Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

22 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The thin skin on this lady. She clearly isn't able to handle having a discussion on her opinions much less having them challenged. Why even engage in a site where you know that's the entire point of it?

Because they are obsessed with the sound of their own voice. They want to be able to shout whatever the fuck they want, and they don't want to be challenged on it. She just want to say her shit and feel good about it. That's it.

10 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I have actually been playing through The Witcher 1 recently. I like this game a decent amount but its always slow going because this game is fucking ROUGH. It crashes constantly, the quest system is a fucking mess (Their first original game so i cut them a lot of slack in this department), while i find the combat fun, there isnt all that much to it at all, and man the Bioware Engine they using is literally buckling under the weight of their ambition for this game. Its actually impressive despite the questionable performance.

All of this was a very long winded way of saying FUCK YES! Witcher 1 needs a fucking remake so god damn bad. I hope they knock it out of the park because Witcher 1 is good, but fucking rough as hell and a remake would be so wonderful. 

Remake 2 after please. The first two Witcher games are good. The first two Witcher games are also fucking rough. Witcher 3s step up in content and quality almost makes it feel divorced from the previous 2 games.

34 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Because they are obsessed with the sound of their own voice. They want to be able to shout whatever the fuck they want, and they don't want to be challenged on it. She just want to say her shit and feel good about it. That's it.

A person like that would be eaten alive here which one of the main reasons I like posting here.

Edit: I've tried to go back to The Witcher 1 several times and I've never been able to get through it. I'm kicking myself for not finishing when I first got it way back in the day. The more time passes the harder it is to return to.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: I've tried to go back to The Witcher 1 several times and I've never been able to get through it. I'm kicking myself for not finishing when I first got it way back in the day. The more time passes the harder it is to return to.

Yea definitely. The more time passes the worse that game ages. It's a good game but I don't blame anyone for not being able to finish it. 

Yes Witcher 3 is easily the best. The first is midocre due to performance issues and rough design. 2 is good but also has some rough design. They still didn't have the weapon collision feeling right in that one. Like they shifted from mouse click combat to tradition button pessing combat like any normal action rpg, but it still feels like you're clicking on enemies and not hitting them with your sword.  It's kinda weird but it's a good game. The series isn't for everyone honestly. 

Edited by RSG3

I am happy that CDPR has announced multiple Witcher games as well as continuing expanding upon the Cyberpunk IP.

But i can't help but feel they are making the same mistake they did with Cyberpunk, as in , announcing all these things way too early. 

It's pretty obvious they want to rebuild their image and not just go silent mode for many years until they  have something to show but this time around they really need to be careful how much they hype things  up , how much they promise and especially when is it going to release. Best thing to do is basically don't set a date unless you are double, no, triple sure that the game is finished. 

Regardless, i'm looking forward to the remake as it's a franchise i had a lot of fun with with some great story telling and great characters. Let's just hope they can recapture that magic.

36 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Oh, I recorded a bit of the first part of that game.

Wasn't the third game in the Witcher series like the best one?  Witcher 3 is really good but the other 2 are mediocre?  Isn't that the way it goes?  I've tried 3 a couple/few times but it just bores me.  Maybe I need to get further in the game but its hard to do that when I'm not having fun.

Witcher 3 is the best but at the time of their respective releases Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 were good games. The first game stuck out for me at the time because it had completely different feel from similar titles.

Edit: @SkortI get your concern but I disagree. They've seemed to learn from their mistakes. UE5 is an easier engine to work with and their more quality developers familiar with UE which makes the second part of their strategy more viable. CDPR is expanding their studios. They bought an existing studio. The contracted The Witcher 1 remake to another developer. Their Polish studio now handles The Witcher only and the expanded North American studio handles Cyberpunk. Their previous setup had their Polish studio handling The Witcher and Cyberpunk.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

It also appears with a price of 1.49 for me.

Looking at my library, it says that I already have it, which I don't remember getting.

But because of that, the price is for gifting it.

They've made it free before. That's how I got it in my library. I already owned it on Steam but given the nature digital having it on two storefronts made sense. It was free after all.

Woke up this morning to see a video in my YT feed of all of Bayonetta 3s cutscenes. That's whatever but the thumbnail, of course, is a mess, so if you care about this stuff then watch yourself, YouTube on its gonna spoil shit for funnies mode right now. 

I'm motivated now to find how to completely block entire channels from my feed lol. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Woke up this morning to see a video in my YT feed of all of Bayonetta 3s cutscenes. That's whatever but the thumbnail, of course, is a mess, so if you care about this stuff then watch yourself, YouTube on its gonna spoil shit for funnies mode right now. 

I'm motivated now to find how to completely block entire channels from my feed lol. 

Absolutely hate this.  Videos of spoilers are whatever and can be avoided but its annoying as hell when you come across major spoilers on something in a thumbnail.  Thanks foe the heads up, I'll just be sticking to my subscriptions until I can get the game in my hands.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Ok yeah... Textrocist was definitely worth my time; I'm enjoying it and did 2 exorcism/boss fights so far.  I'm pretty damn good at fast typing so the real challenge is the balancing act between typing while also having to move around in the heat of battle!

Yeah, having to move my right hand away from the keyboard is real fucked up.  When I move it back to the keyboard from the mouse or 10-key half the time my fingers are on the wrong keys.  Game is real fun though.

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Why is Midnight Sons adding a bunch of characters who were never in that group like Wolverine? Obviously money but yea, just call the game something else instead 😂

Marvel has realized that they may have another franchise in calling something the Midnight Suns, and after the early or mid 2000s they are not shy about plucking characters from one franchise and sticking them into a new one to promote it. So they will push the mystical and horror of the Midnight Sons but mellow it out so the more mainstream Avengers characters can appear.

Also it probably helps skirt the whole Avengers game issue they have with the Square Enix deal

Edited by Wellman
5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Why is Midnight Sons adding a bunch of characters who were never in that group like Wolverine? Obviously money but yea, just call the game something else instead 😂

Plans to use the faction in the MCU. They’re already building the foundation with Moon Knight, Elsa Bloodstone, Blade, Morbin Time, Jack Russell (Werewolf by Night), and others. 

Al Ewing is also penning a totally not midnight sons but actually midnight sons comic that’s coming out soon. 

Textorcist--- this game gets tough early on... I just got past the 3rd exorcism/battle and it was a rough one... the guy throws out tons of "bullet hell" shots, and occasionally there's bombs you have to defuse too...large areas of the floor become dangerous seemingly at random too, while you have to dodge shots.  This took a few attempts but I finally got it....pretty fast you learn that there are indeed times where you'll just have to be typing at exactly the same time you're moving to dodge things; the first 2 battles I could get away with that simple situation of typing as much as I can, *then* switching over to a mindset of dodging things....then standing still to type the words again.

Heh, I just figured that 2 people playing at the same time could trivialize the difficulty of the concept though... like 1 person using a controller to take over the movement while the other person focuses on typing.

Edited by MillionX