Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Small clip showing example on how to punish Kimberly's f.hk into mixup. At first it may look intimidating but it has a lot of gaps and multiple way to counter it, even the hop kick into backdash she does that appears to be safe can be countered. I covered a few in my last video but i expanded upon it a bit with some new stuff i found for the backdash she does.

•  F.hk hop kick she does into cross up , you can air to air it, crouch anti air normal, air grab it or dp
  • F.hk hop kick into neutral jump has pretty much the same counters as i listed above
  • F.hk hop kick into backdash that's "safe". It's not really you can do the following : you can go for a dash of your own and apply pressure since you will have plus frames once until she recovers, not enough for a punish but you get your turn back. You can perfect parry and go for a fully punish though it will be scaled like all perfect parry punishes do or if your character has long range specials like Juri you can go for a clean no risk pusnish with fuhajin ( unstored , stored and ex all versions work ) ,but you need to do it when she is still airborn. It's easy to time.

Don't get hit by random crap online. I'll probably do a small vide on how to counter Jamie's stuff next.

Edited by Skort

Street Fighter III Early Character Designs Show Playable Velociraptor

The second character after the velociraptor is an “American Ryu” who can use aikido. He would have been a passionate New York cop. Next to him is “Pankration Guy,” and after him is “Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner.” The Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner would have only used throws and holds, though they are blockable. When he uses his kiai, he can cause his enemies to stumble and become unable to get up. Also, the Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner would have had a pretty wife.

Other characters we can see in the early character designs include a street dancer, an assassin, a marionette master, and a businessman. It is unclear how the businessman would have fought against martial arts practitioners on the level of Ryu or Chun-Li. The street dancer, on the other hand, would have used capoeira. The majority of his moves would have utilized his feet and legs.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Been playing SFV again ever since the beta for 6 ended. When I came back it felt weird because of how much Kolins VT2 was dialed back since I last played. I fell all the way down to ultra platinum. It was kind of demoralizing because I honestly thought my skills wouldn’t have deteriorated that badly. Now I’m 400 points away from Super Diamond and I’ve been taking games off this warlord Honda and it feels fucking great. My goal is to get to master before 6 drops and I think I might be able to do it. 

PS Kolin’s VT1 is broken now so it’s been carrying me 🙂

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Street Fighter III Early Character Designs Show Playable Velociraptor

The second character after the velociraptor is an “American Ryu” who can use aikido. He would have been a passionate New York cop. Next to him is “Pankration Guy,” and after him is “Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner.” The Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner would have only used throws and holds, though they are blockable. When he uses his kiai, he can cause his enemies to stumble and become unable to get up. Also, the Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner would have had a pretty wife.

Other characters we can see in the early character designs include a street dancer, an assassin, a marionette master, and a businessman. It is unclear how the businessman would have fought against martial arts practitioners on the level of Ryu or Chun-Li. The street dancer, on the other hand, would have used capoeira. The majority of his moves would have utilized his feet and legs.

Thanks dude, we had the pics on story thread few days ago but not translation info, will post there too 👍

37 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Hey guys, can y'all answer some questions for me? 
1) are people still playing the beta? And if so how? 
2) I read juri didn't have to store her ground projectile in sf6, is this true? 
3) is there a general consensus on when sf6 will be released? 
Thanks. 

1) There's a cracked beta on PC.  Some people here are playing it. 

2) Juri doesn't have to store to get access to her projectile anymore.  

3) Nobody knows the release date other than it may be coming in the spring at the earliest.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
2 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Man I've always wanted to play juri but HATE store characters, same reason I never labbed ibuki, but definetely playing her in sf6 then if it stays this way. 

Juri still needs to store in 6.

If you are playing her while using her non stored specials you will never play her at her true potential,keep that up in mind.

Unstored specials are okay ish but her stored ones provide more damage /  extra juggles etc

Good thing that her combo routes are really good in 6 so a lot of your combos will include gaining a store and ending up in a DP. Meaning you get rewarded with both a fuha stock and Oki from her basic bnb combos.

2 minutes ago, Skort said:

Juri still needs to store in 6.

If you are playing her while using her non stored specials you will never play her at her true potential,keep that up in mind.

Unstored specials are okay ish but her stored ones provide more damage /  extra juggles etc

Good thing that her combo routes are really good in 6 so a lot of your combos will include gaining a store and ending up in a DP. Meaning you get rewarded with both a fuha stock and Oki from her basic bnb combos.

So there's variations in sf6? 

1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

So there's variations in sf6? 

Of her stores ? If so, yes.

• Unstorted specials, can be comboed into from normals but won't provide enough frame advantage to combo into another normal and also can't cancel one store into another. But it does leave you plus on hit so you can continue pressure.
  • Stored specials, more damage, more juggles, can cancel one store into another ,can follow up with a normal after medium store for example, meaning you can cancel into drive rush for mixup / damage / etc if you chose to
  • Unstored EX , all of the above
  • Stored EX , all of the above but can cancel one store into another and can meter burn heavy fuha into ex medium fuha in 2 ways. Early cancel from heavy fuha into medium fuha forces opponent on the ground and it allows you co follow up with a normal ( that you can follow up with a drive rush cancel or different special like DP for example ) or late cancel that ground bounces opponent making them airborn where she can follow up with a dp for OKi , level 1 / 2 / 3 supers
  • Where some of  her normals reach depend on what type of store you will use, for example if you do medium store axe kick you can follow up with a cr.mp / cr.mk x special / drive rush etc   but if you do EX medium store you can only follow up with a cr.mk as the pushback is higher but it does more damage initially.

