Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Man that Genesis version of Tetris is ugly. I didn't know that was the version they put out on that system because it was included with this multicade cabinet I got for Christmas year before last so I assumed it was some random arcade version. Even the old arcade version with the dancing Russians looks better than this.

Adam Sandler Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Edited by DoctaMario
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

That must be an Intergrade exclusive costume since I do no remember that.

In the tweet discussing the possible options, it first mentioned that the team had a lot of ideas. A Chocobo bikini and maid outfit were two mentioned. However, developers insisted that Tifa’s hair be in buns should she wear the sporty cheongsam dress in FFVII Remake.

As a reminder, Tifa could wear three outfits to Don Corneo’s mansion. In addition to the “sporty” cheongsam, there is an “exotic” kimono and a “mature” evening gown.

Edited by AriesWarlock

So now in Diablo... the adventures of my new crusader "Dookor" have begun.  It was another super-fast powerlevel of course; got him to 70 in around an hour or so.  It's been a long time since I've played this character class (years) so it's *almost* like playing a whole new thing again.  It's surprising just how strong you can make a non-set item character thanks to that Legacy gem, but I'm still looking forward to getting probably the full Aegis of Valor set asap; I've never used that one.  *Unfortunately there's not a lot of options customization-wise to make your character look like an actual shit-creature, so I'll have to make due with the brown and black dyes and certain ugly armors.

Monster Hunter Mobile game announced

https://www.ign.com/articles/monster-hunter-mobile-game-capcom-tencent

throw up jim carrey GIF

Nintendo and DeNa have announced a joint venture called Nintendo Systems

https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-and-mobile-company-dena-establish-a-joint-venture-company-called-nintendo-systems

Nintendo announced the news as part of its Fiscal Year Ending March 2023 Six Months Earnings Release, and has stated the purpose of this new company will be for "research and development, as well as operations to strengthen the digitalization of Nintendo’s business, in addition to the creation of value-added services."

Santa Monica Studios strongly encourages you to download the day 1 patch before playing Dad of War Ragnarok

https://www.ign.com/articles/god-of-war-ragnarok-day-1-patch

EA retiring Project Cars, says that the people effected will be moved to other places to focus on other projects

https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-ending-project-cars-series

Pretty much sounds like Slightly Mad Studios is going to be a shadow of its former self if it survives in any capacity at all and then put as a support studio.  It doesn't say this exactly but I'm getting  Activision Playbook vibes from this.

Death Stranding has crossed 10 mill players as it gets to its 3rd anniversary

https://www.ign.com/articles/death-stranding-crosses-10-million-players-as-it-celebrates-its-third-anniversary

Overwatch 2 has had 25 mill players play it in the first 10 days, reached 35 mil within the first month

https://www.ign.com/articles/overwatch-2-has-reached-over-25-million-players-in-its-first-10-days-35-million-in-its-first-month

There was a person who took the time to restore Chrono Trigger/Radical Dreamer's OST using the original samples...unfortunately his google account got hacked and he's having a bit of difficulty.  Luckily enough he showed up in a thread on Resetera and put a link to a back up Google Drive with it for those who might be interested in listening to it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DPlrpgm45zRt-1rfZAt9txqMVQQ7WB7f

His post from resetera

Hi everyone, it took some time to get this account approved but I wanted to thank you for your outpouring of support. The drive links are good, but as soon as I regained access to my YouTube channel, I was removed again. I believe YouTube is still working on it and I hope to be back soon! In the meantime I do know people were looking for the other soundtracks. Here is a backup drive that has all the Synthetic Origin albums uploaded. (Please be kind to my backup account drive, I don't know how long it will last 🙂 )

The Albums here are FF4 (this is not a restoration album, its purpose was to mimic the style that Nobuo Uematsu used in his FF4 arrangements on his album "Final Fantasy Mix" and FF4 Minimum. I basically wondered what the rest of the soundtrack would have sounded like in the same style). FF5, FF6 and CT/RD are there.

