Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

On 12/23/2022 at 3:51 PM, Shahenzan said:

im sure it works great in asia, the koreans and japanese on steam netplay seem fine even after this patch fucked with things
but out here in burger land it sucks ass

I played for hours with Tobi actually and outside of the infinite loading times, when it starts the connection is fucking flawless

1 hour ago, ZioSerpe said:

I played for hours with Tobi actually and outside of the infinite loading times, when it starts the connection is fucking flawless

Yeah ill bet it took hours with the way that rematch time is this patch 💀

Who yall playing now anyway? I'm guessing youre playing ushi but tobi...vlov? Dan?

The Suns are garbage again so it's back to focusing on FGC stuff. Today I'm going to purchase my tickets to Capcom Cup as the hotel and flight are already accounted for. 

With the end of 2022 comes the resolution for 2023: SFxT on one of the big EVO stages again now that I've proven time and time again that when given the same platform as other games it will shine when it comes to viewcounts. It's unrealistic to ask for a tournament on that stage but I can definitely do an exhibition and I've already picked out who would be a part of it.

To accomplish this, I am partnered with Freshcut and Matcherino. A few months back I showed you guys the tweet of the hand-biters getting mad that I dared to dream bigger than the tail end of the BYOC area for the game that allowed me to weather the worst parts of my adult life, but with 2023 in view I'm going to share with you guys a long-winded DM I got on FB on that same topic. I omitted his name which is more than what he's done for me on the public spaces, but maybe he'll get some sense in his maligned head between now and next EVO and realize what I'm doing is for the sake of "the mission" that I mentioned above.

I now present to you guys...THE 99 THESES!

https://pastebin.com/xCA6rLaU?fbclid=IwAR1yRNUrm1xFaZWYadUEAABI5udRRIi-0akRN1AVEViSBtF3tTUMdHfVGJI

Edited by Psychoblue

Dang, good on Juicebox for compiling all that. I was actually just wondering how scaling works, especially for supers. I was wondering if it scaled like SFV to 50% of it's total damage minimum and it looks like level 3's do (and level 1's 30% level 2's 40% which isn't bad), so that's good that ending combos in Supers is still a solid option. Which makes sense since you can only spend bar on supers. Might as well let em do damage.

Edited by Jocelot
1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

uhhh... tl;dr please??

I don't know if you can TLDR it. Hmmm, I'll give it a shot.

• Scaling on standard combos starts on the 3rd hit which scales at 80% and decreases from there
  • Multi-hit special moves count as 1 attack for the purposes of scaling. So Lightning Legs doesn't scale per hit anymore. 
  • Scaling from lights starts on the 2nd hit at 90% and decreases from there
  • Combos starting with a cancelable Medium scaled to 80% on the following attack and decrease from there
  • Combos after Perfect Parry start at 50% scaling and decrease from there
  • Jamie does 90% damage. Each drink boots his damage by 5%
  • Kimberly does 90% damage, she does 100% damage after using her level 3 Super

I think that covers the major points.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:
  • Jamie does 90% damage. Each drink boots his damage by 5%
  • Kimberly does 90% damage, she does 100% damage after using her level 3 Super

That's so weird. Wouldn't it be easier to consider their default output 100% and increase it from there, mathematically speaking?

I've also wondered why they're using these inflated health and damage numbers compared to previous games, but maybe that's all related to these systems. 

4 hours ago, delete_me said:

That's so weird. Wouldn't it be easier to consider their default output 100% and increase it from there, mathematically speaking?

I've also wondered why they're using these inflated health and damage numbers compared to previous games, but maybe that's all related to these systems. 

People have looked at the damage values of their attacks in comparison to the rest of the cast. Typically Jabs, Strong, Fierces have standard damage values as do Short, Forward, and Roundhouses. For example. If Roundhouses did 100 damage standard. Jamie and Kim's would only do 90. Kim's value would go to 100 after her level 3. Where as Jamie's damage would look like this.

• 0 Drinks 90 Damage
  • 1 Drink 95 Damage
  • 2 Drinks 100 Damage
  • 3 Drinks 105 Damage
  • 4 Drinks 110 Damage
2 hours ago, Counterstrike said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ti0ALVk8Q&ab_channel=HiFight

Well gad damn!!! We're clearly wayyyyyyyyyyyy  beyond the point where people said this game didn't have any combos. It's really insane considering we haven't seen what the other revealed fighters are capable of!!

I thought SF6 would hit the ground running on release, but this game is already flying!

Hey y’all, so some really strange stuff is happening at my local GameStops to reserve the Mad Gear Box collector’s edition for SF6. I went to one to reserve the game and one of the employees said it was “sold out”, which doesn’t make any sense for a pre-order, especially so early before release. So I called another one and I still couldn’t pre-order.

I got fed up and decided to go to the website  instead. And strangely enough, I was able to preorder through the website. I’m not sure what the deal is with their ordering system or if this is a Capcom issue, but man that experience really sucked. And let’s just add to the issue that I can’t even play until 2-4 days after release. I love our Street Fighter CEs but dang, wasn’t expecting such a bush league level of customer service… Anyone else run into a similar issue?

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

In your defense you'd have to got back to SF3 or Alpha. Not an option in IV or V.

Technically yes, but with Supers and Ultras being available in SFIV, you could at least get somewhat similar extensions (EX Tatsu into Ultra etc.).

SFV was too limited in that sense (and a lot of others).

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Bro the MvC3 people are too HAM:

At this point they've made enough new characters for a brand new game. This shit is crazy.

I agree completely man. I don't even care for MvC3 that much but bought a PC copy a few months back to mess around with all the new characters. As time goes by, they get better and better at it. It's insane.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I agree completely man. I don't even care for MvC3 that much but bought a PC copy a few months back to mess around with all the new characters. As time goes by, they get better and better at it. It's insane.

Think there's enough talent in the FGC to legit make CvS3 without anybody's help. It's impressive how much they've modded into that game.