Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Side note: I'm surprised we didn't get any Balder variants. Young Balder was cool as fuck in Bayo 2. I dug his design and fighting style. I was hoping one of the universes would have him. I kept expecting a Rosa and Balder alt universe. I mean we got one with Rosa and Cereza.

That imo is a wasted opportunity that kind of surprises me that Platinum didn't want to pursue.

Spoiler

Like you I was hoping to see a universe with both of them, specially since the stakes of the story where so high, you would have thought we would see universes where the Lumen Sages were fighting alongside the Umbra witches to try to stop the threat , or universes where the Lumen were the dominant force.

Specially with the Adam and Eve theme of the game.

I assume that perhaps they wanted to branch the series outside the Lumen and Umbra conflict, since the last 2 games revolved around that.

Edited by Hecatom
41 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

That imo is a wasted opportunity that kind of surprises me that Platinum didn't want to pursue.

Hide contents

Like you I was hoping to see a universe with both of them, specially since the stakes of the story where so high, you would have thought we would see universes where the Lumen Sages were fighting alongside the Umbra witches to try to stop the threat , or universes where the Lumen were the dominant force.

Specially with the Adam and Eve theme of the game.

I assume that perhaps they wanted to branch the series outside the Lumen and Umbra conflict, since the last 2 games revolved around that.

Man that would have been an awesome angle to take. I'm bummed they didn't go with it, and it's somewhat conspicuous that the Lumens don't pop up in this game at all.

Cult of the Lamb---

So, you can rename the cult, I see... I just got to that point now.  I named mine "House of Golgothan".  Unfortunately I just ran into my first death out in the enemy areas... so now some of my followers think I'm weak; a sermon helped recover some of their faith though.  It is but a minor setback for House Golgothan... we will become stronger in service of The One Who Waits.

2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Cult of the Lamb---

So, you can rename the cult, I see... I just got to that point now.  I named mine "House of Golgothan".  Unfortunately I just ran into my first death out in the enemy areas... so now some of my followers think I'm weak; a sermon helped recover some of their faith though.  It is but a minor setback for House Golgothan... we will become stronger in service of The One Who Waits.

Surprised you didn't go with "the poop lords" "fecal fanatics" etc

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Still, I think DMC3 and Bayo1 are amazing games and I'm not sure they've been topped in my mind, but I'm willing to be convinced.

DMC3 was the first game whose trailer created personal hype that matched the final product. While Bayonetta 1 is still top-tier, the second game felt refined. I consider Bayonetta 2 the most expensive game that I have bought (since I pretty much got a WiiU for that game exclusively). 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The Yo-Yos are fun. I kept them in my arsenal for bit. I missed around with the crazy Clock Tower kit from her mom but I didn't really dig deep into it. The shied aspect seemed interesting. 

The yoyos are my go to. It's between those and the fan-blades (Simoon). I really wish the gunchucks would return. 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

So i haven't really been feeling Cruel Altea much, but they probably just haven't clicked yet, on the other hand Abra Cadabra was an instant win for me, i am in love with that weapon. The utility, the combos, the fucking showmanship. It has everything imo lol. I love it.

Cruel Altea = Bazillions with more impact range. Also, I can't be the only one who caught the references (name and colors) 

Spoiler

spacer.png

I need to spend more time with the Abra Cadabra. 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Oh I also really like the Trainsaw.

i_like_that_parks_and_rec.gif

@OPTIMUS124I did not catch that about the Cruel Altea color scheme. Now I like them even more. Plus now I'm thinking about the animal you morph into. Yep, whether they are actually good or not. Cruel Altea is my favorite weapon.

Edit: I knew that Bayonetta 3 is a shit ton of fun, I mean ran through the game in two days. That said, talking about Bayo 3 with you guys made me realize just how much fun it is. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
24 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@OPTIMUS124I did not catch that about the Cruel Altea color scheme. Now I like them even more. Plus now I'm thinking about the animal you morph into. Yep, whether they are actually good or not. Cruel Altea is my favorite weapon.

Edit: I knew that Bayonetta 3 is a shit ton of fun, I mean ran through the game in two days. That said, talking about Bayo 3 with you guys made me realize just how much fun it is. 

I occasionally flip to Cruel Altea on occasion. It's my third fav at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I knew that Bayonetta 3 is a shit ton of fun, I mean ran through the game in two days. That said, talking about Bayo 3 with you guys made me realize just how much fun it is. 

Same here. The game is certainly fun. I don't care what anyone says, as long as you like it, you win.  Unfortunately, I have to put a hurtin' on folks in the nine realms. I'll come back to it in a month. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

For those romping in Midgard. What difficulty are you playing at. 

