Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

5 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Nakayama will be showcasing the 4 new characters on a special livestream tomorrow morning at 6 AM EST / 3 AM PST.

I truly love that they're just completely glossing over Honda, Dhalsim and Blanka. It's like they understand what those characters really are and want to make sure SF6 keeps its best foot forward by pretending they don't exist for as long as possible.

14 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

I truly love that they're just completely glossing over Honda, Dhalsim and Blanka. It's like they understand what those characters really are and want to make sure SF6 keeps its best foot forward by pretending they don't exist for as long as possible.

They did the same thing for those guys (+ Ken) but it was during the same week they were revealed at TGS. The weird thing about that was we really haven't seen any more stuff from them since then, minus the official upload of their character theme. Honestly up until the TGA's I actually forgot they were in the game myself 😭

10 hours ago, Yiceman said:

Quite frankly, Honda and Dhalsim look more interesting than most of the new characters to me. There are exceptions like JP, Manon, Marisa, and to a lesser extent Kimberly, but none of the other SF6 newcomers hold a candle to the returning characters.

A few things-

1- I don't understand a thing they are saying but their cheering on the sidelines of the SF6 matches was hype!

2- Dee Jay's backwards walk animation 😍

3- That killer eyebrows on that one Japanese guy. We live for a brow kween!

4- JP really likes to stick out his ass. If you got it flaunt it?

The dudes that showcased the SF6 footage on the last preview did a terrible job. 

I know they are targeting the game at a wide audience of players of different skill levels but basically showing 5 minutes of nothing but spamming drive impact and jumping is a garbage way of promoting your game.

They should reconsider how they do these.

Edited by Skort
18 minutes ago, Skort said:

They should reconsider how they do these.

I'm sure they assume these kinds of shows only have a Japanese audience, and I think there's a cultural expectation that the people playing are going to be absolutely awful.

I'm not saying I get it, but "unqualified person gets a chance to try something out" is kind of a TV trope over there.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It could be he has a different throw depending on the position of his opponent. Mika has two different forward throws in SF5 depending if her opponent is crouching.

Yeah, and if you go way back Gief has a bunch of different positional grabs in World Warriors.  I believe it would be new to Sim though, iirc.

Just now, Sonero said:

Sim had two grabs in SF2: Punches yoga noogie and kicks was him tossing them back to hell. You could be right that they may turned one into a command grab and given it a diff animation though.

Yeah, now that you've said that I can remember it (it's been a minute for me since I've touched SF2).

It'd be pretty interesting if they implement him with multiple "normal" throws (maybe something like down+lp+lk).  His  back throw was also shown, so he def has at least 3.

17 minutes ago, Edmund said:

@Twinblades are you not maining a blonde anymore?

I actually really hated the fact that blond was such a dominate color in SFV. Every time I booted up the game I could feel the spirit of Hitler telling me to join the Reich with the other blondies. That's why I was glad Kolin got a red hair alt for her default. I'm still gonna sub Cammy but I'm gonna all in on Manon.

17 minutes ago, Edmund said:

Man Daigo can be a chill dude when he's in his element.