Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Enjoying Bayo3 so far. I'm at Chapter 4 and thus far the game's a great experience.

Combat feels like a combination of 1&2 what with it being more deliberate than 2 but still giving you some semi instant gratification things here and there. Still, it feels like you're more in control than in 2 where stuff just seemed to happen when you pushed buttons enough times, but it's not quite as execution heavy as 1 is. 

The way summons are used is pretty cool. I didn't think I was going to like that aspect of it much but it's pretty well done and fun for the most part and they figure into the Wink/Assault Slave mechanic which gives you defensive options other than dodge (Wink) or lets you extend combos a bit (Assault.)

The enemy variety leaves a little to be desired so far but I'm not terribly far in the game yet so I hope that will get better.

Viola's voice acting is annoying as hell but I'm looking forward to getting to play as her because that katana looks pretty interesting.

Speaking of voice acting, Jen Hale is pretty good, but I'm gonna be honest, I miss Hellena. Hale intonates the way Hellena would have at times and sometimes even sounds very close in tone and delivery, but it really does sound like someone doing an impression. it's a bummer that they weren't able to work anything out, but it definitely isn't a deal breaker.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

This is trash news for people who prefer physical

Glorified unlock key.  Can't even bother putting the single player campaign on the disc lmao.  This is pretty fucking shit cause if you actually did buy this game to play single player because you don't have internet or your internet is shit then actiblizz is saying too bad.  The case doesn't even say that you need internet for everything (sister's husband sent me a picture of his copy for ps5)

Edited by Sonichuman
4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Remember that one about an Italian plumber who eats shrooms and flowers for super powers to break bricks with his hands and shoot fireballs, stomps turtles and kicks their shells, and collects huge golden coins in the basement? Sounds like a fever dream 😂

The bricks are made of Toads 😨

Edited by RSG3

Am I the only one who gets a random glitch on the site from time to time, where the stuff embeded shown is wrong?

Like on the Hawkingbird post, where instead of showing the vid/tweet talking about the COD physical fiasco, it shows other video.

unknown.png

And in Sonichuman and my post it shows a different video as well.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Hecatom
4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Am I the only one who gets a random glitch on the site from time to time, where the stuff embeded shown is wrong?

Like on the Hawkingbird post, where instead of showing the vid/tweet talking about the COD physical fiasco, it shows other video.

unknown.png

And in Sonichuman and my post it shows a different video as well.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I do get that glitch.  I sometimes get that glitch in the process of posting stuff and I have to refresh or delete and repaste to fix it.

When I beat Dante's Inferno, I remember the last boss being Satan, and while you fight him, his dick is out the whole time. You won't notice if you skip the cutscene before the fight but if you watch it, his shit is slangin while he's giving you the final boss monologue

I remember thinking how wild that shit was. Then again, you fought vagina claw enemies and unbaptized babies so I shouldn't have been that suprised by a dick 😂

29 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Beat Bayonetta 3. I'm so bad at Bayonetta now. I don't think I'll ever get Platinums for each verse but it'll be fun replaying it anyway.

I been playing a couple chapters and then taking a break. So far I'm averaging Golds and silvers heh. I got 1 Platinum in Jeannes 3rd stage lol. Last one I've done. 

It's getting harder to play these high pace actio. Games if only because they make my wrists hurt from all the repetitive "Button Ramming."

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

This one's for you, HD-Man.

i remember matt mcmuscles wanting to longplay dante's inferno, and the other super best friends play(woolie n pat) sayin "nooooooo" to him and him getting salty over it. then sometime after they broke up. but they didnt break up cuz of that. they broke up cuz matt started hanging with the 4th member of sbfp liam, breaking away from woolie n pat. hatin on pat cuz pat's fiance's friends were like republican conserv and he got his panties in a bunch over it. 

everytime i think of that game i think of the sbfp break up. which still sucks.

pat moved to british colombia, so the possibility of sbfp ever coming back together, that dream is over. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I been playing a couple chapters and then taking a break. So far I'm averaging Golds and silvers heh. I got 1 Platinum in Jeannes 3rd stage lol. Last one I've done. 

It's getting harder to play these high pace actio. Games if only because they make my wrists hurt from all the repetitive "Button Ramming."

It takes me some time to get used to the speed of Bayo games. This one feels slower than the previous two, but 2 was so fast in places, I'd hit the dodge button at certain points  just because.

Maybe it's just because it's my first time playing this one, but I feel like I can't always see enemy attacks coming and that's led to me getting hit a bunch.

Edited by DoctaMario
22 hours ago, Hecatom said:

By this point I have bought every bayo multiple times 😅

Bayo 1, 4 times

Bayo 2, 2 times

Bayo 3, once digitally using the tickets from japan, and very likely once again physical down the line.

Same here. 

Bayo 1- PS3, WiiU, PS4 (steelbook with Vanquish) and I plan to get it for the switch.

Bayonetta 2- WiiU and Switch

Bayonetta 3- Just the physical release

21 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Enjoying Bayo3 so far. I'm at Chapter 4 and thus far the game's a great experience. . . . .