Please enjoy. 🙂

Nintendo has dropped it's 6 month earnings

https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-switch-sales-cross-114-million-mario-kart-8-deluxe-nears-50-million-units-sold

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/221108_8e.pdf

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/management/index.html

Nintendo Switch hardware is now at 114.33 mill.  Platform is still behind Gameboy and Gameboy color 118.69,  DS at 154.02 Mill and PS2 sitting at 155 mill.    GB and GBC will probably get passed but don't know if it'll reach close to DS or PS2.  Nintendo had to drop their forecast by about 2 mil for this fiscal.

Recent game sales have PL: Arceus at 13.91 mil, Mario Party Superstarts at 8.07 mill, Splatoon 3 at 7.9 mill, Nintendo Switch Sports at 6.15 mill, Kirby and the FL at 5.27 mill, Mario Strikers Battle League at 2.17 Mill, and XBC 3 at 1.72 mill.  Kirby and the FL is apparently now the highest selling Kirby game in the franchise.

Top 10 1st party Switch games:  MK8D at 48.41 Mill, AC: NH at 40.17 mill, Smash Ult at 29.53 mill, LoZ BotW 27.79 mill, Pokemon Sw/Sh 25.37 mill, SMO 24.40 mill, Super Mario Party 18.35 mill, Pokemon BD/SP 14.92 mill, Ring Fit Adventure 14.87 mill, and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee @ 14.81 mill.

A 2D Dark Souls Game Was Pitched In 2016, And It Looked Badass

Bandai Namco passed on the idea

Earlier today, artist Thomas Feichtmeir dropped an interesting piece of news on his Twitter feed: back in 2016 he was part of a pitch that wanted to reimagine Dark Souls 3 (or at least its world) as a 2D Metroidvania game.

With an NDA he signed over the project now expired, he was for the first time in six years allowed to talk about—and share a single image—of what the project could have looked like.

36 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

A 2D Dark Souls Game Was Pitched In 2016, And It Looked Badass

Bandai Namco passed on the idea

Earlier today, artist Thomas Feichtmeir dropped an interesting piece of news on his Twitter feed: back in 2016 he was part of a pitch that wanted to reimagine Dark Souls 3 (or at least its world) as a 2D Metroidvania game.

With an NDA he signed over the project now expired, he was for the first time in six years allowed to talk about—and share a single image—of what the project could have looked like.

Vigil: The Longest Night is basically a 2d souls game, but some of the screen caps in that thread make me think I need to check into Blasphemous.

23 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I have started my Bayo 3 file and of course Bayo always comes out of the gate on 1000 with the first level.  I am beyond rusty but I'm sure things will come back as I play and experiment.

The camera needs some work in this game, there's a lot of off screen enemy attacks. Be prepared lol

Edited by DoctaMario

feel attacked and I'm sure that there are plenty of other people who are going to relate as well

🤣

Glad I finished all those games before getting Ragnarok (at least the ones that I actually bought in that list). I plat Forbidden West so we are good to go and I've unlocked everything (combat oriented) in Bayonetta 3. 

slight spoilery...I had to stop halfway through when he started talking about stuff that happened in the story so I don't know how far he goes with it.  Sounds like he was kind of down on the game from what I've heard up to that point.

Down on the story, the combat is pretty awesome (when the camera doesn't fight you). His final comment is exactly how I feel about it; "I rank Bayonetta 3 third place out of all the Bayonettas". 

I kind of appreciate how it uses DMC as a rival game. It doesn't surprise me that DMC5 > Bayonetta 3. While the combat is something solid, the story is pretty weak. I actively try to skip every cutscene of Bayo3. Bayonetta 2 is easily the series' peak. 