I remembered trying "GIVE ME GOD OF WAR" when the GOW4 was released and that was the prime example of "difficulty=damage sponge". This go I am starting with "GIVE ME NO MERCY". I just fought a few bosses and it is challenging but not enough to where I feel like I am setting up for a 20 minute battle against an imp.

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

For those romping in Midgard. What difficulty are you playing at. 

I remembered trying "GIVE ME GOD OF WAR" when the GOW4 was released and that was the prime example of "difficulty=damage sponge". This go I am starting with "GIVE ME NO MERCY". I just fought a few bosses and it is challenging but not enough to where I feel like I am setting up for a 20 minute battle against an imp.

I played Dad of War on Give Me a Challenge (one down from the hardest) so I'll probably stay on the equivalent difficulty for this one. Just picked up my copy and gonna start it after I catch up with Andor tonight.

Been playing Sonic Frontiers for 3 hours. Exploring the island is a hoot. So much so that focusing on story objectives can be difficult. I found Big the Cat and got distracted by all the fishing.

Those cute Koco creatures are freaking EVERYWHERE. Like, if you don't have an eagle eye, these little guys can be easy to miss.

You gotta work for those S ranks in this Sonic game. They handed most of them out in Forces. In Frontiers? Nah, son.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:38 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

As long as you aren't hearing "The shadow remains cast!" you are doing well enough. Bayonetta is one of the few games out there, that I'll still try to go back and get better at. Most games, once I finish them, I move on to something else. I try, in vain, to get through the my backlog. Which wouldn't be so bad if A) I didn't like RPGS and B)I didn't like replaying RPGs. 

Michelle Obama GIF by Election 2016

Platinum is one of the few game studios that consistently manages the difficulty curve in a way that makes you accept that death is your fault. 

12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I played Dad of War on Give Me a Challenge (one down from the hardest) so I'll probably stay on the equivalent difficulty for this one. Just picked up my copy and gonna start it after I catch up with Andor tonight.

Forgot that Andor came out last night. I'll likely watch it next week. I don't binge watch TV, but I will binge a game in a heartbeat. 

As a side, I was looking for a place to look at all my trophies and forgot that I had the PSNProfiles linked up. It's also funny to see how many games I started up and was like "NAH". 

OPTIMUS124.png

Full profile

https://psnprofiles.com/OPTIMUS124

Edited by OPTIMUS124
7 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Forgot that Andor came out last night. I'll likely watch it next week. I don't binge watch TV, but I will binge a game in a heartbeat. 

It's a solid episode. Pretty intense.

I started Dadnarok on Give Me No Mercy and made it through a couple boss fights as well. I think this is a good difficulty to play it on- challenging but fair. The game is really good so far.

13 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

It's a solid episode. Pretty intense.

I started Dadnarok on Give Me No Mercy and made it through a couple boss fights as well. I think this is a good difficulty to play it on- challenging but fair. The game is really good so far.

Debating if I want to go the "glass cannon" route in the build. 

As a side, check your controls. I had to look for the "Quick Turn". It's still there but operates slightly differently. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

New Dad of War reaction gif

From that 2nd tweet ---Imagine having a giant screen like that in your house... sheeeitttt, that looked like movie-theater size.  That would inspire me to spend even more time gaming and watching tv/movies just because of how insane that Gigantor screen is.  

Oh yeah---all my usual stuff---Diablo, Gears of War games... Doom and Doom Eternal...Elden Ring... imagine those on a screen like that.

Edited by MillionX
9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Netflix going in again on a animated VG adaptation.  This really does feel like this is where they live.

Edit:  I haven't played any of the Dragon Age games but sure why not?  I'll check this out.

Hopefully this is more like Castlevania than some of their other efforts. Dragon Age is something that was just beneath Mass Effect for me in the past. They've never focused on the Tevinter Imperium. You heard about it, there were characters from there, but it's never been the main setting. That's changing in the upcoming (for the love of God don't' suck) game.

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

You sure that's real? 👀

Well..you made me 2nd guess myself with the amount of chaos going on Twitter right now but yeah it's real.  Bautista has been very vocal about wanting to be Marcus prior and he was a skin in either ...Gears 4 or 5...can't remember which one.  Also considering his other posts and his Join date...it's definitely him.

48 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Well..you made me 2nd guess myself with the amount of chaos going on Twitter right now but yeah it's real.  Bautista has been very vocal about wanting to be Marcus prior and he was a skin in either ...Gears 4 or 5...can't remember which one.  Also considering his other posts and his Join date...it's definitely him.

I was being facetious 😂

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I gotta say, regarding Bayo 3, I haaaaaatttte the sections where you have to ride around the buildings as Phantom. Those are so not fun and when the mystical damaging haze mist is chasing you it's even more annoying.

That spiders platforming is very strange. I've accidently skipped the entire section from a bad jump and gravity went bonkers. 

Edited by RSG3