Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Just scooped the 1CC All Clear in Graze Counter GMs Novice Mode. Seems.like a good entry mode for learning the game and its mechanics. Game seems fun to. I've only used 1 of the 2 ship types but there seem to be 4 more unlockable. 

Game is very clearly inspired by an old PC indi shmup from the 90s called Cho Ren Sha 68k for the PC 68k. Really cool game. Grave Counter GM has ship designs directly from it, as well as the game having a very 90s era aesthetic which is really cool to me honestly. 

Cant say i dig the characrer designs much tho and the translations a little rough. 

I traded some gold coins for it so after the eship sale I only 8 bucks for it. So far I recommend it. 

20230127_131320.jpg

Edited by RSG3

Finally beat GoW Ragnarok. Last 3 bosses were somewhat easier than expected, only died once on each.

I think I'll go back to the 2nd of the 3 and beat him without a ressurection stone since thats the only one I used one on. A good way to challenge myself 

(And yea, im gonna go kill the Beserkers and Valkyrie Queen eventually)

Also

Spoiler

FUCK ODIN for what he did to Brok and Thor. Was kinda glad Sindri essentially said fuck all that and killed the mfer

If you don't have HBO Max then the first episode of TLoU is on youtube in its entirety

https://www.ign.com/articles/hbos-the-last-of-us-episode-1-officially-released-on-youtube-for-free

IGN also did some interviews with Spencer

Xbox was 'Too Light on Games in 2022, But a Big 2023 Could Await

https://www.ign.com/articles/phil-spencer-interview-2023

The Heart and Soul of Halo Is with 343

https://www.ign.com/articles/phil-spencer-on-halos-future-the-heart-and-soul-of-halo-is-with-343

HBO's The Last of Us is a Great Moment

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-ceo-phil-spencer-praises-hbos-the-last-of-us-i-think-its-just-a-great-moment

Xbox Showcase planned around E3 but no confirmation if it will be apart of E3

https://www.ign.com/articles/phil-spencer-says-xbox-showcase-planned-around-e3-but-stops-short-of-confirmation

Phil is confident that the ActiBlizz Deal will go through, focused on getting the deal closed

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-ceo-phil-spencer-activision-blizzard-takeover-learning-experience

13 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I wonder if people can just say they dislike genres without making it political.

...So my first immediate thought was "....What?  That's dumb as fuck."  But then I was like ok I gotta be open minded.  Let me give this a chance and see if they elaborate their point.  They did...my first initial impression was correct. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Vanillaware President wants modern port of Muramasa but issues are getting in the way

https://noisypixel.net/vanillaware-president-wants-modern-port-muramasa-the-demon-blade/

He didn't specify what those issues are.

I want this so badly, the version with the good translation and all the DLC being stuck on the Vita is criminal. 

On The Last of Us, was talking about this in Rocks discord, I hope they learned their lesson from the game and actually get you to empathize with Abby before she brains Joel with a golf club or else we are gonna have a huge repeate of TLOU2s reception, and shit we might still even ifbthey pull it off right.

Edited by RSG3
13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I want this so badly, the version with the good translation and all the DLC being stuck on the Vita is criminal. 

On The Last of Us, was talking about this in Rocks discord, I hope they learned their lesson from the game and actually get you to empathize with Abby before she brains Joel with a golf club or else we are gonna have a huge repeate of TLOU2s reception, and shit we might still even ifbthey pull it off right.

I want them to keep it the way it was if only to have other people feeling the EXACT same way everyone else felt.  I want to see ALL of it.

Edit:  Case in point.  Friend of mine started playing LoU on the PS5 and like a couple days ago he had just gotten finished the part with the brothers and he had to save and put the game down for a moment lol.  I told him let me know when he gets to the end cause he's def gonna feel some way about it.  He called me yesterday pretty much saying " You got me playing this game for hours with this trash ass human being".  Fuckin died lol.  Had to have a whole talk with him about how tough it was and how much gray area was in that ending.  I can't wait to hear how triggered he gets when he plays 2.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Same here. I think it works better hating Abby before seeing her backstory and reason for revenge. 

I'm not going to say it works better but I do think that if the goal was to try to understand and emphathize with Abby then they are going to need to introduce her earlier...hell I'd even say they'd need to start the story from her point of view first, get to the tee off and then have the story switch back and forth between ellie and abby until it comes to a head.  I personally don't want that because I want the audience who didn't play the game to feel that same emotion everyone else had lol.  I do believe that changing the structure of the story would smooth things over better or even provide a better surprise when the audience may not necessarily know who Abby is looking for until the realization sets in.

I think one way they could make Abby work is to have her present or involved in some way when Joel is at the hospital. They could have Joel and Ellie interact with her dad and herself when they get to the hospital. Then she could be present or somehow see Joel kill her dad or see the aftermath. I think that alone could get some people to become more sympathetic to her viewpoint. Plus, this is what set Abby off in part 2. We just didn’t know it till very late. Throughout the series we would see how Joel’s love for Ellie as his daughter has killed or hurt others with similar family bonds. 

Edited by JGreen

Ohoooo a look at the character creation now in Hogwarts... (**and the hairstyles actually look good, unlike most games!)

...good thing I happen to have one of the current-gen systems, since it doesn't hit XB1/PS4 until much later (and there's a Switch version planned for July...but you can imagine how scaled back the visuals will be on there) BUT I'm also thinking it would be cool to have it on Steam Deck so it can be portable without such a major hit to the visuals like I'd expect will happen on Switch.

Edited by MillionX

No really, I've seen you guys complain about spoilers and shit in here before but you just laugh it off if someone here spoils some shit.  I never played tlou2 but with the show coming I figured I might get to see what happens there.  So I look forward to reading what you guys are most lookin' forward to and spoiling it for you.

Also, play Hi-Fi.  Its cool.

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

No really, I've seen you guys complain about spoilers and shit in here before but you just laugh it off if someone here spoils some shit.  I never played tlou2 but with the show coming I figured I might get to see what happens there. 

You won't- first season as far as I know only covers the first game. Also, TLOU2 has been out for two and a half years and is one of the most controversial games as far as plot goes. I find it very improbable you haven't seen any spoilers about it. Shit's been all over the internet for years.

9 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You won't- first season as far as I know only covers the first game. Also, TLOU2 has been out for two and a half years and is one of the most controversial games as far as plot goes. I find it very improbable you haven't seen any spoilers about it. Shit's been all over the internet for years.

I haven't seen any spoilers for the games' plots myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 hours ago, Chadouken said:

You may find it improbable but its not impossible.  I really dont know a single thing about the second game other than now how Joel dies, thanks to rsg.  I never played 2 and really had no interest.  I also havent played the first game since a year after it came out so I pretty much forgot everything that happened in the game.  But now that its a show that I dont know whats gonna happen...  I dont want it spoiled by people who cant stand when other people spoil shit for them.  How many times i've seen you guys flip your lids cause someone spoiled shit for you is...I cant count. 

Been playing Fire Emblem Engage. Issue with the artstyle side. The graphical upgrade from Three Houses is substantial. I play on 55" QLED if Switch games have suss presentation it shows badly. Engage looks good. I've gotten used to the artstyle for the most part. I don't I could deal with playing the Female version of Alear. Game is more like old school Fire Emblem. Still, they seem to have a waifu's for everyone. Just recruited two characters. One has @Jocelotwritten all over her, the other is up @Skortalley.

Edit:

Jade

Jade.png

Ivy

Fire-Emblem-Engage-Growth-Rates-Ivy.jpg?

Edited by Darc_Requiem