Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Capcom on  a roll, I was completely against them milking RE4 yet again, especially when Code Veronica is right there, but after seeing gameplay they have justified the existence of this remake (and undercut tf outta Silent Hill too lol) 

HD-Man, I agree with you 100%. RE4 is my favorite but I wanted to them to do Code Veronica. To me that game is the RE game most deserving of a Remake. CV always seems like the actual RE3 to me. That said this RE4 Remake....damn man. They took RE4 and have seemingly fixed the issue most classic RE fans had with it. They made scarier/spookier. Almost like the first version of RE4 it had spookier aesthetic.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

September NPD 2022 numbers are out

Highlights:  Sony completely took over hardware wise for the previous month.  This appears to be due to the better availability.  This makes the 2nd month in a row that it booted Switch out of top spot so gotta be doing something right in terms of supply...This is before God of War is out mind you so it has a really high chance of holding onto this spot until the end of the year but then again..Kratos has to fight Pokemon that month so we'll see.  6 new releases manage to chart top 10, 2 of the games in question were Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle and TMNT:The Cowabunga Collection.  Splatoon 3 was also among the new releases that charted for the month and took over the Switch charts but just couldn't overcome a wall of sports titles to take the top spot.  Also in a bit of surprise...TMNT charted no.2 on Switch charts and JoJo actually just charted on the Switch charts as well, making both games among some of the few 3rd party titles released on the platform to actually chart.

Hardware: Sony was no.1 in both units sold and dollar sales.  Switch came 2nd in unit sales and Xbox series came up 2nd in dollar sales.

Top 20: FIFA 23, Dat Madden 23, NBA 2K23, Splatoon 3, Last of Us Part 1 (yyyyyup...this was one of the 6 releases that charted, people say this didn't need to get remade but this shows that people were more than willing to drop 70 bucks on a remake of a game that hadn't been out for 10 years), TMNT: TCC, Saints Row (people were down on this game but it didn't drop nearly as fast as expected from last month..we'll see where it is next month), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: ASB, Elden Ring (looks like this title's sales are starting to fade after being top 5 for so long...I don't expect it to completely fall off the charts probably until next year...depending on whenever that DLC happens), MK8D, Minecraft, Marvel's Spider-Man, Leog Star Wars: TSS, Smash Ult, CoD Blops CW, Horizon FW, CoD Vangaurd, Ass Creed Valhalla, MLB The Show, DBZ Kakarot (....???? This game was 39 last month apparently so not sure exactly what is bringing this back up, maybe the season 2 dlc being announced?  Kinda doubut it though)

Top 20 YTD: Elden Ring, Lego Star Wars: TSS, Dat Madden 23, PL: Arceus, Horizon FW, MLB The Show 22, CoD Vanguard, Gran Turismo 7, Kirby and the FL, MK8D, FIFA 23 ( The only title out of the 6 new ones to chart on this list), Minecraft, Nintendo Switch Sports, Dat Madden 22, Saints Row, FIFA 22, Smash Ult, Miles Morales, AC:NH, MH: Rise

Top 10 Rolling 12 months:  Elden Ring, CoD Vanguard, Lego Star Wars: TSS, Pokemon BD/SP, Battlefield  2042, Dat Madden 23, Far Cry 6, Dat Madden 22, PL: Arceus, Horizon FW

Top 10 Switch: Splatoon 3, TMNT: TCC, MK8D, Smash Ult,Kirby and the FL, AC:NH, Nintendo Switch Sports, PL Arceus, LoZ: BotW, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: ASB

Top 10 Playstation: FIFA 23, Dat Madden 23, NBA 2K23, Last of Us Part 1, Saints Row, TMNT TCC, Elden Ring, Horizon FW, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: ASB, Gran Turismo 7

Top 10 Xbox:  Dat Madden 23, FIFA 23, NBA 2K23, Saints Row, Elden Ring, Jojo's Bizarre Adventre ASB, TMNT: TCC, CoD Blops CW, Ass Creed Valhalla, CoD: Vanguard

Extra

I've been watching/listening to this video for the past half hour and its pretty good so far.  There's quite a few things I was not aware of leading up to the launch of this game including the situation with the QA team.

It's an up and coming guy that came across my feed and I took a chance on watching something and thought he was pretty good.  I don't even remember CDPR mentioning that this game would have multiplayer so when he brought it up in the video, I had a good laugh.

18 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

As you can guess...if you look through the comments you're going to see a bunch of people who aren't going to take accountability and hold the L.  Just admit you were wrong, LEARN FROM IT, and keep it moving.  It's really not that hard.

lol , what is this supposed to mean exactly so she lied or P* lied? i've been so uninterested on this to be honest since i never really cared about the game.

Oh... well I should've expected it but apparently the "Rot Breath" is one of the few things that actually did get toned down in the recent Elden Ring patch 😞 

BUT---- Reduvia blade got buffed?!? ...even though it's already pretty ridiculous, imo?!  My main character was already using that so you know I'm going to lean into using it that much more now.

D3--I might actually finish all the challenges this season; that will be only the 2nd time, but yeah this season is another good one....I've acquired several of the angelic crucibles and petrified scream items, and I'm continuing to push further in the Greater Rifts.  ...it's unlikely I will ever get tired of this game.  I've lost count of how many characters I've created at this point, in what's now well over 1200+ hours at least (*and that's a "low" estimation of how much I've played this game; XB somehow lost track of the total playtime stat but last I remember when it was correct... that version was at 800+ hours played, and I still alternate between it and the Switch version...and there was however long I spent on PS3 and the shitty pc version.)

Man the Royal Revenants in Elden Ring are some of the absolute worst enemies in any game I've ever played. What a stupid ass design where the only way to fight it reliably is with very specific heal spells otherwise its basically luck. These dumbass things are harder then Radahn. 

Fucking stupid. Nerf this piece of shit enemy Fromsoft. Ridiculous.

Edited by RSG3
23 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Man the Royal Revenants in Elden Ring are some of the absolute worst enemies in any game I've ever played. What a stupid ass design where the only way to fight it reliably is with very specific heal spells otherwise its basically luck. These dumbass things are harder then Radahn. 

Fucking stupid. Nerf this piece of shit enemy Fromsoft. Ridiculous.

Don't know if I've fought one yet. I just made it to the Volcano Keep earlier tonight. I had taken a break for a few weeks when new Destiny shit dropped, but now I'm back in it with ER. Fucking game is so sick.

Is Radahn the big dude on the beach in Caelid? I beat that fucker.

Edited by Chadouken

Royal Revenants----Ohhhh I had to look it up since I didn't remember at first... yeah I fought that 1 at Liurnia Lake, and fortunately that was the only time I ran into one for the rest of that first time through the game.  I don't even remember if I defeated it or just ran away....I probably just ran because it can kill you in literally 2 seconds or less.