Speaking of voice acting, Jen Hale is pretty good, but I'm gonna be honest, I miss Hellena. Hale intonates the way Hellena would have at times and sometimes even sounds very close in tone and delivery, but it really does sound like someone doing an impression. it's a bummer that they weren't able to work anything out, but it definitely isn't a deal breaker.

Not gonna lie, it took me a few chapters to really like it. The change in weapon load out was a bit of a surprise

21 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah pretty much the same here. I have Bayo 1 on 360, Wii U, PC, and Switch. Bayo 2 on Wii U and Switch.

The only reason I despise buying the first game so many times was the 100hr requirement for the gunchuks. 

Diablo--- hell yeah....I had a massacre bonus of 1000+ kills in that last "Echoing Nightmare" realm....it's easy to get incredibly high kill-streaks in there since the enemies are swarming you from all sides non-stop.  That gem I got at the end was rank 107 for a nice easy augment on an ancient legendary.... I'm up to paragon 617, closing in on GR 100 soon (latest one was a 96 or 97)

My secondary character is going to have such an easy, super-fast powerlevel session later... I got the "Gem of Ease" leveled up to 32 so far, put it into an ancient legendary to make that level 70 a level 1.... then used one of the angelic crucible to also "sanctify" the item, making it even more insane....I should've done that part with the Wizard character though since I forgot that just assigned a Necro power to the weapon....I have plenty of crucibles to use though....I might bump up the Ease gem a few more levels to 40+ and then start that other character.  I want to see how insanely fast I could power-level the new character... that's always funny to see.  In D3, power-leveling can go so fast that your character is actually skipping levels... like you kill one thing and jump from 1 to 17 then 28, 39, etc.  It goes so fast that the messages on screen about what new powers you just unlocked can't even keep up with the pace of your leveling.  

25 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This might be related to Cavill not liking how some things went in season 3. 

TBH I am not surprised.

I know that Henry Cavill became a fan of The Witcher universe after playing  the games and started reading the novels.

And while If you don't know anything about the novels or even the game, the series feels great, but as soon as you have a modicum of knowledge of the novels, then the series starts showing its cracks.

It happened to me 😅

As soon as I decided to read the books, the 1st season was retroactively "ruined", I still think is a really good show, but kind of a bad adaptation and doesn't do the books justice, specially for some chars, I couldn't enjoy s2 for this reason, so I ended dropping the series mid season.

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

When I beat Dante's Inferno, I remember the last boss being Satan, and while you fight him, his dick is out the whole time. You won't notice if you skip the cutscene before the fight but if you watch it, his shit is slangin while he's giving you the final boss monologue

I remember thinking how wild that shit was. Then again, you fought vagina claw enemies and unbaptized babies so I shouldn't have been that suprised by a dick 😂

I wanted to play that game on my lolboxone because I have free gamepass thanks to discord, but that shit immediately put my xbone fan into a frenzy, which is weird because the xbone games don't do that 🤣

I finished Soul Hackers 2. Overall I think the game is average.

The combat is alright. I like that this game makes status aliment spells into actual attacks so there's still value in using them even if you can't inflict the status. Though light and dark magic being gone is a bummer. While I liked sabbath attacks as a replacement for press turns at first but as you get further into the game there is no depth to the mechanic. All there is to it is netting extra damage at the end of your turn. Some demons have sabbath skills like absorbing MP, stealing items, reflecting physical attacks, drain HP, etc that will activate when you execute one but which demons join the stack is random and the skills don't always activate so there's no way to strategize around it. The combat is build around this and it sucks that it's so one note. 

It's well documented how trash the game's dungeon design is but special mention as to go to the soul matrix. It's the game's grind dungeon and it's absolute shit. Like P3 Tartarus bad. This area is just a huge missed opportunity. Ringo is diving into the souls of her party members to literally fight their inner demons and somehow none of these are personalized. All three is the same generic cyberspace aesthetic with a floor layout that bleeds into one another. I need to look at the hud to remember which matrix I was in because they are all the same. 

The story and characters are great though. Which sucks when the games plot starts to fall apart in the third act. Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

Figue's heel turn didn't land for me. I would have brought into it if the game had done more with Figue's relationship with Raven. They are only shared two scenes together alone and that was enough for her to fall in love with him and continue his plan after his death? Like what? I also can't buy into Figue saying all she's seen is misery, pain and hardship when the game doesn't do any world building at all. At the start of the game your told everything about human civilization has stagnated and that stagnation will lead to the collapse of society. The game does nothing with that. It focuses more on the characters and their relationships than the settings state of affairs. Raven motivation into becoming Iron mask is the closest the game goes in this regard. Figue spends most of the game being mission control so she isn't experiencing any of this first hand like Ringo. 

This heel turn could have worked if the motivation behind it wasn't under developed. 

For a mega ten game Soul Hackers 2 is easy. I played the game on hard and I breezed through it. I took out the final boss on my first try. This isn't like SMT5 where a single fuck up can wipe the party. Given how easy it is this could be a good entry point for new fans. 

I'm moving on to Scarlet Nexus now. I've had the game for months now and it's high time I play it.