Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The fact that the game runs at 720p at suboptimal 60fps (and even dipping low suboptimal 30fps at times) on performance mode on ps5 is hilariously sad.

How the fuck they fuck this game so badly?

Holy shit, I thought the PC version was badly optimize given it's hefty requirements. What were the delays for then?

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Holy shit, I thought the PC version was badly optimize given it's hefty requirements. What were the delays for then?

Probably to add the slider of the banter 🤣

Edit

I think this is the 1st game running on the Luminous engine that is officially released, right?

Because originally FFXIII Versus was being developed on it prior the rebranding to FFXV and moving it to UE4.

I think that this game is like an experiment to see if they can salvage the work done on the engine and see if they can launch a game developed on it fully.

I assume that the engine being developed for old hardware has a hand into why it seems to be so unoptimized.

This is pure speculation from my part, but it seems that even now, they are still dabling with problems of both developing a game and the engine at the same time, which could explain the issues the game has.

Edited by Hecatom
31 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Probably to add the slider of the banter 🤣

Edit

I think this is the 1st game running on the Luminous engine that is officially released, right?

Because originally FFXIII Versus was being developed on it prior the rebranding to FFXV and moving it to UE4.

I think that this game is like an experiment to see if they can salvage the work done on the engine and see if they can launch a game developed on it fully.

I assume that the engine being developed for old hardware has a hand into why it seems to be so unoptimized.

This is pure speculation from my part, but it seems that even now, they are still dabling with problems of both developing a game and the engine at the same time, which could explain the issues the game has.

I believe the same. It frankly has some cool points from what I have seen but actually making it work as a game or even a engaging story seems to have not been the priority.

I don't think their CG animation attempts were successful with the Luminous tech so this might be the last project we see on it.

3 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I believe the same. It frankly has some cool points from what I have seen but actually making it work as a game or even a engaging story seems to have not been the priority.

I don't think their CG animation attempts were successful with the Luminous tech so this might be the last project we see on it.

Was the FFXV movie done on the Luminous engine?

59 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Can this man be more of a joke?

He is now on the same ballpark as retards like Brianna Wu

I really wanted Forspoken to be good cause I want more varied representation to have great games under their belts so the industry will do more and not sales as a reason for why they've chosen to make generic bald headed lightskin dude #56 as the protagonist.  If the majority of people are saying this is bad then there's probably a good chance that the game is just bad.  If they want to try to pull that card that the game is being over scrutinized then they should look at their Deathloop review cause that game had really great scores when it came out nearly across the board and I bet those people they're accusing of being overly hard on this game because the protagonist is a woman or is black probably enjoyed that game.

43 minutes ago, iStu X said:

in addition to this, and as someone who’s played through every kingdom hearts game, Forespoken’s dialogue is fine. 

I would say that what makes it more annoying for people is the frecuency tjey have to listen to the bad dialogue due the banter between Frey and the bracelet. 

Is the same problem in High on Life

I'm pretty sure the dialogue is whatever...the main concern/real issue is the performance of the game.   I think Jaffe and the others need to direct their frustrations less on people criticizing the game and ask why Squeenix felt they didn't need to put the polish they needed to on this game to make it run better.  From the sounds of things they didn't even try to put their best foot forward on it.

Edited by Sonichuman
28 minutes ago, iStu X said:

You can adjust how frequent the banter is in the options. 

I know, i played the game. 

What i am saying is that it could be one of the reasons why people feel the writing/dialogue sucks, since you have to listen to the marvel lame ass quips/ sarcasm a lot and from what we are seeing people seem to be getting tired of this kind of dialogue. 

Is it the worst I have seen, no, not really. (even if I personally dislike this type of dialogue now days) but when you combine it with all the other issues that the game has, people will probably be less forgiving about it

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You know what game that had banter that was God damn fucking awful and yoy u couldn't adjust it or turn it off or nothing!?!?!

Dragons Dogma. Good game, but those pawns need to shut the absolute fuck up, I know this road leads to Gran Soren you obnoxious fuck. 

I played Dark Arisen where suposedly it was less frequent. 

Plus in japanese it wasnt really annoying since by the time I didn't understand it so I just filtered it as noise 😅

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I played Dark Arisen where suposedly it was less frequent. 

Plus in japanese it wasnt really annoying since by the time I didn't understand it so I just filtered it as noise 😅

I played Dark Arisen to, they are annoying there as well lmao. Just shut the fuck up they almost never say anything useful anyway lol. 

Edited by RSG3
17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Just shut the fuck up they almost never say anything useful anyway lol. 

Mine actually said some useful stuff at many points since she faced enemies I haven't yet, so she usually let me know weak points or used strategies/spells that tje moster was weak to. 

I guess that she being cute motivated people to use her, lol. 

My best friend ended running his party with my pawn as a mainstay due the high level and how useful she ended being with the info and spells she used. 

Edited by Hecatom

I wonder--- can you change the language-audio options in Forespoken?  I imagine it would be less annoying and may even be an improvement when you don't know what they're saying....and simply because certain languages just sound cool to me... like just to change things up in Diablo I have my Switch version of the game set to German language because it sounds more interesting (*there's a Japanese language option in D3 as well so I may try that some day) than hearing the same lines I've heard a million times already. 

The mention of Dragon's Dogma brought back some memories... that was another one of my favorite games of that time, though I never finished it; I was playing as a Sorcerer.  One of my friends made one of the absolute worst pawns that looked like Zangief from Street Fighter 2 (though I don't think that resemblence was on purpose).... that dude was hilariously awful...in every battle he was always the first one in critical trouble.  He was just dead weight every time so I quickly gave that pawn the boot in favor of a real one from a random person.  I made a pawn that was designed to look like Nina Dobrev (Elena/Katherine from Vampire Diaries).... some good times were had with that game.  I should get back to it; I have the Switch version now as well.

Edited by MillionX
47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Wonder if any of the slow down got fixed in the Goldeneye port...looks like it may have gotten better but its hard to tell.  I'm sure we'll find out in the coming days.

Having played Goldeneye 64 recently, it doesn't look like there's any slowdown in the video especially when it shows multiplayer with all the explosions. 

I very much recommend playing the emu version with mouse and keyboard mod, it plays so fucking well. Saying that though with a non-N64 controller and a "modern" control scheme it plays really well.

Oh yeah, Redfall is a definite must for me... now if only it were easy to just walk into a store and casually buy a Series X though... instead of that Series S nonsense; nah I'm not settling for less...I refuse.  I miss those good ol' days when the only time of year where it might be a "problem" getting a system would be around Christmas shopping time.  ...anyway, I'm definitely playing the sniper with the invisibility power and ghostly raven companion.

Dragon's Crown---  was thinking about this one again lately; it hit me that I've actually never been able to cast the Wizard's meteor spell in combat.  It seems nearly impossible if you're playing solo, because of how dreadfully long the casting time is for that....in fact I can't recall any rpg I've played/liked that had any spell that takes that long to cast, with you being wide open to attack/interruption the whole time.  It's clearly intended as a move you can only get away with in multiplayer.