EDIT - 

Ragnarok is upon us. I am certain it's gonna be a great experience and I expect to shed many tears this weekend. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
On 11/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, Sonichuman said:

I have started my Bayo 3 file and of course Bayo always comes out of the gate on 1000 with the first level.  I am beyond rusty but I'm sure things will come back as I play and experiment.

I had actually gotten better at the game or so I thought. I had started getting some gold and platinum medals when replaying levels. I hadn't played in few days and I went back to unlock some more stuff. Got nothing but silvers last night 😑

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I had actually gotten better at the game or so I thought. I had started getting some gold and platinum medals when replaying levels. I hadn't played in few days and I went back to unlock some more stuff. Got nothing but silvers last night 😑

I actually got 2-3 pure platinums and I believe 2 reg platinums but the majority has been golds and silvers so far.    It was definitely hard to see at first with how far they have the camera pulled in but I get the reason why it needs to be that way and I seem to be adjusting accordingly.  One of the things I like about the game is that encourages you to use Demon Slave but you do better when you find a way to do both.  I actually just started unlocking stuff in the skill tree and starting to get use to working in tandem with demon slave and I'm liking that you can kind of queue moves for the demon to do and then move independently. 

25 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I actually got 2-3 pure platinums and I believe 2 reg platinums but the majority has been golds and silvers so far.    It was definitely hard to see at first with how far they have the camera pulled in but I get the reason why it needs to be that way and I seem to be adjusting accordingly.  One of the things I like about the game is that encourages you to use Demon Slave but you do better when you find a way to do both.  I actually just started unlocking stuff in the skill tree and starting to get use to working in tandem with demon slave and I'm liking that you can kind of queue moves for the demon to do and then move independently. 

As long as you aren't hearing "The shadow remains cast!" you are doing well enough. Bayonetta is one of the few games out there, that I'll still try to go back and get better at. Most games, once I finish them, I move on to something else. I try, in vain, to get through the my backlog. Which wouldn't be so bad if A) I didn't like RPGS and B)I didn't like replaying RPGs. 

I finished Bayo 3 the night before

I definitely think combat-wise it's far better than 2, but I'm not sure if I like it better than 1 yet or not. I'll probably replay 1 and see how I feel about it since it's been awhile. 2 has a lot of content and is a good game, but the combat is just too "mash & win!" for my taste, while 3 feels like a good sweet spot between 1 & 2. I like some of the other weapons you can unlock and the Demon/Wink Slave system adds something to it, but in all, I don't enjoy controlling the demons as much as I like just fighting it out as Bayo or Viola.

Speaking of Viola, she's gonna be a BEAST once people start pushing the limits of her combat. You can guard cancel pretty much any of her moves and it speeds her up pretty drastically.

Story-wise it was what it was. I don't really play these games for the story but I didn't hate the ending and while I somewhat understand why some are upset about it, it gets a big Kanye shrug from me.

Still a very solid game and I think I like it better than 2 overall as it feels like more of a continuation whereas to me Bayo2 felt more like Bayo 1.5.

3 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Ive been playing it (Ghost Song).  Its pretty cool so far.  It feels like standard metroidvania fare I suppose.  Its pretty and the controls are ok.  The story is...not much to it yet.  I dont want to say much cause I dont like to spoil.  Its worth a purchase I say.

spacer.png

Tunic is also pretty good.

Yeah I'm thinking if I do play Tunic, might as well get it on PS5 just due to the performance.  Did you play on Switch or elsewhere?

5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I definitely think combat-wise it's far better than 2, but I'm not sure if I like it better than 1 yet or not. I'll probably replay 1 and see how I feel about it since it's been awhile. 2 has a lot of content and is a good game, but the combat is just too "mash & win!" for my taste, while 3 feels like a good sweet spot between 1 & 2. I like some of the other weapons you can unlock and the Demon/Wink Slave system adds something to it, but in all, I don't enjoy controlling the demons as much as I like just fighting it out as Bayo or Viola.

