Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Man I I dunno what it is I've tried Wonderful 101 like 3 times now and...I don't fucking like this game. It's hard to see wtf os going on, and where the fuck you even are, there so kuch shit going on and you're so fucking small. Shit attacks you from fucking everywhere just every side of the screen constantly, and from off screen to boot,  and the camera just always seems to be situated so that your little guy is hidden behind some big ass fucking enemy so you can't see yourself or the little minions, or the cameras cocked at some some fucking angle that bites you in the ass. I'm at the part where you use the baseball bat to hit the projectile back to the Canon and I keep dropping the bat cuz the cameras hard locked to the Canon and some little minion fuck I can't see wanders in from the bottom left and hits me while I'm focused on the Canon or something. Like someone tell me what I'm doing wrong because this game looks like it should be so much fun but it's honestly just so fucking frusting and kind of fucking annoying. Are you just weak as fuck until you buy more skills and plugs and shit? Like what?

Aaaand it hard crashed on me......huh...OK fine I'll play something else then I guess. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Man I I dunno what it is I've tried Wonderful 101 like 3 times now and...I don't fucking like this game. It's hard to see wtf os going on, and where the fuck you even are, there so kuch shit going on and you're so fucking small. Shit attacks you from fucking everywhere just every side of the screen constantly, and from off screen to boot,  and the camera just always seems to be situated so that your little guy is hidden behind some big ass fucking enemy so you can't see yourself or the little minions, or the cameras cocked at some some fucking angle that bites you in the ass. I'm at the part where you use the baseball bat to hit the projectile back to the Canon and I keep dropping the bat cuz the cameras hard locked to the Canon and some little minion fuck I can't see wanders in from the bottom left and hits me while I'm focused on the Canon or something. Like someone tell me what I'm doing wrong because this game looks like it should be so much fun but it's honestly just so fucking frusting and kind of fucking annoying. Are you just weak as fuck until you buy more skills and plugs and shit? Like what?

Aaaand it hard crashed on me......huh...OK fine I'll play something else then I guess. 

Platinum seems like one of those companies  whose games you can't criticize without getting mobbed by po-sorts of people. W101 looked completely uninteresting to me. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Discord

NRS finally got female faces right with Injustice 2 onward. The actual design for some took a hit. WTF was that outfit for Jade in MK11. 

While true, it came at the cost of reducing the physicality of the characters.

I am not even talking about the fact that they dumbed down the sexiness, but that they reduced the muscular build of the female chars in a way that is sad.

Kitana and Mileena on MK9 are built like fighters, on MK11 they are thin as sticks.

Then add the whole race swapping them to chinese instead of keeping them racially ambiguous as it has always been the case, seeing since they are meant to be akin to ancient Persia combined with asia and ancient Arabia.

35 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

While true, it came at the cost of reducing the physicality of the characters.

I am not even talking about the fact that they dumbed down the sexiness, but that they reduced the muscular build of the female chars in a way that is sad.

Kitana and Mileena on MK9 are built like fighters, on MK11 they are thin as sticks.

Then add the whole race swapping them to chinese instead of keeping them racially ambiguous as it has always been the case, seeing since they are meant to be akin to ancient Persia combined with asia and ancient Arabia.

Imo kitana and Mileena look more as they do in MK2 build wise where they don't look jacked at all. Having women that actually look like women isn't a bad thing.

And I don't really know how "racially ambiguous" you can go without everyone looking the same. The game has a background of Chinese lore so more of the characters looking Chinese doesn't seem weird to me, although I have to wonder if part of the reason they did it was to sell more in China (assuming the game is even available there.) 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Discord

NRS finally got female faces right with Injustice 2 onward. The actual design for some took a hit. WTF was that outfit for Jade in MK11. 

My complaint about some of the MK11 designs is that it seemed like they tried to marry MK and Injustice aesthetics. A bunch of the characters look like they'd be equally at home in either game, which is one of the things I prefer about MKX's design approach. There isn't any other game those characters could be from but MK.

1 hour ago, Camacho said:

Platinum seems like one of those companies  whose games you can't criticize without getting mobbed by po-sorts of people. W101 looked completely uninteresting to me. 

I mean I guess. You can shit on them I don't give a fuck. They have a couple stinkers here and there. Who doesn't? 