That's only her stored specials in a nutshell,she has 3 different ways of storing as well that can be connected from different versions as they are different startups and some move her forward while some do not. 

Needless to say, resource management is key for Juri as it always has been and situational awareness is something you need to be very on point with if you play the character. She is labeled as hard to play for a good reason.

Edited by Skort
2 hours ago, Skort said:

Of her stores ? If so, yes.

• Unstorted specials, can be comboed into from normals but won't provide enough frame advantage to combo into another normal and also can't cancel one store into another. But it does leave you plus on hit so you can continue pressure.
  • Stored specials, more damage, more juggles, can cancel one store into another ,can follow up with a normal after medium store for example, meaning you can cancel into drive rush for mixup / damage / etc if you chose to
  • Unstored EX , all of the above
  • Stored EX , all of the above but can cancel one store into another and can meter burn heavy fuha into ex medium fuha in 2 ways. Early cancel from heavy fuha into medium fuha forces opponent on the ground and it allows you co follow up with a normal ( that you can follow up with a drive rush cancel or different special like DP for example ) or late cancel that ground bounces opponent making them airborn where she can follow up with a dp for OKi , level 1 / 2 / 3 supers
  • Where some of  her normals reach depend on what type of store you will use, for example if you do medium store axe kick you can follow up with a cr.mp / cr.mk x special / drive rush etc   but if you do EX medium store you can only follow up with a cr.mk as the pushback is higher but it does more damage initially.

That's only her stored specials in a nutshell,she has 3 different ways of storing as well that can be connected from different versions as they are different startups and some move her forward while some do not. 

Needless to say, resource management is key for Juri as it always has been and situational awareness is something you need to be very on point with if you play the character. She is labeled as hard to play for a good reason.

Oh wow, ok then un-stored is basically a watered down version of juri, that sucks. Thanks. Is the best female character gonna be in sf6? For those that aren't aware of the obvious I'm talking about Laura. 

Edited by Maravilla
Needed more text.
1 hour ago, Maravilla said:

Oh wow, ok then un-stored is basically a watered down version of juri, that sucks. Thanks. Is the best female character gonna be in sf6? For those that aren't aware of the obvious I'm talking about Laura. 

If she is, it will be down the line. She isn't on the year 1 roster. I saw Idom using Juri in the SF6 Beta.

With each character having different ranks it's going to be a cool game to level up your alts and just have fun while learning them vs people on similar skill level as your alts.

Since you guys were talking about Laura i can definitely see  her returning since her  visual design is good and she is fun to play as well and yea i alt her so i'm a bit biased but its facts regardless imo. But ngl i want Poison more when it comes to my alts.

Sadly i kinda gave up hope for old man Gouken. My old SF 4 main  ( i alted Juri  in 4 ) ,he was so fun but sadly not popular enough to return, yet edgelord shotos always have a spot in the roster like Evil Ryu and Kage,quite a shame.

Will always respect the old man.

3c1d616ba133281580cd61d1b8f1d3f7.jpg

Edited by Skort
3 hours ago, Skort said:

Sadly i kinda gave up hope for old man Gouken. My old SF 4 main  ( i alted Juri  in 4 ) ,he was so fun but sadly not popular enough to return, yet edgelord shotos always have a spot in the roster like Evil Ryu and Kage,quite a shame.

Don't worry, we will see him again because he still has to die to Akuma. Whether that's gonna be off-game like Gen in SF5 or possibly in SF6 down the line is unknown.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Don't worry, we will see him again because he still has to die to Akuma. Whether that's gonna be off-game like Gen in SF5 or possibly in SF6 down the line is unknown.

Akuma has to go through the loser's bracket before he can have a chance to match Gouken up with Gouken in Grand Finals. He lost 2-1. Lost before mastering SGS, won after mastering SGS, and then lost after Gouken sealed SNH in Ryu in SFIV. Gouken only needs one set to take Grand Finals. Akuma needs two sets. 😉

Edit: Looks like Akuma 3-0'd Gen in Losers finals. Time for the rematch 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 hours ago, Skort said:

With each character having different ranks it's going to be a cool game to level up your alts and just have fun while learning them vs people on similar skill level as your alts.

Since you guys were talking about Laura i can definitely see  her returning since her  visual design is good and she is fun to play as well and yea i alt her so i'm a bit biased but its facts regardless imo. But ngl i want Poison more when it comes to my alts.

Will always respect the old man.

3c1d616ba133281580cd61d1b8f1d3f7.jpg

I wouldn't be worried about popularity when it comes to returning characters.