Speaking of Viola, she's gonna be a BEAST once people start pushing the limits of her combat. You can guard cancel pretty much any of her moves and it speeds her up pretty drastically.

Story-wise it was what it was. I don't really play these games for the story but I didn't hate the ending and while I somewhat understand why some are upset about it, it gets a big Kanye shrug from me.

Still a very solid game and I think I like it better than 2 overall as it feels like more of a continuation whereas to me Bayo2 felt more like Bayo 1.5.

Yes but what what does @Daemosthink? Because according to Polygon the game isn't for any of us 🙃 

As for the game itself. I did the worst with Viola just because I'm so conditioned to think dodge=witch time. I had to keep remembering parry=witch time. She's really fun to play though. I see myself messing around with Bayo 3 for a while. There is a lot of meat on the bone when it comes to combat. 

I play on PC.  I'd go for PS5 version if its between that and switch. 

I tried out that UE5 tech demo thing.  Its Superman flying around a big city.  It ran really good and it looks freakin' awesome.  Cant wait till we start gettin' more UE5 games. 

spacer.png

Any of you playing The Chant?  Are you liking it?

77SNH1a.png

Its kinda cool I think but its not all that scary.  Freakin' crazy hippies.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yes but what what does @Daemosthink? Because according to Polygon the game isn't for any of us 🙃 

As for the game itself. I did the worst with Viola just because I'm so conditioned to think dodge=witch time. I had to keep remembering parry=witch time. She's really fun to play though. I see myself messing around with Bayo 3 for a while. There is a lot of meat on the bone when it comes to combat. 

I think I actually had more fun with Viola in my first run than with Bayo because the only weapons I had for the longest time were the G Pillar which I didn't care for much, and her guns, which is what I used before i realized I'd unlocked the Yoyos which are my favorites lol, I really need to unlock the rest of her stuff though

I keep hoping they'll add something like Tag Climax or some kind of co-op/vs mode, but I'm not sure what if anything they're going to be doing as far as DLC is concerned.

Edited by DoctaMario
11 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You know, something that I have noticed when playing Bayo3 and replaying the older games in preparation, is that why I fucking love the series, the Itsuno DMC games edge them in how I enjoy them in terms of gameplay; not by much, but noticeable enough to make me wonder if others here feel the same way; I think that when it comes  to spectacle Bayo manages to top DMC though, at least in the sense of scale of the feats.

In terms of gameplay, I am with you that Bayo3 manages to be on a sweet spot between 1 and 2 for me as well.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You know, something that I have noticed when playing Bayo3 and replaying the older games in preparation, is that why I fucking love the series, the Itsuno DMC games edge them in how I enjoy them in terms of gameplay; not by much, but noticeable enough to make me wonder if others here feel the same way; I think that when it comes  to spectacle Bayo manages to top DMC though, at least in the sense of scale of the feats.

In terms of gameplay, I am with you that Bayo3 manages to be on a sweet spot between 1 and 2 for me as well.

DMC is a little more "hardcore" I guess in that stuff just doesn't happen automatically by virtue of you just pressing buttons, but I see Bayo more like Marvel in that while you can do some good stuff with very simple button presses, going beyond that, the game has a pretty high skill ceiling, especially Bayo1. But like you said, every Bayo game is a fucking RIDE much moreso than DMC and if I'm being honest, I like the characters in Bayo more than I do the DMC cast.

Still, I think DMC3 and Bayo1 are amazing games and I'm not sure they've been topped in my mind, but I'm willing to be convinced.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Haven't played 2 or 3, but I've always felt that the often repeated claim that Bayonetta has better gameplay than DMC3 (or now 5, for that matter) was dubious at best. Hell, I'll go even further and say that I prefer DmC's combat to it (especially the Vergil content). Bayonetta's combat is too focused on the weaves providing most of your damage, so much so that trying for stylish combos felt pointless. I also don't like the torture move mechanics that require you to beat the shit out of your controller- always reminds me of the countless controllers ruined by Mario Party. Witch time as the "issen" mechanic is cool, and I appreciate that the game gives you 46000421 options, but it just never felt as good as DMC to me. 

