Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Bayonetta 3...

The one major gripe about the game I have so far is the lock on system. It sucks. Half the time I'm having to rotate the camera and fight off the enemies at the same time because they'll get on either side of me and depending on which one is closest, the auto lock will change and throw everything off. That and the transparency of certain large enemies makes everything difficult too. I feel like I just wind up mashing buttons because I can't always see where I am and it sometimes obscures smaller enemies to boot. So I think that aspect of the game needs some work. 

But otherwise, it's still solid. Viola is FUN. She's like DMC3 Dante in a lot of ways what with having Royal Guard, Sky Star from his Trickster style, and a lot of really awesome sword work in addition, (including some of the Swordmaster Nevan moves.) Like they absolutely nailed it with her moveset, especially the sword toss stuff and how you can attack with your fists and feet while it's out.

The one aspect of her that I don't find fun at all is

Spoiler

Cheshire. Holy fuck that part where you control his big molasses moving, slug like ass trying to find water in a mission where it isn't really explained what you're supposed to do is not at all fun.

I only have Bayonetta's hammer, trainsaw, and start game guns unlocked so far and I find myself using the guns the most, although I haven't tried out the trainsaw yet. I really like how Phantom figures into her Yo-yo moveset and I kind of wish instead of being able to summon the demons and control them outright, that it were more that they figured into the movesets of certain weapons.

Edited by DoctaMario

Diablo --- so my character is fully in the "Trillion Damage" club at this point.  A lot happens fast in typical endgame gameplay in D3 but I noticed 1 moment where I had a 10 trillion critical hit on one of the monsters. 😆  No other game I've played has damage numbers that get that silly... I never get tired of seeing the monsters getting hit that hard by my god-level characters.  I also have a new look for my character--- the simple "edgelord" option of dying the Rathma armor set in all "abyssal black", and that shit looks cool....and of course that is one of the most important things of the RPG experience for me...  gotta make the character look as cool as possible.  It's why the "transmogrification" method of customization should always be the standard in games, imo.

35 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Surprised this isn't posted yet.

PSVR2 $550 and releases February 22, 2023.  $600 for Horizon bundle.  Preorders start November 15th.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/02/playstation-vr2-launches-in-february-at-549-99/

I will be preordering as soon as I can find one.  

Damn that is a lot, I get the hardware for VR still isn't cheap especially this set but heaven help the poor soul that tries to buy that and a PS5 at the same time.

Cliffy B emerges to give insight and thoughts

https://www.ign.com/articles/cliff-beszinski-gears-of-war-sale-to-xbox-epic-games

States that Epic didn't know what to do with Gears after most of the people responsible left and feels that the new games (4 and 5...more so 5 based on his quote) that they may have written themselves into a narrative corner.  Can't say I disagree with this but I'm extremely curious to see what Coalition is going to do an how they're going to handle it.

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

Surprised this isn't posted yet.

PSVR2 $550 and releases February 22, 2023.  $600 for Horizon bundle.  Preorders start November 15th.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/02/playstation-vr2-launches-in-february-at-549-99/

I will be preordering as soon as I can find one.  

The price is better than I expected. With all the features it is set to have I pegged it at $600 minimum. I'll reserve mine if black Friday doesn't clean me out

Played a bit of Paper Cut Mansion.  Its a fun spooky neat lookin' puzzle/action type game. 

I also played this game called Skull Chainz.  Its a simple game but its challenging and fun and it looks pretty tripped out.

spacer.png

-This game has the "save a gif" option when you pause it.  I like when games do that.

...sneak in a bit of Synthetik -

Edited by Faltimar the Dark