Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

fan-made port of Streets of Rage 2 to modern platforms.

We ported SOR2 manually via reverse engineering to create the best version of the game ever!
Use the full power of modern technologies without emulation.
Version 2.0 comes with:

• Classic mode - a true recreation of the original game.
  • 30th Anniversary mode - an enhanced version of the game in widescreen, fluid controls and countless bugfixes.
  • Local and online multiplayer - up to 4 players.
  • Built-in speedrun time splits and game replays.
  • A couple surprises that you unlock by completing achievements.

Planned for next version is customization capabilities for you to create your own Streets of Rage game, with custom characters and levels in HD.

Edited by AriesWarlock
36 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Dream studio to do it, go!

I have to think about this...lol

Thinking on this...I don't think I have a SINGLE dream studio that I think could make this game amazing at the moment.   I'm currently imagining a 3rd person action third person shooter with optional stealth mechanics.  The gunplay and the hand to hand combat would have to be on point and it'd have to be fluid.  As iffy as people are regarding Ubisoft, I feel the teams behind Splinter Cell could make it work.  I keep thinking about how efficient John Wick is with his shots and my mind keeps coming back to Splinter Cell Conviction.  Only issue is of course is Ubisoft haven't made a Splinter Cell in years and if I could choose for someone else to do it who I had similar confidence in I'd easily choose them.

The other company I think could probably do it but would be highly unlikely would be Naughty Dog.  Tone down some of the wilder things of Uncharted like swinging around and make the hand to hand more deep and interactive and we'd be pretty close to it.

As Stu mentioned, IO probably would be a pretty good candidate since they'd have the optional stealth down...I just don't know if they'd get the Hand to Hand where it needs to be.

Maybe needs to be joint collab...maybe get the Splinter Cell Team or Naughty Dog do the environments and the gunplay and get Sloclap  (Sifu) to work on the hand to hand.

Kojima has been parrying ridiculously high offers to buy his studio

https://www.ign.com/articles/hideo-kojima-every-day-i-am-approached-by-ridiculous-offers-to-buy-our-studio

On episode #10 on his Spotify podcast, Brain Structure, Kojima says, "We are indies, we have no affiliations whatsoever and are not backed by anyone, and are on good terms with everybody in the industry.”

He continues, “Every day I am approached by offers from all over the world to buy our studio. Some of those offers are ridiculously high prices but it's not that I want money. I want to make what I want to make. That's why I created this studio. So as long as I'm alive, I don't think I'll ever accept those offers.”

Why do I feel like one of them was M$?

Diablo 3--- just beat GR 102 easily since I made a slight change to my Rathma build... I forgot about adding the "Fate's Vow" helm into the cube for a little more damage on the Army of the Dead ability... I also found a better amulet so that was another upgrade there.  The payout this far into the greater rifts is so insane... 102 gave me 42 billion xp and 29 million gold. (my character currently sits on a fortune of 414 million gold)...and I just hit paragon level 700....that's more paragon levels that I even have in my "off-season" characters on Switch, actually, so this will be quite a bump when the current season ends.  I still haven't even tried the new Trag'Oul set build yet....this Rathma build is goddamn incredible.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, axeman61 said:

Skill Up's GOW review reveals something I didn't know, even with no spoilers: They're concluding this particular saga with this game.

I'm mixed about that. Can't believe I'm even saying this, but I would have had no problem with them stretching things into another game. Feels like a tall order to finish this story out with just one more. If they go out with a bang though, that's awesome.

First and foremost, tell a story. Three acts may just not be it this time. , 

Since I have Gamepass, I decided to start Sunset Overdrive.

From what I heard is a good game that sadly got overlooked because it was an xbox exclusive at the time that the lolbox was failing to gain traction and that at the time not many xbox players were willing to give it a try (allegedly)

Some people say that it was like a prototype of what Imsoniac would do later on the Spidey games.

Edit

Ok...

I wasn't aware that this was a "zombie" game lol

Edit 2

This game so far is very fun, it seems that has a lot of potential.

One thing though, dunno why is it, but the game kinda feels like a game that is between the ps3/xb360 and the ps4/xbone era.

In that regard it pales with what Sucker Punch did with Infamous 2nd Son when it launched, but it makes up to it with the punk/comic aesthetic that is going for stylization

Edited by Hecatom

Yeah Sunset Overdrive was a good time; I got that version of XB1 that came with it included.  I wish the customization was more detailed though.  It was close but slightly missing the mark of what I enjoy for customization.  It was also one of the first games I saw that truly looked "next-gen" at the time.. like visuals that would not really be possible (while running well) on 360.  

*I started "Cult of the Lamb" yesterday for a few minutes; already acquired the first follower in my cult.  You can choose their form and rename them upon "conversion" into your cult as well.

16 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

some bomb rush cyberfunk footage yall.

hope wheelchair dlc drops soon after game release

Im sad that shit got delayed until summer of next year.  Not that long to wait but I was lookin' forward to it. 

I got this other game I think the same person(s) made.  Its called Butterflies or some shit.

edit - not made by the same people or person but same kinda fuckin' game.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Ok, so far, I say that Sunset Overdrive is a hidden gem on the xbone.

Kind of sad that it was ignored due being a xbone exclusive/is an exclusive to the xbone.

It would be interesting to see what Imsomniac could do with the series with their current experience and tech.

It also manages to do what the latest saints row failed to do, make hipsters interesting to interact, lol.

BTW, I read that on the SR game, the goal was to try to make chars you wanted to hang out, like, my dude, you are making a game about criminals, that shouldn't be the goal at all, lol, also, they failed miserably.

FFXVI will be 6 month exclusivity deal with PS5

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-16-is-according-to-a-playstation-5-ad-exclusive-to-ps5-for-six-months

Will be on PC and Xbox series systems after

Gears of War movie finally happening along with Adult animated series, Netflix scoops

https://www.ign.com/articles/gears-of-war-movie-announced-on-netflix-alongside-adult-animated-series

Coalition will be involved...how much involved though is anybody's guess.

CoD MW 2 2022 passes 1 Billion in sales faster than any game in the franchise

https://www.ign.com/articles/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-crosses-1-billion-in-sales-faster-than-any-game-in-the-franchise

29 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

That must be an Intergrade exclusive costume since I do no remember that.

Nah, you have 3 choices for chapter nine

This depends of your asnwer to her on chapter 3 about what to wear.

Something mature is the purple mini dress, something sporty is the quipao dress and something exotic is the solid black kimono

jlee_210406_1001_tifadress.jpg

Everyone has 3 dresses

Cloud depends of side quests completed and which sidequests you completed plus some dialogue options

jlee_210406_1001_clouddress.jpg

and Aerith depends of the number of sidequests you completed in chapter 8

jlee_210406_1001_aerithdress.jpg

0-2, the simple pink one

3-5, the longer pink dress

all the sidequests, the red one.

Edited by Hecatom