So for Bayonetta 3 im still digesting the game as well, but i think it comes really close to Bayonetta 1 for me if not surpassing it (this will depend on how i feel replaying it a bunch since they are supposed to be played that way i cant manufacture hours of play lol), but its also really different from 1 & 2 in a lot of really key ways that makes it easy for me to see one prefering Bayonetta 1 over it.

There are a number of core changes to combat that i like and one or two I dislike, tho i understand why they changed the things is dislike, it makes sense and is probably for the best. For example the Magic Meter is way less of a resource meter then it used to be. You almost exclusivity use magic to summon your Demons, there's a couple accessories that use magic and thats mostly it. The command Wicked Weaves are free now. While i really like the Magic Meter being more of a resource meter then a Summon Monster meter, I get why the change was made because the Summons are expensive and working in tandem with them is the bread and butter of this games combat. So its a good change, I just like the resource managment. They've also cut some of the more unique moves from Bayonettas kit, or simplified them. Her breakdance is gone and the moves tied to it are now 360 commands locked to specific weapons. That sucks a little. Not a big deal tho.

I also haven't seen too many people mention this so maybe its just me, but the Humonculous enemy designs are the blandest I've seen in an action game in a really long time, and i think it actually makes combat harder then it typically is from a visual standpoint. Its really hard to tell a  lot of these enemy types apart in the heat of combat like the basic dudes with the swords, spears and bows all use the same base model and when there is a bunch of them they sure bleed together. Makes it hard to read the field. And then some of the bigger ones just kinda look the same as eachother so its tough to tell who is spawning in and what you should strategizing for the fight i guess to say. My point is they all kinda bleed together and thats lame. Its especially glaring when you do an Angel or Demon Verse and fight stuff from Bayo 1, 2 & 3 and they all still stand out excellently and even still feel fresh and unique.

On the plus side i think Combats been greatly expanded in a lot of really interesting and fun ways. The Demon Masqurade System is super fun, its the DMC1 DT System but its on all the time and the tech you can do with the Demon Form is greatly expanded. Every weapon has its own "Panther Within" mode with unique movement options, their own unique demon command moves to use in combat, its very cool. The Demon Slave System is really fun, tho i dont gel with all the Demons, but that's fine because it means they're all pretty unique, and there are a bunch of them (A bunch of weapons to) so you're bound to find the 3 that fit your style for most of your play time. Didnt want to talk about it too much till everyone here had had a chance to play a good chunk of the game, but yea as Sonichuman was saying, you can que the Demons moves, 2 of them at a time and while they are moving you can let go of LZ and move freely and your Demon wont de-summon unless you get hit by something. This is SOOOOOO much more interesting then Umbran Climax ever was, which was just a "Press Button to Win Fight" power. This lets you play as each of the summons. They are fully controllable by the player. Thats awesome imo. They imported Astral Chains Perfect Summon and Defense Summon Mechanics for the Demons, They can break guards, special shields, if they cause a stagger state you can you do the series famous Torture Attacks, which i find a better reward then the old games where you just spent 10 points of Magic to delete an enemy. Now you have to break their Posture, AND none of the torture attacks have button mashing mini games. So not only are you not smashing your buttons to fill a meter anywhere near as often as old games, but now you can do multiple torture attacks in a row, like drop 4 Tomb Stones on 4 different enemies one after another. It feels way better to me then the old system.

I find the level design a big improvement in general, a mix of cramped and wide open spaces is much nicer, and the much much wider areas services the series desire for you to explore levels for hidden Umbran Tears, Chests, and Secret Verses much better then the old narrow hallway design of the old games ever did. Those explorative elements feel like an actual considered part of the experience now instead of the massive pace breakers they where before. The entire game flow feels a lot more seemless now.

