Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Oh, I got Tales of Arise (on PC). Seems solid thus far. The production values are much higher than before. The PS4 era Tales games were essentially higher resolution PS3 games. Arise was clearly built with the PS4 as a baseline.

Side Note: I got the Ultimate Edition on PC for the price of the PS5 Deluxe Edition. I wasn't even going go above the standard edition but they got me with that discount.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Oh, I got Tales of Arise (on PC). Seems solid thus far. The production values are much higher than before. The PS4 era Tales games were essentially higher resolution PS3 games. Arise was clearly built with the PS4 as a baseline.

Side Note: I got the Ultimate Edition on PC for the price of the PS5 Deluxe Edition. I wasn't even going go above the standard edition but they got me with that discount.

I started it a bit earlier today.  Seems pretty cool so far and its damn pretty. 

I dunno...saying a game is pretty now is gettin' kind of - its a pointless way to judge a game.  Just about every game now is pretty...even when they're ugly.  Something like that...

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

It's time, folks... yesterday, she came back to us

https://youtu.be/fQQzo2Kxmdw <--review (not sure why youtube doesn't allow thumbnails on some videos; perhaps because that's a smaller channel?)

I posted the Steam page on Discord.  When you do that it embeds some shit with a description, a video and the price of the game.  I saws this - 3WnZb1T.png

I was like, wtf?  🤣

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
10 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

This has even bigger repercusions, since it opens the possibility of forcing stuff like consoles to open the doors to other store fronts.

I can see Apple going with an all or nothing approach when approving new apps. They need to use Apple's payment processor if they want in the app store. 

The idea of consoles having to open up sounds good to me. I know I want to be able to buy playstation digital games outside of the ps store

Crusin' Blast is currently an arcade game.  It is SUPER arcadey, more so the the OG Cruisin' games. You can do flips and stuff off the ridiculous jumps.  I remember playing it with my son like 2-3 years ago at Dave and Busters.   The company that makes it (Raw Thrills) makes a TON of arcade games and has been in the arcade game for a whilte.

You can checkout videos of it on YT from the arcade game that is currently out.  Not sure what is being added to it.  I'm not buying it day one probably, at least not before reading some reviews to see what kind of content it has.  I may wait until it's like $20 or something to grab it depending how much/little content it has.

I'm streaming and y'all know what that means.  Music and some video game menu.  Watch if you like.  Or dont.

https://www.twitch.tv/drizzt519

I tried out a game called Arboria the other day.  Its strange.  You play a troll and your kin are in trouble so you gotta do hero stuff.  Ugly mofos.  Its a third person action type rogue style game.  Its pretty fun so far.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, iStu X said:

ohooooo yeah this pile of shyte definitely deserves it.  I'm looking forward to this....

EDIT------Haha man I forgot the numbering of this damn franchise, actually... my ranting here is about the latest one, SCVI, not 5.  

This game so far has murdered the franchise for me.  I've never taken the time to enter a negative review of a game on the storefront....UNTIL this one.  For me, the customization mode was screwed up that bad with the constant load times tied to everything you do.  I still don't understand how this dude I know puts up with it; I guess he just likes creating characters so much that he tolerates the shit....but imagine...each time you change a character's shirt, or the colors on said shirt...the game has to load...every fuckin time.  Then on top of that...the whole thing just seems like yet another half-assed entry to the series, with bare minimum, unbelievably lazy production quality.  I think they were still using just regular pictures to tell story moments...something you might expect if this were a SNES/Genesis port of a 2d fighting game in 1993....shameful.  The flashy, over-the-top moves are cool though; that's definitely my thing...but that might be the only great thing about Soul Calibur at this point.  Outside of some miracle happening in development, I won't be buying another one.  Anyway, it's probably THE most regrettable purchase of the whole XB1 generation for me.  The level of disappointment here makes me want to punch things.

...but yeah, the people who worked on SC6... specifically the character creation mode---I would rather not play anything from them ever again unless they drastically improve.  It is astounding how fucked up that is, to have a game loading on every option the player selects.

Edited by MillionX
13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Rockstar:  *merely glances at the dislikes*...eh...they'll buy it anyway.

You know, i need to check if the sales of each version rival the previous one or if there is a decline.

Doing numbers some time ago, the number of people playing GTAO are a small minority of the sales of the game (less than 20% iirc), which leads me to believe that outside keeping the access of the game on newer consoles for the whales, the sales of this version probably wouldn't be that good, given that access to said consoles is still limited and most of the people who bought GTAV and don't play GTAO are already fedup of waiting for the newest game.

Edited by Hecatom

I remember this game interested me at the time....buttttt I was still too hooked on Unreal Championship 2 (oh yeah, and Phantom Dust was also my jam back then) back then to give it or anything else much of a fair chance 

heh, G4tv was on in those days, and I remember seeing coverage of it there and in the magazines.  

Edited by MillionX