, tho, that shit WILL stress you out lol.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I know it's nothing new but that just makes it worse.  The actor who played Joffrey in Game of Thrones got shit on IRL too. 

The guy that played Joffrey was incredible in that role. I'd say it's a compliment to Gross that he played the role so well that people are getting at him IRL for the character even though it's a bunch of retards who apparently never learned the difference between imaginary and real at the age of 5 when most of the rest of us do.

Still tho....WTF is this game??

It’s a dating sim in which players date their weapons (who are actually people) before fighting with them through randomly generated dungeons.

Aeon Must Die mysteriously returns a year after devs’ IP theft and ‘endless crunch’ allegations

In response, those former developers—now working on fighting game Immortal—have issued a statement, saying:

We the former developers of Aeon Must Die! are confused and baffled by the announcement of Aeon Must Die! No legal matters pertaining to the situation were solved and even more arose in the aftermath.

The IP issues are not solved. The trademark for the product does not exist. No publisher investigation was conducted. Work for the trailer remains unpaid. Most of the animations in the game remain unpaid.

Multiple legal attempts at REAL compromise have yielded nothing for the last year.

Edited by AriesWarlock

ok yeah... sometimes The Ascent is just unplayable in co-op at least on a regular ol' XB1.  Trying to play with 2 friends earlier tonight was just non-stop problems; the other 2 guys have the Series X...sometimes we couldn't even start the session.  At one point I got an error message saying it was "out of video memory".  Once one of my friends left for the night things actually went smoother though...so maybe it could be an issue with 3 players making things worse?  The few times all 3 of us did get to engage in some shootemup action it was fun though.... I'm up to level 17 at this point, still with my leveled up shotgun, and I just got some augment called "the dragon"; it locks enemies up in a "stasis" effect...heh, I love how cheap that is.

more Diablo 3 action tonight... I thought this week's challenge rift was going to be a rough one with this terrible Crusader build, but it went alright once I got the general groove of what to lean on there; it's built around the 'blessed hammer' skill.

...I finally started checking out the Diablo reddit thing to see what the fans there are talking about...would be nice if someone else over there brought up the topic of "worst players" just so I can chime in and ramble on and on about that old friend with his horribly gimped builds with other people who would know what I'm referring to....it's years later and that shit still makes me laugh when I think about it...stuff like putting a fuckin amethyst in a weapon slot...bruhhhh 🤣  In most games, especially any kind of rpg--- skill-choices and builds matter a LOT more than some people think they do....you can't just get away with building characters any kind of way you want and still expect to hang with other players that are going with anything that's even close to the "meta" shit.  haha, try doing even a lowly GR40 with just yellow or blue-rarity items and no legendary gems, with a topaz in your weapon slot.  Are you beating that GR40 at all?  Naw ...it's like if back in the day with MvC2 there was a player that specialized in a team of Servbot, Guile and Zangief intending to win a serious tourney with that 😆

Edited by MillionX

I started FFXIV a couple days ago. It's my first time dipping my toes into a MMORPG and it gotta say...

I'm enjoying everything so far. I was actually surprised when I didn't see a thread here, cause it looks like the NA servers are almost always full, so I'm guessing there's a few people here that play. 

If anyone is in Siren, let me know. You might wanna give me a week or so to get to a level where things start really opening up (I'm lvl 7 I think, have only had an hour or two to play) but I'd be down to squad up 

13 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I started FFXIV a couple days ago. It's my first time dipping my toes into a MMORPG and it gotta say...

I'm enjoying everything so far. I was actually surprised when I didn't see a thread here, cause it looks like the NA servers are almost always full, so I'm guessing there's a few people here that play. 

If anyone is in Siren, let me know. You might wanna give me a week or so to get to a level where things start really opening up (I'm lvl 7 I think, have only had an hour or two to play) but I'd be down to squad up 

I've heard nothing but good things about x

XIV ever since the soft reboot/scrubbing into ARR.  One of the best Cinderella stories in the industry.  I'd also imagine that they've been getting an influx of players recently since Acti-Blizz's house is on fire right now.

FFXIV is one of the best MMORPGs out there. 
Tutorials on how to play your base class as optional quests
There Duty system ensures you always have a balanced party
The game always match people up for dungeon raids and boss fights 

You don't need to make new characters to change up a class
There tons things to always do. You can be at it for months without touching a main story quest.
But you can't get lost from a main story quest as their quest icons look different than side quests

And there shit ton of older Final Fantasy and other Square Enix references. 

My one complain is some bosses during raids have unique mechanics for that fight, and more than a few require knowledge before hand 

WoW is a shitty outhouse (thats on fire) while XIV is Mansion with 4 swimming pools, 8 tennis courts, 3 movie theaters and a video arcade 

Whats wild to me is people want to restore the Vanilla 1.0. 

Edited by DarkSakul
21 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'd also imagine that they've been getting an influx of players recently since Acti-Blizz's house is on fire right now

bruh, you have no idea. On Sunday night I tried to start, but every single world in the NA server was closed to new players cause they had reached their cap. I literally couldn't start a new character. 

The only reason I got into the world I wanted was because I had a half day off on Tuesday for a dentist appointment and I was constantly refreshing the world statuses until the one I wanted opened up. 

It felt really similar to trying to get a PS5 lolol 

Edit: I'll add to DarkSakul's praises by saying that it's full crossplay between PS4/5 and PC AND it has full mouse and keyboard support on playstation. No silly set-up, no hassle, just plug in the mouse and KB you wanna use and play. 

Edited by KingTubb
2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I'll add to DarkSakul's praises by saying that it's full crossplay between PS4/5 and PC AND it has full mouse and keyboard support on playstation. No silly set-up, no hassle, just plug in the mouse and KB you wanna use and play. 

And if you want to do gamepads on the PC, it's just as easy. PC version on steam and uses Steam controller support.