I also really like that they imported the Grading System from Astral Chain where your best medals are permanantly locked so you don't have to play the crappy verses (like most of the gimmicky secret ones) every time you want to play a chapter and come out the other end with a good score. Also just makes getting those Chapter Pure Platinums a more manageable feat.

Selling Super Mirrors early in the game was a good idea, as is the whole color system for outfits.

The new secret chapters are really awesome, they can have some pretty cool content, almost always have an awesome reward that makes them well worth doing, and they are a nice bite sized experience for you to play when you're not feeling a whole chapter, or a Challenge mode run. They honestly make great Warm Up runs before actually trying to medal chapters and stuff. Good addition.

Being able to play as either character, Bayonetta or Viola, in any of the bonus content, the Secret Chapters, the Challnge Mode, was a super good idea and makes her not feel like a half hearted idea content wise since she has so few main game chapters to play in. Theres more then enough extra content to play as her in to make her feel well more then a worthy inclusion imo.

30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I did the worst with Viola just because I'm so conditioned to think dodge=witch time. I had to keep remembering parry=witch time. She's really fun to play though. I see myself messing around with Bayo 3 for a while. There is a lot of meat on the bone when it comes to combat. 

Violas really fun. Super duper aggressive. Her personality is really fun to, I think shes a good addition. If you haven't built the muscle memory yet, i recommend going into the Options Menu and changing Violas controls to the D Setting. All it does is swap her block and dodge buttons, so your block with bee on RZ (The traditional Dodge/Witch Time Button) and her dodge will be on R.

Edited by RSG3
20 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

you can que the Demons moves, 2 of them at a time and while they are moving you can let go of LZ and move freely and your Demon wont de-summon unless you get hit by something

Huh, I didn't know this was how that worked, I"ll have to try it out. I've been holding LZ and just trying not to get Bayo close to any enemies while my demons are summoned.

I agree with you about the enemy design, although someone on the subreddit did a thread about the references their designs are apparently to which was interesting. They just seem like they could be from a lot of different games whereas the angels and demons, you see them and you're like "That's from Bayonetta."

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Anyone play Ghost Song?  Looking for opinions on that game if so, debating getting it for my upcoming flights.  

Or possibly Tunic, although the 30fps on Switch kinda makes me not sure if i'll like that lol.

Loved Tunic. I just finished it a bit ago after looking for some shorter games before God of War. I initially bought it on Switch, but the graphics and low frame rate made me tempted to play it on PS5 instead. I’m very glad I did as it runs well and I enjoyed the art style with the improved graphics. If you can play Tunic on a different system, I would do so. However, if you only have a Switch or want the portability, then I’d still get it as the game itself is that good. 

Edited by JGreen
12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Huh, I didn't know this was how that worked, I"ll have to try it out. I've been holding LZ and just trying not to get Bayo close to any enemies while my demons are summoned.

Yea, you even get your dodge back. So like while holding LZ, pressing RZ instantly recalls your summon, but if your summon is doing something and you let go of LZ you can dodge again, it wont recall the summon. Basically LZ seems to be a modifier, when held down your buttons control your demons, when let go they return to normal. Another tip is if you have a Summon out and switch to another Summon on the D-Pad it will spawn where the first Summon was standing, and there is synergy between your summons. The Bird Demon Malphas has a Tornado move you can set on fire by switching to Phantasma...Phantas....By switching to Phantom and setting the Tornado on fire. This seems to work with any type of elemental fire attack and isn't the only example of this. Basically you can hot swap your demons like you can your weapons for combo purposes. Its why im not so broken up that you can no longer assign weapons to you hands and feet like the previous 2 games. They have to be stretching the Switches Memeory to is near breaking point now.

