Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Btw, been trying to figure out if there are going to be any coop or head to head online modes in 3 like there were in 2 but haven't been able to find anything in that regard? Have they said anything about that at all?

Not that I know of.

The only thing I know is that the official Nintendo page says that it will have online support, but nothing beyond that.

Aerith has always been one of if not my least favorite character of any Final Fantasy. And maybe of any rpg I’ve played. She was boring, generic, came across as really whiny, just not a fun or enjoyable character to follow what so ever. I was super happy when she died in the original. 

this remake makes me want to protect her with every fiber of my being. She’s so cute, charming, funny, witty, scrappy, soft but stern.  Everything the original tried to do but absolutely failed miserably at. 

I hate how much I’m loving FF7R

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

How Squee turned Aerith from one of the most bland, generic yet exceedingly annoying characters into a scrappy, funny, soft hearted but stern, sweet baby I want to protect with my life is something I’ll never be able to figure it out. But god dammit they did. 

She was close to that on the og game, is just that the translation butchered her character.

A lot of the chars had similar issues, but she was hit the hardest from the cast in that regard.

Unable to open the last page on my phone, so sorry if I am reposting something. Callisto Protocol will not be releasing in Japan due to the violence in the game.

Cero (Japan’s rating system for games) is very particular about decapitations and games featuring them in graphic detail will go unreleased in Japan. Resident Evil is famously censored in Japanese releases so it can be sold there.

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Who's getting Bayo3 tomorrow?

I was going to get it, but I got caught up playing Control. I’ve had this game for awhile and finally gave it a shot. I wish I had gotten into this earlier. So far I’ve been enjoying the mix of gunplay and psychic powers. After Control, God of War is next. Still, I’ll probably pick up Bayo 3 in the meantime just to support the game. I honestly don’t know which game to play after God of War: Bayo 3, Nier or giving Sekiro another shot. I loved the stealth of Sekiro but couldn’t click with the parrying. 

I’m also debating wrapping up more side quests in Xenoblade 3 or starting Xenoblade 1 or 2 since I enjoyed 3 so much. 

Edited by JGreen
29 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I've been hearing fantastic things about Tactics Ogre Reborne. Coffee Potato on YT is a great source of info and hands on impressions. He basically says it will be near impossible to go back to earlier versions. 

I've heard similar things else where. So I may have to pick it up for Switch. It seems like they make changes to every version of it. From what I'm hearing they've made the AI is smarter in Reborn and you can only get a few levels above the opposition. So I'm guessing the game will be more difficult than previous renditions of Tactics Ogre.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Extra

Edit:  Disappointing about the performance, but it sounds like Platinum didn't want to to cut some things to make the 60fps more consistent.  And despite this most people including DF are saying its noticeable but the game is still amazing.  Maybe Platinum might patch it further down the line to get the stability up but I think more likely they'll just enhance port up to the next Nintendo platform.  

Pretty much after LoZ TotK I'm expecting Nintendo to start winding down on Switch within the next 2 years.  At this point I'm expecting Prime 4 to either signal the end of Switch, the beginning of the new platform, or both.

Edited by Sonichuman

Played around an hour and half. Games bonkers. Lot of changes but so far like them all, some I even really love. It's pretty easy to tell a ton of love went into this game. Bayonetta has long and unique end attack animations for every single move she does it seems. From a simple punch to a long string she has a really long and flourishing (and cancelable, don't panic) animation to it. I really like it.

Have to take a break tho. Real life beckons, unfortunately. 

Edited by RSG3

So much gaming to get to... of course I'm picking up Bayonetta 3 asap... likely tomorrow, though I'm still currently hooked on the latest Diablo season... I'm up to paragon level 508 at this point, just finishing GR 86 easily with this godlike Necro Rathma build... I hit a monster for 6 trillion damage earlier today on a critical.

Then of course I'm still trying to make time for various other things like Textorcist and very soon that Cult of the Lamb game---it's currently on sale for 20-something on eShop and Steam.  I also noticed one of the Senran Kagura games on sale currently on eShop, so there's that too.

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

We went around the french quarter a little bit last night.  Night time seems lit here at night every night.  Bourbon street is on the to do list.

It is. First time I went to Bourbon Street it was raining on a Tuesday night. Some random girl walks to up to me when I was getting drinks from the bar.

Girl: "Have you seen my boobs yet?"

Darc: "No."

Girl:  Pulls up her shirt before her friend drags her away. 

Darc: 😃

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It is. First time I went to Bourbon Street it was raining on a Tuesday night. Some random girl walks to up to me when I was getting drinks from the bar.

Girl: "Have you seen my boobs yet?"

Darc: "No."

Girl:  Pulls up her shirt before her friend drags her away. 

Darc: 😃

Oh man...this is gonna be fun with my wife around lol.

6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I've been hearing fantastic things about Tactics Ogre Reborne. Coffee Potato on YT is a great source of info and hands on impressions. He basically says it will be near impossible to go back to earlier versions. 

I will check that out.  I loved Tactics Ogre: A Night of Lodis on GBA.  That game had ridiculous end game builds like Angel Knight and Lich.  Lich was actually stupid because even if it was "killed" in a couple of turns it would just get back up and start wrecking again.