Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

25 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I put it in my watch later list.  I've never really played Panzer Dragoon but I'm interested to hear about it.

If you like Star Fox there is a really good chance you'll like the first two Panzer Dragoon games as well as the last one. If you like turn based RPGs there is chance youll like the 3rd. They have a cool 360 camera system that really differentiates them from other rail shooters, you have to be aware of what's going on around you instead of just in front of you. 

The second, PD Zwie builds on the first by having a dragon evolving system that let's you decide if your Dragons fast and squishy or huge and tanky or a mix of both. 

The third one, Saga, is famously a turn based RPG, but it's really unique in that only party members the entire game are you and your dragon, the combat system retains the 360 degree positioning system from the first two and the dragon evolution system. It's actually a really cool, unique and experimental game, much like Shenmue, but a lot better as a game experience. 

The 4th game, Orta, goes back to being a rail shooter but now you can evolve your dragon between 3 forms on the fly during gameplay instead of between levels/battles like the previous games. 

Thats the readers digest condensed version of what these games are. I'm a huge fan and I highly recommend them all, but don't buy Saga, emulate it, only childless idiot fools like me should buy Panzer Dragoon Saga. 

Edited by RSG3
17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

And that remaster is actually a remake 👍 

Supposedly they are working on remaking Zwie right now...

I didn’t know which one to use. I didn’t want to use the wrong one cause you’d get mad at me. 

father I have failed youuuuu

off to play my favorite metroidvania souls like 

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Considering that it's a souls game I don't doubt it.  Still doesn't detract from the fact that I'd be laughing and ABSOLUTELY LIVID all at the same time if this happened to me.

I mean I certainly laughed as I lost 50k Runes to one of those things. There's 3 of them to in that area. One they lock you in the room with and another drops from the ceiling onto your head while your fighting other shit lol. 

Edited by RSG3

I didn't know the giant metal ball could do that... it's been quite a while since I played I forgot how I even handled that scenario... *probably* killed it with the rot damage if it was killable.  Dragon Breath Rot was golden... once I got that ability almost anything else seemed like a downgrade to me....it's ridiculously strong (heh, and people thought sorcery was cheap?  sheeeittttt), unless they toned that down in recent updates.

30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

For days bro for days. The best troll is still from Dark Souls 1 imo. 

dkkpj0btpyfthjfzbcvd.gif  Shootouts to the Log Trap in Bloodborne to tho. 

This one got a legit laugh out of me when it got me. I felt so smart for about .5 seconds lol. 

These are why the Souls games are great. Difficult but rewarding gameplay, environmental storytelling, and the fact that at any time you can reenact a gag from a Looney Tunes short.

Another great episode of TLoU. It seems like show changed the order of events from the game

Spoiler

I could have sworn Joel getting hurt and Ellie going solo happened before they reached the university. Joel meeting Tommy again happened near the end of game as well but happens sooner on the show. I look forward to how the show deals with Ellie encounter with the cannibals

Joel being vulnerable really hit hard. Though I was little confused about what he asked of Tommy. Did he want to leave Ellie in Jackson or did he want Tommy to take over the mission?

The Diablo season ending helped make my Necro even more powerful...since the paragon exp and characters get added to the off-season family of characters...so suddenly I had another 24 points or so....then I augmented 2 more items s now the "sheet dps" is crazy at 2.9 million.  Intelligence stat is 30,000+ at this point...just silly.  This game, man... it's home to some of the most busted player characters in rpg history; I love it.  I just ran a GR121 and it was nothing.  (*still with the Necro "death nova" +Guardian set build)

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Another great episode of TLoU. It seems like show changed the order of events from the game

Reveal hidden contents

I could have sworn Joel getting hurt and Ellie going solo happened before they reached the university. Joel meeting Tommy again happened near the end of game as well but happens sooner on the show. I look forward to how the show deals with Ellie encounter with the cannibals

Joel being vulnerable really hit hard. Though I was little confused about what he asked of Tommy. Did he want to leave Ellie in Jackson or did he want Tommy to take over the mission?

Spoiler

In the game Joel gets hurt at the end of the University part, after they discover the Fireflies moved on to Salt Lake. Joel falls from a floor above while fighting and gets impaled by some rebar. Ellie gets him out and then it cuts to winter.

Before the University they had met up with Tommy in Wyoming briefly at the hydro plant and Tommy tells Joel about the Settlement. In the game Ellie rides off and Joel and Tommy chase her to an abandoned house. That's where the conversation about Ellie not being Joel's daughter takes place. Tommy agrees to take Ellie the rest of the way, but Joel changes his mind as they approach the Settlement and rides off with Ellie on horseback to Colorado.

