Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Not gunna lie. Kinda lowkey mad at Nintendo for including M+L superstar saga in NSO. They had multiple opportunities to make its developer, AlphaDream a 2nd party studio but decided not to and now they’re not around anymore. I know almost al their staff found work shortly after, many within Nintendo but it just seems like a kick in the teeth. 

I mean, There’s a reason why Superstar Saga is a launch title for GBA NSO. It’s one of the most beloved games for that hardware. 

Edited by iStu X

I didn't expect there to be a physical version of the Metroid Prime remaster... so of course I'd rather wait on that.

I downloaded the japanese voice pack for Diablo 3 the other day; that little detail of hearing characters in different languages helps add a little more to the replay value for me... especially a game like this that I've played for an insane amount of time already.  For a long time I had the German voices enabled on the Switch version, just 'cause it sounds cool to me and "fits" the Diablo world.  For some reason it looks like this isn't possible on the Playstation version of the game though (nor the Xbox versions).  On Switch they're just free extra downloadable files.... though it would be ideal if they were just options already in the game normally.  There's several other ones too, including Russian and Spanish.

A major problem that Multiversus has is that it is a live service game on a niche genre.

Now, something to take note is that being a free to play game, surely brought way more eyes into it than what would have usually happened if the game had a price tag.

So, it could be that its current population is on par with fgs.

People love to make a lot of fuss about numbers, without really analizing them, like saying that x or y game lost 80% of its playerbase, which is usually the case for basically all games, even the lsg's

Games not losing 80% of the player base after th 1st month are the outliers.

And it could be that due the special circumstances about MVS, the game still has a healthy online playerbse that dwarves the playerbase of basically all the other fgs combined.

4 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Splatoon 3. Salmon Run. Wave 3. All my teammates are splatted. (Shocker, I know). I power up the Booyah Bomb. The lesser beings My teammates gather together so I can hit them with the Booyhan Bomb and revive them. I throw the Booyah Bomb, powered by all of our Booyahs!!!

Hide contents

I miss them and it goes into the ocean. "That's a wrap!"

Taylor Swift Antihero GIF by GIPHY News

I would have loved for you to clip that.  I can only imagine the responses your team had when that happened.