Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Evo lineup announced

https://www.ign.com/articles/evo-2023-lineup-announced-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-returns-street-fighter-6-debuts

A total of eight fighting games will be featured in competition at Evo 2023, and are listed below:

• Street Fighter 6 - PS4 (Capcom)
  • Guilty Gear Strive - PS4 (Arc System Works)
  • Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate - PS4 (Warner Bros. Games)
  • Tekken 7 - PS4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
  • The King of Fighters XV - PS4 (SNK)
  • Melty Blood Type Lumina - PS4 (Lasengle)
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ - PS4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - PS4 (Capcom)

Kind of curious about SF6 runnning on PS4 because...no.1  Sony has a stake in this tourney sooo why are they not providing PS5's for this?  I'd extend that to Strive too.  The big surprise is UMvC3 making a return!

10 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Evo lineup announced

https://www.ign.com/articles/evo-2023-lineup-announced-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-returns-street-fighter-6-debuts

Kind of curious about SF6 runnning on PS4 because...no.1  Sony has a stake in this tourney sooo why are they not providing PS5's for this?  I'd extend that to Strive too.  The big surprise is UMvC3 making a return!

The PS4 version hasn't even been seen by anyone. Are we sure that isn't a typo? 🤔

On 2/21/2023 at 9:56 PM, Sonichuman said:

MGS 2 gets in on the AI action

https://files.catbox.moe/78vk8j.webm

No this isn't real but it doesn't sound out of place does it?

Also speaking of AI...The presidents have a conversation about Fallout

I like how terrifying this is. It goes on about AI altering our perception and this was made by AI, and its done so well you couldn't tell it wasn't real unless you played the actual game. Vid works on so many levels

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

The reviews I've seen for it have been rather mixed so I'm interested in your opinion. 

Yeah, one thing I saw was that apparently at least for a some of the mixed and negative reviews out there the problems they had were due the performance issues on platforms and pc.

There was an update yesterday that apparently fixed the issues for a lot of people, but it is still present for some others.

I was gonna wait some time before buying it, but all my friends who I have been playing MH for years were telling me that the game was really good and even offered to buy it for me to start playing.

So I took their offer (partially) and bought it.

So far, I am not noticing the issues some reviewrs mentioned, so I assume that at least on PS5 on performance mode, the game is running much better than at launch.

Edit

BTW, the combat so far feels like an evolution from Toukiden.

Very actiony in very aspects.

Edited by Hecatom
24 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah, one thing I saw was that apparently at least for a some of the mixed and negative reviews out there the problems they had were due the performance issues on platforms and pc.

There was an update yesterday that apparently fixed the issues for a lot of people, but it is still present for some others.

I was gonna wait some time before buying it, but all my friends who I have been playing MH for years were telling me that the game was really good and even offered to buy it for me to start playing.

So I took their offer (partially) and bought it.

So far, I am not noticing the issues some reviewrs mentioned, so I assume that at least on PS5 on performance mode, the game is running much better than at launch.

Edit

BTW, the combat so far feels like an evolution from Toukiden.

Very actiony in very aspects.

You can use building anything to cancel pretty much anything else. Enjoy your new super speed gameplay 🙂

8 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So did Metroid Prime Remastered physical get delayed everywhere?  Or is it just my region?  Ain't no stores have that shit in stock.

Seems to be everywhere. Some places got it, I've seen a few people say they have it, but it seems most places didn't get their shipment for some reason. 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

So did Metroid Prime Remastered physical get delayed everywhere?  Or is it just my region?  Ain't no stores have that shit in stock.

From recollection it sold out right away. Day of the direct IIRC.

Edit: RSG3 seems to have more accurate info. Gotta love the work post delay 😅

Edited by Darc_Requiem

A few weeks ago I got to play Salmon Run with one of my friends I made via Splatoon 3 matches. I was excited to get paired up with them. That is, until the actual waves started. On the very off chance this person is a member of these forums I'll call this person Kevin. No offense to any of you that are actually named Kevin. 

Anyhoo, Kevin kept effin' up. Like, CONSTANTLY. Every time I turn my back, Kevin is crying "Help!" And I'm like, dude! DUDE! I'm fighting off bosses here! So I bring him back to life. 6 seconds later, someone is behind me going "Help!" Let me guess, could it beeeee KEVIN?! Sure enough, it is! I have never had to revive the same player during waves X amount of times. Ish was crazy. The second Kevin left my lobby, the game improved SO much. Were were WINNING!

Never get in my lobby again Kevin. Never. NEVER!

Spoiler

Harry Potter No GIF

19 minutes ago, purbeast said:

That State of Play was really bad.

Why is Sony going in so hard with that Suicide Squad game?  It looks complete and utter shit and every character moves like Spiderman lol wtf?  It looks like it was a F2P mobile game or something.

I don't know if it is Sony or someone at WBD got to push this game probably to break even. After such a long development and the financial issues they got, a flop or hohum release would probably have them start downsizing more then they likely already plan on.

59 minutes ago, purbeast said:

That State of Play was really bad.

Why is Sony going in so hard with that Suicide Squad game?  It looks complete and utter shit and every character moves like Spiderman lol wtf?  It looks like it was a F2P mobile game or something.

WB is in severe debt and I guess they need this game to do well financially. 

See canceling Batgirl film for a tax write off and licensing many WB shows to free streaming services for extra cash.