Seth returned, and he was definitely less popular than Gouken. Birdie returned and most people didn't even remember he existed. Lucia was picked over Maki even though Maki has a relatively significant following and Lucia was a much more obscure Final Fight protagonist. All of those characters were picked over Makoto, who was on top of popularity polls.

Capcom doesn't decide which characters will return purely on popularity, in fact they seldomly go for the less popular picks.

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

Don't worry, we will see him again because he still has to die to Akuma

Yea,miss me with that.

If they brought him back from the dead ( coma ) only to be killed by edgelord Akuma so Ryu can awaken yet another power he has hidden somewhere in that new beard then that's garbage storytelling at it's finest.

Gouken deserves better.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Yea,miss me with that.

If they brought him back from the dead ( coma ) only to be killed by edgelord Akuma so Ryu can awaken yet another power he has hidden somewhere in that new beard then that's garbage storytelling at it's finest.

Gouken deserves better.

Honestly if they were going to kill him, I thought it would be in SFIV. The games intro gave me that impression. Although when I think about it now, it seems like a re-enactment of the battle Akuma won previously. They were just too lazy to make the two of them look younger. Vanilla SFIV' endings interlinked. You basically string them together in chronological order and get a somewhat coherent story. They made a point of showing Gouken and Akuma would fight over Ryu. When Gouken shows up in SFV, it tells you that he won that fight. Akuma wouldn't have spared him. Gouken was stronger prior to Akuma mastering SGS, With him developing a counter to it, Akuma's victory is no longer a given. It explains Akuma developing other "ultimate" techniques since.

I'm not quite sure why people on the interwebz  are debating the PC vs Console topic yet again, or more like it never stopped.

Yes PC will always be more expensive because parts are expensive , more so in today's messed up market. If you only want to game while chillaxed on your couch then Console is the way to go, however if you are like me and multi task 24/7  between  work stuff / game / renders / editing  and so on the PC is clearly the better choice as it's capable of so much more. Options and performance comes at a cost.

Having that said a well equipped and configured PC will always perform better than a console, just don't fool yourself in thinking it's going to be in the same price range, it won't be.

TLDR :

• Console offers good performance for a better price of the hardware itself but there are drawbacks like higher prices for games usually and monthly fee as well as reduced performance compared to the average gaming PC. It is also user friendly to the average consumer as it's mostly plug and play.
  • PC offers flexibility on what you can do with it as it's not just a piece of hardware intended for games / multimedia and better performance while also being more difficult to setup for the average consumer that is not familiar with tech. Yes it's better, but yes it's more expensive.

True TLDR

Buy  what suits your needs the best and don't be a bitch. If 5 frame drop or extra is my daily concern i consider myself one of the luckiest guys out there.

@Skort Yeah PC is almost always more expensive. The only exceptions I can think of is during long console generations. That's when, at least in the past. You could get low end parts to get the job done. The PS3/360 generation comes to mind. It was 8 years long. It allowed for PC parts to become cheap enough to be an option. Of course I don't see that being a thing anytime soon. Nvidia keeps pushing GPU costs through the roof. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nvidia keeps pushing GPU costs through the roof. 

I am not one to tell people how to spend their money but in my opinion they are dumb or incredibly miss informed  for dropping so much cash on a GPU.You do not need the latest tech to run games and the tech you need to push the game from High settings to Ultra high is way too expensive to justify that shadow and texture  looking  slightly   better for those few frames you take a turn, but maybe that's just me who does not really need a game to have good graphics to find it enjoyable.

Most developers design games based on older hardware since they need to consider the fact that most users do not own cutting edge tech and are running older hardware. They can't sell their products to people if those people don't have good rigs to run them on.

I was always an nVidia guy when it comes to GPUs but the prices are astronomical and even if i could afford to drop that much for a single piece of hardware i would not buy it strictly out of principle.

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Skort said:

I'm not quite sure why people on the interwebz  are debating the PC vs Console topic yet again, or more like it never stopped

There's push to move FGC events to PC as performance and latency for most games are better on PC than console. A lot of the logistical hurdles are still present.

While PC is the expansive option it makes up for it by being cheaper in the long run. There are sales in games all the time. I brought Dragonball fighters for the cost of a meal of a fast food place. Steam has a better refund policy for digital games than the consoles do.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nvidia keeps pushing GPU costs through the roof. 

Nvidia charges out the ass for their stuff and they don't even contain the latest and greatest. I can't imagine dropping $1600 for a card that still uses display port 1.4, no support for the latest encoding tech, and has cables that will melt on you.

We really need AMD to continue stepping it up and Intel to stay in the game.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Nvidia charges out the ass for their stuff and they don't even contain the latest and greatest. I can't imagine dropping $1600 for a card that still uses display port 1.4, no support for the latest encoding tech, and has cables that will melt on you.

We really need AMD to continue stepping it up and Intel to stay in the game.

When the competition provides a compelling product, people need to buy it. That's the only way things will change. People buy Nvidia no matter what and they know that. They'll keeping pushing the envelope because to be honest, they have no reason not to. They tried to sell a 70 class card for $1200 and a 60 class card for $900. They only got called out for one of them. I'll be stunned if the "4080" doesn't sell out. It shouldn't but it will.