Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

For anyone interested a free indi Shmup for Gameboy came out in 2019. Its a Bullet Hell...for the Gameboy lol.

Free Gameboy Rom from itch.io

https://snorpung.itch.io/dangan-gb

If you are goofy like me, you can buy it physical here (I havent but i want to)

https://catskullelectronics.com/collections/games/products/dangan-gb

And here's Bullet Heavens review from tonight that turned me onto it and covers everything you could want to know.

Games cute, and pretty cool as fuck. Yally the Technician is pretty damn cute lol. Ive put about 15 minutes into it and I can see this being another fun quick fire up and play like Recca or BladeBuster (which is another free Shmup NES Rom you should all have.)

Edited by RSG3

I finally caved and ended up getting a backbone for my phone. 

The PS5 remote play is really good and I have enough games on my phone already that really need to be played with a controller that it was sort of a no brainer. 

AAAANNND- it comes with 3 months of gamepass, so I'm planning on using that thing constantly. 

I FINALLY got past "the part" in Anor Londo, but you know how I did it? The archer just took a dive and suicided himself when I got close. Not what I was expecting but I'll take it. Im at Ornstein & Smough right now and while they're difficult, I almost waxed Smough with my lightning arrow, and it turns out his soul combined with my Reinforced Club will make a new weapon. But just glad to be past that part. 

18 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The game cover for Nick All Stars Brawl leaked on Eshop. Said cover contains unannounced characters on it.

I need the any of the Rugrats characters to be playable where their final splat (see what I did there?) is them turning into their Mega Diaper Baby persona. Cause that is probably my favorite episode of Rugrats ever and I demand it 

15 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I need the any of the Rugrats characters to be playable where their final splat (see what I did there?) is them turning into their Mega Diaper Baby persona. Cause that is probably my favorite episode of Rugrats ever and I demand it 

That was a GOATed episode that was also paired with the also really good episode with Angelica freaking out over have a baby brother. 

But I don’t think any of the babies will be playable. Even if it is a super cartoony game, I can see the rating going up for being able to fight a toddler. I wouldn’t be surprised if Reptar is the only Rugrats character.

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

The archer just took a dive and suicided himself when I got close.

Hahaha yea they'll uh...they'll do that sometimes. 

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I almost waxed Smough with my lightning arrow, and it turns out his soul combined with my Reinforced Club will make a new weapon. But just glad to be past that part. 

If you want Smoughs Soul then you need to kill him second. You only get the drop from the boss you kill last. You have to NG+ to get the other bosses stuff. Also whichever you kill second their armor will be for sale by Domhnall of Zena. He's in Firelink Shrine now, underneath the aquaduct bridge. 

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Hahaha yea they'll uh...they'll do that sometimes. 

If you want Smoughs Soul then you need to kill him second. You only get the drop from the boss you kill last. You have to NG+ to get the other bosses stuff. Also whichever you kill second their armor will be for sale by Domhnall of Zena. He's in Firelink Shrine now, underneath the aquaduct bridge. 

I was like, "Why couldn't you have done that like 25 tries ago, asshole??" For some reason I was under the impression that you only have to kill Ornstein or Smough, not both, but killing Ornstein first might actually be easier since he's the one that ends up fucking my shit up most of the time. Smough is fairly easy to telegraph, it's just a matter of not using up all your stamina or being in the wrong place at the wrong time from what I can gather thus far.

47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

It’s like they wanted to make a BioWare-esque game  with dialog trees, relationship paths and rich lore but decided to slap it on an XCom game instead for reasons I’m not sure about. 

I don’t like having an avatar as the main character either. But it is what it is. As of now I’m pretty unimpressed but I also want to see more 

Edited by iStu X

I just finished MKL: Battle of the Realms.

Pros:

Art/animation

Voice acting - Joel McHale is still great. Shao Khan is a beast.

Fights were brutal.

Liu Kang gets to be the hero!  