Edited by RSG3
50 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I think I actually had more fun with Viola in my first run than with Bayo because the only weapons I had for the longest time were the G Pillar which I didn't care for much, and her guns, which is what I used before i realized I'd unlocked the Yoyos which are my favorites lol, I really need to unlock the rest of her stuff though

I keep hoping they'll add something like Tag Climax or some kind of co-op/vs mode, but I'm not sure what if anything they're going to be doing as far as DLC is concerned.

Bayo's weapon variety is why like playing her so much. Have you messed around with Cruel Altea? Those are fun as hell IMO

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Yea, you even get your dodge back. So like while holding LZ, pressing RZ instantly recalls your summon, but if your summon is doing something and you let go of LZ you can dodge again, it wont recall the summon. Another tip is if you have a Summon out and switch to another Summon on the D-Pad it will spawn where the first Summon was standing, and there is synergy between your summons. The Bird Demon Malphas has a Tornado move you can set on fire by switching to Phantasma...Phantas....By switching to Phantom and setting the Tornado on fire. This seems to work with any type of elemental fire attack and isn't the only example of this. Basically you can hot swap your demons like you can your weapons for combo purposes. Its why im not so broken up that you can no longer assign weapons to you hands and feet like the previous 2 games. They have to be stretching the Switches Memeory to is near breaking point now.

Maan you are telling me a bunch of stuff I didn't know lol

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Not yet, I just started using the shield thing last night and I think that's going to be a major part of my main kit along with the yoyos. I love how crazy the weapons are in these games though

The Yo-Yos are fun. I kept them in my arsenal for bit. I missed around with the crazy Clock Tower kit from her mom but I didn't really dig deep into it. The shied aspect seemed interesting. 

Side note: I'm surprised we didn't get any Balder variants. Young Balder was cool as fuck in Bayo 2. I dug his design and fighting style. I was hoping one of the universes would have him. I kept expecting a Rosa and Balder alt universe. I mean we got one with Rosa and Cereza.

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bayo's weapon variety is why like playing her so much. Have you messed around with Cruel Altea? Those are fun as hell IMO

So i haven't really been feeling Cruel Altea much, but they probably just haven't clicked yet, on the other hand Abra Cadabra was an instant win for me, i am in love with that weapon. The utility, the combos, the fucking showmanship. It has everything imo lol. I love it.

Oh I also really like the Trainsaw.

Edited by RSG3
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The Yo-Yos are fun. I kept them in my arsenal for bit. I missed around with the crazy Clock Tower kit from her mom but I didn't really dig deep into it. The shied aspect seemed interesting. 

Side note: I'm surprised we didn't get any Balder variants. Young Balder was cool as fuck in Bayo 2. I dug his design and fighting style. I was hoping one of the universes would have him. I kept expecting a Rosa and Balder alt universe. I mean we got one with Rosa and Cereza.

Spoiler

I've come to realize that a lot of my favorite fights in the series are the ones against humanoid enemies like Jeanne in the 1st game and Balder in 2 and was kind of disappointed that the fights against Rosa and Frenchonetta was all we got this time around in that vein.

28 minutes ago, JGreen said:

Loved Tunic. I just finished it a bit ago after looking for some shorter games before God of War. I initially bought it on Switch, but the graphics and low frame rate made me tempted to play it on PS5 instead. I’m very glad I did as it runs well and I enjoyed the art style with the improved graphics. If you can play Tunic on a different system, I would do so. However, if you only have a Switch or want the portability, then I’d still get it as the game itself is that good. 

Yeah it was to play on my upcoming flights, but I think that Ghost Song game will keep me busy on them instead of grabbing Tunic, and then if I want to play Tunic I can snag it on PS5 or XSX.

I also just grabbed God of War from Best Buy and saw they had 3 GoW PS5 bundles behind the counter - 1 disc, 2 digital.  I asked if they were just for sale for anyone and they said yep.  It's the first time since PS5 launched 2 years ago that I've seen them on shelves to just walk in and purchase lol.