Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I'm really trying to not judge Respawn's animation in this game...especially since I know they put it off polish the game up in which case all I can say is GOOD.  Game looks really good but the animation for Cal looks jittery and jank at times and when they were showing the first game it had that feeling as well.  The original game still had some of that left over when they finally released it so I really hope they smooth it out before the game comes out.  I'm not expecting Uncharted quality blending but I just wish for things to not be as jerky.

17 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Other numbers include Splatoon 3 ( 10.13 mill), NS Sports ( 8.61 mill), Kirby and the FL ( 6.12 mill), Mario Strikers: BL ( 2.47 mill), PL Arceus ( 14.63 mill), XBC 3 ( 1.81 mill), NSMBUD (14.75 mill) , SM3DW + BF (10.82 mill), and Luigi's Mansion 3 ( 12.44 mill).  No update on where Dread is unfortunately...:(

I know it will never happen, but I really wish Nintendo would release Metroid titles as a 3rd party publisher. I'm sure it would sell a lot more on PC and other systems. Look at what the average Switch owner is buying en masse- most of those people aren't buying Metroid games.

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea I also thought Cal animated in a jitter sorta way. Was weird. 

I don't know exactly what it is exactly but from looking at it, I'm pretty sure its a combination of some of the animations themselves and then the animation transition is just not smooth overall and it just makes Cal look like he's having spasms in between doing moves.  It's  won't kill the game cause it didn't kill the first one because everything else is great but it just makes it annoying to look at.  When animation is canned and controlled everything is really smooth like when he's executing enemies but everything else not so much.

6 hours ago, Wellman said:

I think that is part of it. I know years ago she was in some shit with folks due to how she portrayed non Caucasian people in her works being on some ignorant stereotype bents. Honestly, I understand not wanting to support her as the creator but going out your way to attack people for just playing a game is too crazy. 

A lot of that was some dumb reaching made by idiots on twatter.

Like how they say that the goblins, at least I think they are goblins, are caricatures of Jews.

You know, the kind of stupid reach that has lead to some of those same dumb idiots think that the orcs on DnD and other fantasy settings are supposed to be blacks for example.

And while I don't agree with a lot of takes of JKR, she didn't say anything wrong regardless of trans rights eroding women rights.

Is absurd that we are now pretending that a man in drag should be allowed to participate in women sports for example.

Like if biological differences that make men stronger, faster, sturdier don't exists, and play pretend magically erases them.

Edited by Hecatom
30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Torrent

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/769312938326360065/1072683465037852753/EHT_PERSONALIZED_TORRENT_-_DO_NOT_REDISTRIBUTE_uki_2B_A2_32P-346MB.rar.torrent

I can also upload the set on Mega for anyone interested, is 300+ mb

The cosplayer name is Uki雨季

Edit 

A low res version

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/769312938326360065/1072684162160537671/Uki_2B_A2_Set_LQ.zip

Edit 2

Here is the link for the cosplay set

https://mega.nz/file/p1szGKAa#QlyH73wHP6gmecy5DB1-bFRgzB5cB4T70Tz1GIhakAc

Edited by Hecatom
10 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Had no source when I found it.

Spoiler

@Darc_Requiemalready find it, followed. lol

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Torrent

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/769312938326360065/1072683465037852753/EHT_PERSONALIZED_TORRENT_-_DO_NOT_REDISTRIBUTE_uki_2B_A2_32P-346MB.rar.torrent

I can also upload the set on Mega for anyone interested, is 300+ mb

The cosplayer name is Uki雨季

@HecatomThanks man

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 hours ago, Camacho said:

most of those people aren't buying Metroid games.

Most people don’t buy Metroid period. It’s a very vocal minority fan base. Outside of Dread  every Metroid game has sold well below nintendos expectations. Even then Dread barely sold  3mil. 

Edited by iStu X
6 hours ago, iStu X said:

Most people don’t buy Metroid period. It’s a very vocal minority fan base. Outside of Dread  every Metroid game has sold well below nintendos expectations. Even then Dread barely sold  3mil. 

The first Prime game did pretty well  (2.84m) despite being on the GC, which didn't do great overall. The unfortunate reality is that Nintendo hasn't been able to shake the kiddie label very effectively over the last 20+ years- the majority of their buyers are more interested in Mario Kart, Mario Party, Nintendogs, Wii Fit, etc. I.E., people buying things for their kids. There are a ton of adult (or teen) gamers who would enjoy Metroid games that don't buy them because the system isn't enticing enough otherwise. I've mentioned several times before that the last few Nintendo systems I bought were almost exclusively for Metroid and Zelda games- how many other people are out there that weren't willing to invest in a system exclusively for a couple games?

