Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

In a general sense, this is the first update that the PS3 has received in nearly a year. Back in May 2022, Sony let loose patch 4.89 for the PS3 which served a more direct purpose of improving system security. Since 2019, though, the PS3 has only received six new console updates in total, most of which have merely looked to improve system performance. With this in mind, it's always a rare instance whenever we do get a new PS3 update of this type. 

At this point in time, we obviously don't know what the purpose of this new PS3 update is given that Sony hasn't shed any light on the matter itself. Per usual, though, those within the PlayStation community will likely start digging into this new patch within the coming days to discover more about what it entails. If there are any major changes that have come about as a result of this patch, we'll be sure to let you know in the future. 

Seeing the dlc announcement for Elden Ring and it blows my mind how the game is just now a year old. It feels like it came out only a few months ago. I guess that's a testament to how much I enjoyed the game that I still think about it to this degree. I'd go back and finish up the remaining extra bosses, but there are so many good games I haven't played yet.

I was aware of this game but not very aware of the specifics. This guy bought the arcade board and built proper controllers and everything to play and I gotta say this game looks really cool. I'd really like to try it some day. Very unique fighting game with cool sounding subsystems. Looks like it has a pretty high learning curve. 

Edited by RSG3

Wooo boy, I'm not even a fan of this franchise but goddamn this is a disaster... including "single-use" cosmetics... one of the greediest concepts around at the moment...surprising more companies don't try it from what I hear... I *think* Destiny 1 or 2 had that going on as well?  Seriously, that 1 little detail is so amazing it sounds like a joke or parody someone came up with to poke fun at how the industry is today...

57 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Wooo boy, I'm not even a fan of this franchise but goddamn this is a disaster... including "single-use" cosmetics... one of the greediest concepts around at the moment...surprising more companies don't try it from what I hear... I *think* Destiny 1 or 2 had that going on as well?  Seriously, that 1 little detail is so amazing it sounds like a joke or parody someone came up with to poke fun at how the industry is today...

Destiny 2 had single use cosmetics for colors.

Yeah... and that's insane to me... "here's a shader....but you can only use it the one time." Bruh c'monnnn...  The level of greed it takes to come up with that... is STRONG. 🤣

That seems to be the driving mindset of the suits in the bigger companies at this point--- "what kind of slimy shit can we legally get away with here..?"  That seems to be how they approach any situation in this industry.  ...y'know, the kind of people who probably say: "Why include a color wheel/picker customization thing when we could sell that off....as individual colors....maybe 2.99 each!"  ...then the other guy who's even more devious is like "....one-time use though...then they have to keep buying the same color repeatedly." 😆

Edited by MillionX
10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I was aware of this game but not very aware of the specifics. This guy bought the arcade board and built proper controllers and everything to play and I gotta say this game looks really cool. I'd really like to try it some day. Very unique fighting game with cool sounding subsystems. Looks like it has a pretty high learning curve. 

Yeah, it is a shame the Neo Geo 64 boards failed to catch on like they did. But the tech was too late and arcades were dying. Buriki One was definitely one of those unfortunate casualties where you would have loved to see what more they could have done with this set up and style.

How Star Wars Jedi: Survivor evolves the Met-*gets a look from RSG* Search Action Platformer Roots of Jedi Fallen Order

https://www.ign.com/articles/how-star-wars-jedi-survivor-evolves-the-metroidvania-roots-of-jedi-fallen-order-ign-first

Actiblizz is in trouble again, CWA filed charges against them for firing 2 QA workers

https://www.ign.com/articles/cwa-files-charges-against-activision-for-firing-of-2-qa-workers

Its not as serious as before, from what I'm reading it seems ActiBlizz changed a mandate to make QA people work from the office at least 3 days a week and these 2 QA testers protested using "strong language" so they fired them.

extra

Hello guys! Exciting day for me today as the Kickstarter for my new NES action-adventure game Save The Kuin campaign just launched. The game is 100% Finished and works on a real NES console!  I am raising funds to produce the physical cartridge.

