Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Get it while it’s hot! TOTK CE

@Sonichuman @Chadouken

game, poster, pin set, Steel case, art book. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-collectors-deluxe-edition-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-oled-model-nintendo-switch-lite/6535550.p?skuId=6535550

i wish I could help secure guys copies but I have almost All my money tied up into my Knoxville trip at the end of the month. 

Edited by iStu X
48 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Get it while it’s hot! TOTK CE

@Sonichuman @Chadouken

game, poster, pin set, Steel case, art book. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-collectors-deluxe-edition-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-oled-model-nintendo-switch-lite/6535550.p?skuId=6535550

i wish I could help secure guys copies but I have almost All my money tied up into my Knoxville trip at the end of the month. 

I gotta wait.  I get paid this Friday.  It looks like the collector's edition got bodied already though.

25 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

So looks like they give the option of Gyro controls when using the dual stick option for MP Remastered so you actually do have the option of controlling it similar to Splatoon which is fucking great.  They pretty much gave every option they could think of to the game.

Can you control it like Corruption? That control scheme was amazing.

37 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Can you control it like Corruption? That control scheme was amazing.

Yes you can control it with pointer controls.

Edit: Another member of the VGM community has now transitioned into making music for games

Hyper Potions will also be helping with music for this game

And James Landino and Mason Lieberman

Edited by Sonichuman

yeah I can confirm; Hogwart's Legacy on the ps5 has some truly incredible graphics...  

I'm still just scratching the surface; last night I did 2 main missions that are just "go to this class and learn the new spell" situations... and a sidequest where I battled some other students....so now I have that spell that lets me snatch things (or people) out of midair to bring them close, and a levitate spell.  

35 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I clicked the link within minutes of it being posted on BB and GameStop. Both were DOA. 

39 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Well...TotK CE WAS up on GS website 5 hours ago.  And it looks like it got bodied too. 

That really sucks, guys. I was fortunate to get 15 copies myself. 

Edited by Chadouken
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Well...TotK CE WAS up on GS website 5 hours ago.  And it looks like it got bodied too.  I wanna hope the scalpers aren't working over time on this but who am I kidding?  They probably are.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I clicked the link within minutes of it being posted on BB and GameStop. Both were DOA. 

BB shows as coming soon - Typically, that means the (initial) preorders have sold out. My tactic on stuff like this is the check the site again around 1AM the day of launch (e.g., 5/12/2023 1 AM). That's actually how I secured my PS5 and the more rare Marvel steelbooks at launch 😎. Granted, you'll likely have to do in store pick up. 

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Well...TotK CE WAS up on GS website 5 hours ago.  And it looks like it got bodied too.  I wanna hope the scalpers aren't working over time on this but who am I kidding?  They probably are.

Back on the forum....and....
jim carrey attorney GIF

DAMN SCAPLERS!! 
Should've pre-ordered Ganon's Salty Runback...aka Tears of the Kingdom months ago!!
F@#K!!!

35 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

Back on the forum....and....
jim carrey attorney GIF

DAMN SCAPLERS!! 
Should've pre-ordered Ganon's Salty Runback...aka Tears of the Kingdom months ago!!
F@#K!!!

Well the CE wasn't available months ago and was only just recently made available.  You can still preorder just the game though.  I'm going to be actively on the hunt starting tomorrow.  If I happen to spot it I'll put it up.

Edited by Sonichuman
15 hours ago, iStu X said:

baten Kaitos collection remaster and the NSO updates were my favorite parts of the direct. 

lots of good QoL updates 

Biggest improvement: "Game will include Japanese VA only."

I'm not one of those "turn my nose up at English VA" dudes. The English VA in Baten Kaitos was atrocious. It was like they heard Resident Evil 1 and said "That'll do."

Just now, Lantis said:

Hogwarts Legacy already doing more for the HP franchise than the horrendous Fantastic Beasts spinoffs

The greatest mistake that JKR and WB did was to try to tie those movies with established chars.

No joke, I would have preferred if they focused on just Newt and Jacob.

Let Jacob be the stand in for the audience and just focus on self contained stories about both exploring the magical world.

If they really wanted to have an overarching story, let it be something less world ending, so it can be still something as an lighthearted exploration of the world and the lore.