Cons:

This movie is super RUSHED!  It felt like a combination of MK2/MK3/ with some elements of the from the new movies/recent games.

There is a subplot with another villain that is running during the tournament and has to be settled in the last 20 minutes. I honestly thought that the ending would be the  Shao Khan fight with a tease to set up the sequel. While there are many cameos of characters basically just there to fight and die, many dont really get even a brief moment. 

Instead of more full fights during the tournament, there are brief montages with snippets of various battles of different characters.  Even the final Khan battle wasnt as kickass I'd like. The various Lin Keui (sp?)/ Scorpion segments that arent part of the proper tournament were better.

Overall:  7/10

MK movie rankings

MK 1995 - 8/10

MKL: Scorpions Revenge   - 7.5/10

MK:   Battle of the Realms   /  MK 2021  - 7/10

MK Annihilation -     4/10

hell yeah Project Magnum... before that preview vid was even halfway over I'm already sold.  Whatever's going on there looks awesome and I want it ASAP.

On another note---speaking of that Nickelodeon Brawler game... imagine if they made something going back to older-era Nickelodeon...

Dangermouse

Doug/Quailman, Porkchop, Patty, Skeeter and Roger.

Count Duckula

The Little Prince

Belle & Sebastian

The Little Koala

Maya the Bee

Plus & Minus and Ebenezer from Pinwheel

Gak or Slime as a copy-cat character that can morph

Alex Mack (*note--if accurate to the character and story; she and The Little Prince are most likely the "seriously OP" characters)

that mouse and Sam the security guard from Today's Special.

David the Gnome

...yeah, I realize this has zero chance of ever being a reality. (*Besides these being "too old"...a lot is probably due to licensing and trademark issues)...much like my dreams of a "Cereal Mascot Bonanza!" videogame....it's just never going to happen.

Feelings Reaction GIF

Edited by MillionX

oh yeah and I didn't even mention they have that 1 detail that always helps sell a game for me---- hot grappling hook action, folks.  Put a grapple hook in your game that is usuable nearly anywhere in the game's world....just like that you have easily captured my interest.

that just reminded me of the good ol' days of Lost Planet 2... sure would be nice if they brought that franchise back as it was in the first 2 games at some point...(pretend part 3 never happened)

On another note

^I didn't know the other character redesigns weren't going over well either.  There's also some missing details, btw (this guy mentions that in other recent videos).

but yeah, I definitely prefer the D3 version of the Necromancer by a longshot....in terms of the design....he looks similar to Kain from Blood Omen which is definitely alright with me since I envision the character (at least in D3) as a vampire that happens to have necromancy powers anyway.

On 8/31/2021 at 9:15 PM, Chadouken said:

Uh... So, The Last of Us 2. Yeah, what the fuck.

I hope we get to kill Abby, that fucking whore.

You will be surprised to know that TLOU2 features a poster with a bunch of metal bands:

109319537_3262829680440377_5420806713532

109285922_3262829870440358_3950550443326

The bands listed:

• Rotting Christ
  • Necromantia
  • Thou Art Lord
  • Arsis
  • Svierg
  • Varathron
  • Swamp
  • Zemial
  • Crucified Mortals
  • Horrendous
  • Soulskinner
  • Yamatu

the poster is based on the promo graphic for the album Grotesque Creation by Fetid Zombie.

Fetid-Zombie-Promo-Graphic-502x1000.jpg

Good underground bands featured there. And so, I must tag my fellow metalheads  @Camacho@Abbachio

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/07/16/the-last-of-us-part-ii-features-rotting-chris-arsis-horrendous-and-more/

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Have you player Sekiro? It's amazing,  My favorite From game.

Oh yeah I tried that at a friend's house some time ago; yeah it's definitely on my list of stuff to get.  This reminds me that when DSP played it...of course the results were golden 😆  Someone did a "This is how you don't play.." vid highlight reel off that, and it was non-stop hilarity.