Everything about W101 speaks to me, the style, aesthetic, mood and writing. It's basically the sequel to Viewtiful Joe 2 I've been asking for for like a decade.

It's just once I start playing it proves more frustrating then fun. 

Edited by RSG3
5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's hard for me to tell what's going on here cause I don't think I've ever had an issue like what you're describing.  The only thing I ever had a problem with in W101 was doing the symbols for the various weapons but once someone described it as 'doing motions in a fighting game' it completely clicked for me.  I had to rewatch the baseball section just now to see baseball part you're talking about since it's been so long and it just looks like it's  timing.  Once you have the bat in your hand you don't really need to see any of the characters because the cannon is going to fire wherever the bat is and the bat can be easily seen.   Unless this guy is playing an a super easy difficulty, once you have the bat in hand there aren't any other enemies showing up and it's just you hitting the ball back to the cannon.  

11 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Another great episode of TLoU. The new episode is almost a 1:1 adaption of Left Behind

I bask in the tears of all the raging homophobic that have been in hiding since episode 3 (even those who have claimed to play the game but still act outraged LOL)

It seems Troy Baker will also be appearing in the next episode 😎

12 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Another great episode of TLoU. The new episode is almost a 1:1 adaption of Left Behind

I thought it was good but the weakest of them all.

If the season was 10-12 episodes I would have been more okay with it.  But we have 2 episodes left to wrap up the story and they aren't long episodes.  I am worried it's going to feel rushed.

But this episode just kind of felt like filler.  Like if we didn't get this episode, then nothing about the entire story actually changes.  

I also didn't play the DLC.

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I thought it was good but the weakest of them all.

If the season was 10-12 episodes I would have been more okay with it.  But we have 2 episodes left to wrap up the story and they aren't long episodes.  I am worried it's going to feel rushed.

But this episode just kind of felt like filler.  Like if we didn't get this episode, then nothing about the entire story actually changes.  

I also didn't play the DLC.

I don't think the episode was a filler. It was paying off the few things about Ellie's past that she mentioned throughout the show. In episode 2 she talked about sneaking into the mall when Tess asked her how she got her bite. When she was in Kansas City she told Joel it wasn't her first time using a gun or killing someone. In the wider context we see just how much Joel means to her now.

It's possible that this first season won't cover the entirety of the first game. Where the show is right now is at the halfway point. If that's where the season ends I'll be ok with that.

25 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't think the episode was a filler. It was paying off the few things about Ellie's past that she mentioned throughout the show. In episode 2 she talked about sneaking into the mall when Tess asked her how she got her bite. When she was in Kansas City she told Joel it wasn't her first time using a gun or killing someone. In the wider context we see just how much Joel means to her now.

It's possible that this first season won't cover the entirety of the first game. Where the show is right now is at the halfway point. If that's where the season ends I'll be ok with that.

I thought it  was confirmed by the show runners that the first season covers the entire first game.

So we basically have 90 minutes left to finish the entire first game story.

Edited by purbeast
27 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's further than halfway. We have two main beats left to cover- the cannibals and David in Colorado,  and then Salt Lake. 

Episode 7 was really good. Definitely worth it to give more context to Ellie's background and who she is and what Joel means to her. Having them squeeze each other's hands showed how Joel not only gave in to letting himself care about someone again, but he let Ellie know about it.

Just now, Chadouken said:

To be fair, the Salt Lake segment is short as fuck in the game. I'm guessing they're going with a quality over quantity approach, which I'm fine with. 43 mins should be plenty of time to cover the finale.

Yeah it just sucks that the finale is like the shortest episode of the whole season.  The best is when finales are the longest episodes of the season.  

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

That whole final season was rushed to shit.  I mean we got 6 episodes to wrap up everything.  

I'll never stop laughing st how the show runners for GOT rushed and shit out a final season so they could go make Star Wars but they shit out that final season in such a disastrous state that Disney was like ".....Nah...Never mind. We good" and lost the Star Wars project in the end lol. 

Edited by RSG3
14 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Episode 7 was really good. Definitely worth it to give more context to Ellie's background and who she is and what Joel means to her. Having them squeeze each other's hands showed how Joel not only gave in to letting himself care about someone again, but he let Ellie know about it.

I honestly don't think we needed any of that.  As mentioned above, we knew about her past and what she did already.  This episode just spoonfed us everything we already knew.

We also  already know how much Joel means to her by the previous episode.  And we know how much she means to Joel as well from the previous episode.

