Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

December 2022 NPD

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/456008/us-monthly-december-2022/

Hardware: Switch took top spot again in terms of units sold with PS5 and Xbox Series taking 2nd and 3rd in December.  In terms of money made, PS5 was top with Switch and Xbox Series coming in 2nd and 3rd in December

Switch was the best selling console overall in terms of units sold for the entire year with PS5 and Xbox taking 2nd and 3rd.  PS5 made the most money this year with Switch and Xbox taking 2nd and 3rd.

Crisis Core, NFS Unbound, and Callisto Protocol charted but Callisto Protocol was the lowest charter out of the 3.  CP was 4 spots away from not charting.

Software:

Top 20 Dec 2022:  CoD MW 2 2022, Pokemon Sc/Vi, Dad of War Ragnarok, Dat Madden 23, FIFA 23, Sonic Frontiers, Elden Ring, NFS Unbound, MK8D, Crisis Core R, NBA 2K23, Just Dance 2023 ( from the dead, was 27 last month), Mario & Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Minecraft, Smash Ult, Nintendo Switch Sports, Callisto Protocol, AC: NH, Splatoon 3 (holiday season brought this back from no. 24), Gotham Knights (big drop, was 8 last month)

Top sellers for 2022:  CoD MW 2 2022, Elden Ring, Dat Madden 23, Dad of War Ragnarok, Lego SW:TSS ( wow....), Pokmeon Sc/Vi, FIFA 23, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Horizon FW, MLB The Show 22, MK8D, CoD Vanguard, Gran Turismo 7, Kirby and the FL, NBA 2K23, Sonic Frontiers, Gotham Knights, Minecraft, Nintendo Switch Sports, Smash Ult

Top 10 Dec Nintendo:  Pokemon Sc/Vi, MK8D (this game is like printing GTA V money now...come to think of it GTA V hasn't been on the charts in a minute has it?) Mario & Rabbids: SoH (it's still selling well Ubisoft), Kirby and the FL, Nintendo Switch Sports, Smash Ult, AC: NH, Lego SW: TSS, Mario Party Superstars, Splatoon 3

Top 10 2022 NIntendo: Pokemon Sc/Vi, PL: Arceus, MK8D, Kirby and the FL, Nintendo Switch Sports, Smash Ult, AC: NH, Lego SW: TSS, Mario Party Superstars, Splatoon 3

Top 10 Dec Playstation:  CoD MW 2 2022, Dad of War Ragnarok, Dat Madden 23, FIFA 23, NFS Unbound, Crisis Core R, NBA 2K23, Elden Ring, Sonic Frontiers,  Callisto Protocol

Top 10 2022 Playstation: CoD MW 2 2022, Dad of War Ragnarok, Elden Ring, Dat Madden 23, Horizon FW, FIFA 23, MLB The Show 22, Gran Turismo 7, Lego SW: TSS, Miles Morales

Top 10 Dec Xbox: CoD MW 2 2022, Dat Madden 23, FIFA 23, NFS: Unbound, Elden Ring, NBA 2K23, Sonic Frontiers, Gotham Knights, NHL 23, Forza Horizon 5

Top 10 2022 Xbox: CoD MW 2 2022, Elden Ring, Dat Madden 23, Lego SW: TSS, FIFA 23, CoD: Vangaurd, CoD Blops CW, Gotham Knights, Forza Horizon 5, Saints Row 2022

BTW, I have been wondering something.

Did anyone here with PSN+ got Fallout76 from the free PSN+ games?

I think this will be the 2nd game I wouldn't bother adding to my list, the 1st one being DmC Devil May Cry back in the day 🤣

Plus, of all my friends, only one got it to try it out, before dropping it and starting Farcry5, so we could play it together (is his 1st FC).

Playing the game again, gameplay wise is really good, but 4 still manages to be my favorite simply due Pagan Minn, no other villain on FC has top him yet.

haha, Fallout 76....that's another awful choice that I was surprised to notice at least 3 or 4 people on my friend list playing when it came out.  It still boggles the mind because there is literally nothing about that game that looked appealing to me.  That company would have to be the one paying me to play that.  It was amusing to see it as one of the "free" games for PSN this month, and of course I immediately thought "nah....not even for free."

The saga around that game was one of the best disasters of modern gaming to laugh about----I remember one of the many things that went wrong was a special collectible helmet or mask thing turning out to have MOLD in some of them 🤣

I tried getting into Fallout a little earlier, back in either part 3 or 4 one time...and it just wasn't for me....of those big 2 IPs (unfortunately) owned by Bethesda, Elder Scrolls is more of my thing.

I've been watching a playthrough of LoU Remake on youtube just to remind myself of what happens in the game and ND really did do a good job in updating this game graphically especially in the character models.  I still wouldn't pay $70 for it but I think I may scoop it up at some point when the price comes down.  I'd expect it won't really drop until the first season of LoU HBO is done.

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

@purbeastI might be interested. Will PM you a list later. 

@AbbachioWhere you at bro? Yea older Atlus Titles can go for a grip, I been trying to find a copy of SMT IV Apocolypse for some years now that doesn't feel like I'm selling an arm to own it lol. 

Okay cool.  I found more games in another box, as well as Xbox 360, Wii (I think it's modded don't remember) with HDMI adapter, Get Bass Dreamcast controller lol, and buncha other games.

Hot Shots Golf isn't for sale though.  I will never let that game go.

fJOdMiT.jpg

Edited by purbeast

I just started playing Tunic. Man. This first area music is super calming. I found my first weapon: a stick. I can't really knock it though. This sucker slays enemies and breaks pots like nothing. I'm just waiting for the moment when this game inevitably kicks me in the balls with the difficulty.

Ah, so yesterday was the final moment for Stadia apparently... time for a look back at one of the worst disasters I've ever had the pleasure to laugh at in gaming then...  I have truly loved watching this nonsense crash and burn...

I'll have to check in on any Stadia forums I can find later (like Gamefaqs or reddit) just to see what's going on with the 5 or 6 hardcore fans they had left.

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, RSG3 said:

@AbbachioWhere you at bro? Yea older Atlus Titles can go for a grip, I been trying to find a copy of SMT IV Apocolypse for some years now that doesn't feel like I'm selling an arm to own it lol. 

I live in the UK, it's kinda funny how some PAL titles are super rare/expensive yet the NTSC/U or J versions are easily available and cheap and vice versa.