10 hours ago, iStu X said:

Metroid has had an interesting history. The first game released exclusively on the Famicom Disk Drive in Japan IIRC. That limited the audience for it and, in Japan, the series never really recovered from that. The 2D Titles have always been niche. The Prime games, considering the size of the GC userbase, actually sold pretty well. Instead using that as a springboard for the series ala Awakening for Fire Emblem, Nintendo choose to go with Other M which was disastrous ...and that game deserves an a video game version of an ESPN 30 for 30. The English localization of the game was terrible and completely changed the context of Samus and Adam's interactions. I didn't find out until WELL after the fact that the narrative issues I hated were 90% the result of the localization.

34 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Posted by Sonero on the FG General aka SF6 thread

FobW5o_aIAAS3P0.png

Too bad that there are quite a lot of gems missing from that list, like all the Examu games outside Arcana Heart

It's easier to count what I didn't played instead of what I did.
Played 89 titles, meaning there's 11 I didn't played yet.

Was trying to watch it while was trying to get off the phone.  Will probably have to rewatch from the start for the Pikmin 4 footage.  Nice Octopath Traveler 2 demo!

Edit:  I'm kinda miffed that they waited until now to remember Hector for Fire Emblem....Would have been real nice if he was in the first Fire Emblem Warriors games.

Edited by Sonichuman

Gameboy is coming to NSO.  Tetris, Super Mario Land 2, Link's Awakening DX, Gargoyle's Quest, Game and Watch Gallery 3, Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, Metroid II, Wario Land 3, Kirby's Dream Land.  Different filters between gameboy, gameboy color, and gameboy pocket.

GBA is also coming to NSO expansion pack.  Super Mario Advance 4, SMB3, Wario Ware Inc, Kuru, kuru kururin, Mario Kart Advance,  Mario & Luigi 1, LoZ: Minish Cap.

Online and local online play are supported for the games that have multiplayer.  More games of course coming for the Advance later.  NSO will be updated later today with the titles mentioned.

METROID PRIME REMASTERED SPOTTED!!!!  Lookin goooooooood!  It's called Metroid Prime Remastered but it's looks like it's getting the Remakestered treatement.  Everything graphically has been touched up and it's really obvious.  This is def not just a upres port.  Physical version drops 2/22...WTF...THEY ARE SHADOW DROPPING THIS GAME DIGITALLY TODAY!?

Looks like that Baiten Kaitos rumor was true.  Both games coming remastered as a collection to the Switch.

Edited by Sonichuman
7 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Just got back from a meeting. When does MP4 release?

You're gonna take this MP1 remastered game and cope for a moment.

Wow a new Professor Layton game.  Wasn't sure I'd ever see that IP again.

Oh we're actually getting another character for MK8D?  Birdo is getting added with Wave 4.

Last game segment...aaand I'm pretty sure it's TotK....yyyup it is.  Sounds like Ganondorf is speaking...pretty sure that's him.  Yeah game is looks soooo good.  homing arrow,s grinding on rails...making riding contraptions?  Game is still coming 5/12.  Preorders are starting today.  Collectors edition will also be available, new amiibo featuring Link with the arm.  No special Switch announced.

Edited by Sonichuman
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Tears of the Kingdom is $70 BTW

OH THEY WERE SERIOUS ABOUT THAT!?  It popped up a couple days ago with that price point on the eshop and then they took it away so I was hoping it wasn't going to stay that way but looks like that's' not the case.  Disappointing...

Edited by Sonichuman

Gamexplain is playing MP1 Remastered right now for those interested

Looks like they have 4 different control schemes, classic, dual stick, pointer, and hybrid.  So they have the motion controls in which is what I wanted.  I may actually try the Hybrid.  Hybrid controls with motion controls for aiming so...pretty much like Splatoon.

Looks like they also put the narration that was missing out of the GC original release in the west that they took out for whatever reason.

Edit:  Actually looks like if they're doing the hybrid controls then when you're doing free aim it stops you in place like the original game...not feeling that.  I want to be able to aim and move at the same time so I'll probably just stick with pointer.

Edit:  They really did a really good job updating this game graphically.  This just makes me want to see MP4 even more now.

Edit:  People in the chat are saying the game is $40?  Don't know if that's true or not.  Somehow I really doubt it's actually $40....Ill probably need to check that.  I just looked!  It is actually $39.99 on the eshop!  I'm shocked!

Edited by Sonichuman
45 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Man Nintendo really leaned into that Chad Rex meme. I didn't even it was Rex in the Xenoblade DLC trailer.

....THAT'S REX!?  God damn that kid grew up!

Edit: It didn't even register but he has the swords right there in his hand lol.

Edited by Sonichuman