10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Huh? Seems like they're still following the order from the game to me.

Next week seems to be....

Spoiler

The Left Behind DLC episode followed by David and his cannibal cult?

19 hours ago, RSG3 said:

And that remaster is actually a remake 👍 

Supposedly they are working on remaking Zwie right now...

Seeing how that was announced quite a while, and that the studio released other games after PD, instead of PDZ, is safe to assume that it was quitely cancelled 😕

Yeah...can't say I'm surprised right now.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/gamestop-corporate-layoffs/

I know a good majority of people don't like GS and I can understand that but I'm pretty sure that once this company fully goes under, unless there are some major companies to take their place, that's going to be the first nail in the coffin for physical games.  It's GS's fault completely though. 

Sheeeitt, the "Told ya so." moment will no doubt be pretty sweet the moment I see any gamer lamenting in the near future like "mannn remember those old days when Gamestop was around?  At the end they had some random collectible stuff and dorky t-shirts... I kinda miss that, actually... we could still get physical versions of games back then!"

*Diablo--- powerlevel just went up again; I finally got an ancient version of the belt in my "Guardian" set, so I augmented that and now have another 500-ish Int. points added (31k total.... 3 million "sheet" dps at this point.  Yeah this character is the Ultra Instinct Goku of my family of characters... completely outclassing all my previous characters in nearly every way.  The one weakness of this build for Necromancer is that it has a tough time killing a high-level Rift Guardian...I just finished a GR 126 though.

...I might go on to get D2 for Switch as well.  It would really have been nice if they added Druid to D3; that's the main character class of interest in part 2 for me.

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, Genghis_Dong said:

So after playing more Wild Hearts it's really good! Yes some performance issues on PC  but supposedly a patch coming this week to fix that.  Needs some polish but a great start! Was surprised at how seamlessly the building aspect is implemented. A few updates of more monsters and maybe a weapon or 2 and it'll be in a great spot. 

I'll wait until the performance issues clears up to dive in. It comes worse in co-op and I want to play with my friend group. 

IGN Miyamoto interview:  It's not that I don't like story in games, I just would rather focus on gameplay first

https://www.ign.com/articles/shigeru-miyamoto-responds-to-his-famous-reputation-for-disliking-stories-in-games

I'm pretty much summarizing what he says in this interview.  Pretty much says that story is just another way to experience games and some people start with the story first but he starts at gameplay.  He doesn't think story is unnecessary, it's just how he makes games.

IGN Miyamoto interview:  On Super Nintendo World and NIntendo's future

https://www.ign.com/articles/shigeru-miyamoto-super-nintendo-world-interview

Nintendo World was something he'd been talking about with Iwata for over 10 years.  The spark for a park actually started for Yamauchi.

This interview has some slight passing of the torch like comments it feels like especially when he talks about what his plans are to do with 'his time left'

Still, it’s possible to draw plenty of conclusions about Nintendo’s strategy going forward. In a 2020 interview with The New Yorker, Miyamoto talked about using what he describes as his remaining years to continue to pursue his interests, including the theme park endeavor.

“As the company has gained new competitors over the years, it’s given us an opportunity to think deeply about what makes Nintendo Nintendo,” Miyamoto said at the time. “[President] Shuntaro Furukawa is currently in his 40s, and [general manager] Shinya Takahashi is in his 50s; we are moving toward a position that will ensure the spirit of Nintendo is passed down successfully. I am not concerned about that anymore. Now I’m focusing on the need to continue to find new experiences. This has always been what interested and excited me about the medium: not perfecting the old but discovering the new.”

Nintendo has plenty more in the works for Super Nintendo World, including a planned Donkey Kong expansion at the Osaka location in 2024. New locations are also planned for Orlando and Singapore in mid-2025, which should keep Miyamoto plenty busy in the near term. He acknowledges as much when I ask him how much longer he can go.

“In terms of the theme park, there's still Orlando and Singapore left, and there's still movie work left. So there's a lot of things that are still left on my plate,” Miyamoto says. “On the way, if I find something new and interesting, I would love to take part in that, especially if there's any kind of new technology. I would love to see which one of our talents would be best suited for that.”

I mean it makes sense since he's 70 now.

8 hours ago, iStu X said:

M$ and the house that Mario built sign a 10-year deal to bring M$ titles to Nintendo consoles 

They've already been bringing their games to Switch. This is just a "Fuck Sony" announcement. Which frankly they deserve with their ludicrous hypocrisy on exclusive content and pretending like they don't own Destiny.

Edited by Darc_Requiem