Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

God damn, TLOU2. 

I was in the middle of killing all the fucks from Abby's crew in the TV station and when there was one dude left, he got on his knees and begged Ellie for mercy.

For like, one tenth of a second I considered it.  But then I went ahead and hacked him up with my machete like the piece of fucking shit he is.

I love this fucking game.

7 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

God damn, TLOU2. 

I was in the middle of killing all the fucks from Abby's crew in the TV station and when there was one dude left, he got on his knees and begged Ellie for mercy.

For like, one tenth of a second I considered it.  But then I went ahead and hacked him up with my machete like the piece of fucking shit he is.

I love this fucking game.

Ooooh you are almost at the good part!

42 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Kotaku has been a shit show lately. They tried to put other video game journalists sites on blasts for giving bad reviews of Far Cry 6 out of spite since Ubisoft told Kotaku to go fuck themselves and refused to give them a review copy. 

obviously, it didn’t work. Every site who they put on blast laughed it off while certain journalists  started bringing up various of Kotaku’s own shitty takes on a multitude of things

kotaku article in question 

Edited by iStu X

the first time i even knew about kotaku was back when anytime some random person in fgc did anything they were the first to report how the community was just a breeding ground for thugs and other undesirable elements and when people pointed out how they never seemed to report on the charity drives or how the community would come together and donate money when community members fall on hard time their response was basically "no one tells us about that"

notice how that shit stopped as soon as it became a bad look to punch down on minority groups.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I suspect Kotaku's staff is largely comprised of the sorts of people who imagine themselves in positions of power in an authoritarian government. 

Man, Nintendo needs to get Next Level Games on a new Mario Strikers. Game would sell like hot cakes on the Switch.

And why is Ranked mode pitting me with B- ranks when I'm a C scrub in Mario Golf: Super Rush? And is King Bob-omb OP or something because two dudes were using him and they did really freaking good. At least Ranked in this game is less stressful than Splatoon games. Ranked in Splatoon put me off on anything ranked in a Nintendo game. 

11 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Go work for Netherrealm studios.

MK music hasn't been memorable since MK 4.

You do know he tried to work for them and they rejected him right?

Edit: @DangerousJ

"Wasn't a fan of my music"  SMH...I KNOW KI was out by then so for anyone to have said that after that is still crazy to me.

Edited by Sonichuman
5 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Man, Nintendo needs to get Next Level Games on a new Mario Strikers. Game would sell like hot cakes on the Switch.

And why is Ranked mode pitting me with B- ranks when I'm a C scrub in Mario Golf: Super Rush? And is King Bob-omb OP or something because two dudes were using him and they did really freaking good. At least Ranked in this game is less stressful than Splatoon games. Ranked in Splatoon put me off on anything ranked in a Nintendo game. 

Ranked in Splatoon is cutthroat so I don't blame you.  That and you can't really communicate with people unless you're already in a group that adds to the frustration.  I'd like to hope that they'll improve for Splatoon 3 but I doubt it.

Edited by Sonichuman
15 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'd like to run thru Megaman 5 on GB, assuming it isn't already on the shop 

All 6 of the GB mega mans are on the Nintendo 3DS eShop for a few bucks each. 

5 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I'd play through 6 Golden Coins again.

Hell yeah. My favorite 2D Mario. 

6 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

And maybe the Final Fantasy Legend games.

All three of them are sold as a collection on the eShop. 

I listen to a podcast where one of the hosts does everything he can to call every game ever a metroidvania. 

Man has called darksouls a metroidvania.  If we're gonna do that, might as well throw Zelda BoTW in that bag too.

Also (partly cause he says they are, and I don't like him) I don't consider deadcells or rouge legacy "metroidvanias".

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

While I can't really explain the exact definition of Metroidvania, I know one when I see one, and when someone says a game is that type, I know exactly what they mean by it.

And I'm a sucker for em.

This.  I don't know why people started to hate it... just because the genre became popular?  Its a very easy way to tell what a game is gonna be like if you call it a metroidvania type game.

19 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

This.  I don't know why people started to hate it... just because the genre became popular?  Its a very easy way to tell what a game is gonna be like if you call it a metroidvania type game.

I think it's more of people labelling games that aren't Metroidvania's with the term. It's kind of soured the term as a descriptor for some gamers.

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

You do know he tried to work for them and they rejected him right?

Edit: @DangerousJ

"Wasn't a fan of my music"  SMH...I KNOW KI was out by then so for anyone to have said that after that is still crazy to me.

Seeing how the music on MK and Inj amounts to ambient noise, i pressume that even Enya and Era are too much for the person in charge of NRS music 🤣

12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I dont like it because I don't think it even describes it's own genre very well. Same for Rogue-Like. Crappy portmantaus that don't actually tell you much and is used as a broad sweep for far too large a swath of games by gamers and industry people as a whole. 

Imo. 

God yes. I’m so tired of XYZ Genre ROGUE-LIKE. Most games that claim their rogue-like aren’t really one or focus only on one aspect/or mechanic of the genre. 

I had the same issue with “X Genre(s) Metroidvaia!” When that was the hotness 3-5 years ago. 

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Edited by iStu X

1st Wii is hacked.

Now is the turn of the Wii Mini, which to do so, forced me to install linux, eww.

The good thing is that besides that, i had everything i needed for it, so hacking it wouldn't be difficult.

BTW, i wasn'0t aware that there was a revision of the older model that removed the gamecube controller ports and memory cards.

My brother was ready to purchase some extra controllers to use with that port before i stopped him.

He plans to use that Wii with his girlfriend, meanwhile i am gonna sell the hacked mini, at least it will give me enough money to purchase Melty Blood, lol.