Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

21 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Im so confused by this movie...I thought they had hired a black guy for Wesker but that Tweets saying its a white dude...Off to fuckin google.

https://ew.com/tv/resident-evil-live-action-series-reveal/

Yea Lance Reddick...The fuck is going on? Says Series in the article, is that Tweet not for this Series?

There are two separate things. First one is the  movie that’s based on the first two games and has that guy from Victorious playing Leon.

Second is the Netflix series that will be based on some Wesker children and Reddick will be playing him there.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Im so confused by this movie...I thought they had hired a black guy for Wesker but that Tweets saying its a white dude...Off to fuckin google.

https://ew.com/tv/resident-evil-live-action-series-reveal/

Yea Lance Reddick...The fuck is going on? Says Series in the article, is that Tweet not for this Series?

He was hired for the Netflix series about Wesker and his 2 daughters.

This is a different project.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

And now I'm checked out. The Leon thing had me on the fence. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. Leon looks like Carlos and Jill looks like Sheva. So what are Carlos and Sheva gonna look like?

All my friends and me have been joking that Leon looks like a goddamn mariguano (pothead) 🤣

I cant buy that dude becoming the suave Leon from 4 onwards.

13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

No voice acting, not even old voice clips? Game gonna feel kinsa lifeless 

The devs explained in a discord post that they were working with a tight budget for this game and adding voices would mean having less characters, stages, etc.  Even using archived clips would have costed them a pretty penny apparently. 

If I remember correctly, the last few Nick games had no voices as well.

Edited by BornWinner

Sony acquires new studio in Firesprite

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/sony-interactive-entertainment-acquires-firesprite

Apparently there might be a PVP Crash Bandicoot game in the works called Wumpa League?  apparently some influencers have been getting some stuff for Crash's 25th anniversary that seem to be hinting as such.

guess we'll find out tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Sony acquires new studio in Firesprite

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/sony-interactive-entertainment-acquires-firesprite

Apparently there might be a PVP Crash Bandicoot game in the works called Wumpa League?  apparently some influencers have been getting some stuff for Crash's 25th anniversary that seem to be hinting as such.

guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I would kill for the game to be a sequel of CTRNF.

Fucking... FUCK

TLOU 2 Spoilers

Spoiler

So I made it to the tall ass building with Abby and Lev and holy shit is that one of the best levels in the entire series. Creepy and tense as fuck, trying to find our way back down to the ground with a bunch of fucking zombies. Got me scared.

Abby's character is starting to develop and seem more human than I previously considered her. Don't get me wrong, I still fucking hate her, but she's shown some real growth helping those kids. 

Of course, that didn't stop me from making her ass fall off the skyscraper bridge and die a couple times on purpose. Her worst nightmare, too, being afraid of heights.

And she also got got by a shambler's acid explosion, but that was actually me fucking up. Still laughed at her tho.

ok yeah, in a game like that, the action will seem kind of stale without characters ever saying anything.

on the Resident Evil front... hilarious that the not-so-subtle agendas continue to be on full display in just about all facets of entertainment at this point.  It's disappointing but amusing at the same time.  Can't wait to see that future Netflix series adaptation of Final Fantasy VII where Sephiroth is played by Laurence Fishburne, with Zendaya as Cloud.

Netflix adaptation of Gears of War --> the role of Marcus Fenix will be played by Demi Lovato (she picked up some easy points last year for coming out as pansexual, see.), and naturally Dom is portrayed by Viola Davis.  Kait Diaz is now Lupita N'yongo... and Sgt. Hoffman is Queen Latifah.  Then we're set for Simon's Quest featuring Idris Elba as Simon Belmont.  Tiffany Haddish is Dracula, of course.

I did a deep dive into Orcs Must Die 3 for the last week or two and I have to say that this game fell really short of Orcs Must Die 2.  The game just feels empty and shallow compared to OMD2.  It's a shame they didn't put more effort into a more robust steam release, I'm hoping they port some of the content from OMD unchained over to this game, it would really help fill the game with some more variety.  

I tried a couple more games.  The first one is called Wobbledogs.  Fuckin' crafting animal raising game.  You raise dogs.  Dogs that mutate and do strange shit.  Its fuckin' weird but relaxing and fun.

AgQdGrm.png

spacer.png

Then I tried a game called Dream Cycle.  Its kind of cool.  Its a fps or tps action adventure game.  You get to choose before you start the campaign/story if you want to play in first person view or third person view.  I chose third person.  It just released in EA yesterday so its pretty barren but it has potential.  Its kinda boring as it is but I'm also still early in the game. 

kfFSrEl.png

HHxqVsH.png

spacer.png

Both on Steam...might be on other stuff.  Check'em out.

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

ok yeah, in a game like that, the action will seem kind of stale without characters ever saying anything.

on the Resident Evil front... hilarious that the not-so-subtle agendas continue to be on full display in just about all facets of entertainment at this point.  It's disappointing but amusing at the same time.  Can't wait to see that future Netflix series adaptation of Final Fantasy VII where Sephiroth is played by Laurence Fishburne, with Zendaya as Cloud.

Netflix adaptation of Gears of War --> the role of Marcus Fenix will be played by Demi Lovato (she picked up some easy points last year for coming out as pansexual, see.), and naturally Dom is portrayed by Viola Davis.  Kait Diaz is now Lupita N'yongo... and Sgt. Hoffman is Queen Latifah.  Then we're set for Simon's Quest featuring Idris Elba as Simon Belmont.  Tiffany Haddish is Dracula, of course.

You say all that but you act like Laurence Fishburne hamming that shit up in a wig or frosted tips wouldn't be the most hilarious shit ever, never mind the ocean of delicious salt from Sephiroth fans. Also don't know about you but I have no problem with Haddish playing Dracula provided the wardrobe is tailored to show off her 'strengths'.

The thing I'd get most excited about in he Sony Showcase today is if they show off PSVR2 and give it a launch date,

If they show God of War I'll also be pretty happy but it's expected at this point and I really don't need to see anything about the game.  I know I'm buying it day 1.

And I really hope we don't see more shit like Deathloop, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.  

Knights of the Old Republic remake is cool. 

I got mad God Eater vibes from Project Eve. 

And how dare Gearbox use one of my favorite Baby Metal songs to promote their garbage. 

wtf at this Isekai nonsense. 

ew. Tom Clancy garbage. 

Alan Wake remaster trailer. Woo

STOP PROMOTING GTAV GOD DAMN

Oh shit. Ghost Wire Tokyo is still a thing.

Guardians of the Galaxy story and gameplay stuff. Eh. 

some vampire game called blood hunt. Million will mark out. 

Death loop stuff. This game would be day 1 if it wasn’t for Bethesda. they’re a company I refuse to support. 

Wtf is this Nick Jr. ass looking ass game. 

The entire Uncharted series coming to PS5 and PC.

That dude talking just now made that seem like everything we just saw was a pre-show. 

Insomniac making a Wolverine game. Neat.

New Gran Turismo with organs that make it sound like we’re attending it’s funeral. oh shit, it’s seems open world and heavily customizable? That’s cool. Guess they’re finally taking notes from Forza. 

Spider-Man 2 with VENOM BOOIIIIIII coming 2023

Dad of War Ragnarok story and gameplay. still no release date. 

Edited by iStu X