I think the episode last night just dragged on a bit is all basically. I felt the flashback could have been shorter in the episode instead of the whole episode basically.  It was good character development and I enjoyed it, but I just think it's the weakest one of the season thus far because it really didn't provide us much that we didn't already know and felt like it dragged on.

55 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I thought it  was confirmed by the show runners that the first season covers the entire first game.

So we basically have 90 minutes left to finish the entire first game story.

We'll see. There are two episodes left. According to Chad, that should be plenty of time to adapt what's left. They could always go beyond the standard length like in the first episode if they really need the time

Ohhhh yes I look forward to whatever new info comes out about this soon

(*hahah, yeah... all this hype just for the announcement itself and this one picture so far 😆)

https://www.gamesradar.com/elden-ring-shadow-of-the-erdtree/

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-expansion-announced-shadow-of-the-erdtree

*Diablo---the powerlevel of my Crusader took off after getting some good/lucky drops early like the Darklight weapon (a legendary power that doubles the "Fist of the Heavens" lightning bolt; a critical upgrade for that Aegis build); I'm closing in on paragon level 300 already, and nearly at the bottom of the Altar thing.  The player characters for this season are definitely going to be even more OP than ever before.  (ha, except Witch Doctor... I guess the devs don't seem to care much about that character class.  It's been one of the low-tier picks for quite a while now.)  The Aegis build is also something that finally made the crusader class much more fun/cool to play.

Edited by MillionX

Crisis Core Reunion kinda has a shitty story and so lame dialogue. While the original FF7 wasn't a Shakespearean masterpiece, it was atleast entertaining. I kinda hope FF7 Remake pretends alot of this didn't happen, which seems to be the case so far

Reunion is shoehorning alot of shit in the canon that didnt need to be there, like Genesis for instance. Dude says a whole lot of nothing constantly and seems extremely one dimensional. 

That said, i enjoy the combat, materia fusion mechanic and intimate moments between Zack, Sephiroth and Aerith. 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Crisis Core Reunion kinda has a shitty story and so lame dialogue. While the original FF7 wasn't a Shakespearean masterpiece, it was atleast entertaining. I kinda hope FF7 Remake pretends alot of this didn't happen, which seems to be the case so far

Reunion is shoehorning alot of shit in the canon that didnt need to be there, like Genesis for instance. Dude says a whole lot of nothing constantly and seems extremely one dimensional. 

That said, i enjoy the combat, materia fusion mechanic and intimate moments between Zack, Sephiroth and Aerith. 

Genesis was insufferable man. I don't know anybody that actually likes that character. Did he have one line of dialogue that wasn't quoted from Loveless?

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Crisis Core is worth  it for the combat and as mentioned the moments between Zack, Seph, Cloud and Aerith. 

And I dunno I have some slight worries. Deep Ground from Dirge of Cerberus is in the Yuffie DLC, and those guys link back to Genesis so...

With that said a lot of CCs story is honestly inconsequential to events that happen after it, so they can easily be ignored without losing much of anything. So here's hoping they do that. I don't need any new info on Hollander thanks. 

It's somewhat unfortunate they went with just a graphical and sub systems update instead of a remake like 7 if only because it would have been a good opportunity to shore up a lot of CCs narrative short comings. The game should have spent a lot more time on the Wutai War stuff instead of chasing Genesis clones to and fro. Considering a party memeber in the core experience is from Wutai this is a real missed opportunity to not only flesh out core characters like Zack and Seph, but also places like Wutai and it's impact on the people living there. As much as I like Zack I'd like him even more if his slide away from Shinra had started at witnessing the abuses inflicted upon the Wutai people over thr course of the war for what amounts to Oil. Decent political message there to and FF7 is a very politically messaged game. It has strong opinions and voices them. Crisis Core misses a strong opportunity to continue the trend. 

I really like Crisis Core and I'm happy with the "Remaster" we got, but the games pretty flawed and spends a lot of time of narrative content I don't think most people can really muster the energy to give a fuck about. The fact Genesis looks exactly like Gackt is extra off putting as well. 

Edit: Hold up hold up, did I just read that right? Resident Evil 5 JUST NOW got local split screen co-op support on PC/Steam? Fucking really? That wasn't...a like...a basic feature on PC?....Cuz it as on Console...

Edited by RSG3