I will leave link to the Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/savethekuin/save-the-kuin-a-brand-new-game-for-the-nes

A bit about my story if you are interested:

https://yukahugames.weebly.com/blog

I know there are some retro gamers in here, so if this is something that may interest you I appreciate if you can give it a quick view.

Either way, thank you !   I have being an avid lurker since 2006 SRK days and now here on MegaShock where some of the most chill guys from SRK hang out.  

I am open to answering any questions you guys may had.

Edited by LuvMyCap
2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Yeah... and that's insane to me... "here's a shader....but you can only use it the one time." Bruh c'monnnn...  The level of greed it takes to come up with that... is STRONG. 🤣

That seems to be the driving mindset of the suits in the bigger companies at this point--- "what kind of slimy shit can we legally get away with here..?"  That seems to be how they approach any situation in this industry.  ...y'know, the kind of people who probably say: "Why include a color wheel/picker customization thing when we could sell that off....as individual colors....maybe 2.99 each!"  ...then the other guy who's even more devious is like "....one-time use though...then they have to keep buying the same color repeatedly." 😆

It just as insane when 2K wouldn't allow you to preview styles in the player creator unless paid for it. When Team Ninja finally added customization to DoA6, they wanted to charge a $1 to revert changes. These fucks are make you pay for basic functionality if they can get away with it.

ah, they could still get even more greedy... it just hit me that one of the big publishers might try this some day from their "monetization brainstorm session"

"So...what if we charged them 24.99 for just the title screen?"

"....what?"

"Y'know...just that title screen....THEN... it's an extra 49.99 to actually start the game."

"Oh but wait...check this out though...how 'bout we charge them the 24.99 for the title screen...but 20 bucks for *each* thing on there, like Continue, New Game, New Game+, and the Options... we may want to split it up into parts too; like they have to buy each piece of the game world for 10 bucks...."

"heh niiiiice, yeah that's a good one.  Those saps will probably go for it, lol.  Some will complain but most will roll over and buy anyway.  We should also stick to the plan with it being online-only, then when the sequel comes out, we delete part 1 right off the servers....hahaha!"

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

I'm done. Fuck this game and fuck this studio. 15 years, 15 fucking years ago they announced this game. Dumbfuck Duke Nukem Forever actually showed gameplay in its 10 year dev cycle. Yea it all got scrapped and shit, but we haven't even seen a single second of gameplay of this horse shit game. Just cgi trailer bullshit. This is never coming out. I even doubt anything on this project is even real at this point. 

So fuck you Ubi, fuck you Ancel, and fuck this project. I'm out.

32 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's too bad Nintendo seems to have botched the physical release to Metroid Prime Remaster so badly. I've Ben to 3 places today and none of them it nor know when they will be getting more of it. Pretty disappointing. Might have to bybitndigital regardles....

I’m out running errands with the girlfriend today. If I see a copy in the Wild I’ll snag it for you and you can pay me back. 

I borrowed this game from a friend of mine back in high school. I used the headset that came package with socom to play this game. This is the most frustrating game I ever played in my life. Rio would never fucking listen.

Looking at this video this game was definitely ahead of its time. A game like this would actually be playable with current tech. Amazon could use a game like this to get Alexa in more homes.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's too bad Nintendo seems to have botched the physical release to Metroid Prime Remaster so badly. I've Ben to 3 places today and none of them it nor know when they will be getting more of it. Pretty disappointing. Might have to bybitndigital regardles....

Yeah, given the success of Dread, you would think they would have more faith in one of their most well known IP and one if it's Hallmark games. But since the days of Mario Bros 3 shortages, Nintendo is conservative with their physical stuff to a fault to save money at times.

Been playing through Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe. Got my niece a copy since she loves the game just as much as I do. We played this game so much that we can spot nearly all the differences between the original and the Switch enhanced port. I love Kirby's new animations for the Super Abilities but RIP to Kirby saying "HIYA!" every time he gets one. 

Spoiler

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF